PDA

View Full Version : The Real TT Plan

Packnut
09-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I know I'll catch grief for this one but I really believe there is some validity and fact behind it.

I've been going over all of TT's player moves and I've come to the conclusion that no one person can be this stupid or make this many mistakes in such a short time.

There has been speculation in the media from different sources that TT did not want Favre back. Think back to when Brett was pondering about retirement and made the statement that he'd like to see some effort by the Packers to sign some talent and when that got back to TT and he was asked about it, he stayed silent. Would'nt it have been natural for him to make some kind of positive statement to Brett? Hmmmmmm

Now let's look at the moves he made. First he brings Manuel in to start when he was'nt talented enough to start in Seattle until the injury gave him a shot. Do we need to see anymore of him to realize he's nothing more than a back-up? Then we get Woodson. Was he even required to work out and run with the stop-watch on him? Walker was to much an injury risk but Woodson was'nt? Pickett for Grady seem's like a draw but then he did'nt shine today either. Then we draft a LB with the 1st pick when history shows us that drafting a LB in the top 5 picks has'nt been done very often. In fact it's a rare occurence because the rest of the NFL believes that's to high to draft a LB.

OK, now what has he done to help Brett out? Well, he's accomplished putting out on the field an offensive line that was SMOKED today. Are we to believe that no one in the organization saw how badly Cliffy has deteriorated? He drafted a WR when we all know it takes WR's a yr or 2 to learn the WC offense. How about our RB's? No way Green stays healthy for a full 16 game schedule so does he bring in any RB to help? We've seen gado and herron and neither one would be on any other NFL roster.

Now I just don't believe anyone is stupid enough to defend these choices that TT has made. Sure, no one is perfect and it's only natural for a GM to make a mistake, but to make this many mistakes?
I'm not gonna even get into the Wahle thing because I understand that can be debated. But I will offer up that he had no back-up plan and let's not forget the 2 clowns he brought in last season.

Those mistakes are not enough for ya? How about our punter and kicker? That missed 53 yarder was the worst looking kick I've ever seen. How about our punter who loves to kick line drives? There were better alternatives out there. We all know it. Our special teams are a joke.

Now here's the kicker. Let's examine the coaching alternatives he had. The Saints HC had a proven track record of success on the offensive side. There were a few other coaches who had shown some glimmer of success that he could have hired. He had Bates who was a player favorite and who also had some proof of success in his past. However in the end he hired a coach who's biggest claim to fame was last season's last ranked offense. But it does'nt stop there. He brings in a coach with a new blocking scheme that will take a few yrs to learn, especially when you have rookies starting.

Now we all know it would be a PR nightmare if TT had told Brett he did'nt want him back. We also know with Brett's competitive nature that he could play another 2 yrs if there was any hope of winning. So if for the sake of arguement, he did'nt want Brett back, surrounding him with a terrible in-experienced team is the next best alternative. Favre is gonna take a beating this season and no way he comes back so TT wins and gets what he wanted. Not to mention the added bonus of those great Picks TT is gonna get next season and beyond. For a draft junkie like TT, it will be heaven.

Now a reasonable person would ask "does'nt TT risk getting fired for making so many bad moves"? Well, look how many fans on this forum that buy the it's ok to rebuild for 3yrs excuse. How many today have said this is to be expected and how exciting it will be to watch this team grow. He's gonna get at least 5 yrs to prove himself so he will have the option to fire MM after next season. We all know MM is in over his head and if you don't know it, watch film of a few other new HC's today like Detroit's and then you'll understand.

In closing, before you dismiss my ramblings as pure folly, realize this. TT did not make one move to help Favre out for this season. In fact he made several moves knowing how much harder they would make things for Brett. No one can make this many stupid moves can they? Think about it....

Bossman641
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Nice conspiracy theory but I have a hard time beleving that TT purposefully screwed up the whole organization to get Favre to leave.

And no way will TT be given a 5 year leash if he continues to trot this product out onto the field. It wouldn't be tolerated.

Partial
09-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I think he thinks what he is doing as right. I am not sold on that idea.

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I think it is a little early to say that MM is overmatched. Mike Holmgren was 0-2 in his first 2 games, including a 31-3 rout at the hands of a lousy Tampa Bay team. Was he overmatched?

Let's see if this team improves as the season goes on. TT invested a lot in this defense in the off-season, and it is probably the defense that will determine how successful the Packers are this year.

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I think he thinks what he is doing as right. I am not sold on that idea.

Would you elaborate PLEASE Partial?

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 12:48 AM
" I know I'll catch grief for this one but I really believe there is some validity and fact behind it.

I've been going over all of TT's player moves and I've come to the conclusion that no one person can be this stupid or make this many mistakes in such a short time." Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

These arn't stupid mistakes Packnut. TT plans his every move to gain complete control of OUR team. Winning or even doing reasonably well in 2006 are not on TT's agenda.

He has two priorities:

a) attain a good draft position in April 2007.

b) Retire Brett Favre fr. "the Packers" and take back $12 Million to OUR CAP.

" There has been speculation in the media from different sources that TT did not want Favre back. Think back to when Brett was pondering about retirement and made the statement that he'd like to see some effort by the Packers to sign some talent and when that got back to TT and he was asked about it, he stayed silent. Would'nt it have been natural for him to make some kind of positive statement to Brett? Hmmmmmm" Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

TT's ONLY response was to waste $10 Million, on a chilled out, over the hill CB in Charles Woodson, for one season.He had money to burn is my guess After which he releases Charles Woodson to add to the money gained fr. Favre's retirement.

"Now let's look at the moves he made. First he brings Manuel in to start when he was'nt talented enough to start in Seattle until the injury gave him a shot. Do we need to see anymore of him to realize he's nothing more than a back-up? Then we get Woodson. Was he even required to work out and run with the stop-watch on him? Walker was to much an injury risk but Woodson was'nt? Pickett for Grady seem's like a draw but then he did'nt shine today either. Then we draft a LB with the 1st pick when history shows us that drafting a LB in the top 5 picks has'nt been done very often. In fact it's a rare occurence because the rest of the NFL believes that's to high to draft a LB.

OK, now what has he done to help Brett out? Well, he's accomplished putting out on the field an offensive line that was SMOKED today. Are we to believe that no one in the organization saw how badly Cliffy has deteriorated? He drafted a WR when we all know it takes WR's a yr or 2 to learn the WC offense. How about our RB's? No way Green stays healthy for a full 16 game schedule so does he bring in any RB to help? We've seen gado and herron and neither one would be on any other NFL roster.

Now I just don't believe anyone is stupid enough to defend these choices that TT has made. Sure, no one is perfect and it's only natural for a GM to make a mistake, but to make this many mistakes?
I'm not gonna even get into the Wahle thing because I understand that can be debated. But I will offer up that he had no back-up plan and let's not forget the 2 clowns he brought in last season.

Those mistakes are not enough for ya? How about our punter and kicker? That missed 53 yarder was the worst looking kick I've ever seen. How about our punter who loves to kick line drives? There were better alternatives out there. We all know it. Our special teams are a joke". Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

I can't say I completely disagree with your points, yet Packnut, it's at best still a wait and see in regard's to some of the above additions.

" Now here's the kicker. Let's examine the coaching alternatives he had. The Saints HC had a proven track record of success on the offensive side. There were a few other coaches who had shown some glimmer of success that he could have hired. He had Bates who was a player favorite and who also had some proof of success in his past. However in the end he hired a coach who's biggest claim to fame was last season's last ranked offense. But it does'nt stop there. He brings in a coach with a new blocking scheme that will take a few yrs to learn, especially when you have rookies starting."Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

We need the next 4 games to OUR Bye week to assess the Teams Coaching. Where was the OLD style WCO today, we were promised?

"Now we all know it would be a PR nightmare if TT had told Brett he did'nt want him back. We also know with Brett's competitive nature that he could play another 2 yrs if there was any hope of winning. So if for the sake of arguement, he did'nt want Brett back, surrounding him with a terrible in-experienced team is the next best alternative. Favre is gonna take a beating this season and no way he comes back so TT wins and gets what he wanted. Not to mention the added bonus of those great Picks TT is gonna get next season and beyond. For a draft junkie like TT, it will be heaven." Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

Some poster here explained TT to me, as his ways make diddly sense to (as a selfish Packer fan that's me) that wants to see something for Packer Vets like Green,Favre,Hendo and Franks.

Something called success as in WINS.

Guess my hopes are rather foolish, if not novel.

That poster wrote, that as I was, he was confused - as well.

He endeavoured to help me I believe with his insight into Ted Thompson.True or not? It sure has credibility in Ted Thompsons inactions.

He wrote that when he went to... Ted Thompson being a Draft Junkie it all became more easily understood. Then TT's laisse faire (some may call it. . stupid) attitude makes crystal clear sense.

Then TT's not so hard on the head. woodbuck27

"Now a reasonable person would ask "does'nt TT risk getting fired for making so many bad moves"? Well, look how many fans on this forum that buy the it's ok to rebuild for 3yrs excuse. How many today have said this is to be expected and how exciting it will be to watch this team grow. He's gonna get at least 5 yrs to prove himself so he will have the option to fire MM after next season. We all know MM is in over his head and if you don't know it, watch film of a few other new HC's today like Detroit's and then you'll understand.

In closing, before you dismiss my ramblings as pure folly, realize this. TT did not make one move to help Favre out for this season. In fact he made several moves knowing how much harder they would make things for Brett. No one can make this many stupid moves can they? Think about it. " Packnut

Final Comment woodbuck27:

Packnut:

That post has BALLS !

mmmdk
09-11-2006, 03:08 AM
What TT has been doing, rebuilding through the draft, is NOT a bad thing. TT's just been sloppy with the picks. The 2005 draft class looks like a disaster unless Aaron Rodgers becomes anything. I'm not sold one bit on N.Collins, Poppinga or the rest of the group. Grade D. WR Murphy was a loss though. The jury is still out on the 2006 draft; it looks like a solid B but could go either way. AJ & Jennings looks solid.

Bringing Woodson in for $10 mill when you could get RW McQuaters for less. RW looked better for Giants last night than Woodson. Plus add the whole O-line debacle - it's just not good management. It's Shermy-like GM work.

I like TT but he's of to a bad start for the GB franchise.

Fritz
09-11-2006, 05:40 AM
This is silliness. To suggest that TT's goals are to force Favre to retire and get the highest draft pick possible by deliberately fielding a bad team is nothing but fan frustration.

Settle down, people. Settle down.

]{ilr]3
09-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Here is anouther Big one to toss on the heap.

Packers season still goes badly.

Anouther team contending for a playoff spot has a QB go down before the trade deadline.

TT trades Favre for some draft picks next year thinking he is going to make the next Hershal Walker/Vikings trade and be thought of as a hero if the Packers are great in 2 years.

Brandon494
09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
You dumbasses need to realize we are in a rebuilding mode and learn to be patient. We are NOT an elite team anymore and some of you guys just need to deal with it. TT is trying to clean up the mess that Sherman left here, have you noticed almost all of Sherman's draft picks are no longer on the team? Get a clue and stoping complaining everytime we lose like we are super bowl contenders or something. :crazy:

Lurker64
09-11-2006, 08:37 AM
If I recall correctly, the early years of Mike Holmgren's rein in Seattle the team was really, really disappointing to the fans, and they only developed into a playoff contender slowly, much to the chagrin of the fans.

The only major difference between that situation and this one I see is that Holmgren's probably a better coach than McCarthy.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 08:45 AM
You forgot to blame the 33rd degree Masons and the Trilateral Commission, who are clearly pulling the strings behind the scenes.

If you are going to post conspiracy theories for our entertainment, it must contain two out of the following three elements, according to the Style Guiide for Tin Foil Hat Theories:

1. Masons
2. Trilateral Commission
3. New World Order or One World Government

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
What happened to the good ole days when plain old ineptitude used to satisfy everyones search for a reason?

bbbffl66
09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
If I recall correctly, the early years of Mike Holmgren's rein in Seattle the team was really, really disappointing to the fans, and they only developed into a playoff contender slowly, much to the chagrin of the fans.

The only major difference between that situation and this one I see is that Holmgren's probably a better coach than McCarthy.
Actually, the 'Hawks didn't get really good until TT was gone. Coincidence?

Brandon494
09-11-2006, 09:29 AM

Thats the dumbest statement I think Ive read on this board. One season after he leaves the team goes to the SB, who do you think build that team up to a superbowl contender? It wasn't the GM that was there for one season.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

These arn't stupid mistakes Packnut. TT plans his every move to gain complete control of OUR team. Winning or even doing reasonably well in 2006 are not on TT's agenda.

He has two priorities:

a) attain a good draft position in Aprik 2007.

b) Retire Brett Favre fr. "the Packers" and take back $12 Million to OUR CAP.

" There has been speculation in the media from different sources that TT did not want Favre back. Think back to when Brett was pondering about retirement and made the statement that he'd like to see some effort by the Packers to sign some talent and when that got back to TT and he was asked about it, he stayed silent. Would'nt it have been natural for him to make some kind of positive statement to Brett? Hmmmmmm" Packnut

Comment woodbuck27:

TT's ONLY response was to waste $10 Million on a chilled out over the hill CB in Charles Woodson for one season. After which he releases Charles Woodson to add to the money gained fr. Favre's retirement.
The Seahawks went 9-7, 6-10, 9-7, 7-9 before hitting double digit wins and the playoffs (with regularity, they lost to the Dolphins in Year One of the Big Show, Mike Holmgren)

T2 IS on full rebuilding mode. Just like Seattle, except he doesn't have Holmgren adding more high profile FAs. I don't think he care's about Favre's cap position. He has no plan to match his timetable to Favre's career trajectory.

My question is did T2 make this clear to Harlan and Jones, or are they disappointed too?

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
In support of the idea that we might be rebuilding, you cannot add 23 new players to a roster, most of them rookies and a lot of them starting and not call it rebuilding. They didn't knock down a couple walls and add a coat of paint. They brought in a bulldozer and had a good time. They now have the studs up, just need a little drywall and a good interior decorator. (not to mention a good electrician to turn the lights on)

bbbffl66
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM

Thats the dumbest statement I think Ive read on this board. One season after he leaves the team goes to the SB, who do you think build that team up to a superbowl contender? It wasn't the GM that was there for one season.
No, it was Holmy and Whitsett that got them there.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
What TT has been doing, rebuilding through the draft, is NOT a bad thing. TT's just been sloppy with the picks. The 2005 draft class looks like a disaster unless Aaron Rodgers becomes anything. I'm not sold one bit on N.Collins, Poppinga or the rest of the group. Grade D.
You say you aren't "sold" on Collins or Poppinga, and then give a D.

If you are sure, how can you grade them?

They are in year two, and its really year 1.25 for Poppinga. He didn't even have a full training camp.

Rodgers, Collins, Underwood, Coston, Poppinga and Montgomery are all still here. No Pro Bowls yet, but its way to early to write it off. Grading it now is foolish, IMHO.

I think McGinn hit the nail on the head when he asked M3 if he had any say in getting such a young team, or in signing any vet FAs on waivers. Do you think Thompson gave M3 a three year contract so he could offer a new coach the chance to take over an young and talented team?

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
What happened to the good ole days when plain old ineptitude used to satisfy everyones search for a reason?

:mrgreen:

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Nice conspiracy theory but I have a hard time beleving that TT purposefully screwed up the whole organization to get Favre to leave.

And no way will TT be given a 5 year leash if he continues to trot this product out onto the field. It wouldn't be tolerated.

I just want to point out . . make it perfectly clear.

That I'm NOT into establishing or even alluding to any "Conspiracy theory".

PLEASE.

I don't have a style of alluding to anything as weak as a theory that can't be properly supported.

I rather try to establish " THE FACTS ", based on support of factual information that may be gleened by OUR GM, Ted Thompson's actions and inactions.

I somehow stayed with that game thread yesterday, and posted nothing but . . .FACTS. What went down, that actually was recorded as happening.

I went to bed last night "in some shock" at the way we played against the BEARS.

One or two posters here are actually amused... that Packer fans (as they are) would actually have some REAL faith in a Packer win in Game 1. They are amused that posters here could want and hope for a win Vs. da Bears.

That's pathetic to ever admit... in my view and personality. It's as close to mocking arrogance, as I can stand... without exploding. I won't allow that type... the arrogant fool (type) of person/personality... that POWER over me.

NOT HERE !! To get angry here is pointless...fruitless and not satisfactory.

Yet ! I gurantee this. I a REAL sense.

Man to man. Face to face... if any Packer fan ever mocked me or any other Packer fan (up front and personal) for actually having hope/faith in a Packer victory.

I would be severly challenged . :mrgreen: