PDA

View Full Version : MLB is a joke

justanotherpackfan
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't you hate to be a pitcher? These days anybody can hit a home run thanks to peformancing enhancing drugs, balls that fly like Titleists and small stadiums. It's kind of pointless when the pitcher has no chance as he's throwing 95 but getting taken out of the yard 2-3 times a game. If MLB was smart they'd bump these fences back a good 50 feet or more, have fences be higher and increase the strike zone. Then we'd have a game where home runs would actually mean something.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:37 PM
OK, darlin', I know you are doing your best to distract us....but no one, in any capacity, outside of BOS or NY, cares about MLB in any form whatsoever.

Or at least you shouldn't.

(Sorry, I am just bitter. :D :cool: But MLB seriously sucks. Not baseball - but MLB.)

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2006, 09:23 PM
How do you know pitchers aren't sticking themselves?

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't you hate to be a pitcher? These days anybody can hit a home run thanks to peformancing enhancing drugs, balls that fly like Titleists and small stadiums. It's kind of pointless when the pitcher has no chance as he's throwing 95 but getting taken out of the yard 2-3 times a game. If MLB was smart they'd bump these fences back a good 50 feet or more, have fences be higher and increase the strike zone. Then we'd have a game where home runs would actually mean something.

And then there's Santana or Liriano from the Twins.... I'm sure they don't hate being pitchers.

(Sorry, I'm a bit of a closet Twins fan, even though I'm not much of a baseball fan.)

tyler

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
There probably are a lot of pitchers juicing but it has become too unbelievably easy to hit home runs. Even the scrubs and players way past their prime are approaching 30 home runs.
NL
Adam LaRoche-30
Garret Atkins-25
Ray Durham-23
Josh Willingham-22
Eric Byrnes-23
Austin Kearns-22
Rich Aurilla-21

Al
Frank Thomas-35
Nich Swisher-31
Joe Crede-29
Richie Sexson-29
Raul Ibanez-26
Marcus Thames-25
Craig Monroe-24
Brandon Inge-23

The ballooned Eras of some quality pitchers:
Mark Buerhle-4.80
Josh Beckett-5.09
Freddy Garcia-5.02
Randy Johson-4.76
Felix Hernandez-4.60
Tim Hudson-4.85
Maddux-4.38
Brad Penny-4.21
Jake Peavy-4.31
Andy Pettite-4.31

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 04:45 PM
OK, darlin', I know you are doing your best to distract us....but no one, in any capacity, outside of BOS or NY, cares about MLB in any form whatsoever.
I tried. :smile:

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm a die-hard Brew Crew fan, but they have dissapointed me this season. :cry:

justanotherpackfan
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm a die-hard Brew Crew fan, but they have dissapointed me this season. :cry:
Probably because they suck. They're not taking their 'roids.

Tony Oday
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
I am not a closet Twins fan just a bandwagon jumper when they are doing good Ill pay attention however I dont watch the games just the box score if they suck.

That being said BS to the comment Liriano and Santana give the opposition more fans than Fleet Farm! There is a steriods policy now set up and the pitchers listed above are hmm how do you say it overrated OR over the hill.

You must not watch a lot of baseball if this is your stance.

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I am not a closet Twins fan just a bandwagon jumper when they are doing good Ill pay attention however I dont watch the games just the box score if they suck.

That being said BS to the comment Liriano and Santana give the opposition more fans than Fleet Farm! There is a steriods policy now set up and the pitchers listed above are hmm how do you say it overrated OR over the hill.

You must not watch a lot of baseball if this is your stance.

I don't know if I took your comment the wrong way (I'd suggest a bit more punctuation Tony), but I was trying to suggest that Santana and Liriano are bad ass mofos that don't need the enhancers. They're talented pitchers that don't need a crutch.

tyler