PDA

View Full Version : Just Sayin'

The Shadow
08-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Adams & Kumerow on the outside, Allison in the slot, Graham.
Rodgers would have an open man on virtually every play.

Fritz
08-02-2019, 11:15 PM

You mean he wouldn't dance around and try to extend every single play?

hooray!

Anti-Polar Bear
08-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Butte had Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb and J-Mike in their primes at one point, and they weren’t open “virtually every play.”

You’re telling me Kum, Allison, Graham and Adams are better than the aforementioned players?

Kum is just another Aryan dude. Allison is a deer-legged sloth. Graham ain’t the player he was in New Orleans. Adams was a fraud not so long ago. The Tennessee Titans receiving crops as a whole is better than the Packers’, and try naming a Titan WR off the top of your head.

In an act of incompetence, German Shepherd took a fucking center over DK Metcalf. Therefore, expect MVS to start at the X or Z opposite Adams.

Trade Allison, Aaron Jones, Josh Jones and a 1st to the San Diego Chargers for Mel-Gord. Look at McVay’s offense. It ain’t exotic without a functioning Gurley. Get Mel-Gord and the Packers get a rich man’s version of McVay’s O - A-Rod is the square root of fuck times better than Goff.

Radagast
08-03-2019, 03:17 AM
APB, you should go and get yourself the job of coaching Colin Kaepernick !

Oh wait ... :butt:

The Shadow
08-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Gordon : No thanks.
Metcalf : definitely no.
Kaepernick : I think the Packers already have a waterboy.

SMBASS
08-03-2019, 02:19 PM
I thought EQ Brown had a decent rookie season with 21 catches. Not sure why he's being overlooked but I haven't heard anything about him recently. His average yards per catch was actually a little better than MVS.

texaspackerbacker
08-03-2019, 04:01 PM
I doubt St. Brown is being overlooked by the people who count - the coaching staff.

I read an article today that J'mon Moore is stepping up so far. Kumerow has done well; And Trevor Davis - who has been a good kick returner but a nothing his whole career as a receiver - is apparently looking good.

I kinda took it for granted that the team would keep 6 WRs - Adams, MVS, ESB, Allison, Moore, and Kumerow. If Davis elevates his game, he might be the 7th. And apparently several of the street free agents have looked good too - Lazard, the North Dakota kid, etc. It's a good dilemma to have.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-03-2019, 05:17 PM
I doubt St. Brown is being overlooked by the people who count - the coaching staff.

I read an article today that J'mon Moore is stepping up so far. Kumerow has done well; And Trevor Davis - who has been a good kick returner but a nothing his whole career as a receiver - is apparently looking good.

I kinda took it for granted that the team would keep 6 WRs - Adams, MVS, ESB, Allison, Moore, and Kumerow. If Davis elevates his game, he might be the 7th. And apparently several of the street free agents have looked good too - Lazard, the North Dakota kid, etc. It's a good dilemma to have.

Everyone looks good in TC practices where WRs have all day to run routes since QBs aren’t getting their heads chopped off. Just ask Jarrett Boykin, Tori Gurley and Taco Wallace.

The Packers only have 1 bonafide NFL WR, Adams. The rest are wankers, unworthy of carrying Jeff Janis’ jockstrap. MVS worked with Randy Moss in the offseason, but he ain’t Moss.

The lack of overall Wu-tang Kung Fu - that’s hip-hop for talent - at the WR position will be the reason why the Packers won’t win the Super Bowl this season.

bobblehead
08-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Somewhere between Tank and Tex lies the truth. Only one guy that scares a D at the moment. Based an ALL the things I read I would say that MVS will become a legit #2 deep threat. Davis and Kumerow will be nice completments. St. Brown has been radio silence...not a good thing. And J'mon Moore might find himself unemployed.

Another truth is that we have no clue what gutes is thinking. Keep giving J'mon more time to develop cuz I drafted him. Rodgers likes Kumerow and he is effective so he stays....or Kume is a journyman he goes. St. Brown didn't do enough to improve and seemed set to rest on his decent rookie year...he goes. We just have no clue. Adams, MVS are stone cold locks. Allison is almost a lock. After that I could see almost anything happening. My preference is keep 6 and Moore goes. Not sure if he can be PS after last year on roster, but from the outside it seems he is the least reliable.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2019, 02:03 PM
In an act of incompetence, German Shepherd took a fucking center over DK Metcalf.

I am not all that high on Metcalf. Great straight line speed, but no agility, questionable hands, and is very injury prone. He missed over 40% of his college games due to injury. Hes banged up already in camp. I have serious doubts that he can be a consistent contributor in the NFL.

Tony Oday
08-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Anything that Anti wants do the opposite to be successful

Anti-Polar Bear
08-05-2019, 03:17 AM
I am not all that high on Metcalf. Great straight line speed, but no agility, questionable hands, and is very injury prone. He missed over 40% of his college games due to injury. Hes banged up already in camp. I have serious doubts that he can be a consistent contributor in the NFL.

Megatron himself wasn’t exactly an agile horse, either. Metcalf is a Megatron clone, if not a poor man’s Megatron. Yes, Metcalf has an injury history, but since when did that stop the Packers from drafting injury-prone college players?

4.3 40. Hulked. Comes from a football family, so he’s smart as fuck, football-wise. Alotta rookie WRs need time to get the S,E,X,Y positions straight, but Metcalf is NFL ready. Woulda looked good in the Green and Gold.

pbmax
08-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Kumerow is basically James Jones at this point. Good size, good speed, Rodgers and he have a mind meld.

pbmax
08-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Anything that Anti wants do the opposite to be successful

Sometimes, maybe. But I really want the S.E.X.Y nomenclature to catch on for skill position players.

texaspackerbacker
08-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Talk about Megatron comparisons, Valdez-Scantling comes closer physically than Metcalf. This year might bring some performance comparisons too. When it comes to WRs, better to take a flyer on a guy in the 4th - 7th round than to possibly waste a number one pick on that position.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Talk about Megatron comparisons, Valdez-Scantling comes closer physically than Metcalf. This year might bring some performance comparisons too. When it comes to WRs, better to take a flyer on a guy in the 4th - 7th round than to possibly waste a number one pick on that position.

MVS is 6’4” 206. Megatron was 6’5” 230. Metcalf is 6’4” 230.

You’re getting old, Tex. MVS looks more like Moss than Megatron.

Moss, Johnson, Julio Jones, etc. were all first rounders. Yeah, wait to take a WR in the 7th.

The Shadow
08-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Metcalf : looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
No thanks.

texaspackerbacker
08-05-2019, 12:50 PM
MVS is 6’4” 206. Megatron was 6’5” 230. Metcalf is 6’4” 230.

You’re getting old, Tex. MVS looks more like Moss than Megatron.

Moss, Johnson, Julio Jones, etc. were all first rounders. Yeah, wait to take a WR in the 7th.

Yeah, that extra 24 pounds ain't gonna help him much as a WR, and it sure hasn't kept him healthier.

More like Randy Moss? I'd say that's a good thing - even compared to C. Johnson.

Zool
08-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Megatron himself wasn’t exactly an agile horse, either.

This is just stupid, even for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRqyjzyBRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAjW9GbLEks

pbmax
08-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Yeah, that extra 24 pounds ain't gonna help him much as a WR, and it sure hasn't kept him healthier.

More like Randy Moss? I'd say that's a good thing - even compared to C. Johnson.

So just going to go with: "don't acknowledge previously wrong-headed comment"?

Anti-Polar Bear
08-05-2019, 04:08 PM
This is just stupid, even for you.

I’m guessing you’ve never played Madden before b/c, apparently, you cannot tell the difference between speed and agility.

Calvin Johnson refused to run the 3-cones drill at the combine. Gee, why would a quick as a cat player refuse to showcase his agility? Megatron made a hall of fame career out of running mostly go, stops and post routes, which your vids depicts. He was Wu-Tang running those simple routes b/c of his size and speed.

Wes Welker, on other hand, was slow, white and a midget. But the guy was quick as a fucking cat. He was an agile horse.

Pb agrees with this post. :)

Zool
08-05-2019, 07:08 PM
His best catch is literally a crossing route.

mraynrand
08-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Megatron made a hall of fame career out of running mostly go, stops and post routes, which your vids depicts. He was Wu-Tang running those simple routes b/c of his size and speed.

He was more like Wei Tu Lo, Sum Ting Wong, or Ho Lee Fuk.

pbmax
08-06-2019, 08:15 AM
He was more like Wei Tu Lo, Sum Ting Wong, or Ho Lee Fuk.

I have been getting a lot of milage out of Tiger-Crane jokes lately.

APB's argument is that Calvin was not Welker, that is obvious, point to APB. Slowing down Megatron should be described in a Sci Fi novel as a complicated process of encountering extreme G force and having to reinforce the body to withstand them. By the way, The Expanse is coming back to TV, you should all go back and binge the first three seasons to catch up.

But agility isn't the word here. Zool's videos are right, if Calvin can warp space time to retreat to a spot he was at 1 second ago, you can't call him non agile.

I think its change of direction we are looking for. However, given his size, like a post player in basketball, I am not sure Calvin was ever worried that the defense was nearby.