PDA

View Full Version : Taysom Hill: America's Most Overrated QB

pbmax
08-19-2019, 02:38 PM
He's at it again.

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1163294760821506049

@AP_NFL
Hill rallies Saints to 19-17 victory over Chargers.

by ⁦
@joereedy

Bretsky
08-19-2019, 08:51 PM
But would you take him over Kizer ?

He's overrated in here because our backups suck so bad

bobblehead
08-19-2019, 11:28 PM
He's at it again.

@AP_NFL

by ⁦
@joereedy

How many times do you have to succeed before your good and not over rated?

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 06:19 AM

Maybe if you start and look good in a season or two of regular season games?

I seem to remember some other QBs who were pretty amazing in preseason.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 08:43 AM

More than Matt Flynn I suspect.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 08:44 AM
But would you take him over Kizer ?

He's overrated in here because our backups suck so bad

True. But there is a reason Teddy Bridgewater was signed there and its not because they needed a 3rd string QB.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2019, 11:45 AM

I'd take Flynn today over Kizer.

bobblehead
08-20-2019, 12:16 PM
I'd take Flynn today over Kizer.

We should coax Favre out of retirement to hold the clipboard.

bobblehead
08-20-2019, 12:18 PM

Flynn tore up his elbow. Not exactly the same. Look, I'm not calling Hill the next big thing, just saying he is a solid backup. If people are saying he should be starting then yes, over rated. If people are saying he is a good back up...better than most, then no, not over rated.

bobblehead
08-20-2019, 12:18 PM
True. But there is a reason Teddy Bridgewater was signed there and its not because they needed a 3rd string QB.

Are you accusing the Saints of a diversity hire?? RACIST!!!!

texaspackerbacker
08-20-2019, 12:28 PM

Are you saying what I think you are saying? I doubt things have gotten quite that weird.

The Favre idea mentioned - jokingly I assume: well, if Rodgers goes down, undoubtedly the season is in the toilet no matter who is our QB, but even at near 50 or however old he is, I think we'd have a better chance with him getting off the tractor and coming in than with anybody else who we have or remotely might have.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Look, I'm not calling Hill the next big thing, just saying he is a solid backup. If people are saying he should be starting then yes, over rated. If people are saying he is a good back up...better than most, then no, not over rated.

This is silly. He has as many pass completions as receptions - 3. He has 37 rushing attempts. Right now, he's no more than a gadget. He could be solid, but that's total speculation or at least an educated guess. I'll be convinced that he's a solid backup when he has to start a game for an injured Brees (or any starting QB). But, like PBmax suggests, that might not happen, because even NO didn't want to see that.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Are you saying what I think you are saying? I doubt things have gotten quite that weird.

The Favre idea mentioned - jokingly I assume: well, if Rodgers goes down, undoubtedly the season is in the toilet no matter who is our QB, but even at near 50 or however old he is, I think we'd have a better chance with him getting off the tractor and coming in than with anybody else who we have or remotely might have.

I am saying Teddy Bridgewater is the unquestioned #2 QB in New Orleans and that means the Hill is a #3 QB. So the online Packer fan meltdown over another Taysom Hill performance over 3rd stringers and soon to be cut opponents is getting tiresome.

Maybe Kizer will never be a good backup, but Hill isn't the answer.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2019, 02:06 PM
I am saying Teddy Bridgewater is the unquestioned #2 QB in New Orleans and that means the Hill is a #3 QB. So the online Packer fan meltdown over another Taysom Hill performance over 3rd stringers and soon to be cut opponents is getting tiresome.

Hill would be better than Kizer. As would almost any back up in the NFL with some experience. Kizer is pure garbage.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Hill would be better than Kizer. As would almost any back up in the NFL with some experience. Kizer is pure garbage.

I don't think any of these claims have sufficient validation. Hell, Kizer's only thrown 42 passes for the Packers, Hill 7? for the Saints. So you could be totally right or totally wrong. I honestly don't really want to see either of them starting an NFL football game.

If the Packers need a backup to start more than a game or two, forget about it.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 03:29 PM
I don't think any of these claims have sufficient validation. Hell, Kizer's only thrown 42 passes for the Packers, Hill 7? for the Saints. So you could be totally right or totally wrong. I honestly don't really want to see either of them starting an NFL football game.

I honestly believe they have decided that they have spent enough money on the QB position with Rodgers and the most they will live with is a rookie or an exclusive rights FA.

texaspackerbacker
08-20-2019, 03:31 PM
I agree, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2019, 06:23 PM
I agree that if they need a back up for more than a few games they are screwed and it won't matter who it is. But I REALLY don't think Kizer is capable. Hopefully we will not have to find out.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 06:26 PM
I agree that if they need a back up for more than a few games they are screwed and it won't matter who it is. But I REALLY don't think Kizer is capable. Hopefully we will not have to find out.

Kizer might not be, but my point, as always, is that Hill is probably worse.

Teamcheez1
08-20-2019, 06:59 PM
The Taysom Hill Fan Club probably feels that our starting WR's should be Janis and Abbredaris.

Bretsky
08-20-2019, 07:26 PM
The Taysom Hill Fan Club probably feels that our starting WR's should be Janis and Abbredaris.

Frickin Badger Hater :)

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 09:26 PM

lol. Don’t forget Kumerow!

pbmax
08-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Frickin Badger Hater :)

I would take Alex Erickson in a heartbeat.

Bretsky
08-20-2019, 10:23 PM
I would take Alex Erickson in a heartbeat.

Abby was a much better player at the UW

pbmax
08-21-2019, 07:05 AM

But he left his unconcussed self there.

mraynrand
08-21-2019, 07:18 AM

He heats up; he can't cool down. Got me spinning round and round.

yetisnowman
08-21-2019, 08:03 AM
The bottom line is the dude was too talented to cut. That's why a team that's been better than the Packers lately, scooped him and utilized his talents. That's where the frustration is. 2nd string, third string, better option than Kizer, whatever. None of that matters. Him not making the 53 is an indictment on MM and the previous regime, period .

mraynrand
08-21-2019, 08:21 AM
The bottom line is the dude was too talented to cut. That's why a team that's been better than the Packers lately, scooped him and utilized his talents. That's where the frustration is. 2nd string, third string, better option than Kizer, whatever. None of that matters. Him not making the 53 is an indictment on MM and the previous regime, period .

I disagree. Mostly because the Packer's problem the past couple of seasons wasn't at the bottom of the roster and not having a physically talented 'gadget' guy hanging around. Their problem was a much deeper drop in talent all across the roster. That the Saints didn't see him as a competent #2 tells me that the Packers probably made the right call with him. They certainly didn't need a gadget man when they were signing guys like Eddie (not so) Pleasant right off the street to drop game sealing INTs. It's just not that critical. Debating about guys like this is what you do when the season is already a total loss, or you're so good that you know you can tinker around with players 51-53. Like getting lathered up about Travis Jervey's phenom speed in '96.

yetisnowman
08-21-2019, 05:00 PM
You disagree that he should have made the roster? Bridgewater may be the best backup in the NFL, so the Saints keeping him really isn't much of statement on Hill's talent. He may be a gadget guy in your eyes, but the dude is an athlete that makes plays. Great weapon on STs, around the goal line and in short yardage situations. He scored a couple TDs last year, that's better than a handful of the scrubs we have filling out the bottom of the roster on offense.

mraynrand
08-21-2019, 05:17 PM
You disagree that he should have made the roster?

I argue who cares, when they had larger problems. The point about NO isn't whether Teddy is the 'best backup' but that NO didn't want Hill as their backup. Neither do I.

pbmax
08-21-2019, 08:34 PM
You disagree that he should have made the roster? Bridgewater may be the best backup in the NFL, so the Saints keeping him really isn't much of statement on Hill's talent. He may be a gadget guy in your eyes, but the dude is an athlete that makes plays. Great weapon on STs, around the goal line and in short yardage situations. He scored a couple TDs last year, that's better than a handful of the scrubs we have filling out the bottom of the roster on offense.

If he makes such a good backup, why does NO spend the money on Bridgewater? Brees’ doesn’t get hurt.

Bretsky
08-21-2019, 08:39 PM
maybe they value a very good backup

Personally I'd take him over Kizer

I'd probably take Matt Flynn and Ty Detmer and Doug Flutie over Kizer right now as well

Zool
08-22-2019, 09:33 AM
If he makes such a good backup, why does NO spend the money on Bridgewater? Brees’ doesn’t get hurt.

2 gadget plays per game, and slightly above average special teams play?

pbmax
08-22-2019, 03:17 PM
2 gadget plays per game, and slightly above average special teams play?

Exactly. He is an emergency QB.

yetisnowman
08-22-2019, 03:34 PM

Because he's not a better backup than Bridgewater. I would argue he's better than Kizer, but even if he isn't he still should have got a spot. You started the thread, just voicing my opinion. The Saints have had better talent than Green Bay and they found a way to get impact plays out of their 3rd string QB. I'll take that over skill guys like Moore, Davis, etc.

mraynrand
08-22-2019, 03:37 PM
The Saints have had better talent than Green Bay and they found a way to get impact plays out of their 3rd string QB.

Perhaps they got the impact plays out of him because they had better talent than GB? When you have to cover their wideouts and RBs, a physically gifted guy like Hill can make plays (plus, you'd probs rather have him throw his body in there than Brees...).

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:23 PM
This is silly. He has as many pass completions as receptions - 3. He has 37 rushing attempts. Right now, he's no more than a gadget. He could be solid, but that's total speculation or at least an educated guess. I'll be convinced that he's a solid backup when he has to start a game for an injured Brees (or any starting QB). But, like PBmax suggests, that might not happen, because even NO didn't want to see that.

Sounds like a good argument....also sounds like ARod when we traded Favre.

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:24 PM

But we cut Hill and traded decent resources for Kizer...and pay him more than Hill. Agree, lose the 30 mil QB and you're in trouble.

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:26 PM
I honestly believe they have decided that they have spent enough money on the QB position with Rodgers and the most they will live with is a rookie or an exclusive rights FA.

100% true. But again, Hill can play QB and also contributes in many ways. My only point is that we had a backup and we let him go to keep other crappy backups. I would feel every bit as confident with Hill as I would with Kizer or Boyle. I would of course not want Hill starting 12 games.

mraynrand
08-23-2019, 01:30 PM
But we cut Hill and traded decent resources for Kizer...and pay him more than Hill. Agree, lose the 30 mil QB and you're in trouble.

Ya, I don't think that's what was primarily going on - the Packers dumped 23 and got what they could for him. If the Saints don't want Hill as a backup, why would the Packers? Still, you make the point that the Packers liked Kizer more than Hill. Maybe cogitate on that.

mraynrand
08-23-2019, 01:31 PM
I would feel every bit as confident with Hill as I would with Kizer or Boyle.

We got that part. Packers and Saints seem to disagree with you. Maybe you are right and they are wrong.

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:32 PM

Probably. Nice word. Again, we didn't trade a starting safety for Hill....we cut him. Hill has a blocked kick and a ton of valuable snaps contributed to the Saints offense. To point out he is likely not the backup because the Saints have chosen to pay a former Pro Bowl QB to be the backup means absolutely nothing. If you ranked the 32 NFL backups Bridewater is probably #1. Hill is likely #12-18 when you factor in his contributions all over the field. I wish we had Hill instead of TO machine Kizer.

mraynrand
08-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Probably. Nice word. Again, we didn't trade a starting safety for Hill....we cut him. Hill has a blocked kick and a ton of valuable snaps contributed to the Saints offense. To point out he is likely not the backup because the Saints have chosen to pay a former Pro Bowl QB to be the backup means absolutely nothing. If you ranked the 32 NFL backups Bridewater is probably #1. Hill is likely #12-18 when you factor in his contributions all over the field. I wish we had Hill instead of TO machine Kizer.

Saints didn't want Hill as their backup QB

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:33 PM
We got that part. Packers and Saints seem to disagree with you. Maybe you are right and they are wrong.

No, the saints don't agree with me. They got the chance to get a former pro bowl QB for a nice deal and possibly have a future after Brees calls it quits and they signed him. They also haven't officially announced who the backup is at this point THIS season.

bobblehead
08-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Saints didn't want Hill as their backup QB

He has more snaps under center in recent history than Bridgewater.

mraynrand
08-23-2019, 01:37 PM
He has more snaps under center in recent history than Bridgewater.

so what?

mraynrand
08-23-2019, 01:38 PM
No, the saints don't agree with me. They got the chance to get a former pro bowl QB for a nice deal and possibly have a future after Brees calls it quits and they signed him. They also haven't officially announced who the backup is at this point THIS season.

So you think it will be Hill? If so, that would sort of kill the idea of Bridgewater being the best backup in the NFL, no?

pbmax
08-23-2019, 04:16 PM
100% true. But again, Hill can play QB and also contributes in many ways. My only point is that we had a backup and we let him go to keep other crappy backups. I would feel every bit as confident with Hill as I would with Kizer or Boyle. I would of course not want Hill starting 12 games.

They did. But two sets of pretty good coaches have concluded that Hill's best chance of helping the team is not as a #1 QB, not as a #2 QB, but as gadget guy.

Could he help at #3? Sure. But that is one less roster spot for Kevin King to be injured in.

bobblehead
08-24-2019, 12:46 AM
They did. But two sets of pretty good coaches have concluded that Hill's best chance of helping the team is not as a #1 QB, not as a #2 QB, but as gadget guy.

Could he help at #3? Sure. But that is one less roster spot for Kevin King to be injured in.

One of those 2 "good coaches" is a shitty coach. I think that will become more obvious this year and even more obvious if someone is dumb enough to give him the reigns again.

pbmax
08-24-2019, 07:25 AM
One of those 2 "good coaches" is a shitty coach. I think that will become more obvious this year and even more obvious if someone is dumb enough to give him the reigns again.

No, I don't think he is bad. His offense is worn out and needs some new blood. But he held the team together well and worked with very good people, especially on offense. He'll put another team back on its feet again. Problem is, he needs a QB. He really would have been OK for the Jets and Darnold.

pbmax
08-24-2019, 11:00 AM
Bill Huber
Preseason NFL passer rating leaders:
1. Hundley.
2. Boyle.
3. Taysom Hill

esoxx
08-24-2019, 11:44 PM
No, I don't think he is bad. His offense is worn out and needs some new blood. But he held the team together well and worked with very good people, especially on offense. He'll put another team back on its feet again. Problem is, he needs a QB. He really would have been OK for the Jets and Darnold.

This is damning with faint praise. He's five years past washed up. Some desperate team may offer him for name recognition (as rumors were this offseason AZ did). However, I don't think he's a coach again in the league and if he is, he'll be exposed rather quickly. We'll see.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 07:21 AM
This is damning with faint praise. He's five years past washed up. Some desperate team may offer him for name recognition (as rumors were this offseason AZ did). However, I don't think he's a coach again in the league and if he is, he'll be exposed rather quickly. We'll see.

It will be an intresting test. I have my doubts, but I am not sure he's not still better than half the coaches out there. Depends on how much he wants to chase success again. He could live pretty well in GB on his two big contracts.

bobblehead
08-25-2019, 10:34 AM

I think TT was a brilliant GM who had one bad draft and some bad injury luck (could that be due to a bad coach running a bad camp). MM won some games with some superior talent. If he were with the Jets he would be really happy that LeVeon Bell is a good pass blocker because that would be his main role.

bobblehead
08-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Bill Huber
1. Hundley.
2. Boyle.
3. Taysom Hill

I know you're point is that its preseason and it means nothing, but do you actually think you are proving a point that they suck BECAUSE they have been the best on field performers this preseason?

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 10:38 AM
I know you're point is that its preseason and it means nothing, but do you actually think you are proving a point that they suck BECAUSE they have been the best on field performers this preseason?

The point is that it doesn’t really tell you much.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 12:49 PM

Actually no point but for the fun of the names on the list.

Had I been making a point, it might have been:

1. Kizer hasn't quite been a catastrophe (though I don't trust him)
2. Boyle might be a step better (but he needs more than one game against the second stringers to prove it to me)
3. Hill does make plays though its always against the backups because no one seems to trust him
4. Passer rating is a terrible metric except that we have a rich dataset of it

Patler
08-25-2019, 01:09 PM
Bill Huber
1. Hundley.
2. Boyle.
3. Taysom Hill

I knew they should have kept Hundley!

pbmax
08-25-2019, 03:58 PM
I knew they should have kept Hundley!

Year too early again for the Pack.

Patler
08-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Year too early again for the Pack.

Hundley is putting in a decent preseason. Now he is 35/54/408, 2 TDs, 0 interceptions, 2 sacks.
I guess it just goes to show that even with significant preseason exposure, the numbers can be deceiving.
Or, maybe, Huntley is coming around as a backup.

Carolina_Packer
08-26-2019, 04:28 PM

If the Packers had backed the right horse, and could have swallowed their pride with Randall, and put him at what appears to be his more natural position of safety, perhaps they could have solved their own back up QB issue by identifying talent sooner (I was more on board with Hill than Callahan as the backup). I guess that decision with Randall would have somewhat hinged on whether they knew at that point they didn't want to keep HHCD. If they already knew they didn't going into 2018, then keeping Hill would have made trading for Kizer unnecessary. If they were still sour on Randall, perhaps they could have gotten something better for him than a backup QB.

pbmax
09-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Getting out of control again.

Patrick Daugherty @RotoPat
Someone just tweeted at me that Cam Newton is "nowhere near" the level of athlete that Taysom Hill is. Might be my cue to log off forever.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2019, 07:56 PM
If the Packers had backed the right horse, and could have swallowed their pride with Randall, and put him at what appears to be his more natural position of safety, perhaps they could have solved their own back up QB issue by identifying talent sooner (I was more on board with Hill than Callahan as the backup). I guess that decision with Randall would have somewhat hinged on whether they knew at that point they didn't want to keep HHCD. If they already knew they didn't going into 2018, then keeping Hill would have made trading for Kizer unnecessary. If they were still sour on Randall, perhaps they could have gotten something better for him than a backup QB.

everything you say here makes sense to me.

don't take it too hard

gbgary
09-11-2019, 07:31 PM
He's at it again.

@AP_NFL

by ⁦
@joereedy

who really rates him as a QB? he never comes up (that i remember) in any discussions about best #2's in the league. he's a third stringer...so he's rated correctly. now...as an nfl novelty, he's very interesting. he's a contributor. trick plays, odd formations, etc. a stacked team like n.o. can use a guy like him. a team trying to build itself up can't afford the luxury of him.

smuggler
09-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Getting out of control again.

Patrick Daugherty @RotoPat
Someone just tweeted at me that Cam Newton is "nowhere near" the level of athlete that Taysom Hill is. Might be my cue to log off forever.

Depends on your definition of athletic. Simply based on movement ability, Taysom Hill is superior to Cam. But if you factor in the size difference, Cam is more impressive (25 lbs heavier). Also, at this point in their careers, Cam is beaten up and not near his maximum numbers when he was drafted, while Hill is still fresh and can run full speed on the field.

pbmax
09-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Sean Payton, in a colossal mistake, puts in Bridgewater instead of Hill and loses to the Rams after Brees hurts his finger.

Joemailman
09-15-2019, 08:10 PM
Sean Payton, in a colossal mistake, puts in Bridgewater instead of Hill and loses to the Rams after Brees hurts his finger.

Guess the Dolphins aren't the only ones tanking games.

pbmax
09-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Guess the Dolphins aren't the only ones tanking games.

Brees going to see a hand specialist this week.

yetisnowman
09-15-2019, 08:28 PM

You sure are fixated on this narrative. Will you keep pretending like he didn't deserve a roster spot if he accounts for more TDS than Jimmy Graham this year?

pbmax
09-15-2019, 08:30 PM
You sure are fixated on this narrative. Will you keep pretending like he didn't deserve a roster spot if he accounts for more TDS than Jimmy Graham this year?

Where do you put the gimmick if you are still trying to figure out your offense. With Graham, always a chance he will (try to) block.

yetisnowman
09-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Short Yardage, Special Teams, Goalline. I'm not sure exactly what your point is. As if talented, versatile, athletes aren't valuable to a team with a new offense? You guys act like when he gets yards it's only on double passes or hidden ball tricks.

bobblehead
09-15-2019, 09:26 PM

Now you're coming around....

bobblehead
09-15-2019, 09:27 PM
Where do you put the gimmick if you are still trying to figure out your offense. With Graham, always a chance he will (try to) block.

Sigh...just when I thought you were catching on. Jimmy will NEVER block. He may try, but he won't do it with any effectiveness.

pbmax
09-15-2019, 09:43 PM
Short Yardage, Special Teams, Goalline. I'm not sure exactly what your point is. As if talented, versatile, athletes aren't valuable to a team with a new offense? You guys act like when he gets yards it's only on double passes or hidden ball tricks.

On this I am actually more ambivalent. Would I like a slash player? Sure.

But there are more needs on the team than they have spots. They needed to carry 8 WR last year just to have a chance to find three (didn't work).

But he still isn't a starting QB.

pbmax
09-15-2019, 09:44 PM
Sigh...just when I thought you were catching on. Jimmy will NEVER block. He may try, but he won't do it with any effectiveness.

He got on good one on the backside of a run.

mraynrand
09-15-2019, 11:41 PM

Someone needs to tell the coach.

bobblehead
09-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Someone needs to tell the coach.

McCarthy called M4 at the half. "WTF you doing using a receiving TE to block for? Jimmy catches screens, Mercedes blocks....don't confuse the defense"

Typical fat Mike...ending the sentence with a preposition!

yetisnowman
11-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Good ol "bottom of the roster"Taysom Hill with a punt block, 2 catches and a TD in the first 3 minutes of tonight's game.

pbmax
11-28-2019, 09:09 PM
Good ol "bottom of the roster"Taysom Hill with a punt block, 2 catches and a TD in the first 3 minutes of tonight's game.

Every blind squirrel finds a nut on Thanksgiving every so often.

yetisnowman
11-28-2019, 09:41 PM
Every blind squirrel finds a nut on Thanksgiving every so often.

Add a 30 yard rush TD to his totals. You guys are hilariously stubborn sometimes. It's ok to admit you were wrong.

ZachMN
11-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Add a 30 yard rush TD to his totals. You guys are hilariously stubborn sometimes. It's ok to admit you were wrong.

You will never get them to admit that- instead you'll get mathematical analysis which cannot account for the dynamism of human emotion and passion which can take over in game situations- like the beat down we got in SF.....but no worries I'm sure we will get some sort of spread sheet demonstrating our error in thinking.

Fritz
11-29-2019, 01:27 PM
I don't know. I'm reading people saying that yes, the guy is an athletic freak, that yes, he can make some great special teams plays and some interesting and effective trick plays - he's a handy guy to have around. But he's not a #1 quarterback. That's all people are saying.

Hell, he's a more athletic version of Jarod Bush or Jeff Janis - great guys to have, but odd fits for an offense or defense.

George Cumby
11-29-2019, 03:02 PM
I don't know. I'm reading people saying that yes, the guy is an athletic freak, that yes, he can make some great special teams plays and some interesting and effective trick plays - he's a handy guy to have around. But he's not a #1 quarterback. That's all people are saying.

Hell, he's a more athletic version of Jarod Bush or Jeff Janis - great guys to have, but odd fits for an offense or defense.

And in the hands of a creative mind like Sean Payton, he's going to shine on a teaser basis.

bobblehead
11-30-2019, 08:20 AM

Those same people also say Kapernick should get another chance as a starter for some of the same reasons.

bobblehead
11-30-2019, 08:21 AM
Some sane people say Hill should be our backup and Kapernick is a backup talent (as is tebow). Not mentioning names, but someone is consistent.

pbmax
11-30-2019, 10:10 AM
Kaepernick started the Super Bowl. Hill doesn’t start preseason games. Easy to get the two confused :D

Would like to have Hill on team but not as #2 QB.

Though as it turned out, he would probably be more effective than either Callahan, Hundley or Kizer.

Not against changing the offense for any quality backup QB. But I haven’t seen enough of him passing to hitch the wagon to him which is why I wouldn’t want to leave camp with him as #2.

pbmax
11-30-2019, 10:16 AM
But as we established, Packers haven’t done enough at the backup QB position.

texaspackerbacker
11-30-2019, 10:25 AM
You wouldn't take Boyle over any of the three you mentioned? Or over Hill either for that matter?

I was gonna say something about holding the clipboard, but I haven't seen a clipboard for a while. Anyway, for the use the Packers make of a back up, any of those guys would be good enough ...... and heaven forbid, if Rodgers did get hurt, we're screwed and the season is down the drain no matter who the back up is.

pbmax
11-30-2019, 10:43 AM
You wouldn't take Boyle over any of the three you mentioned? Or over Hill either for that matter?

I was gonna say something about holding the clipboard, but I haven't seen a clipboard for a while. Anyway, for the use the Packers make of a back up, any of those guys would be good enough ...... and heaven forbid, if Rodgers did get hurt, we're screwed and the season is down the drain no matter who the back up is.

Very unsure about Boyle. Good arm, no idea how he fares against starters. Don’t want to know until next pre season.

By showcasing Kizer as #2 in the preseason, really hindered coming to a conclusion about Boyle.

yetisnowman
01-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Hill with a 19 yard run and a 50 yd completion on the Saints only Td drive so far. Anyone of you stubborn goobers want to admit you were wrong about this guy?

pbmax
01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Hill with a 19 yard run and a 50 yd completion on the Saints only Td drive so far. Anyone of you stubborn goobers want to admit you were wrong about this guy?

Nope. Still not the #2 QB.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Ha! What about after the slash TD he just got?

QBME
01-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Just happy we don't have to deal with him next week.

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Shoulda had Hill covering Rudolph.

yetisnowman
01-05-2020, 03:39 PM

Strawman. You still won't admit he should have made the roster. It's laughable at this point.

Cleft Crusty
01-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Strawman. You still won't admit he should have made the roster. It's laughable at this point.

Looking back through the thread, it appears you are the one making straw man arguments. I think virtually everyone would agree they would have liked to have kept Hill on the roster, especially with 20/20 hindsight and imagining that the Packers would use him as the Saints have. As far as being the #2 QB two seasons ago, it appear no one wanted that, except you. There are other arguments floating around where you make decent points, but as far as making the case for Hill being #2 on the depth chart at QB, you don't have much to recommend you. No one wanted him as their #2 two season ago, which is why the Saints were able to sign him to special teams. He still has just 6 completions in 13 regular season attempts, and the Saints were uninterested in seeing him as their backup.

Now, next season is a whole new issue. Certainly a third year QB might have an opportunity to fight for the #2 spot, somewhere, even maybe with NO perhaps after a trade (either of Hill or Bridgewater to another team) but that's a completely different situation than a raw undrafted rookie FA being selected to back up Aaron Rodgers in August of 2017.

yetisnowman
01-05-2020, 04:34 PM
Whatever. My very first post in this thread started with, "Taysom Hill was too talented to cut period"
The title of this thread is that he is overrated. And it's meant to poke fun at the people that lamented his release. I made clear that I thought the frustration stemmed from seeing how much of an all around difference maker he was. Not whether he was the back up. You see posts of people being unwilling to say he deserved a roster spot. It's just silly and telling that we are talking about whether he would have been a better straight up #2 QB compared to irrelevant players like Kizer and Boyle. All the while he was another NFC playoff team's best performer today.

All I'm saying is my frustration is warranted.

Cleft Crusty
01-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Whatever. My very first post in this thread started with, "Taysom Hill was too talented to cut period"
The title of this thread is that he is overrated. And it's meant to poke fun at the people that lamented his release. I made clear that I thought the frustration stemmed from seeing how much of an all around difference maker he was. Not whether he was the back up. You see pages of people being unwilling to say he deserved a roster spot. It's just silly and telling that we are talking about whether he would have been a better straight up #2 QB compared to irrelevant players like Kizer and Boyle. All the while he was another NFC playoff team's best performer today.

All I'm saying is my frustration is warranted.

As I said, you make compelling arguments for keeping him, but not in 2017 as second in QB depth. And the thread title is about overrated as QB, not as all-around physical swiss knife gadget man - in that role he has done very well.

Bretsky
01-05-2020, 09:27 PM

But is he our best TE ? :).....J/K....kind of

He made more plays today than Jimmy has all seson............and does he throw a better deep ball than Rodgers ?

Sincerely
The Potstirrer

Bretsky
01-05-2020, 09:29 PM

Very True; he would have intercepted it :)))

smuggler
01-05-2020, 10:18 PM
Saints looked a lot better with Hill on the field. Even when he was under center.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2020, 10:43 PM
I normally don't dabble in this shit. I think this is the first time. But what a fuck up letting this guy walk. He is a true utility player. A better Joe Krabbenhoft if you will. Great NFL glue guy.

Joemailman
01-05-2020, 11:00 PM
I normally don't dabble in this shit. I think this is the first time. But what a fuck up letting this guy walk. He is a true utility player. A better Joe Krabbenhoft if you will. Great NFL glue guy.

I don't think the intention was to let the guy walk. I think TT made the judgment that other teams wouldn't be interested in a 27 year old injury prone undrafted rookie QB. 99 times out of a 100 he would be right. On this one he was wrong.

bobblehead
01-05-2020, 11:15 PM

Now that made me laugh.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2020, 11:52 PM
I don't think the intention was to let the guy walk. I think TT made the judgment that other teams wouldn't be interested in a 27 year old injury prone undrafted rookie QB. 99 times out of a 100 he would be right. On this one he was wrong.

Wow I had no idea he was 27!! Crazy. What the heck was he doing the past 5 years? It pains me to think we kept on the old backup whose name escapes me (the dude that started when ARod was hurt in 2017 and was really bad) instead of Hill. Hill could be a major weapon on our offense this year.

smuggler
01-06-2020, 12:03 AM
He went to BYU, so I'll go out on a limb and say he was doing volunteer work overseas.

Bretsky
01-06-2020, 12:45 AM

In summary...as was noted.....it was a f'ck up

pbmax
01-06-2020, 08:18 AM
In summary...as was noted.....it was a f'ck up

You must be fun at work parties.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Hill's age wasn't a factor, IMO. Teams feast off of rookie contracts, don't care that much if players move on in a few years.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2020, 05:36 PM
I didn't think letting him go as much of a mistake at the time. Hindsight, as they say, is 2020. I'm leaning toward the idea that Hill just blundered into a situation where he could excel. Probably he wouldn't have gotten nearly the same opportunities in Green Bay or most other places he could have ended up.

pbmax
01-06-2020, 05:47 PM
I didn't think letting him go as much of a mistake at the time. Hindsight, as they say, is 2020. I'm leaning toward the idea that Hill just blundered into a situation where he could excel. Probably he wouldn't have gotten nearly the same opportunities in Green Bay or most other places he could have ended up.

At the time it made sense as they thought they couldn't afford a 3rd QB unless he was on the PS. But he did not make it.

So he would have had to be the #2 QB or a plan to use him elsewhere. Don't think anyone was prepared for that. Given Saints credit for creating a spot.

As it turns out, the developmental spot behind Rodgers at #2 was wasted on the next three guys (Hundley, Kizer and I think Callahan came back?).

So it would not have been a loss to keep him as the #2 QB.

Bretsky
01-06-2020, 08:43 PM
You must be fun at work parties.

I am the entertainment

RashanGary
01-06-2020, 09:27 PM
I am the entertainment

:lol:

Yes! You are!!! A great person to have drinks with!

MadtownPacker
01-06-2020, 10:18 PM
:lol:

Yes! You are!!! A great person to have drinks with!He is really much better at eating caramel covered stuff.

RashanGary
01-06-2020, 11:35 PM
He is really much better at eating caramel covered stuff.

Life is good!!!

Bretsky
01-07-2020, 10:12 PM
LOVE the Caramel !! When in round 2 ?

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2020, 10:34 PM
I'm in.

bobblehead
01-09-2020, 10:45 PM
At the time it made sense as they thought they couldn't afford a 3rd QB unless he was on the PS. But he did not make it.

So he would have had to be the #2 QB or a plan to use him elsewhere. Don't think anyone was prepared for that. Given Saints credit for creating a spot.

As it turns out, the developmental spot behind Rodgers at #2 was wasted on the next three guys (Hundley, Kizer and I think Callahan came back?).

So it would not have been a loss to keep him as the #2 QB.

Not a bad summary, but I think you missed #4 wasted development. I love me some Tim Boyle, but he ain't never gonna be the man (God I hope that comes back to make me look dumb).

pbmax
01-10-2020, 07:54 AM
Not a bad summary, but I think you missed #4 wasted development. I love me some Tim Boyle, but he ain't never gonna be the man (God I hope that comes back to make me look dumb).

Agree.

Deputy Nutz
01-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Wow I had no idea he was 27!! Crazy. What the heck was he doing the past 5 years? It pains me to think we kept on the old backup whose name escapes me (the dude that started when ARod was hurt in 2017 and was really bad) instead of Hill. Hill could be a major weapon on our offense this year.

He went on a mission as typical of Mormons, and then he had his knee reconstructed twice in college and got a 6th year of eligibility. He was a super senior three times over.

Fritz
01-10-2020, 11:08 AM
He went on a mission as typical of Mormons, and then he had his knee reconstructed twice in college and got a 6th year of eligibility. He was a super senior three times over.

Right up there with Cleft Crusty.

run pMc
01-11-2020, 12:02 PM
I think he's an RFA, maybe Gute should offer him a contract? :P GB gives up nothing if NO doesn't match...

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2020, 12:13 PM
He might be an upgrade from Vitale at fullback as well as the Swiss Army Knife thing.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Frankenquarter.

Nah, that doesn't work.

Bretsky
01-30-2020, 10:42 AM
DA LEGEND IS COMING BACK

Bretsky
01-30-2020, 10:43 AM
Jay Glazer has reported that the NO Saints consider Taysom Hill to be a Franchise QB and form the interview I just listed to with Sean Payton is sounds likely they consider him the heir apparent

Bretsky
01-30-2020, 10:49 AM
IT was interesting to listen to the story....how cuts go from like 90 to 52 in one day and teams have 24 hours to put in a claim. They had targeted one player they wanted but then when Hill became available everything flipped. Sean Payton met with the Saints GM and reviewed every play Taysom Hill participated in and they made him their top priority claim. Apparently they were 11th in line

When Hill got there they were surprised at the whole package Hill brought...noted he's really fast and has the ability to play multiple positions at a high level.

Also, Brees, Hill, and Bridgewater are all free agents this year. Sean Payton said he thinks they are a replacement in house but it was not realistic to bring back all three and they are hoping Brees chooses to come back. It really sounded like they were at peace with letting Teddy go

Hill has been used all over the place in NO. He does very well on Special Teams, plays some occasioanl TE and WR, and QB as well.

OUR QUESTION MAY BE MORE COMPLEX; this guy looks like a jack of many trades.

Would Taysom Hill be out #2 QB ?

Would Taysom Hill be our best TE ?

Would Taysom Hill be out top ILB ?

OK, so the last two questions are kind of funny.....well at least the last one. But truth be told, he might be our backup QB if he were still here.

bobblehead
01-30-2020, 10:52 AM
IT was interesting to listen to the story....how cuts go from like 90 to 52 in one day and teams have 24 hours to put in a claim. They had targeted one player they wanted but then when Hill became available everything flipped. Sean Payton met with the Saints GM and reviewed every play Taysom Hill participated in and they made him their top priority claim. Apparently they were 11th in line

When Hill got there they were surprised at the whole package Hill brought...noted he's really fast and has the ability to play multiple positions at a high level.

Also, Brees, Hill, and Bridgewater are all free agents this year. Sean Payton said he thinks they are a replacement in house but it was not realistic to bring back all three and they are hoping Brees chooses to come back. It really sounded like they were at peace with letting Teddy go

Hill has been used all over the place in NO. He does very well on Special Teams, plays some occasioanl TE and WR, and QB as well.

OUR QUESTION MAY BE MORE COMPLEX; this guy looks like a jack of many trades.

Would Taysom Hill be out #2 QB ?

Would Taysom Hill be our best TE ?

Would Taysom Hill be out top ILB ?

OK, so the last two questions are kind of funny.....well at least the last one. But truth be told, he might be our backup QB if he were still here.

Those two questions aren't a testament to Hill, they are an indictment on others.

Joemailman
01-30-2020, 10:58 AM
He would be the Packers #2 QB. And frankly, given his injury history in college, that might be the best position for him. His injury history is why he wasn't drafted. He's shown he can stay healthy playing a few plays a game. I think there's a question of whether he could stay healthy as a full time player.

pbmax
01-30-2020, 11:14 AM
This is never going to end.

Cheesehead Craig
01-30-2020, 11:35 AM
This is never going to end.

At this point, you should just change your name to Taysom Hill Rat

Joemailman
01-30-2020, 11:42 AM
Put a 4 on that jersey and I'd swear it's Favre.

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Flawlessrepublic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F08%2F835662836-green-bay-packers-v-washington-redskins.jpg.jpg&w=736&h=485&c=sc

run pMc
01-30-2020, 01:16 PM
"He's just running around like a kid out there, having fun like he's playing in the backyard!"

MadtownPacker
01-30-2020, 09:52 PM
As long as he doesn’t do eyerolls I don’t give a fuck.

Plus if the Pack is going to get destroyed at least try to make it entertaining.

yetisnowman
01-31-2020, 07:13 AM
Lol.
Thread has aged poorly.

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 11:06 AM
Lol.
Thread has aged poorly.

get back to us when he's named a starter.

Bretsky
01-31-2020, 05:27 PM

That is when the Tayson Hill: Future Hall of Famer thread starts ! :)))

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 05:36 PM
That is when the Tayson Hill: Future Hall of Famer thread starts ! :)))

lol. I will shocked if he's ever a long term starter, but I'd be pulling for him. There's no doubt but that he's fun to watch.

pbmax
02-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Don't hate the player.

Hate the over-raters.

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Don't hate the player.

Hate the over-raters.

I'm all out of hate.

pbmax
02-01-2020, 09:28 AM
I'm all out of hate.

I'm so lost without you ...

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Taysom Hill
@T_Hill4
Giveaway! Thanks to the
@IdahoPotato
Commission, I'm giving away an autographed football or jersey, and... wait for it... a 15lb bag of fresh potatoes to TWO lucky winners! To enter, click the link below. #IdahoPotatoes #WhoDat #Ad

https://woobox.com/2ihryz

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPfdoXaVUAAqV6I?format=jpg&name=medium

How can you not love this guy?

Bretsky
02-01-2020, 05:31 PM
I want it !!!

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I want it !!!

I entered the giveaway for a chance. Warning - I've received twenty potato emails in the first 4 hours.

George Cumby
02-01-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm so lost without you ...

I know you were right for believing so long.....

Bretsky
02-01-2020, 08:06 PM
I entered the giveaway for a chance. Warning - I've received twenty potato emails in the first 4 hours.

I HAVE ENTERED AS WELL

I have a Packer/Badger/Brewer Room.

The autographed Hill Jersey I win might have to go next to the Favre one

Teamcheez1
02-02-2020, 08:26 AM
I HAVE ENTERED AS WELL

I have a Packer/Badger/Brewer Room.

The autographed Hill Jersey I win might have to go next to the Favre one

The greatest 3rd string QB to ever play the game.

Zool
02-02-2020, 12:00 PM
I know you were right for believing so long.....

What am I without you?

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 12:10 PM
What am I without you?

I'm imagining these guys driving around in their firebirds (or chevettes?) after getting dumped by prom dates, crying their eyes out and singing to Air Supply.

yetisnowman
02-02-2020, 06:01 PM

You guys will still be in here somehow arguing the Packers letting him go was anything but a colossal blunder.

Bretsky
02-02-2020, 06:03 PM
my kids are entering for the signed jersey too; we'll probably win a bag of potatoes

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 06:16 PM
You guys will still be in here somehow arguing the Packers letting him go was anything but a colossal blunder.

not if he's a successful starter

pbmax
02-02-2020, 06:47 PM
I'm imagining these guys driving around in their firebirds (or chevettes?) after getting dumped by prom dates, crying their eyes out and singing to Air Supply.

Plymouth Horizon.

Yes, that sad.

pbmax
02-10-2020, 11:17 AM
Its gone national:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1226886047797252097

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
If you don't think Taysom Hill is a future star in the NFL, you haven't been paying close enough attention to him. He was the best player on the field for either team in the Saints-Vikings playoff game. The biggest question is can he stay healthy if used all the time?

Daniel @Daniel_Penrod11
Thielen had 7 catches for 129 yards and Dalvin had 94 rushing yards and 2 scores. Just go ahead and delete this nonsense.

9sak @9sak2
You think he’s better than drew brees and Dalvin cook? Or more valuable then Griff or Hunter. Lattimore ? Bro, your tales are laughable. Wtf

Victor Garrigan @VictorGarrigan
Taysom Hill, who turns 30 in August, has attempted 15 passes in his NFL career. He’s 7 of 15 for 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Michael Jordan McLaughlin @KarAccidentTown
He’s a 30 year old gadget player, I think it’s pretty unlikely he turns into a star QB

YG @YGBreezay
Ehem Ryan Tanehill... cough cough

ᕕ༼⌐■-■༽ᕗ @Ferd_Turgeson
Mike, Taysom Hill is 30

Micah @El_Mas_Micah
When was Steve Young’s first solid year in the NFL? How old was he?

Victor Garrigan @VictorGarrigan
Taysom Hill, who turns 30 in August, has attempted 15 passes in his NFL career. He’s 7 of 15 for 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Nate Tice @Nate_Tice
this tweet has more replies than Hill has career passing yards and more likes than he has career rushing yards

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQbOVmuVUAA9t_1?format=jpg&name=medium

pbmax
02-10-2020, 11:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQbOVmvVUAEFFiF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQbOVmsU0AAZPKy?format=jpg&name=medium

pbmax
02-10-2020, 11:21 AM
Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
I mean, the future better be...right now. He'll be 30 when the season starts.

George Cumby
02-10-2020, 11:22 AM

Suspiciously specific.

Zool
02-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Suspiciously specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlyspecific/

He was probably just lying alone with his head on the phone.

Bretsky
02-10-2020, 01:59 PM
Today I was watching NFL Live and they came up with a top QB's who could potentially switch teams.

Down the list...Philip Rivers...Tom Brady...Drew Brees....Dak Prescott.....Jamis Winston

AND THE the Legendary

TAYSOM HILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we just cut through all of this B.S. and Bring him back home !!!!!!!!!!!! I'll find the lyrics...........let's all sing it together..............I"M COMING HOME.....................

FREE TAYSOM HILL. Back to GB you come and he's following AROD as our next starting QB !!!

pbmax
02-10-2020, 02:07 PM
TAYSOM HILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we just cut through all of this B.S. and Bring him back home !!!!!!!!!!!! I'll find the lyrics...........let's all sing it together..............I"M COMING HOME.....................

Get your lighter out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmrh42foUsg

mraynrand
02-10-2020, 02:48 PM
This gets tedious. At least get the argument correct. No one disputes that Hill is the greatest all around athlete the NFL has seen since Jim Thorpe. What is in question is whether he has what it takes to be a starting QB.

Joemailman
02-10-2020, 02:52 PM
Get your lighter out.

Or John Denver

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
Green Bay Wisconsin, dairy farm mama
Take me home, country roads

pbmax
02-10-2020, 03:21 PM
This gets tedious. At least get the argument correct. No one disputes that Hill is the greatest all around athlete the NFL has seen since Jim Thorpe. What is in question is whether he has what it takes to be a starting QB.

Bo knows Mormon missions.

Bretsky
02-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Get your lighter out.

THE CANDLE IS WAVING IN THE KITCHEN AS I LISTEN

George Cumby
02-10-2020, 05:30 PM

45k posts to figure that out?

mraynrand
02-10-2020, 05:35 PM
45k posts to figure that out?

It took 44K to hit my stride.

George Cumby
02-10-2020, 05:45 PM
:-)

pbmax
02-10-2020, 10:54 PM
Prima Donna!

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL
Taysom Hill on future: "I want to play quarterback in this league, and if New Orleans don't view me that way, well then I have to leave."

http://nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101682/article/taysom-hill-aims-to-be-qb-would-leave-saints-to-do-so

mraynrand
02-10-2020, 11:06 PM
And take your locker with you!

bobblehead
02-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Prima Donna!

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL
Taysom Hill on future: "I want to play quarterback in this league, and if New Orleans don't view me that way, well then I have to leave."

http://nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101682/article/taysom-hill-aims-to-be-qb-would-leave-saints-to-do-so

I have been a huge defender against the THill hate, but he isn't likely to be a good starter...almost no on is until they are. Even Burrow is about 50/50 to be perfectly honest. What are there, about 20 effective starters at any given time? How many "can't miss" prospects flop.

That said, should some team give him a chance and a starter gets hurt, I like his odds better than about 20 of the backups in this league. If GB has a chance to bring in Mariotta or Hill, I want Hill.

I get that "its preseason", but guys have to perform there before they do in the regular season. Hill has done well. As well as any current backups. With his elite athleticism and todays standards should he prove an effective starter he could have 9-10 solid years.
How many QB starved teams wouldn't take that.

If I'm the Dolphins drafting Tua, or a Patriots team with ??s, I want him in camp. I can think of many teams in need of a QB, and the only thing really working against Hill getting a chance right now is that many of those teams draft high and will take a QB of the future that they want to see. I could see him in NE, breaking out, and us all cursing Hoody's existence.

pbmax
02-11-2020, 10:20 AM
As a backup, I get him. You change the offense and you let that maniac go nuts. What do you have to lose? Run your normal offense with Deshone Kizer? I ma not even sure the QB friendly Shanny-McVay-LaFleur offense helps you that much there.

But I wonder if he is looking for a commitment to play exclusively QB or a commitment to start? If the former, I'd be OK with him on the roster as #2.

Bretsky
02-11-2020, 10:24 AM
MY MATCH IS STILL LIT

YOU GOING TO JOIN ME PB ????????????

pbmax
02-11-2020, 10:25 AM
Its an exciting time to be alive:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
It is now 10:30 AM Eastern and I will begin an in-depth film study of every regular season pass attempt of Taysom Hill's career.

MikeTanier @MikeTanier
It is now 10:45 AM Eastern and I have concluded my in-depth film study of every regular season (and postseason!) pass attempt of Taysom Hill's career.

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
I feel confident in saying that Taysom Hill is a better passer and QB prospect than Johnny Hekker, Jarvis Landry, Jaylen Samuels and other players who throw most of their passes on Wildcat wrinkles or fake punts.

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
Taysom Hill needs a hop step and a windup like a right fielder throwing a guy out at third base for his deep throws, and his accuracy is best described as "eh, Michael Thomas will go get it."

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
I love the idea of Taysom Hill going to the #Ravens, #Cardinals or some Ravens impersonator as a Slash or emergency QB to contribute to the mayhem. As for "franchise QB," welp, all it takes is one coach who believes he has superpowers.

mraynrand
02-11-2020, 10:37 AM
I'd watch that old school offseason QB competition they used to have in Hawaii if they invited Taysome Hill and Derrick Henry to compete against 5 starters.

pbmax
02-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Bring back SuperStars!

run pMc
02-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Hill is a fun player and I like how Payton uses him as a gadget, but he's not an NFL starting QB. You could get away with him as a backup, but he's a 30 year old player with some injuries who has thrown less than 20 passes in a real NFL game.
Was it a mistake to release him? Sure, you could argue that. He can't play ILB or be the #2 WR next to Adams so it's not a mistake on the order of drafting Mandarich.

run pMc
02-11-2020, 12:18 PM
I'd watch that old school offseason QB competition they used to have in Hawaii if they invited Taysome Hill and Derrick Henry to compete against 5 starters.

I would have loved to see Rodgers do the precision passing drill they do at Pro Bowl weekend. Russell Wilson throws pretty good...would be interesting to see how Rodgers stacks up at 36.

mraynrand
02-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Bring back SuperStars!
Battle of the network stars!

Gabe Kaplan vs. Robert Conrad forever!

pbmax
02-11-2020, 03:18 PM

The swimming relay should have carried a TV-MA rating.

This and Charlie's Angels, good times.

run pMc
02-11-2020, 04:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWU9huMMco

I had forgotten about this. Gotta find that swimming relay next lol.

bobblehead
02-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Its an exciting time to be alive:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
It is now 10:30 AM Eastern and I will begin an in-depth film study of every regular season pass attempt of Taysom Hill's career.

MikeTanier @MikeTanier
It is now 10:45 AM Eastern and I have concluded my in-depth film study of every regular season (and postseason!) pass attempt of Taysom Hill's career.

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
I feel confident in saying that Taysom Hill is a better passer and QB prospect than Johnny Hekker, Jarvis Landry, Jaylen Samuels and other players who throw most of their passes on Wildcat wrinkles or fake punts.

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
Taysom Hill needs a hop step and a windup like a right fielder throwing a guy out at third base for his deep throws, and his accuracy is best described as "eh, Michael Thomas will go get it."

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
I love the idea of Taysom Hill going to the #Ravens, #Cardinals or some Ravens impersonator as a Slash or emergency QB to contribute to the mayhem. As for "franchise QB," welp, all it takes is one coach who believes he has superpowers.

Again, and let me be clear. This is the lazy argument. I can make it for EVERY guy who goes in the first 2 rounds this draft and I'll be right on 80% of them. That's not an argument for not giving a guy a legit chance to be the QB after he has shown it in the preseason. Mock his limited NFL pass attempts...same went for Jimmy G and Kapernick when they got their chance. Same went for Peyton Manning until he got his chance.

Again, no one is an effective NFL QB until they are given the opportunity. Its likely he doesn't become an effective NFL starter (Its likely the case in EVERY situation)...but then again, there were a bunch of GM's who made all the same arguments about Lamar Alexander going into that draft. Gadget player. Horrible fundamentals. How'd that one work out for the team that gave him a go?

mraynrand
02-11-2020, 10:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqWU9huMMco

I had forgotten about this. Gotta find that swimming relay next lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgrwDfowKk

O, and the dunk tank. Wasn't watching Buck Rodgers for the plot, I'll tell you that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_5my2VJ0jI

Cheesehead Craig
02-12-2020, 08:02 AM
That's an All-Star game event, the dunk tank! Have QBs try and dunk their head coaches. Rodgers would have hit that damn target everytime with M3 in there.

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 08:39 AM
That's an All-Star game event, the dunk tank! Have QBs try and dunk their head coaches. Rodgers would have hit that damn target everytime with M3 in there.

Nah, he would hold on to the baseball too long and try to hit another target much farther away.

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 08:50 AM
In five years, I will be over the Hill.

pbmax
02-12-2020, 11:09 AM
Again, and let me be clear. This is the lazy argument. I can make it for EVERY guy who goes in the first 2 rounds this draft and I'll be right on 80% of them. That's not an argument for not giving a guy a legit chance to be the QB after he has shown it in the preseason. Mock his limited NFL pass attempts...same went for Jimmy G and Kapernick when they got their chance. Same went for Peyton Manning until he got his chance.

Again, no one is an effective NFL QB until they are given the opportunity. Its likely he doesn't become an effective NFL starter (Its likely the case in EVERY situation)...but then again, there were a bunch of GM's who made all the same arguments about Lamar Alexander going into that draft. Gadget player. Horrible fundamentals. How'd that one work out for the team that gave him a go?

1. No team has made him their #2 QB.

2. He is 30.

3. JimmyG and CK got starts with their original teams after being relatively high draft picks.

People have lost their minds.

Now, could a team develop a custom made offense for Taysom? Sure. Is any team going to do it now that he is 30?

No.

Well, now I have talked myself into someone doing this until they can draft a QB. Makes more sense than Brett Hundley.

Still very unlikely to happen.

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 11:11 AM
People have lost their minds.

You can probably just keep reposting this, and it will likely always be true.

pbmax
02-12-2020, 11:13 AM
[videgrwDfowKk[/video]

O, and the dunk tank. Wasn't watching Buck Rodgers for the plot, I'll tell you that.

[vieo]

And then they made her blonde during a reboot. Terrible choice.

A choice that was more predictable and wooden headed than Gil Gerard.

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry, were you saying something about hair color?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/372637934103-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8h3wm7waA1rpsitco1_1280.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zXmGSHvne3A/UFnmp9MJUbI/AAAAAAAASyI/0gIDvJp5cR4/s400/buck6.jpg

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Notice how the backlighting almost transforms her to a blonde, and absolutely steals all her beauty and appeal:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a3/c8/60/a3c8604611eea489fc6c8438ea25e066--erin-gray-nerd-girls.jpg

pbmax
02-12-2020, 12:03 PM
I'm not saying blonde made her Quasimodo, but that I much prefer the brunette look.

That purple dress is the real mistake though.

mraynrand
02-12-2020, 12:05 PM
That purple dress is the real mistake though.

No, the mistake was giving too much screen time to the inappropriate side-kick robot.

https://georgesjournal.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/erin_gray_buck_rogers_being_eyed_up_by_twiki.jpg

pbmax
02-12-2020, 03:08 PM
As bad as Scrappy Doo and Cousin Oliver.

George Cumby
02-13-2020, 10:30 AM
No, the mistake was giving too much screen time to the inappropriate side-kick robot.

https://georgesjournal.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/erin_gray_buck_rogers_being_eyed_up_by_twiki.jpg

10 year old me is sporting a chubby.

Come to think of it, 50 year old me is sporting a chubby.

And not for the stupid robot, you pervs.

She was tops on my list.

George Cumby
02-13-2020, 10:49 AM
Here ya' go:

https://archive.org/details/BuckRogers_201504

mraynrand
02-13-2020, 10:55 AM
10 year old me is sporting a chubby.

Come to think of it, 50 year old me is sporting a chubby.

She was tops on my list.

True story. Third date with wife, I meet her at her high impact aerobics class that she's teaching. She's wearing light blue spandex, a spitting image of Erin Gray (she's brunette, pbmax :) ). Heart skips a beat. Never looked back. Happy Valentine's day, you poor shlubs! :) ;)

George Cumby
02-13-2020, 11:28 AM
And your Avatar now makes sense to me.

Also true story. Reviewing Erin Gray's body of work this morning, I now know why my wife had me dead to rights on date #1. Same features, strong jaw-line, high cheek bones. Same body type: long limbed, small bust, wife does more back squats though and has the hips, glutei and quads for it.

I was like a duckling imprinting and wasn't even aware of it.

call_me_ishmael
02-13-2020, 12:57 PM
True story. Third date with wife, I meet her at her high impact aerobics class that she's teaching. She's wearing light blue spandex, a spitting image of Erin Gray (she's brunette, pbmax :) ). Heart skips a beat. Never looked back. Happy Valentine's day, you poor shlubs! :) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4

mraynrand
02-13-2020, 01:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4

lolz. not exactly, but close. I didn't attend the class. :)

mraynrand
02-13-2020, 01:02 PM
And your Avatar now makes sense to me.

Also true story. Reviewing Erin Gray's body of work this morning, I now know why my wife had me dead to rights on date #1. Same features, strong jaw-line, high cheek bones. Same body type: long limbed, small bust, wife does more back squats though and has the hips, glutei and quads for it.

I was like a duckling imprinting and wasn't even aware of it.

I'd still bet dimes to dollars neither of our wives voices match Gray's.

pbmax
02-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Here ya' go:

https://archive.org/details/BuckRogers_201504

I apparently had forgotten Henry Silva, Patricia Henley and most of that episode. I am NOT going back to clear up the confusion.

Erin Gray or no.

pbmax
02-13-2020, 04:31 PM
She's wearing light blue spandex, a spitting image of Erin Gray (she's brunette, pbmax :) ). Heart skips a beat. Never looked back.

:tup:

Everyone else wants to be blonde.

Would you have stuck out the date if she looked this?

https://imgc.artprintimages.com/img/print/jamie-lee-curtis-perfect-1985_u-l-pjt0pw0.jpg?h=900&p=0&w=900

George Cumby
02-13-2020, 08:02 PM
I'd still bet dimes to dollars neither of our wives voices match Gray's.

Me either.

bobblehead
03-15-2020, 09:57 AM
I'm lost. Did Taysom Hill marry Erin Grey? In any event, I can't believe no one has posted that the Saints have #1 tendered Hill and are about to let Bridgewater walk.

Yes, I can make all the arguments too. Bridgewater is going to get a contract and shot to start somewhere. Brees is coming back. But it does tell me one thing. they are either drafting a QB high, or they think Hill can start when Brees hangs 'em up.

mraynrand
03-15-2020, 11:46 AM
I'm lost. Did Taysom Hill marry Erin Grey?

Ew

they are either drafting a QB high, or they think Hill can start when Brees hangs 'em up.

I would love to see Hill starting, but I was hoping it would be for Stubby at Dallas. Oh well, as the song says, you can't always get what you want...

smuggler
03-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Oh well, as the song says, you can't always get what you want...

Unless what you want is a better song, then just flip the dial.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 06:42 AM

😀. So true.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:30 AM
One of our DJs is missing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5kMNxd5QF4

George Cumby
03-16-2020, 12:46 PM

The dial?

Zool
03-16-2020, 01:13 PM
The dial?

My kid asked why we call it "hanging up the phone"

Bretsky
03-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Taysom Hill, or Mitch Tribitzky ??

MadtownPacker
03-16-2020, 10:12 PM
Whichever is more redneck.

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Taysom Hill is a Mormon. Don't think there's a lot of redneck Mormons.

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 09:06 AM
The dial?

https://darkskydiary.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/442px-sundial_2r.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
03-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Redneck Mormons are rare, but redneck Jews are even rarer. Extreme Mormons practicing polygamy tend to act redneckish. I've never met a gun-toting, NASCAR-watching, F150-driving, Confederate flag-waving Jew.

Tru is a Jew.

smuggler
03-17-2020, 03:54 PM
The dial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb98DNUPs4o

George Cumby
03-17-2020, 05:53 PM

Spend any time in Utah? The Venn diagram of Mormons and Rednecks may have more overlap than you think.

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2020, 06:08 PM
For once in your life, you are correct, although I suspect you have an unhealthy disrespect for both of those excellent groups.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Taysom Hill is a Mormon. Don't think there's a lot of redneck Mormons.Ride big truck? Check cousins? Check. Own hella guns? Check.

So what was the difference again?

bobblehead
03-18-2020, 03:03 AM
Ride big truck? Check cousins? Check. Own hella guns? Check.

So what was the difference again?

perception

George Cumby
03-18-2020, 10:10 AM
As is generally the rule, you are correct, although I suspect you have a healthy wariness but appreciation of the good qualities for both of those groups.

FTFY

pbmax
04-26-2020, 01:35 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Compensation update: Taysom Hill’s two-year extension with the Saints is worth $21 million, including $16 million fully guaranteed at signing, plus $1 million more in performance incentives, per source. So it really is a one-year, $16.3M extension.

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 01:41 PM
DAMMIT

Had we kept Taysom Hill we wouldn't have needed the Loveman yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:29 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Compensation update: Taysom Hill’s two-year extension with the Saints is worth $21 million, including $16 million fully guaranteed at signing, plus $1 million more in performance incentives, per source. So it really is a one-year, $16.3M extension.

Pb, come back. Defend your blasphemy of the legend that Taysom is about to become!!!

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:31 PM

Kizer is out of the league, Hill is STARTING. Come back!!!

C'mon Pb. I'll play nice. Even clown shoes comes back time after time of being proven wrong. Don't tell me he has more fortitude than you do!

Joemailman
11-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Hill 9-13, 127 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

smuggler
11-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Hill doesn't look bad, but the Falcons defense is historically shitty. Hard to judge.

bobblehead
11-23-2020, 12:41 PM
18-23 for 233 yards. Ran for 51 and 2 TD's

Dare I say very Lamar Jackson like?