PDA

View Full Version : What's on your playlist right now?

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 12:57 PM
1. "Our Truth" - Lacuna Coil
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" - My Chemical Romance
3. "Isolation Years" - Opeth
4. "Wicked Game" - H.I.M.
5. "Sell My Heart for Stones" - Nevermore
6. "Sour Times" - Portishead
7. "The Music That We Hear" - Morcheeba
8. "Angel Eyes" - Jerry Cantrell
9. "Dying Slowly" - Perfect Enemy
10. "Land of Confusion" - Disturbed

Your turn...

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
you would think less of me if i told you, so i ain't sayin

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
No, I wouldn't. That's the point of this game, for each of us to share. I'll learn about music from you (even if you have Kelly Clarkson on constant rotation); you can learn about it from me. So please don't be bashful HH. Give it a try.

tyler

Oscar
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
1. Photograph--Nicelback
2. Stricken--Disturbed
3. Are You Gonna Be My Girl--Jet
4. Thoughtless--Korn
5. Sugar, we're goin down--Fall Out Boys

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
1. Photograph--Nicelback
2. Stricken--Disturbed
3. Are You Gonna Be My Girl--Jet
4. Thoughtless--Korn
5. Sugar, we're goin down--Fall Out Boys

"Stricken" rocks dude! I listened to that over and over again when I first got "Ten Thousand Fists". I think I listened to it too much and I wore it out. Make sure you check out "Our Truth" by Lacuna Coil. They're gonna be huge this year (in addition to having their second tour on Ozzfest).

tyler

Oscar
03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Bands like Disturbed are a sigh that the ROCK we love is comming back bro. :D

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:27 PM
This will be a big year for da rawk music. Many big-name bands, including Tool, are going to be putting out new albums. It was quiet last year, but this year things should get crazy again.

Thankfully.

tyler

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 01:41 PM
jack would you think less of me if i told you i have not ever heard or heard of any of your songs or artists??? well too late, and i haven't

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
jack would you think less of me if i told you i have not ever heard or heard of any of your songs or artists??? well too late, and i haven't

Nope, I wouldn't think less of you at all. I think that's the goal here: to expose (not in a N&B thread sense of the word) each other to different kinds of music and discover connections with other posters around common music interests. So, please, post what you're listening to.

I'm pretty diverse, though, unfortunately, I don't do country at all. I know that's a popular genre and I am not saying you can't post country playlists here. I'm sure there are other posters that are fans.

So, bring your playlist and lets see what you're listening to...

tyler

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 01:49 PM
what if i don't have an IPOD. does that mean i don't have playlist either? can i just name off some of the old 8 tracks that i have bouncing around the truck, and hanging off my gun rack.

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't have an IPOD either. These are just songs that I have in my playlist on my system right now. Random order. I guess you could post your list of favorite songs...or which ever ones work with your gun rack. :D

There really aren't any rules to this, though "playlist" now tends to imply some sort of IPOD connection, which is lame.

tyler

Oscar
03-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Same here. No ipod just songs or CD's I have in and the songs I like best.

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty diverse, though, unfortunately, I don't do country at all.

well jack, i can help you let a little of that red in your neck show thru. first of all we need to help you get a nascar driver. then we'll work on your country music, then i'll see if we can size your sedan up for the gun rack.

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
You are TOO funny Whiskey! :lol:

tyler

FavreChild
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
How does the new Disturbed stuff compare with The Sickness and Believe?

Just curious - I've pretty much given up radio...haven't been hearing much new stuff lately.

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
How does the new Disturbed stuff compare with The Sickness and Believe?

Just curious - I've pretty much given up radio...haven't been hearing much new stuff lately.

"Ten Thousand Fists" is filled with hits. I liked "Believe", but it had its shortcomings. I would say that "Ten Thousand Fists" is on par with "The Sickness", though I don't know if a Disturbed album will ever be as classic as that one. TTF has great writing, solid musicianship and a fun cover of Gensis' "Land of Confusion", which, if you know Disturbed well and liked their cover of "Shout", you'll get into it.

Probably one of the best rock albums of 2005.

tyler

BTW--Thanks for asking!

Oscar
03-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I like the guitar playing on there new disk. The solo's just make it alot better.. IMHO. :D

FavreChild
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
thx!

I'll try to check it out...

imscott72
03-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh man, where do I start? Disturbed friggin rocks, especially when pumping iron. Hinder, Metallica, ACDC, Staind, Linkin Park, System of a Down, The Offspring just for starters..

BackPack
03-31-2006, 05:59 AM
1. Neko Case
2. Slim Cessna's Auto Club
3. FC Kahuna
4. Thievery Corporation
5. Phish
6. Grateful Dead
7. Bill Withers
8. G. Love and Special Sauce
9. Ben Harper
10. Cracker

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Welcome Backpack,

That's one eclectic mix. I like Phish and The Dead, but I'm not a fanatic like most groupies.

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Welcome backpack! Great list!

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh man, where do I start? Disturbed friggin rocks, especially when pumping iron. Hinder, Metallica, ACDC, Staind, Linkin Park, System of a Down, The Offspring just for starters..

Like the list imscott72! I'm down with them all, though, I have to admit, I've never heard Hinder. I'll have to check 'em out.

I need the new LP album to come out NOW, dangit. Fort Minor was not a very good substitute and Chester Bennington's side projects just are sufficing.

tyler

imscott72
03-31-2006, 05:50 PM

Like the list imscott72! I'm down with them all, though, I have to admit, I've never heard Hinder. I'll have to check 'em out.

You've never heard the song "Get Stoned"? It rocks, check em out..

Anti-Polar Bear
03-31-2006, 05:50 PM
I am mad now because my ipod, which i paid 200 bucks for just last fall, is not working at all. Fucking Apple, ripping people off with non durable products!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BackPack
03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I am mad now because my ipod, which i paid 200 bucks for just last fall, is not working at all. Fucking Apple, ripping people off with non durable products!!!

Buy Creative, not as snazzy but more durable and much better sound. I got mine two years ago and I'm still very pleased.

BackPack
03-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Welcome Backpack,

That's one eclectic mix. I like Phish and The Dead, but I'm not a fanatic like most groupies.

Thanks for the welcome...not a groupie either but I recently dusted off some of the old jamband stuff that I always seem to return to come spring.

imscott72
03-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Buy Creative, not as snazzy but more durable and much better sound. I got mine two years ago and I'm still very pleased.

I paid 50 bucks for my Yepp MP3 player and the thing works awesome. The battery last me a week or more and its rechargeable..

Anti-Polar Bear
03-31-2006, 09:50 PM

How many bytes of storage does a typical product have? How much does it cost? Same with M3 players.

One thing i hate most in the world is shop. So i dont really know how much things are sold for at retail stores.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM

How many bytes of storage does a typical product have? How much does it cost? Same with M3 players.

One thing i hate most in the world is shop. So i dont really know how much things are sold for at retail stores.

Hmm. Ive had alot of diff mp3's. Ok well i first started off with creative zen touch. Bought it jan. 2005. It worked good-minus me dropping it so much that i had to get it fixed twice. The only cons i experienced, was i dont like the media player it has, Creative media source. The only reason i switched to an apple nano, was because i like new iteams and plus the zen was big and kinda bulky. It was 20 gigs tho, or u can get a 40 gig one. Also i got a good deal on my nano on ebay. Ive had it for a lil while now and it works great. It had no scratches and worked perfect. I also like itunes which is a plus. On ebay i got a 2 gig for 150 which i liked, compared to the zen which i got for 220. Also be fore the zen, i had a Rio Riot. It worked pretty good and i liked it.

http://us.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=213&

BackPack
04-01-2006, 09:21 AM

Hmm. Ive had alot of diff mp3's. Ok well i first started off with creative zen touch. Bought it jan. 2005. It worked good-minus me dropping it so much that i had to get it fixed twice. The only cons i experienced, was i dont like the media player it has, Creative media source. The only reason i switched to an apple nano, was because i like new iteams and plus the zen was big and kinda bulky. It was 20 gigs tho, or u can get a 40 gig one. Also i got a good deal on my nano on ebay. Ive had it for a lil while now and it works great. It had no scratches and worked perfect. I also like itunes which is a plus. On ebay i got a 2 gig for 150 which i liked, compared to the zen which i got for 220. Also be fore the zen, i had a Rio Riot. It worked pretty good and i liked it.

http://us.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=213&
I have the Zen xtra 30 gig player "the silver brick" It's big compared to other players out there but it's been treating me right and I still think of it as a Jukebox in the palm of my hand. With that said, you can get a pretty sweet player (at least 30 gigs) for around 200 bucks and if it has Play For Sure capability you can bypass whatever crappy software comes with it (like mediasource) and do everything through Windows Media Player 10. Which I personally like alot...works extremely well for everything I like to do.

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I've owned a few different mp3 players, but once I got an iPod, there was no turning back. I just got the new video one, which fricken rocks. The main reason why I like iPods are because they have the widest selection of accessories. I put the ol' 200 CD changer on eBay and burned all my CD's to my Ipod. Wanted one gadget to hold all of my music. have a couple of Bose Soundocks in the house, so when I want to listen, just dock it. When I walk the dogs, throw on the earbuds. When I'm in the car, use the FM transmitter. Although I have Sirius in the car, so I'm usually content with that. Video podcasting is what sold me on the new video Ipods. Take a look on itunes.com and see all the free podcasts available. For example, I'm big on PhotoShop, so I watch the video tutorials available. podcasting is totally free, by the way. you'll see Packer podcasts available as well.

Needless to say, I LOVE music. My current "Go" playlist consists of the following:

"Rock Star" - Nickelback
"Next Contestant" - Nickelback
"Sorry" - Madonna
"Phantom of the Opera Overture" - Andrew Lloyd Weber
"Are You Ready?" - AC/DC
"Margaritaville"- Jimmy Buffett
"I Stay Away" - Alice In Chains
"Perfect Situation" - Weezer
"Slither" - Velvet Revolver
"I Got You" - Stone Temple Pilots
"Syncronicity 2" - Police
"Sitting, Wishing, Waiting" - Jack Johnson
"So Far Away" - Crossfade

I'm up for anything....except country music

jack's smirking revenge
04-01-2006, 12:31 PM
AIC is one of my faves. I WILL NOT miss them when they start touring this year. I also really dig that Crossfade album. It was a bit underrated, but they have a really good sound.

tyler

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 11:13 PM
AIC is one of my faves too. If I had to pick an era of what I think the best music came out of, it would be the alternative/grunge scene of the early 90's.

Iron Mike
04-02-2006, 03:25 AM
What's on my playlist?? Charlie Brown Hey Ya!!!!

http://www.smithappens.com/video_charliebrownheya.php

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 09:52 AM
That vid is wonderful right down to the credits!

pacfan
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
my playlist;

"Its been awhile"-staind
"figured you out"-Nickelback
"Do you call my name"-RA
"the god that failed"-Metallica
"thunderstruck"-AC/DC
"cumbersome"-7mary3
"still frame"-trapt

and much more...

jack's smirking revenge
04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
my playlist;

"Its been awhile"-staind
"figured you out"-Nickelback
"Do you call my name"-RA
"the god that failed"-Metallica
"thunderstruck"-AC/DC
"cumbersome"-7mary3
"still frame"-trapt

and much more...

Someone else that knows Ra. How cool. I picked up "Duality" a month ago and its pretty good, but not near as good as their first one (though they do do an interesting cover of "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic").

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
1. I will dare - (X demo of Mats)
2. It's a wonderful life -Sparklehorse
3. Honey and the moon - Joseph Arthur
4. Such great heights - Postal Service
5. The State I Am In - Belle and Sebastian
6. First Wave Intact - Secret Machines
7. (Around You) Everywhere- BJM
8. Faces down - Sondre Lerche
9. Metronomic Underground - Stereolab
10. Sweet Child O' Mine - Luna

GoPackGo
04-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Thievery corporation - Lebanese Blonde
311 - Whisky & Wine
authority zero-solitude
Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
beastie boys-professorbootie
beck- Earthquake Weather
Cake- Nugget
Citizen Kane - Better days
folk impolsion-naturalone
House of Pain - Shamrocks and Shenanigans
icecube-wicked
J-LIVE-Kick it to the Beat
Live - I Walk the Line
medeski martin and wood- pappy check
Seether - Fine Again
sublime-live at e's
System Of A Down - Shimmy
Tenacious D -tribute
Trik Turner - Friends and Family
Z-Trip - Rhythmic Metaphor

GoPackGo
04-10-2006, 12:40 AM
311 - Whisky & Wine
authority zero-solitude
beck- Earthquake Weather
Cake- Nugget
icecube-wicked
Live - I Walk the Line
Seether - Fine Again
sublime-live at e's
Tenacious D -tribute

Tarlam!
04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Elvis Costello - I write the book
3rd eye blind - semi charmed life
Guano Apes - Open your eyes
Bruce Springstien - Rosalita
Hunters & Collectors - Say Goodbye
Zep - Immigrant Song

Tyrone Bigguns
04-11-2006, 12:35 AM
311 - Whisky & Wine
authority zero-solitude
beck- Earthquake Weather
Cake- Nugget
icecube-wicked
Live - I Walk the Line
Seether - Fine Again
sublime-live at e's
Tenacious D -tribute

Lebanese Blond is one of my favorite Thievery Corp. songs. Surprised to see someone else is listening to the Avalanches. Ever listen to Jazzanova, Jack Myers, or Gotan Project? I'm so digging Goldfrapp.

jack's smirking revenge
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Elvis Costello - I write the book
3rd eye blind - semi charmed life
Guano Apes - Open your eyes
Bruce Springstien - Rosalita
Hunters & Collectors - Say Goodbye
Zep - Immigrant Song

Tar, I just popped in the Guano Apes CD the other day. Forgot how much I dug it. I really like that "Open Your Eyes" song. What became of them? Did they go back to singing in German?

tyler

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
They split up. They are all doing other things. I didn't even know they were German until I downloaded the song and started reseaching the band. My little girl told me it was chick singing. I lost $5 that very moment....

jack's smirking revenge
04-11-2006, 10:26 AM
311 - Whisky & Wine
authority zero-solitude
beck- Earthquake Weather
Cake- Nugget
icecube-wicked
Live - I Walk the Line
Seether - Fine Again
sublime-live at e's
Tenacious D -tribute

Just listened to Folk Implosion the other day and think "Guero" was probably the best album of 2005. I love "Earthquake Weather". Amazing song.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
04-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Today I took my fucked up and expensive as shit Ipod to the Ipod store at Pentagon City Mall here in DC and they wont fix it cos its an Ipod nano "hp." Said I needs to go to an hp store for help, even though the Apple logo was clearly seen on the fucked up itSuck.

I am sick of Apple products and trm im gonna go buy a Creative and subscribe to Napster.

Fuck Apple Computer!!! :evil:

Badgepack
05-14-2006, 01:28 PM
This thread is great, got some good new songs I never knew of, Thanks all.

Here is this weeks "mix tape" CD-

Pearl Jam – World Wide Suicide
Led Zeppelin – Long Black Wavy Hair(BBC recording)
Sweatmaster – Maggots
Neil Young – Time Fades Away
Rod Stewart and Faces – Angel
The Cribs – Martell
Hank Williams III – Crazed Country Rebel
Caesar’s Palace – Sort It Out
Primal Scream – Country Girl
Secret Machines – Road Leads Where It’s Led
Kiss – Christine Sixteen
T Rex – The Slider
Ocean Colour Scene – July
The Moaners – Everybody Wants My Baby
JJ Cale – Call Me The Breeze
Elkland – Apart
Incubus – Make A Move
Townes Van Zandt – Dead Flowers

AtlPackFan
05-16-2006, 12:45 PM
In no particular order...

1. Second Shift (www.secondshiftmusic.com) Hey, its my son's band...I have to promote.
2. Antigone Rising
3. Counting Crows
4. Beatles
5. Green Day
6. The Who
7. The Zombies
8. Dixie Chicks (Please...don't reply with conservative bashing...I don't agree with their politics but I love their music)
9. The Byrds
10. Steely Dan

AtlPackFan
05-16-2006, 12:49 PM
This thread is great, got some good new songs I never knew of, Thanks all.

Here is this weeks "mix tape" CD-

Pearl Jam – World Wide Suicide
Led Zeppelin – Long Black Wavy Hair(BBC recording)
Sweatmaster – Maggots
Neil Young – Time Fades Away
Rod Stewart and Faces – Angel
The Cribs – Martell
Hank Williams III – Crazed Country Rebel
Caesar’s Palace – Sort It Out
Primal Scream – Country Girl
Secret Machines – Road Leads Where It’s Led
Kiss – Christine Sixteen
T Rex – The Slider
Ocean Colour Scene – July
The Moaners – Everybody Wants My Baby
JJ Cale – Call Me The Breeze
Elkland – Apart
Incubus – Make A Move
Townes Van Zandt – Dead Flowers

IMO, Zepplin is the best Rock band of all time. Just ask Jack Black...they are the gods of rock! They just ain't on my Ipod right now...I had to take a break.

Little Whiskey
05-16-2006, 01:09 PM
see below

Little Whiskey
05-16-2006, 01:10 PM
In no particular order...

8. Dixie Chicks (Please...don't reply with conservative bashing...I don't agree with their politics but I love their music)

just put some toby keith on your playlist to even it out.

Badgepack
05-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey AtlPackFan, agree with you on Led Zep

How about specific song titles on your list of bands?

I'll check out your kids band one of these days, what kind of music?

AtlPackFan
05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey AtlPackFan, agree with you on Led Zep

How about specific song titles on your list of bands?

I'll check out your kids band one of these days, what kind of music?

Their music has been described as 60's rock on kerosene. :-) I call it alternative. They have gotten some pretty decent airplay in Atlanta and have been playing venues here in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charleston and (soon) Orlando. They are also doing a show in Chicago sometime in August. I'm just glad they aren't practing in our basement anymore.

Songs....
Second Shift - Bethany
Led Zepplin - Rock 'N Roll (though the first song my wife and I ever danced to was Stairway) but anything they do.
Antigone Rising - Waiting, Watching, Wishing
Counting Crows Mrs. Potter
Beatles - Come Together
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (I know, popish)
The Who - Baba O'Riley
The Zombies - She's Not There
Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces (released when my daughter was leaving for college "sniffle, sniffle")
The Byrds - All I Really Want to Do
Steely Dan - Just about anything...Love the 'Dan

Beatles -

Murphy37
05-17-2006, 02:58 PM
WOLFMOTHER-woman
Oingo Boingo- Who do you want to be today?
TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL TOOL
KORN KORN KORN KORN
DEF TONES DEF TONES DEF TONES DEF TONES
FUMANCHU
CULT
SUBLIME
TAP ROOT
CHEVELLE
THE WIGGLES

Sparkey
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
LOL

OK, Don't try to understand me, cause I am still working on it!!!

My TOP 10 (at the moment):

Gods of War - Del Leppard
Highway Man - Johnny Cash
Thru the Never - Metallica
That Smell - Lynard Skynrd
Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Killer Queen - Queen
Shoot To Thrill - AC/DC
Aqua Lung - Jethro Tull
Daughter - Pearl Jam

RashanGary
05-17-2006, 06:51 PM
8th Street Latinas

Wait, that's on my real player.

Badgepack
05-21-2006, 11:21 PM
This weeks mix tape;

Drive by Truckers – Aftermath USA
Flamin’ Groovies – Don’t You Lie To Me
King Bees – My Mistake
Nazareth – Carry Out Feelings
Novaks – I’ll Give You A Ring
AC/DC – Girls Got Rhythm
Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows(solo)
Boy Hits Car – As I Watch The Sun
A – Nothing
The Blue Van – I Want You
Muffs – Really, Really Happy
Suburbs – Heart Of Gold
James Gang – Woman
Sue Foley – Train To Memphis
The Redwalls – Colorful Revolution
Gram Parsons – Blue Eyes
Richard and Linda Thompson – See the Bright Lights Tonight
Leonard Cohen – Famous Blue Raincoat

Tyrone Bigguns
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
This week is all UK.

Pulp - Different Class
The Verve - Northern Soul
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Belle & Sebastian - Tigermilk
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Gomez - In Our Gun
Elbow - Cast of Thousands
ABC - The Look of Love
Reindeer Section - Y'All Get Scared Now, Ya Hear!
Mogwai - Rock Action
Mull Historical Society - Loss
Teenage Fanclub - Bandwagonesque