PDA

View Full Version : What are you expecting in our first preseason game

bobblehead
08-04-2019, 11:31 AM
So, the big thing for me is that its the first time in several years I'm excited about some of the depth on the roster. I have been hit and miss on watching preseason last few years because the most exciting player after the starters was Jayrone Elliote.

Now I'm actually excited to see ghost pepper lineup at the hybrid and play downhill (like he is meant to...sorry fat mike, you sucked).

I want to see Tonyan steal the starting job from Jimmy Graham.

I want to see which receiver on the depth chart explodes (as opposed to last year, praying for Allison to be an average #2).

Is the Holman hype for real?

I feel like I did in the early TT days when MM was hungry and we had a competitive roster and blew out the second halves of preseason games. How about you rats?

Radagast
08-04-2019, 12:00 PM
So, the big thing for me is that its the first time in several years I'm excited about some of the depth on the roster. I have been hit and miss on watching preseason last few years because the most exciting player after the starters was Jayrone Elliote.

Now I'm actually excited to see ghost pepper lineup at the hybrid and play downhill (like he is meant to...sorry fat mike, you sucked).

I want to see Tonyan steal the starting job from Jimmy Graham.

I want to see which receiver on the depth chart explodes (as opposed to last year, praying for Allison to be an average #2).

Is the Holman hype for real?

I feel like I did in the early TT days when MM was hungry and we had a competitive roster and blew out the second halves of preseason games. How about you rats?

I salute your post, but creating a new thread for it is redundant. You must have seen it.

I expect to see high intensity from both the Texans and the Packers. Loads of players from both teams will be fighting to impress and gain roster spots.
Next, I expect to see GB go to the run more than we have seen in a long time. LaFleur's offense is based on the run and blocking will be in the spotlight. Linebacker/DB play will be under the spotlight for the Packer D. The WR/TE/RB receiving core will be closely looked at up until cut day. Known starters like Rodgers and Alexander and A.Jones as well as Adams and the starting O-line will see little to no action at all. Second and third team players will be regularly switched out throughout the game. Close attention will be given to Special Teams play as the video will be closely examined and players graded.

:duel:

texaspackerbacker
08-04-2019, 01:18 PM
It's the first preseason game. I'm not expecting too much action, especially from first stringers.

I'm thinking/HOPING that all these people expecting such a big change are gonna be sadly disappointed. LaFleur ain't stupid. He had Todd Gurley, a great O Line, and a just ok QB, so he ran the ball - duh. Now he has the GOAT QB and maybe decent RBs, and a mediocre O Line. Expect to see Aaron Rodgers doing what he does better than anybody ever - just not for very many plays on Thursday.

What I want to see is the new and improved D - the Smith boys, Amos, Gary, a healthy King, etc. etc.

I also want to see what our deep corps of receivers can do with Boyle and Kizer, knowing if they look good, they will be look a whole lot better with Aaron Rodgers.

I was hoping we would replace Crosby this year, but I doubt Ficken is capable of doing that.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Just no big injuries.

gbgary
08-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Just no big injuries.

too late.

red
08-04-2019, 03:01 PM
i'm expecting to see the new HC play a-rod for more then 1 series in preseason to get him up to speed on on the same page as the rest of the offense for the first time in a long time

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2019, 04:16 PM
too late.

Kevin King doesn't count, he's always hurt.

red
08-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Kevin King doesn't count, he's always hurt.

got a bad case of packer hammy

that can only mean one thing, he'll be a pro bowler, for another team

RashanGary
08-04-2019, 04:41 PM
I very highly doubt Tonyan is going to beat out Graham. But he has a chance to develop into a decent NFL player.

I’m excited to see Gary! Savage! Alexander! Amos! Blake! Clark! Z! Preston! M Adams and the whole defensive crew. Hollman too! Would be so great if he somehow turned into a starting caliber player on day one.

Aaron Rodgers is looking dialed in. MVS has elite length and deep speed and catches this ball. Aaron Rodgers has never had an elite deep threat. Now he does. I’m excited to see that!

It sounds like Turner is the real deal. I’m excited to see the OL. We’ve had a few really good OLs over the last 10-20 years. This could be another.