PDA

View Full Version : NFL Female Broadcaster

The Shadow
08-23-2019, 11:18 PM
I just watched a broadcast of the Packers - Raiders game. They had a female broadcaster; I think her name is Beth Mowins.
She was laughably bad. Having a female broadcaster is fine, but please! Supply one one who doesn't try sooooo hard to be macho/testostorony/bad ass.
It was so damn painful to listen to.

Joemailman
08-23-2019, 11:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/firebethmowins/

Radagast
08-24-2019, 12:45 AM
I just watched a broadcast of the Packers - Raiders game. They had a female broadcaster; I think her name is Beth Mowins.
She was laughably bad. Having a female broadcaster is fine, but please! Supply one one who doesn't try sooooo hard to be macho/testostorony/bad ass.
It was so damn painful to listen to.

The more masculine "gay" female is at times just missing any male equipment. Sadly I had first hand experience with a female cousin that could out muscle most the fellows around on a basketball court. She even married a very great fellow, only to divorce him for another woman. This broadcaster heavily reminded me of my cousin.

I too don't normally enjoy female sports broadcasters. However, when it comes to swimming or gymnastics or womens softball it is not so unpleasant. A female calling a football game or a boxing match or any hockey game sours the pleasure of the sporting event. I see women interviewing football coaches at halftime and all I can think is that if they were not there we would hear screams of discrimination. The remind me of the rare women Pipefitters I encountered in my shipyard carrier. They did no real work, but were there to satisfy government regulations that females had to be on the payroll or no government contract. In a way like blackmail.

RashanGary
08-24-2019, 02:10 AM
Not a fan of women involved in men’s sports either. Just not. There’s enough cunty ass influence women have in every other area of life. Let’s keep their bitch asses away from from the one thing we can enjoy without their stupid bitching.

Vincenzo
08-24-2019, 05:47 AM
Not a fan of women involved in men’s sports either. Just not. There’s enough cunty ass influence women have in every other area of life. Let’s keep their bitch asses away from from the one thing we can enjoy without their stupid bitching.
You have to be kidding, you sound like you’re in the Stone Age - either that or you chugged a gallon of beer before you type that. There’s a long list of female broadcasters that add lots of value to NFL broadcasting:
Pam Oliver
Leslie Visser
Michelle Tafoya
Suzy Kolber
Alex Flanagan

mraynrand
08-24-2019, 06:00 AM
She's good at her job, but I do find her voice grating.

mraynrand
08-24-2019, 06:04 AM
You have to be kidding, you sound like you’re in the Stone Age - either that or you chugged a gallon of beer before you type that. There’s a long list of female broadcasters that add lots of value to NFL broadcasting:
Pam Oliver
Leslie Visser
Michelle Tafoya
Suzy Kolber
Alex Flanagan

Aren't all of these ladies more reporters (sideline, otherwise). Broadcasting - play-by-play like Mowens or color commentary are different beasts. Only a small handful of ladies have those jobs (and to my knowledge, just play-by-play. No female color commentator yet? although, NFL network did put one pot their studio hosts in the booth, so that may qualify). Do your job, sound good/pleasant, and I don't give a hoot(ers) about your gonads.

pbmax
08-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Aren't all of these ladies more reporters (sideline, otherwise). Broadcasting - play-by-play like Mowens or color commentary are different beasts. Only a small handful of ladies have those jobs (and to my knowledge, just play-by-play. No female color commentator yet? although, NFL network did put one pot their studio hosts in the booth, so that may qualify). Do your job, sound good/pleasant, and I don't give a hoot(ers) about your gonads.

Yeah, I don't think the sideline reporter pool will fill the PBP job unless its a stunt. It'll be someone working their way up.

Bretsky
08-24-2019, 08:37 AM
Was she hot ?

RashanGary
08-24-2019, 08:45 AM
I’ve had too many awful experiences with women. I literally like having a few areas of life where they don’t come near. Even if one is nothing like the others, and I know it happens, just the reminder of women nauseates me.

mraynrand
08-24-2019, 10:14 AM
I’ve had too many awful experiences with women. I literally like having a few areas of life where they don’t come near. Even if one is nothing like the others, and I know it happens, just the reminder of women nauseates me.

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess,

“Will you marry me?”

The Princess emphatically replied, “No!”

And the Prince lived happily ever after,
and

rode motorcycles
and

dated thin, long-legged, full-breasted women,
and

hunted and fished
and

raced cars, and went to titty bars
and

dated ladies half his age
and

drank whiskey, beer, and Captain Morgan,
and

never heard any bitching
and

never paid child support or alimony,
and

dated cheerleaders
and

kept his house and sports memorabilia,
and

ate spam, potato chips and beans,
and

blew enormous farts,
and

never got cheated on while he was at work,
and

had lots of dogs
and

all his friends and family thought
he was cool as hell,
and

had tons of money in the bank,
and...

left the toilet seat up.

The End H/T Legally Sufficient

RashanGary
08-24-2019, 10:26 AM
left the toilet seat up.

The End H/T Legally Sufficient

Yep.

Zool
08-25-2019, 12:55 AM
That was one of the worst game calls I’ve ever listened to. Gannon is horrible. The other guy was worse. Mowins was the best part of the booth and she was pretty bad. If I were a Raider fan, all games would be on mute.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 06:30 AM
That was one of the worst game calls I’ve ever listened to. Gannon is horrible. The other guy was worse. Mowins was the best part of the booth and she was pretty bad. If I were a Raider fan, all games would be on mute.

The other guy was Matt Millen. It’s like the preseason is a pass for announcing to suck too. Most times the team announcers don’t even call out names for the opposition for receptions runs and tackles. It isn’t just this group.

Millen was once on a trajectory to be the successor to John Madden but apparently - as his GM stint showed - he’s really not that knowledgeable and kinda lazy.