PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck retiring from NFL

esoxx
08-24-2019, 08:34 PM
We hardly knew ye.

esoxx
08-24-2019, 08:35 PM
I will miss your letters from the front.

Perhaps you will shave now.

Joemailman
08-24-2019, 08:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Joemailman
08-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure I remember people talking about how he didn't even need football to make a lot of money. Graduated with honors at Stanford.

RashanGary
08-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure I remember people talking about how he didn't even need football to make a lot of money. Graduated with honors at Stanford.

Pretty sure football was his best bet though. Being a smart dude, he should be able to live a couple lifetimes on what he has.

Joemailman
08-24-2019, 09:36 PM
I suspect he just got tired of not being healthy.

Radagast
08-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Andrew Luck has been perhaps one of the most injured QBs that I can think of. Jacoby Brissett will now be the Colts #1 QB. At 6'4", Brissett can boast that he attended the same school that Chargers QB Philip Rivers did, North Carolina State U.

I don't blame Luck for wanting to retire, maybe Brissett will get better pass protection.

Best of "Luck" to you Andrew and maybe we will see you on sports shows in the future as a guest.

Rutnstrut
08-24-2019, 09:41 PM
I suspect he just got tired of not being healthy.

That's what I am geting from his press conference. That and it seems he lacks mental toughness and true desire for the game.

call_me_ishmael
08-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Most shocking retirement since Barry Sanders. Smart guy. Still young, wealthy beyond imagination, has his mental health seemingly and seemingly self-aware enough to know that nobody leaves this game in good shape after 15-20 years. Dumb to call it mental toughness - it requires a lot of mental toughness to walk away from that money.

Radagast
08-24-2019, 10:03 PM
That's what I am geting from his press conference. That and it seems he lacks mental toughness and true desire for the game.

You should watch a movie called, "North Dallas Forty". In it Nick Nolte plays a veteran WR who was mentally tough and had a true desire for the game, but his body had suffered terrible injuries. Still he found ways to keep playing.

Like Nolte's character, Luck has suffered for the game and has the right to retire if that's his decision. Were I him, I'd say good bye too.

Joemailman
08-24-2019, 10:28 PM

Or maybe he has enough respect for his team and the game that he wasn't going to rake in another 20 million even though he wasn't healthy enough to play.

Cheesehead Craig
08-24-2019, 11:06 PM

Bullshit on that lame analysis. Guy's body just gave out on him.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-25-2019, 03:59 AM
Pack fans, better treat your QB right, or he might just up and quit prematurely, too. As a former Favre loyalist, I once regretfully called the Great Arm of Butte "Erin," as in:

Erin is the choker in the rye
He's the apple of Ted's eyes
Winning now means less than Erin's peppy touch
May God have mercy on us all in the clutch
And so the peppy Polar Bear sits on his illicit throne
A smile on his face, a heart of stone

Nowadays, I worship A-Rod, especially since I found out that Daenerys Targaryen is his favorite GOT character.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 06:35 AM

This post seems to be a little harsh but it’s probably literally true. But ‘playing through pain’ (in rehab, practice, games, just getting around in your life) sounds good and noble until you actually have to do it. Maybe the dude has actually been in constant pain from several years of injury and rehab. Of course some people take a lot of pain killers but that leads pretty quickly to addiction and that’s no bed of roses either.

Fritz
08-25-2019, 06:38 AM
Or maybe he has enough respect for his team and the game that he wasn't going to rake in another 20 million even though he wasn't healthy enough to play.

I've really lost a lot of respect for Andrew Luck now. The guy could have hedged and sat on the bench and really worked it, you know? He could've talked about how much he loved football, how hard he was working to get back on the field, support his teammates, etc, etc, and then just sat back and collected those monster pay checks.

What he did - walk away from an easy payday because of his namby-pamby concerns for his health, and his unwillingness to play along - seems un-American to me.

RashanGary
08-25-2019, 06:59 AM
You know, I do freely and sometimes intentionally humorously vent about how much i hate Jason Spriggs or J’mon Moore. It’s sort of frustration but they don’t hear it so i think of it as funny. I’m still gonna do that cuz it does feel good to let off steam and nobody gets hurt.

But I’ll never boo a guy or post anything on a news site or twitter where his family might see. And I do have a lot more respect for Favre and Rodgers and all the guys who do it year after year.

This definitely makes it more real and easier to empathize with what they go through to stay on the field.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 07:25 AM

He just spent the better part of two seasons either playing with, getting misdiagnosed with or recovering from a shoulder injury. You have to be kidding me on this. No one, not even Rodgers, took as many hits as this kid did in the early part of his career.

I suspect there is a chance they might be using this as a way to get away from the Colts medical team though. We'll see.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 07:34 AM
I suspect there is a chance they might be using this as a way to get away from the Colts medical team though. We'll see.

Good point. Have to remember that a lot of team docs are sports ortho guys and they have no experience with ortho trauma which is a whole different category. Sometimes these severe injuries look like trauma and not the basic ligament crap these sports docs normally see. And since the sports weenies have no experience in trauma they can really screw things up. Examples: Kellen Winslow Jrs. non football motorcycle injury. Sherrod getting treated by the KC quack. Examples are legion. Maybe Luck will get connected to a good ortho doc and at least salvage his life.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Good point. Have to remember that a lot of team docs are sports ortho guys and they have no experience with ortho trauma which is a whole different category. Sometimes these severe injuries look like trauma and not the basic ligament crap these sports docs normally see. And since the sports weenies have no experience in trauma they can really screw things up. Examples: Kellen Winslow Jrs. non football motorcycle injury. Sherrod getting treated by the KC quack. Examples are legion. Maybe Luck will get connected to a good ortho doc and at least salvage his life.

I would pitch this idea to the next team official you meet. But probably skip the scouting department.

I also think its part of administrative capture. No one above the doc is rooting for them to call Luck done. They all want him healthy and ready as soon as possible. Means every meeting has everyone leaning toward the most optimistic prognosis.

Could be wrong here, this could be just dysfunction from their PR team, but they badly misrepresented his original injury and he kept trying to rehab it the first go around.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Capt. Andrew Luck @CaptAndrewLuck

Dearest mother —

The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm.

— Andrew

pbmax
08-25-2019, 08:02 AM
@FO_wordofmuth
Man. Luck. That’s crazy. I will say this is why coachs/scouts ask weird questions during combine interviews and hate guys that are “too smart”

Ben Muth @FO_wordofmuth
Football is so hard. And if you don’t have to play it & you don’t love it, it’s easy to not play it. I know the Andrew Luck I knew loved ball but that can change with money and time. I’ll never blame someone for retiring early & I’ll never blame a team for trying to feel that out

Ben Muth @FO_wordofmuth
But being too smart for football is a thing. There’s a point where you can look around realize how much money you have and how dangerous football is and step away. The hardest jobs often require men without a lot of options.

Ben Muth @FO_wordofmuth
And that probably doesn’t speak super highly of football, or boxing, or the military. But it’s the truth

pbmax
08-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Doug Gottlieb @GottliebShow
Retiring cause rehabbing is “too hard” is the most millennial thing ever #AndrewLuck

Torrey Smith @TorreySmithWR
You stole credit cards because working was “too hard”

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 08:11 AM
Seems like a lot of people know exactly what Luck is experiencing. Why these perfectly empathic mind-readers can’t seem to monetize this skill is the real mystery.

Teamcheez1
08-25-2019, 08:49 AM
I think it's pretty crappy to retire two weeks prior to the season starting. You leave your teammates, coaches, and fans hanging due to your noble retirement cause.

Joemailman
08-25-2019, 09:07 AM
I think it's pretty crappy to retire two weeks prior to the season starting. You leave your teammates, coaches, and fans hanging due to your noble retirement cause.

It's tough on the Colts, but I don't think he knew a month ago that it would come to this. At any rate, I think Jacoby Brissett would have been the starter even if Luck had made the decision a little earlier.

Zool
08-25-2019, 09:13 AM
Guy is taking a lot of shit for quitting his job. Like he owes something to someone? It’s a job that just happens to pay a shit ton more than most.

If you were at a job that you used to love, but for some reason you lost that love, would you just keep going because you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings? Now imagine you could end up like so many other former players and have dementia at 45.

Sports have become too important to some. They remove the human aspect. It’s supposed to be entertaining.

Joemailman
08-25-2019, 09:52 AM
weet
Conversation

Zak Keefer
@zkeefer
Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» at least 1 concussion
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» and this mysterious calf/ankle

Played behind some bad offensive lines prior to last year. Too bad he had to retire just as the Colts were finally putting a good team around him.

RashanGary
08-25-2019, 10:11 AM
Guy is taking a lot of shit for quitting his job. Like he owes something to someone? It’s a job that just happens to pay a shit ton more than most.

If you were at a job that you used to love, but for some reason you lost that love, would you just keep going because you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings? Now imagine you could end up like so many other former players and have dementia at 45.

Sports have become too important to some. They remove the human aspect. It’s supposed to be entertaining.

We flat out cut Spriggs. The guy had “living the dream in Green Bay” as the quote on his twitter page. Or something like that. Ouch. Not anymore. The Team quit on Jason. If Luck wasn’t benefiting the colts, that “team” he was supposed to be so loyal to would have cut him in a heart beat. He owed them nothing that way.

Now, when the games are on and your teammates bodies are in danger, you’re a TEAM! When the seasons going and you’re tired and the guy next to you is hurt and you have to go out on the field against guys looking to hurt you, you’re a TEAM! Once you’re in the season and invested as a member, absolutely, your guys are your family and you fight for them. But you’re not trapped there. It’s a choice to stay or go. I respect his decision all of the way.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 10:30 AM
How many former NFL players have dementia at 45?

pbmax
08-25-2019, 12:39 PM
It's tough on the Colts, but I don't think he knew a month ago that it would come to this. At any rate, I think Jacoby Brissett would have been the starter even if Luck had made the decision a little earlier.

The Colts also couldn't get this injury straight publicly. They already had two different stories about it. So who knows what is actually wrong with him physically.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Brady Poppinga had the same take as teamcheeze about the timing. I asked him what the Colts owed Luck for screwing up the shoulder diagnosis and recovery that cost him two years.

Haven't heard back. People are strange sometimes.

pbmax
08-25-2019, 12:42 PM
In Gottlieb's defense, I don't think he was allowed to work a job for pay while on scholarship. So really, its the NCAA's fault, not his.

Zool
08-25-2019, 04:58 PM
How many former NFL players have dementia at 45?

Is more than one too many? Mike Webster, Junior Seau, Dave Duerson. Maybe dementia was a reach, but all of them talked about having trouble remembering things day to day, bouts of anger, depression, anxiety. All 3 killed themselves at a young age. 2 shot themselves in the chest so their brains could be studied.

Players now have a greater knowledge of the risk they are taking, and more will be retiring early.

Early symptoms of dementia

Although the early signs vary, common early symptoms of dementia include:
memory problems, particularly remembering recent events
increasing confusion
reduced concentration
personality or behavior changes
apathy and withdrawal or depression
loss of ability to do everyday tasks

gbgary
08-25-2019, 06:01 PM
some think it's a red flag to the league. i disagree. this wasn't a fear for his life/health thing. it's just a guy tired of rehabbing who's lost his desire. berry sanders wasn't a red flag. jim brown wasn't...nor dwane thomas. they lost their desire. guys get tired and retire. happens several times a year.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Is more than one too many? Mike Webster, Junior Seau, Dave Duerson. Maybe dementia was a reach, but all of them talked about having trouble remembering things day to day, bouts of anger, depression, anxiety. All 3 killed themselves at a young age. 2 shot themselves in the chest so their brains could be studied.

Players now have a greater knowledge of the risk they are taking, and more will be retiring early.

Early symptoms of dementia

Although the early signs vary, common early symptoms of dementia include:
memory problems, particularly remembering recent events
increasing confusion
reduced concentration
personality or behavior changes
apathy and withdrawal or depression
loss of ability to do everyday tasks

If it's 5% of 45 year old former members, regardless of number of years playing football, that would be a crisis. If it's a handful of guys who mostly played hard their entire lives and aren't significantly above a well-controlled sample from similar professions, then it's tragic for those particular guys to be sure, but not a crisis for the game. Perhaps there are confounding factors, such as PEDs or other substances. I want to protect these guys, but I tire of hysteria from incomplete and/or agenda-driven research. Now, if any of these guys had silicone breast implants, I'm sure we could sue Dow Corning for every penny they're (still) worth...

Zool
08-25-2019, 06:41 PM
If I were a player, Borland?, and I was worried about my long term health I would definitely consider retirement. No matter the sport, no matter the age.

Luck is getting lambasted in some places for being smart. Remember when smart people were revered?

falco
08-25-2019, 07:22 PM
If it's 5% of 45 year old former members, regardless of number of years playing football, that would be a crisis. If it's a handful of guys who mostly played hard their entire lives and aren't significantly above a well-controlled sample from similar professions, then it's tragic for those particular guys to be sure, but not a crisis for the game. Perhaps there are confounding factors, such as PEDs or other substances. I want to protect these guys, but I tire of hysteria from incomplete and/or agenda-driven research. Now, if any of these guys had silicone breast implants, I'm sure we could sue Dow Corning for every penny they're (still) worth...

:roll:

run pMc
08-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Physical toll on Andrew Luck through 6 NFL seasons:
» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» partially torn abdomen
» a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» at least 1 concussion
» a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» and this mysterious calf/ankle

If you're constantly hurt and rehabbing -- and let's face it, rehabbing from injuries suck -- and you have enough to setup your grandkids, why take the beating? He's 29, he's put in the work, if he wants to retire, that's his decision.
Agree the timing isn't great, but IIRC the calf was something that happened in OTAs and wasn't improving. This wasn't a snap decision...the Colts knew something was going on with him for a weeks now. Luck is/was a good QB and this will hurt the Colts, but for as much time as he's been out you'd hope the Colts would have a decent backup plan at QB. (Compare to what GB has)

George Cumby
08-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Let's see: I'm in a job that pays really well, so well, in fact that I'm set for life before I'm 30.

However, that job means being physically battered by a bunch of really athletic, huge dudes with mayhem on their minds.

During the course of my short career, I have suffered a shit ton of injuries and am constantly rehabbing.

Some of those injuries may indeed result in chronic problems until I die.

If I continue to work this job, the injuries will only get worse and it will only get harder to recover from them as I leave my 20's behind me.

The potential for serious brain injury is a real concern.

Fuck the Haters, I'd be the fuck out.

Joemailman
08-25-2019, 08:20 PM
Let's see: I'm in a job that pays really well, so well, in fact that I'm set for life before I'm 30.

However, that job means being physically battered by a bunch of really athletic, huge dudes with mayhem on their minds.

During the course of my short career, I have suffered a shit ton of injuries and am constantly rehabbing.

Some of those injuries may indeed result in chronic problems until I die.

If I continue to work this job, the injuries will only get worse and it will only get harder to recover from them as I leave my 20's behind me.

The potential for serious brain injury is a real concern.

Fuck the Haters, I'd be the fuck out.

That's because you lack mental toughness.

George Cumby
08-25-2019, 08:24 PM
That's because you lack mental toughness.

I'm weak. Pathetic really.

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 09:11 PM
:roll:

Good one

Patler
08-25-2019, 09:33 PM

It's not as crappy as getting "fired" 5 days before the start of the season. That is about to happen to 1200 or so players. Besides, its really no different than if he tore an ACL on Saturday. I don't feel too sorry for anyone. It's just the way it is. We don't have forced labor. We can all walk away whenever it suits us.

I think Luck was just injured again, wasn't he?

mraynrand
08-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Uh oh

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1165441329226276866

Joemailman
08-25-2019, 11:08 PM
Uh oh

Maybe Luck will now have the time to help him find Nicole's killer.

pbmax
08-26-2019, 07:20 AM
Uh oh

Playing with house money really gets to you after a while.

pbmax
08-26-2019, 07:25 AM
Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman rips Doug Gottlieb for his Andrew Luck critique

@TroyAikman
That’s total bullshit Doug. What qualifies you to decide how someone should live their life? So you’re now the authority on what motivates Andrew Luck? And if his decisions don’t fit into what you think is best for him then you rip him? Guess that keeps you employed on FS1. Nice

JUST THINK IF TROY LET IT RIP LIKE THIS DURING GAMES WHEN THE OCCASION CALLED FOR IT

"THAT IS TOTAL BULLSHIT JOE. DEZ BRYANT CAUGHT THAT BALL. AND ONLY THE OPAQUE AND IRREDUCIBLE RULEBOOK AND ENDLESS REPLAYS CAN MAKE IT OTHERWISE"

Will Carroll @injuryexpert
Also told that a very important consideration for Luck was the long term effects of painkillers, anti-inflammatories, and the treatments he needed in order to play through the various injuries he had. Consulted with several doctors on that specific issue.

@injuryexpert
Source tells me Luck is not considering surgery “in immediate future” for leg condition. It doesn’t affect him as much in day to day life. That’s the normal course for this kind of condition.

pbmax
08-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Peter King with some notes about Luck. Third paragraph gives an overview of the injury history and the 2+ years spent dealing with the shoulder issue. But it also appears that the Colts found more damage in the calf in August (just after he spoke to King) about two weeks ago.

So the confusion about calf or ankle injury was probably about the injury being discovered to affect more of his lower leg (calf to ankle) than previously discussed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/fmia-andrew-luck-the-colts-and-the-retirement-that-rocked-nfls-world/?cid=nbcsports

mraynrand
08-26-2019, 08:19 AM
If Luck really loved the game he would become a drug addict to continue playing!

- mraynknowitall@injurynfldrugexpert

mraynrand
08-26-2019, 08:22 AM
Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman rips Doug Gottlieb for his Andrew Luck critique

@TroyAikman
That’s total bullshit Doug. What qualifies you to decide how someone should live their life? So you’re now the authority on what motivates Andrew Luck? And if his decisions don’t fit into what you think is best for him then you rip him? Guess that keeps you employed on FS1. Nice

JUST THINK IF TROY LET IT RIP LIKE THIS DURING GAMES WHEN THE OCCASION CALLED FOR IT

"THAT IS TOTAL BULLSHIT JOE. DEZ BRYANT CAUGHT THAT BALL. AND ONLY THE OPAQUE AND IRREDUCIBLE RULEBOOK AND ENDLESS REPLAYS CAN MAKE IT OTHERWISE"

@TroyAikman He, he, he, Joe. Gosh, that Brett Favre is quite a character, boy I could tell you some stories.
@JoeBuck Please, do tell
@TroyAikman I hate that motherfucker and his awshucks southern drawl bullshit
@JoeBuck Ha Ha. Troy Aikman, everyone. Tune in tonight for another fresh episode of "The Simpsons"

run pMc
08-26-2019, 08:34 AM

@TroyAikman

I for one would love this...also, Joe Buck is not my favorite.

run pMc
08-26-2019, 08:39 AM
I actually went to the trouble of Googling this Gottlieb dude...he's a basketball analyst and radio host. So his tweet is basically a hot take from a yahoo.

Also, the Torrey Smith tweet makes more sense now:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/torrey-smith-doug-gottlieb-andrew-luck

Patler
08-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Colts have decided not to pursue claw back of any signing bonus money (prorated portion about $12.8M) or even the roster bonus ($12M) payed to Luck earlier this year, in spite of at least one report that Luck offered to pay it back.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/25/report-colts-wont-go-after-lucks-bonus-money/

Cheesehead Craig
08-26-2019, 09:01 AM
I actually went to the trouble of Googling this Gottlieb dude...he's a basketball analyst and radio host. So his tweet is basically a hot take from a yahoo.

I like him for college hoops insight, but other than that, he's as useless as the vast majority of the national talking heads.

pbmax
08-26-2019, 09:02 AM

He's not the worst analyst for basketball. Have heard him on the radio but not for a long time. He used to fill in for ESPN Radio in the past. But like Cowherd, he launches some defiantly hot takes to get some press from time to time.

Teamcheez1
08-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Steve Beuerlein
“I am a HUGE #AndrewLuck fan... always have been,” he wrote. “But this I cannot defend or justify. NO scenario where retirement is defensible. To do this to his teammates, organization, fans, and the NFL 2 weeks before the season is just not right. I love the guy but this will haunt him.

hoosier
08-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Steve Beuerlein
“I am a HUGE #AndrewLuck fan... always have been,” he wrote. “But this I cannot defend or justify. NO scenario where retirement is defensible. To do this to his teammates, organization, fans, and the NFL 2 weeks before the season is just not right. I love the guy but this will haunt him.

Of course, he is morally bound to fulfill his contract and not bail on his team last minute. The team, meanwhile, is free to cut players whenever it likes. Got it.

Patler
08-26-2019, 11:16 AM
Steve Beuerlein

Funny thing is, from their comments and actions, the Colts organization seems to understand and be more accepting than Mr. Beuerlein is. I doubt Luck will be haunted. He seems to have reached the decision only after careful consideration and consultation.

I have now read in a couple places that the current injury would have been a real problem, and at least some medical recommendations were for him to go on IR to rehab it for a year, with no assurance that it would be corrected. So the situation may very likely have been that he wouldn't have been available either way, but, to satisfy some fans and Mr. Beuerlein, he should have stayed and also sucked his 2019 salary out of the organization?

Fritz
08-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Colts have, as reported, decided not pursue the signing bonus money Luck was paid. Perhaps they learned something from the Detroit Lions, who went to the mat with both Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson when each of them retired.

Stay classy Detroit!

Cheesehead Craig
08-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Funny thing is, from their comments and actions, the Colts organization seems to understand and be more accepting than Mr. Beuerlein is. I doubt Luck will be haunted. He seems to have reached the decision only after careful consideration and consultation.

I have now read in a couple places that the current injury would have been a real problem, and at least some medical recommendations were for him to go on IR to rehab it for a year, with no assurance that it would be corrected. So the situation may very likely have been that he wouldn't have been available either way, but, to satisfy some fans and Mr. Beuerlein, he should have stayed and also sucked his 2019 salary out of the organization?

He stays, goes on IR for yet another full season, and he would be raked over the coals and be portrayed as just being money hungry by these same guys ripping him now.

He did the right thing for himself. That's all you can ask of an individual.

pbmax
08-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Here is Jim Irsay to clear up the injury situation:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB2qJZTWwAA6hVh?format=jpg&name=small

hoosier
08-26-2019, 02:29 PM
In coach speak, Luck has a small bone. Leave it to Irsay to respond to this surprise retirement by calling into question the guy's manhood.

Beneath all the incoherence, I wonder if what he's dealing with is a degenerative Achilles. Not tendonitis but tendonosis. It often presents near the insertion point on the calcus (which is not an especially small bone). If that's not what's going on, I am lost.

mraynrand
08-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Calcaneus?

pbmax
08-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Something chronic with his achilles would explanation Will Carroll's piece about hearing Luck doing research into pain killers and anti-inflammatories.

Cheesehead Craig
08-26-2019, 03:32 PM
Luck just needs to dress up in Civil War garb for Halloween and everyone would forgive him.

hoosier
08-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Calcaneus?

Yeah that. Autocorrect apparently wanted to fuse calcaneus and talus.

call_me_ishmael
08-27-2019, 02:00 AM
2021 scenario: The Colts just draft Trevor Lawrence with the #1 overall pick. 31 year old Andy Luck decides he wants to come back and play. Does he end up in GB? Maybe.

texaspackerbacker
08-27-2019, 07:44 AM
2021 scenario: The Colts just draft Trevor Lawrence with the #1 overall pick. 31 year old Andy Luck decides he wants to come back and play. Does he end up in GB? Maybe.

I've avoided this thread like the plague until now, but HELL NO! No way I would want Luck playing for the Packers.

mraynrand
08-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Yeah that. Autocorrect apparently wanted to fuse calcaneus and talus.

Orthopods sometimes do the same thing.

hoosier
08-27-2019, 09:57 AM
Looks like stick figures on a see saw.

http://legacy.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatments/PublishingImages/Image_Gentchos_Calcaneus_Fracture_PostOp_X-ray_1.jpg

pbmax
08-27-2019, 10:41 AM
^ Always wondered what Bionicles looked like when ingested.

Fritz
08-27-2019, 10:56 AM
I've avoided this thread like the plague until now, but HELL NO! No way I would want Luck playing for the Packers.

Wist still claims that it was Luck playing for the Packers that got them that SB trophy back in 2010.

Cheesehead Craig
08-27-2019, 03:34 PM
I am very intrigued to see if this is a big moment or not if other players who are constantly banged up if players decide to get out sooner rather than later. Get a couple of million dollars, don't be stupid with the money and they're set for life.