PDA

View Full Version : Deadspin: Why your team will suck Packers edition

RashanGary
08-07-2019, 06:18 PM
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-green-bay-packers-1836994171/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Wist, is that you?

RashanGary
08-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Gave me my laugh for the day, after I got banned from footballs future for a metaphor that compares Gutekunst exterminating Thompson’s players to Hitler exterminating Jews and ending my posts with heil Gute. Apparently that is trolling behavior and worthy of being banned. I’ve done so much worse here and never got banned. Like the time I called the alleged rape victims “savvy vets” as if they were trying to get money from whoever that CB was who was accused (house?) They did turn out to be prostitutes lying to get money, and I was right again, but still, at the time it was quite off putting to the women members here. I didn’t get banned tho. Wtf! I feel like tank!

Joemailman
08-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Thought this was pretty funny:

Luke:

After chasing human sized woodchuck Mike McCarthy off of the Lambeau sod with a rake, Mark Murphy turns around and hands the head coaching job to his paperboy.

Radagast
08-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Gave me my laugh for the day, after I got banned from footballs future for a metaphor that compares Gutekunst exterminating Thompson’s players to Hitler exterminating Jews and ending my posts with heil Gute. Apparently that is trolling behavior and worthy of being banned. I’ve done so much worse here and never got banned. Like the time I called the alleged rape victims “savvy vets” as if they were trying to get money from whoever that CB was who was accused (house?) They did turn out to be prostitutes lying to get money, and I was right again, but still, at the time it was quite off putting to the women members here. I didn’t get banned tho. Wtf! I feel like tank!

I know of at least two others in this forum beside you that have been banned from other sites. One in particular told off a "Super Monitor" in what I thought was a most creative and graphic manner. As much as I value members not personally attacking another member, I still remember cheering that poster on as he stood up to the old guard snobs that could not tolerate a severely different opinion.

QBME
08-07-2019, 07:15 PM
I know of at least two others in this forum beside you that have been banned from other sites. One in particular told off a "Super Monitor" in what I thought was a most creative and graphic manner. As much as I value members not personally attacking another member, I still remember cheering that poster on as he stood up to the old guard snobs that could not tolerate a severely different opinion.

ARGO

Bretsky
08-07-2019, 07:24 PM
To be fair many "outside" of our forum and state feel our hiring was laughable and will blow up on GB.

And they believe Rodgers and Matty aren't going to co exist well.

pbmax
08-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Magary does this better when the Packers are threatening the Vikings. If the Pack had beat the Vikes instead of the Bears on that Rodgers comeback to open the season last year, would have been more entertaining.

This seemed perfunctory.

pbmax
08-07-2019, 07:53 PM
To be fair many "outside" of our forum and state feel our hiring was laughable and will blow up on GB.

And they believe Rodgers and Matty aren't going to co exist well.

I still don't like the hire, but he has weathered camp and the Titans practices better than I thought he would. We'll see.

Bretsky
08-07-2019, 08:21 PM
I still don't like the hire, but he has weathered camp and the Titans practices better than I thought he would. We'll see.

HA; a second person to go on record
I don't really like the hire either.
Maybe it's just because I don't get it

Time will tell

George Cumby
08-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Magary does this better when the Packers are threatening the Vikings. If the Pack had beat the Vikes instead of the Bears on that Rodgers comeback to open the season last year, would have been more entertaining.

This seemed perfunctory.

Idk. There were some good ones in there.

Trouble is, I’m afraid he’s right.

pbmax
08-08-2019, 08:21 AM
HA; a second person to go on record
I don't really like the hire either.
Maybe it's just because I don't get it

Time will tell

I don't think its a bad hire. But its been nothing remarkable through now and I suspect he was not much different than 10 other assistants they could hire. His best decision so far was to keep Pettine. He didn't get many, if any, of his top choices for assistants after that. He has been OK with the public and survived Rodgers pushing him around and he got another team into camp.

He is doing better than Freddie Kitchens (publicly fighting his OL coach) and Brian Flores (has lost one assistant to health and another to incompetence). The one sure sign of improvement is that Gute seems willing to give Pettine players designed for his system, which Ted and Dom couldn't seem to do after drafting Nick Perry.

But they haven't played yet so this is all speculation.

Going this route, the question again is: can the Packers do a better job of developing a head coach than they did with Sherman (saddled him with GM job) or McCarthy. Can they get this kid to learn and adapt? That will be the test. Otherwise they need a early Wolf or Thompson run of play acquisition to make the Super Bowl.

pbmax
08-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Idk. There were some good ones in there.

Trouble is, I’m afraid he’s right.

There were. But I like the vitriol to be higher. Easier when Packers are better. That letter to the editor in the comments was more of what I hope for, but I think that was old news.

swede
08-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Gave me my laugh for the day, after I got banned from footballs future for a metaphor that compares Gutekunst exterminating Thompson’s players to Hitler exterminating Jews and ending my posts with heil Gute. Apparently that is trolling behavior and worthy of being banned. I’ve done so much worse here and never got banned!

I thought your Hitler take deserved a few boos, but the ban startled me. They trigger easily over there.

I keep my head down at that site, but I did weigh in on the debate regarding Kaepernick’s “cotton-picking” mind— using the word “cotton-picking” in my response to demonstrate its benign utility—and the thud of fainting snowflakes echoed in the ensuing outrage. As someone who as a child watched in horror as Bull Connor’s men fire-hosed and set dogs on black citizens of our country on the evening news, I have little respect for posturing millennials who habitually outrage over the unoutrageous.

Back to Fake Sports News, Yahoo Sports led today, a bit tardily I think, with Rodgers’ comments over joint practices, painting them as a scandalous, irreparable split from his his head coach. I see MLF’s point about evaluating better and increasing intensity. But Aaron made an excellent point about the joint practice forcing a week-long break from real installations to practice vanilla looks against a league opponent.

mraynrand
08-08-2019, 08:57 AM
But Aaron made an excellent point about the joint practice forcing a week-long break from real installations to practice vanilla looks against a league opponent.

Yep. But they can all just study harder at night...

Also, I believe I'd last about 5 posts at FF before being banned.

pbmax
08-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Yep. But they can all just study harder at night...

J'Mon Moore has been sleeping with the iPad under his head and its not helping.

run pMc
08-08-2019, 09:47 AM
ARGO

???

Advanced Reciprocating Gait Orthosis ?

run pMc
08-08-2019, 09:57 AM
I don't think its a bad hire. But its been nothing remarkable through now and I suspect he was not much different than 10 other assistants they could hire. His best decision so far was to keep Pettine. He didn't get many, if any, of his top choices for assistants after that. He has been OK with the public and survived Rodgers pushing him around and he got another team into camp.

He is doing better than Freddie Kitchens (publicly fighting his OL coach) and Brian Flores (has lost one assistant to health and another to incompetence). The one sure sign of improvement is that Gute seems willing to give Pettine players designed for his system, which Ted and Dom couldn't seem to do after drafting Nick Perry.

But they haven't played yet so this is all speculation.

Going this route, the question again is: can the Packers do a better job of developing a head coach than they did with Sherman (saddled him with GM job) or McCarthy. Can they get this kid to learn and adapt? That will be the test. Otherwise they need a early Wolf or Thompson run of play acquisition to make the Super Bowl.

I think Gute is going to have to get him some players...he went out and got quite a few for Pettine. They have a QB, LT, #1 WR, and good-enough RBs...so it's really on the coaches to make the most of what they have. I think they've improved the talent level considerably on the defensive side which should help. The WRs are there wildcard there.

You're right on re: the coach being able to adapt and develop, and I'm curious to see what happens when adversity hits and if he can keep things together. For all his faults, M3 kept the locker room...at least until the last year. Trouble is, he lost Rodgers, and his scheme became stale and was not well suited to rookie WRs.

mraynrand
08-08-2019, 10:02 AM
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-green-bay-packers-1836994171/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Nate:

My mother-in-law joined us for a Packers game a few years back. Before halftime ended, an obese, shirtless man sitting behind us vomited on her and then fell directly on top of her. The guy didn’t get kicked out.

Bob:

The new Head Coach must have found one of Dom Caper's old hairpieces and decided "That's the look I just gotta have!"

mraynrand
08-08-2019, 10:03 AM
J'Mon Moore has been sleeping with the iPad under his head and its not helping.

Hooking up the wireless earbuds was too much for him

QBME
08-08-2019, 02:03 PM
???

Advanced Reciprocating Gait Orthosis ?

ARGO fuck yourself.
Good movie.
Better joke told by the Irish quipster David Allen.

run pMc
08-08-2019, 03:53 PM
ARGO fuck yourself.
Good movie.
Better joke told by the Irish quipster David Allen.

"ARGO fuck yourself." LOL
That sounds like an answer fake Sean Connery would give on SNL's Jeopardy, or what a pirate might say.

I actually did like that movie.

gbgary
08-09-2019, 09:52 PM

hilarious, scarey, on point, and crazy, all at the same time.