PDA

View Full Version : The 2020 Championship Season

call_me_ishmael
08-20-2019, 02:58 PM
I just have a hunch this is a super bowl squad. If not this year, certainly next year. Discuss.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 02:59 PM
I agree. I’ll get to it later but I agree.

texaspackerbacker
08-20-2019, 03:11 PM
I assume you mean the 2020 Super Bowl hahahahaha.

By the 2020 season, we will be going for a "Twofer".

Upnorth
08-20-2019, 04:16 PM
I want to believe but I have been stung three years in a row. If it happens, or even a deep playoff run, I will forever wish we had jettisoned M3 3 years ago.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 04:26 PM
I want to believe but I have been stung three years in a row. If it happens, or even a deep playoff run, I will forever wish we had jettisoned M3 3 years ago.

Does losing the NFCC game count as a deep playoff run?

CaptainKickass
08-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Obligatory championship post.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Obligatory championship post.

lol

pbmax
08-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Does losing the NFCC game count as a deep playoff run?

Somehow I get unhappier about that game as time passes. I have to turn that around.

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Somehow I get unhappier about that game as time passes. I have to turn that around.

Which one? There are four to choose from: '95, '07, '14, '16.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Which one? There are four to choose from: '95, '07, '14, '16.

'14.

I blame '07 on Favre, though recent possible downgrades to McCarthy's offensive brilliance index might cast that game in a different light.

'95, they just weren't the right matchup for those Boys teams when the Boys were healthy and young.

'16 was a moon shot. Can't be mad about Rodgers magicking the Packers to that game.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2019, 06:31 PM
'14.

I blame '07 on Favre, though recent possible downgrades to McCarthy's offensive brilliance index might cast that game in a different light.

'95, they just weren't the right matchup for those Boys teams when the Boys were healthy and young.

'16 was a moon shot. Can't be mad about Rodgers magicking the Packers to that game.

I think the crappy secondary in 07 that couldn't cover an injured Plaxico is just as much to blame as Favre.

Bretsky
08-20-2019, 07:37 PM
I think you are crazy but I hope you are right.

RashanGary
08-20-2019, 07:42 PM
KGB had 10 sacks in 07 then was injured. Didn’t have a sack rest of the way or his career. Jolly was playing great then went down. I blame the defense in 07

mraynrand
08-20-2019, 09:21 PM
I think the crappy secondary in 07 that couldn't cover an injured Plaxico is just as much to blame as Favre.

That and the Oline couldn’t block up a run the whole night

I’m still totally pissed about that. I had 4 Super Bowl tickets lined up. Bought airline tickets. Flushed $500 down the drain on that deal.

pbmax
08-20-2019, 09:56 PM

Everyone has a weakness and Plax was too big for Al to beat up. But perhaps a competent coordinator would have adjusted coverage over Plax so Al could play him short and stop that damn back shoulder throw.

Favre just needed someone to slap him, then staple a bunch of heat packets to his body to keep him warm.

call_me_ishmael
08-21-2019, 02:56 PM
Doubled down on this by drafting almost exclusively Packers in my FF draft. I really think this is a special squad. ARod is going to have a historic year and win that 3rd MVP.

Bretsky
08-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Jimmy Graham Breakout !! lol

RashanGary
08-21-2019, 09:21 PM
Jimmy Graham Breakout !! lol

I do think Graham is gonna have a big year. 900 yards or so. Break all Packer TE records anyway.

HowardRoark
08-21-2019, 09:53 PM
I still contend the 2011 team was even more of a let down than that game in Seattle......and it was because of a tragedy in Oshkosh.

gbgary
08-22-2019, 12:07 PM
I just have a hunch this is a super bowl squad. If not this year, certainly next year. Discuss.

would be fantastic but i don't see it. although 2019 is their best chance there's too much to overcome. first off, who above the Packers, has gotten worse? nah...for 2019 the O's learning curve, wr talent, and the DT/ILB issues, will be their undoing and that's discounting major injury. for 2020 they'll be losing lewis, graham, bulaga, and maybe crosby. some cap will be gained but that's not counting clark, bakhtiari, adams, and rodgers hits...martinez, whoever else.

Fritz
08-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Doubled down on this by drafting almost exclusively Packers in my FF draft. I really think this is a special squad. ARod is going to have a historic year and win that 3rd MVP.

Well, you're bold, Ish. I give you that.

I think, myself, that this year represents a large learning curve for this offense and for this first-time head coach. I'm guessing this is more like an 8 - 8 squad than a 10 - 6 or 11 - 5 group.

I'm concerned about the direction of the organization. Something needed to be done, yes. Thompson didn't perform as well the last three or so years as he did earlier. McCarthy got stale, as most coaches do. But this solution - the three silos, the castrating of the GM position, the abrupt hiring of a very young, very inexperienced LeFleur by Murphy, some of Gute's early draft picks and moves (Not just Rashan Gary - Josh Jackson so far not great, but also the third and fourth round picks that followed, plus the signing of Jimmy Graham) - I'm not feeling super confident.

But we'll see. I have been known to be incredibly, radically wrong.

call_me_ishmael
08-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Well, you're bold, Ish. I give you that.

I think, myself, that this year represents a large learning curve for this offense and for this first-time head coach. I'm guessing this is more like an 8 - 8 squad than a 10 - 6 or 11 - 5 group.

I'm concerned about the direction of the organization. Something needed to be done, yes. Thompson didn't perform as well the last three or so years as he did earlier. McCarthy got stale, as most coaches do. But this solution - the three silos, the castrating of the GM position, the abrupt hiring of a very young, very inexperienced LeFleur by Murphy, some of Gute's early draft picks and moves (Not just Rashan Gary - Josh Jackson so far not great, but also the third and fourth round picks that followed, plus the signing of Jimmy Graham) - I'm not feeling super confident.

But we'll see. I have been known to be incredibly, radically wrong.

Fortune favors the bold. I am also incredibly, radically wrong often myself. We shall see!

I too share the concerns about the organization and I suspect they'll manifest bigly down the road. I still think ARod has a lot of prove this year and a motivated ARod means this team will go as far as the chip on his shoulder will carry us. All the way to a second super bowl championship.