PDA

View Full Version : Free agents of interest

jklowan
08-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Su Craven cut loose, might he be worth a look. I remember alot of Rats were high on him coming out. Given our hole at IL I'd say bring him in

call_me_ishmael
08-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Cravens is a head case. I'd personally pass but to each their own.

Freak Out
08-30-2019, 03:03 PM
I thought he was a safety?

jklowan
08-30-2019, 04:17 PM
I thought he was a safety?

thought he was a hybyrd safety/linebacker, gotta have coverage skills, no?

I

pbmax
08-30-2019, 05:25 PM
@TomPelissero
Source: The #Rams cut QB Brandon Allen. Interesting backup option for teams running McVay-style offense.

pbmax
08-30-2019, 05:29 PM
Armando Salguero
@ArmandoSalguero
·
2h
Dolphins are working to trade LB Kiko Alonso — have been for a couple of weeks — but it is close to zero hour now.

jklowan
08-31-2019, 02:57 PM
polite and stanley morgan jr released,

pbmax
08-31-2019, 02:59 PM
@RapSheet
Surprising move by the #Bucs as they are waiving starting OLB and former 2nd round pick Noah Spence. With JPP out for at least 6 weeks, look for Tampa to add to edge depth.

mraynrand
08-31-2019, 03:01 PM
@RapSheet
Surprising move by the #Bucs as they are waiving starting OLB and former 2nd round pick Noah Spence.

Whoa! Shocking!
- @JoshJones

pbmax
08-31-2019, 03:33 PM
@kareemcopeland
Former first-round WR Josh Doctson has been released, as expected. I think @john_keim had it first. #Redskins

pbmax
08-31-2019, 10:24 PM
@Reuters

Report: Chargers' holdout RB Gordon allowed to seek trade https://reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-lac-gordon-holdout-idUSKCN1VL0TD?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+ Content&utm_content=5d6b37e4145a5700015373e1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Radagast
08-31-2019, 10:32 PM
NFL. com posted a list of cut players from each team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045786/article/cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53player-rosters

Most of the players are unfamiliar to me, but possibly one or more are worth a second look at.

jklowan
09-01-2019, 07:16 AM
hmmm.... someplayers I'd take a look at

TE Caleb Wilson
LB Malik Jefferson,
WR Stanley Morgan
S Su'a Cravens
LB Scooby Wright
LB Stephone Anthony
LB Jachai Polit
DB Michael Jordan

pbmax
09-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Lotta folks wanted Stephone Anthony for the Packers in 2014 or so.

Tony Oday
09-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Melvin Gordon please.

Joemailman
09-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Melvin Gordon please.

Not gonna happen. Packers won't be paying a RB that kind of money.

pbmax
09-01-2019, 09:07 AM
@AdamSchefter
Saints are trading LB Vince Biegel to Dolphins for LB Kiko Alonso, per source. LB-for-LB deal.

mraynrand
09-01-2019, 09:11 AM
@AdamSchefter
Saints are trading LB Vince Biegel to Dolphins for LB Kiko Alonso, per source. LB-for-LB deal.

lol

Fritz
09-01-2019, 10:23 AM
@Reuters

Report: Chargers' holdout RB Gordon allowed to seek trade https://reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-lac-gordon-holdout-idUSKCN1VL0TD?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+ Content&utm_content=5d6b37e4145a5700015373e1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Gordon to other team: "Let's see . . . I'll give you me in exchange for a fourth round pick and a swap of sixth-rounders in 2021."

Tony Oday
09-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Not gonna happen. Packers won't be paying a RB that kind of money.

It would be a fun offense if they did!

pbmax
09-01-2019, 11:53 AM
@AdamSchefter
Bengals claimed two players on waivers: former Cardinals' WR Pharoh Cooper and former Redskins' RB Samaje Perine.

Another pre-draft favorite bites it.

@RobDemovsky
I'm told the Packers did not get anyone off waivers. Doesn't mean they didn't put claims in. But any additions today will come from street free agency and/or trades

pbmax
10-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Deone Bucannon is available. Signed with the Bucs and has been let go. Appeared as backup in five games this season. Drafted in 2014.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/buccaneers-release-deone-bucannon/

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 08:58 AM
This offseason, I think Shaq Thompson is the ideal ILB next to Blake. With the speed of King, Alexander, Savage and Amos.... plus the speed of Shaq Thompson.... they could play base defense on a lot of downs most teams can’t.

Alexander ++ speed and Smart/game gast
King ++ speed and smart/game fast
Savage ++ speed and smart/game fast
Amos + speed and smart/game fast
Thompson + speed and smart/game fast
Martinez average speed but smart/game fast

Plus both our our starting DEs are young 4.9 guys who can chase down plays. Gary has Preston can chase too. So across the board, even in base defense, this would be an extremely fast group.

This is my hope for next year. Play the leagues fastest 3-4 base instead of nickel vs most 11 personnel. Then play a 2-4 nickel in typical dime situations vs extremely pass based 11 personnel or any form of 10 or 01 groupings/3rd and long situations.

pbmax
10-09-2019, 08:59 AM
DB would be available tomorrow. And he is on a one year deal.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Rodgers is the 35 million dollar man. I don’t love the idea of stacking the defense and leaving him with less to work with. But let’s face it, the guy doesn’t turn the ball over and he’s smart enough to make up for some deficiencies. Having a dominant defense and then asking AR to use his sweet football sugar to make lemonade out of lemons might be ticket to a championship or two.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 09:09 AM

I’m open to it. I read some reports on him, solid run instincts but sketchy pass instincts.... smallish..... i wouldn’t be shocked, but after watching Carolina, I have my hopes set on Shaq Thompson. I’m sure it won’t happen. Carolina has like 50M in cap space next year. They should lock him up right now.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 09:43 AM

$LB, light tweener ILB or slow safety. He has an ankle that derailed his career it seems. If Packers don't like where Burks is, he might be an option.

call_me_ishmael
10-09-2019, 11:00 AM
DB to me seems Belichick like signing. Dude never quite fit in where he's been but he is clearly talented, assuming injuries didn't ruin him. He's gotta be better than our 4th ILB, right? Right? In that case, you should always try to get better at that spot since he isn't making significant money anyway.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Rodgers is the 35 million dollar man. I don’t love the idea of stacking the defense and leaving him with less to work with. But let’s face it, the guy doesn’t turn the ball over and he’s smart enough to make up for some deficiencies. Having a dominant defense and then asking AR to use his sweet football sugar to make lemonade out of lemons might be ticket to a championship or two.

I agree with you - sort of. Rodgers, though, has proven that he can be great and carry the team with a pretty poor O Line and not much quality at RB, as well as less than super receivers. Now, the O Line might be a little bit better; Aaron Rodgers is running damn good; And there is hope these young receivers may take some of the pressure off Adams.

Just the same, we don't want to just always have to trade TDs with the other team and hope to outscore them. So I too want our D to get dominant. It's part way there. Our D Line, though, other than Clark is still a weakness. I'm not as fired up as some people to get a second good ILB to pair with Martinez, as we hardly ever use a D with two ILBs anyway. I, for one, am more comfortable with an extra DB on the field than even a fast second ILB.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 09:57 PM
$LB, light tweener ILB or slow safety. He has an ankle that derailed his career it seems. If Packers don't like where Burks is, he might be an option.

If the ankle keeps him from covering anyone well, might be a lost cause.

pbmax
10-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
25m
Eagles are releasing LB Zach Brown, per source. Multiple teams expected to be interested.

Fritz
10-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Any idea why they're releasing him?

pbmax
10-14-2019, 11:07 PM
Any idea why they're releasing him?

They played a bad defensive game with the Vikings, but it might have been shooting his mouth off.

The Eagles announced they have released linebacker Zach Brown, who made five combined tackles on Sunday. Brown garnered considerable attention following his comments about quarterback Kirk Cousins leading up to the Week 6 matchup. Last Friday, Browns called out his ex-teammate with the Redskins, naming Cousins as the "weakest part" of the Vikings' offense.

call_me_ishmael
10-14-2019, 11:46 PM
Zach Brown must be a dbag because wasn't he all-pro just a few years back? Dude must have some problems to bounce around the way he does. That said, if there's a position you want a little poco loco at it's probably his position.

run pMc
10-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Zach Brown must be a dbag because wasn't he all-pro just a few years back? Dude must have some problems to bounce around the way he does. That said, if there's a position you want a little poco loco at it's probably his position.

He's 29 and played for 4 teams...and PHI thought enough of him to dump him - after his trash talk - even though their LBs have been hit by injuries.

Gotarace
10-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Zach Brown fills a huge need and comes cheap enough...you have to bring him in for a workout if he clears waivers to us.

Fritz
10-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Would the workout involve pretending you're a reporter and asking him questions about the coming opponent's players?

Gotarace
10-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Would the workout involve pretending you're a reporter and asking him questions about the coming opponent's players?
I remember a real hard kick in the nuts i received while shooting my mouth off in my youth...Sometimes you learn to keep your mouth shut the hard way...

pbmax
10-31-2019, 02:44 PM
@AdamSchefter
Josh Gordon now will go on waivers; he’s hoping to land in a good, supportive situation.

Aren't we all.

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 03:11 PM
@AdamSchefter
Josh Gordon now will go on waivers; he’s hoping to land in a good, supportive situation.

Aren't we all.

https://cinemacities.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.png

Zool
10-31-2019, 03:14 PM
He'd squash my head like an eggplant!

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 03:15 PM
I remember a real hard kick in the nuts i received while shooting my mouth off in my youth...Sometimes you learn to keep your mouth shut the hard way...

"When I see those guy these days we just laugh and say do you remember when you caused me permanent reproductive damage"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CIU76cqe7U