PDA

View Full Version : The Blest & The Rest

Radagast
08-09-2019, 04:09 PM
So far this year we have seen many players depart as well as the arrival of many too. We have said so long to Matthews, Daniels, Perry, Clinton-Dix, and more. At the same time we have also said hello to two players named Smith, a Sternburger, a Gary, and more. We've seen the return of Cole Madison and waved goodbye to Mr. Spriggs. Crosby may be close to being replaced as the Kicker and the new HC is nursing an achilles injury back to good health.

The point is with so many new players expected to start on both Offense and Defense this season, a true team picture will not reveal itself even in the first few weeks of the regular season. Many players are just getting used to playing alongside of a player that was not there last year. The blest will carry over from past season/s and enjoy better chemistry together. Players like Rodgers and Adams who have a history should find the going easier than Billy Turner and Bryan Bulaga.

The blest will fit into LaFleur's new offensive system while some will find themselves hoping to make it with any team that they can get on. The rest may find jobs in the new XFL or the CFL next year. The blest will make the 53 man roster and be paid. Even the League's minimum salary is quite handsome compared to a Plumber or even most Airline Pilots. The rest will go back to more normal jobs and perhaps try again next year to impress enough to land on a roster.

Many on the Packers TC roster are just fodder who will get sacrificed to push the more blest players into working harder. Not that some have never gone from 0 to hero, but they are rare birds. Also those that are perpetually injured can expect less empathy with this new regime.

Finally, the last to squeak onto the final 53 man roster will do so with Special Teams play. We may never know who the final 53rd player is, but he most likely will be a LB, CB, Safety, or RB that has both good speed and can block/tackle. We will know who gets cut, but they don't reveal who the man on the bubble was.

Looking at a team roster or depth chart who do you see as blessed and who do you see departing GB perhaps forever? Who is your 53rd man?

:pack:

mraynrand
08-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Start with this:

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
The Early 53

(2) Rodgers Boyle

(3) Jones Williams Williams

(1) Vitale

(4) Graham Lewis Tonyan Sternberger

(5) Adams MVS Allison EQ Davis

(9) Bakh Bulaga Light De Beer Taylor Turner Jenkins McCray Lindsley

(6) Clark Lowry Adams Lancaster keke Looney

(4) Gary Smith Smith Fackrell

(4) Martinez Crawford Bolton Summers

(7) Alexander King Williams Hollman Jackson Brown Sullivan

(4) Amos Savage Greene Redmond

(3) Crosby Scott Bradley

Boyle, De beer, Looney, Redmond and Sullivan eeked their way on tonight. I took Kumerow off but I know he has a real shot at making it.

mraynrand
08-09-2019, 04:28 PM
I put in bold the locks. add or subtract

I'd be shocked if they only keep 5 WRs unless they are super serious about running the ball, because then they need more TEs. Which might mean they keep 4 including Marcedes even though I think he's washed.

RashanGary
08-09-2019, 05:06 PM
I added a few more bold. Highly likely on top of the locks

(2) Rodgers Boyle

(3) Jones Williams Williams

(1) Vitale

(4) Graham Lewis Tonyan Sternberger

(5) Adams MVS Allison EQ Davis

(9) Bakh Bulaga Light De Beer Taylor Turner Jenkins McCray Lindsley

(6) Clark Lowry Adams Lancaster keke Looney

(4) Gary Smith Smith Fackrell

(4) Martinez Crawford Bolton Summers

(7) Alexander King Williams Hollman Jackson Brown Sullivan

(4) Amos Savage Greene Redmond

(3) Crosby Scott Bradley

Boyle, De beer, Looney, Redmond and Sullivan eeked their way on tonight. I took Kumerow off but I know he has a real shot at making it.

RashanGary
08-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Guys I left off but have a good shot
Kizer
Kumerow
J’mon Moore
Lucas Patrick
Cole Madison
Fadol Brown
Burkes
Josh Jones
Ficken

Radagast
08-09-2019, 05:23 PM
It's fine to post who we believe will fill the 2019 Packers 53 man roster, but most of us already pretty much already know who 51 or 52 of them will be. The 53rd man, much like the last man picked in the NFL drafts, is the lucky man. The last fellow to make the 53 man roster. That name of course will never be revealed to the public or perhaps not even to the player himself.

Allowing personal bias to color an opinion of a player is to be expected. However it is frequently wrong and sometimes some crow is eaten. I don't see 7 CBs and only 5 WRs. 6 of each would seem more logical. Only 3 RBs, but 6 NTs? It's a good thing that some are not football coaches as the Wing T formation would be utilized.

The 53rd man? None can say with 100% certainty, but whoever it will be deserves to be identified for his self discipline, hard work, and a bit of good luck.

texaspackerbacker
08-09-2019, 06:19 PM
It seems like the Packers blur the line between Corners and Safetys. Looking at the ESPN 90 man roster, I only saw about 3 Safetys worth keeping (I'm not including Josh Jones who still could snap back, but I doubt it). On the other hand, there were a bunch of Corners who did well last night, some of whom seemed to be lined up like Safetys more often than not.

Offensive Line is the hardest for outsiders like us to project - partly because it's hard to see who is doing well and who ain't on virtually every play, and partly because we have a sea of mediocrity at that position.

My early prediction for a 53 man roster is as follows:

2 QBs: Rodgers and Boyle (Kizer traded or cut, Wilkins to the P.S.)

4 RBs: A. Jones, J. Williams, D. Williams, Vitale

7 WRs: D. Adams, Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown, Allison, Kumerow, Davis, Lazard (Moore cut, Shepherd P.S.)

3 TEs: Graham, Tonyan, Sternburger (It wouldn't surprise me or bother me if Lewis is cut)

9 O Lineman: Bakhtiari, Linsley, Taylor, Bulaga, Turner, Jenkins, Patrick, plus 2 - I don't think they are ready to give up on Madison even though he looked awful in that game; Light is the flavor of the week; deBeer came out of nowhereand could fall back just as easily; McCray is kinda the old reliable now.

5 D Lineman: Clark, Lowery, M. Adams, Keke, Looney (I don't like Lancaster, although they may see things differently hahahaha.)

4 ILBs: Martinez, Summers, Bolton, Crawford (Burks is still a possibility if not on IR; Crawford looked awful from scrimmage - he could be gone if others step up on kick coverage)

5 OLBs: Z. Smith, P. Smith, Fackrell, Gary, Randy Ramsay - my top long shot pick instead of Gilbert

7 Corners: Alexander, Jackson, King, T. Williams, Brown, Hollman, Sullivan

4 Safetys: Amos, Savage, Greene, Ibrahim

3 Spec. Teamers: Crosby, Scott, Bradley

All of this, of course, is influenced greatly by injuries, and there's a remote chance we pick up somebody else worth keeping.

RashanGary
08-09-2019, 07:14 PM
It's fine to post who we believe will fill the 2019 Packers 53 man roster, but most of us already pretty much already know who 51 or 52 of them will be. The 53rd man, much like the last man picked in the NFL drafts, is the lucky man. The last fellow to make the 53 man roster. That name of course will never be revealed to the public or perhaps not even to the player himself.

Allowing personal bias to color an opinion of a player is to be expected. However it is frequently wrong and sometimes some crow is eaten. I don't see 7 CBs and only 5 WRs. 6 of each would seem more logical. Only 3 RBs, but 6 NTs? It's a good thing that some are not football coaches as the Wing T formation would be utilized.

The 53rd man? None can say with 100% certainty, but whoever it will be deserves to be identified for his self discipline, hard work, and a bit of good luck.

If you can pick 52 of the 53 I’ll be shocked. And there are two NTs not 3 in my list. And Clark isn’t just a NT. He can do anything.

Radagast
08-09-2019, 08:45 PM
"(6) Clark Lowry Adams Lancaster keke Looney"

What no commas?

You couldn't have listed (2) Nose Tackles and (4) Defensive Ends?

It would kill you to type a few extra characters to ensure better clarity. In addition, GB's last few roster selections are weeks away and could be influenced by injury, a possible trade, or some unforeseen event. Also with an overabundance of WRs, RBs, LBs, and CBs, that is where I see the final player being selected from. That player will make the team mostly based upon their STs play.

Last, you can shock yourself, just unfold a paper clip and find an electrical outlet. You could film it for us and post it as a video.

:-)

mraynrand
08-09-2019, 11:04 PM
The last fellow to make the 53 man roster. That name of course will never be revealed to the public or perhaps not even to the player himself.

nor to the team itself. They don't think in these terms.

mraynrand
08-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Last, you can shock yourself, just unfold a paper clip and find an electrical outlet. You could film it for us and post it as a video.

Maybe you could encourage suicide somewhere else

bobblehead
08-10-2019, 12:35 AM
Maybe you could encourage suicide somewhere else

Like his own living room?

Radagast
08-10-2019, 09:38 AM
nor to the team itself. They don't think in these terms.

Unless you have had the HC's office bugged, you could not possibly know what is said or takes place. You truly are as dumb as your new avatar.

Now go back to digging W.V. coal as that does not require a lot of brain power. Enjoy your road kill stew tonight.

mraynrand
08-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Unless you have had the HC's office bugged, you could not possibly know what is said or takes place. You truly are as dumb as your new avatar.

Actually, they do 'bug' them and actually show them on the telly. Programs like 'Hard Knocks' Or these GM guys get interviewed, etc. etc. Try again.

Now go back to digging W.V. coal as that does not require a lot of brain power. Enjoy your road kill stew tonight.

This seems kind of ... bigoted. Not surprising considering the source.

Joemailman
08-10-2019, 05:52 PM
The 53rd man will be Darrius Shepherd. He will either replace Trevor Davis or force the Packers to go with 7 WR's.

Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
Darrius Shepherd. Again. He’s the only natural slot on the team and just makes plays. Deep from Kizer on latest.

Matt Schneidman

@mattschneidman
Kizer hits Shepherd deep down the left side over Jamerson. Rodgers runs 30 yards downfield for a leaping shoulder bump with Shepherd.

pbmax
08-10-2019, 06:02 PM

I don't think this is our best self here.

Joemailman
08-10-2019, 06:05 PM
What's wrong with road kill stew?

mraynrand
08-10-2019, 06:30 PM
What's wrong with road kill stew?

It really depends on the critter and how long it’s been dead.

pbmax
08-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Wait, what is blest?

QBME
08-10-2019, 06:46 PM
It really depends on the critter and how long it’s been dead.

The cuter the critter, the sweeter the meat.
I really need to stop posting after cocktailing.

mraynrand
08-10-2019, 07:27 PM
The cuter the critter, the sweeter the meat.

Sure, but if you get a coyote, you can use the pelt for head gear at games in December

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F236x%2Fb7%2Fdd%2Fe8%2Fb7dde881c90 b14455d5f3a4b39e51a89--mountain-man-style-fox-hat.jpg&f=1