PDA

View Full Version : Who’s the next guy Gute extends??

RashanGary
07-24-2019, 07:13 PM
2020 top candidates
Martinez
Allison

2021 top candidates
Clark
Bakh

Someone else?

My guess is Martinez, then Clark. Both soon.

mraynrand
07-24-2019, 07:28 PM
I can't imagine Allison being expensive at all, unless he has some kind of breakout season, and that's less likely (though possible if he's the slot go-to guy).

RashanGary
07-24-2019, 09:35 PM
I’m thinking another contract is being worked on right now, probably Martinez. Then maybe Clark. Both before mid season anyway.

pbmax
07-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Clark has to be next. Martinez will resign for Lowry's Seasoning money.

mraynrand
07-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Taco Seasoning

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/mex-grocer/lawry-s-taco-seasoning-mix-pack-of-3-3.gif

Fritz
07-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Hot thread.

Patler
07-25-2019, 08:47 AM

That was my thought at first, but since they have exercised his fifth year option, Clark is tied to GB for $9+ million in 2020. That kind of removes the pressure to sign him now. Maybe later in the season, if they still have cap space this year, or next off season.

That might make Martinez the next logical guy. Allison still has to prove where he belongs in the WR lineup based on health and prolonged performance.

pbmax
07-25-2019, 10:03 AM
That was my thought at first, but since they have exercised his fifth year option, Clark is tied to GB for $9+ million in 2020. That kind of removes the pressure to sign him now. Maybe later in the season, if they still have cap space this year, or next off season.

That might make Martinez the next logical guy. Allison still has to prove where he belongs in the WR lineup based on health and prolonged performance.

Fair point.

mraynrand
07-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Hot thread.
https://images.app.goo.gl/6Uga2WushYrh9c3TA

Anti-Polar Bear
07-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Cut Allison and sign the guy the Cowboys just cut, Allen Hurns.

run pMc
07-25-2019, 01:42 PM
They'll start talks with Martinez, see how Crawford, Burks and Summers look, and make an offer if it's reasonable. They will definitely sign Clark, but I could see them try to fit Martinez under the cap first.
I'd think they wait until end of year for Allison. They have a group of young WRs they hope make a jump, plus G-Mo needs to prove he's productive post-injury.

Clark and Bahk are keepers. Clark is young and still improving. With Bahktiari, good teams need to have a good LT, and OTs can play into their 30's.

Joemailman
07-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Cut Allison and sign the guy the Cowboys just cut, Allen Hurns.

Why sign a guy who couldn't make the Cowboys? Darrin Charles could probably make the Cowboys.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Why sign a guy who couldn't make the Cowboys? Darrin Charles could probably make the Cowboys.

And no one should sign Mike Daniels b/c he couldn’t make the Packers?

Hurns would be a upgrade over Allison, a sloth. Any tall, fit black guy at your local Y can do what Allison does.

Zool
07-26-2019, 09:32 AM

They cut him for money reasons I think?

Zool
07-26-2019, 09:35 AM
And no one should sign Mike Daniels b/c he couldn’t make the Packers?

Hurns would be a upgrade over Allison, a sloth. Any tall, fit black guy at your local Y can do what Allison does.

That closet door is creeping open. Just let it go. You'll be happier.