View Full Version : Guys you expect big years from

RashanGary
08-19-2019, 06:59 PM
AR obviously
Aaron Jones
Davante
MVS - From practices I saw, I believe he’s an absolute beast with his speed
Jimmy Graham - Smart. Big. Fast. AR loves him. Nuff said
The whole OL and our 6th 7th are the best we’ve had in years.
Bobby Tonyan - i was slow to warm up to him, but he’s a solid dude
Allison - great in the slot

Alexander/king - beasts
Hollman/Brown - good backups
Williams - excellent slot fit
Amos/Savage - nice fit next to each other. Savage benefits from experience all around him in Pettibes scheme

Martinez - taken a big step
Raven Greene - gonna be hybrid dude and solid

Clark/Adams/Lowry/Lancaster/keke young and they can all play
Smith/Smith/Fackrell solid OLBs
Gary - fresh legged pass rush demon. A killa

Scott - gonna have a beast year
Davis - big year
Crosby is Crosby but benefits from the experience with snapper and holder

Needless to say, I’m expecting playoffs and a possible Super Bowl victory. Im excited for the 2019 Packers!!!

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Rodgers obviously yes; A. Jones yes if he can stay healthy and not get misused by running it into the line (i.e. smashing into his O Linemen getting pushed back) too many times.

Davante, yes; MVS - agreed, he should break out; I am getting sold on Kumerow as a "you wonder how he does it" star in the making; Beyond that, I expect to see Rodgers spread it around; St. Brown is my choice to be the next best, but Allison, Lazard, and Shepherd or Davis - whoever makes the team - should also do well.

I'm not as optimistic about Jimmy Graham either to stay healthy or to play like he did in his glory years. Tonyan is still a big question mark.

All we accomplish on offense will be in spite of the our O Line, not because of it.

As for D, I like Kenny Clark, but not as much as some people seem to. Lowry, Lancaster, and Keke didn't look very stout, and M. Adams looked green and confused.

The big break out I expect is in the pass rush - the two Smiths, Gary, and yes, Fackrell. One thing about Gary in his supposedly under-achieving college career was that he seemed to make the rest of the D around him better. At very least, I expect that from him.

Martinez has already taken a big step. I expect more slow steady progress this year.

Alexander indeed should be a beast if he stays healthy. King I am a lot less optimistic about. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Josh Jackson gradually takes Tramon's place and excels in slot coverage.

Hopefully Amos is as good as advertized, and hopefully Savage lives up to the great expectations. Honestly, though, I haven't seen it so far in the preseason. Raven Greene has looked excellent, not just as a hybrid, but also as a conventional Safety.

It should be a Great Season!

mraynrand
08-19-2019, 07:58 PM
I expect tragedy and disappointment. Therefore, I will be the only one with a chance of being happily surprised. Well, maybe along with Wist.

Rutnstrut
08-19-2019, 08:14 PM
It'll be a good season for Graham and Rodgers if they just stay relatively healthy. However I doubt that'll happen.

bobblehead
08-19-2019, 11:30 PM
I'm expecting a HUGE year from Tonyan...ok, just a solid year which would be huge. I think Jimmy G is done and Tonyan will be stealing a ton(yan) of snaps from him by week 4.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 07:26 AM
I'm expecting a HUGE year from Tonyan...ok, just a solid year which would be huge. I think Jimmy G is done and Tonyan will be stealing a ton(yan) of snaps from him by week 4.

This is one topic I’m in stark disagreement with the common fan perception and media perception. Graham is a borderline NFL HOF player and 32 years old. I watch him run at practice. He’s a beast. Woodson had his best NFL year at 35. Jimmy has one more big one in him.

Tonyan is looking like a quality player though. One more year of grooming and he should be ready to be a serviceable starter with potential to be good.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 07:31 AM
At practice, guys AR invests the most in, in order

Adams - just a look in the eye chemistry
Graham - AR spent more time working out intricacies with Graham than anyone else. AR is invested in him
MVS - almost the same as Graham. AR is invested
Allison - similar to Adams

No one else is close. Those are ARs guys. AR is maniacal about retail. It takes guys time to blend with him. That’s why the offense struggled last year. Graham was a first year AR player and two rookies. This is a different year. AR has his dudes this year. It’s gonna be a big year.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 07:40 AM
Breakout players

Nick Perry
Byron Bell
Davon House
Mo Wilkerson
Antonio Morrison
Jason Spriggs

Oh wait.... last year sucked.

ThunderDan
08-20-2019, 08:01 AM
AR is maniacal about retail.

He likes to shop????

pbmax
08-20-2019, 08:41 AM
At practice, guys AR invests the most in, in order

Adams - just a look in the eye chemistry
Graham - AR spent more time working out intricacies with Graham than anyone else. AR is invested in him
MVS - almost the same as Graham. AR is invested
Allison - similar to Adams

No one else is close. Those are ARs guys. AR is maniacal about retail. It takes guys time to blend with him. That’s why the offense struggled last year. Graham was a first year AR player and two rookies. This is a different year. AR has his dudes this year. It’s gonna be a big year.

Those are the starting receivers Justin. Where else is he spending more time?

pbmax
08-20-2019, 08:41 AM
He likes to shop????

He likes Kohl's cash.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 08:50 AM
He likes to shop????

Maybe for a "D" on Wheel of Fortune?

run pMc
08-20-2019, 09:53 AM
He likes to shop????

LOL I wondered the same thing.
After all, he did invest in the Bucks.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Nobody wants to get excited about the year, they just want to fuck with me about my rather funny typo. Fuck you guys I’m gonna take my balls and go home.

Ok, I’m back. why is everyone so excited to foresee all of the possible negative things that could happen and not get excited about the good things that could happen??

Upnorth
08-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Because we have been burnt by our love for 3 years in a row. We are building a floor of doubt to cushion the potential fall.

Radagast
08-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Ok, I’m back. why is everyone so excited to foresee all of the possible negative things that could happen and not get excited about the good things that could happen??

Those of us that have experienced life know that seldom if ever do things go the way we originally wanted it to go. It's not about negative, it's about reality. It's why such sayings like."an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." remains true.

If you want negative, then go listen to country music. I on the other hand am cautiously optimistic and refuse to "not" see areas of weakness. You can be damn sure that opposing teams are seeking out any weakness that they can take advantage of.

I see the Packer Defense playing better than last season, and as long as injuries permit, they should get progressively better as the season moves forward.

As for the Packer Offense, they will struggle through September and into the first part of October. Then before game 7 the offense will finally get comfortable with the new system and finish the season strong.

I see the Packers being Playoff ready as the Division Champs or as a Wildcard team. I don't see them as a dominant playoff team, but then luck, good and bad , has a way of getting involved in the process.

I see the Packers having a good season, but a SB winning season would surprise me.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Curtis Bolton is a rookie, but long term we might have found our guy next to Martinez. Pettine called him a “football player” and instinctive and applies what they’re doing to the field.

He’s smallish but instinctive and fast and explosive. Gotta think he’s gonna knock Burke’s out of his role next year at the latest.

run pMc
08-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Nobody wants to get excited about the year, they just want to fuck with me about my rather funny typo. Fuck you guys I’m gonna take my balls and go home.

LOL

Seriously...based on all reports it sounds like Z.Smith has been in the backfield a lot during camp, so I'm expecting him to give some opposing OLs fits. Who wouldn't love to see him get a 3 sack day against Cousins and the Vikes OL (besides Rastak)?
Davante Adams has been sharp.

I guess big years from some of the expected vets... as for the young players, I think Raven Greene and MVS make jumps. If he sticks maybe Trevor Davis, just in time to become a UFA and get a fat contract offer from ARI.

Cheesehead Craig
08-21-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm expecting a big year from Fritz. Just for the Gary conversation.

QBME
08-21-2019, 04:56 PM
Matt LaFleur.
Fingers crossed.

Radagast
08-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Justin, it's obvious that you are trying to generate some Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah, and that's OK.

The fact is that we have yet to see a clear picture of the 2019 Packers. The fragmented and incomplete puzzle that is just starting to be assembled appears to be getting sorted out. The Packer Defense needs to play more of the 1st team in the 3rd preseason game with the Raiders. The evaluation of talent , while still important, needs to transition to building better cohesive play with the starters looking forward to the start of the regular season.

Rodgers and the 1st team offense too need some real game time. Not that Rodgers needs the work, but his teammates need to get the game work with Rodgers. The WRs, TEs, and the RBs need the game time WITH Rodgers on the field. The timing and execution is not the same with a backup QB.

By now the Packers should already know most of the players they will cut. Unless they are borderline, don't play them anymore. Use them as practice players, but don't waste anymore valuable time on them. Get the 53 man roster players ready to play regular season football.

Last, no more wholesale substitutions on Special Teams. A player here or there for final evaluation, but it's time to get ready for the Chicago Bears and the regular season opener on Sept. 5th.. No more time to be nice, it's time to get serious.

:soap:

Bretsky
08-21-2019, 08:42 PM
I'm expecting a big year from Fritz. Just for the Gary conversation.

I'm expecting a huge year form the Fritzinator

And I expect a good year from the best OLB on Michigan last year..............Chase Winnovich............I HATED that guy !!!!!!