PDA

View Full Version : The THEME for this season.....

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
After listening to M3's press conference, I have figured it out.

It is:

A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

That is the theme for this year, and that is all we are going to hear from this point out.

"Our young guys got to play"
"You learn more form negative experiences than you do from positive ones"

etc, etc, etc.

So that's it, for better or worse, agree or disagree.

Ladies and gentlemen (and rats) I bring you the 2006 Green Bay Packers season - "A LEARNING EXPERIENCE"

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I suppose it could be worse...he could have just said we sucked and no one knows how to fix it...weren't we supposed to do the learning in OTA's and training camp? I thought we were ready for the Bears? Did he say what happened, 'cause I'm waiting for the video and haven't heard the audio yet.

vince
09-10-2006, 09:28 PM

It is:

A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

That is the theme for this year, and that is all we are going to hear from this point out.

etc, etc, etc.

Ladies and gentlemen (and rats) I bring you the 2006 Green Bay Packers season - "A LEARNING EXPERIENCE"
Sounds good to me. I'd prefer that the youngest team in the league learn from their experiences and gets better as opposed to not learn anything...

I'm pretty sure you figured out a long time ago that this team isn't going to the Super Bowl this year... We all did.

All in all, a brutal day. We all hoped this wouldn't happen, but it's not overly surprising - given the youth, inexperience, 1st game, against a super bowl contender, with one of the best D's in the league... etc, etc.

Hopefully, the team can learn as much as possible this year, and we fans can enjoy the ride, looking boldly toward the future...

When I type that, I can't help but realize that most fans are either unable or will refuse to look beyond what is today... Oh well...

Some of us will enjoy the process of getting back to the top. It's the learning and the growth that's the best part of the ride...

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Other than "learning", he basically said they wanted to get into manageable 3rd down situations (which they did) and that the problem was not converting on 3rd downs.

Also said they dont design plays for players to fumble or punts to be returned for TD's. I am really glad to hear that :evil:

He didnt really have much to say about the D other than he thought "The Safety" bit on play action for the TD pass in the first qtr.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Vince,

I have told anyone here in Vegas that asks me what I think the same thing over and over.

I expect the first half to be brutal, but this team SHOULD get better and better, maybe even surprising a few in the second half.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 10:32 PM

It is:

A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

etc, etc, etc.

Sounds good to me. I'd prefer that the youngest team in the league learn from their experiences and gets better as opposed to not learn anything...

I'm pretty sure you figured out a long time ago that this team isn't going to the Super Bowl this year... We all did.

All in all, a brutal day. We all hoped this wouldn't happen, but it's not overly surprising - given the youth, inexperience, 1st game, against a super bowl contender, with one of the best D's in the league... etc, etc.

Hopefully, the team can learn as much as possible this year, and we fans can enjoy the ride, looking boldly toward the future...

When I type that, I can't help but realize that most fans are either unable or will refuse to look beyond what is today... Oh well...

Some of us will enjoy the process of getting back to the top. It's the learning and the growth that's the best part of the ride...

Vince- and some people refuse to look at what's stairing them right in the face. This team is brutal and believing that experience is gonna fix it is fool-hardy at best. I saw a HUGE difference in the coaching schemes that other teams run and what we run. Then again I guess some of you need to see a few yrs of last seasons Niner offense in GB before you finally get it.

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 12:53 AM

It is:

A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

etc, etc, etc.

Thanks red for that.

but what in HELL would Vince Lombardi say, red?

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Lombardi would put them on the field and run the sweep, all day every day all week. Except when they were watching film of how they did it wrong the previous game and calling guys out.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I just don't want to hear "We'll get this corrected" or "We've got to get this cleaned up"

Because both phrases recall Ray Rhodes, and that season was NO fun. I'd rather be bad and young (with Promise) than Ray Rhodes mediocre.

red
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM

It is:

A LEARNING EXPERIENCE

etc, etc, etc.

Thanks red for that.

but what in HELL would Vince Lombardi say, red?

what? i didn't say anything in this thread yet. you're confusing me with the guy that has my old av