PDA

View Full Version : Interesting provision in McCray trade

Patler
09-01-2019, 01:29 AM
I've seen provisions like this in NBA trades, but not so much in the NFL. At best, the Packers aren't getting much and may get nothing at all.

The Browns get McCray and the lower of the two regular 7th round draft picks held by the Packers and Browns next spring. The Packers get the higher of the two draft picks. So, if the Packers finish with a worse record than the Browns, they get nothing from the trade. If they have a better record, they move up in the 7th round.

Bretsky
09-01-2019, 07:32 AM
I've seen provisions like this in NBA trades, but not so much in the NFL. At best, the Packers aren't getting much and may get nothing at all.

The Browns get McCray and the lower of the two regular 7th round draft picks held by the Packers and Browns next spring. The Packers get the higher of the two draft picks. So, if the Packers finish with a worse record than the Browns, they get nothing from the trade. If they have a better record, they move up in the 7th round.

Read that this morning. Crazy shit.

Is that called a "favor" trade ?

no guarantee Cleveland gets him on waivers so instead they give up nothing to get him

Joemailman
09-01-2019, 08:10 AM
The only thing I can see the Packers getting out of this is that they control where McCray ends up. If they cut McCray, perhaps Bears sign him and get some info on Packers new offense? Just speculating.

mraynrand
09-01-2019, 09:14 AM
The only thing I can see the Packers getting out of this is that they control where McCray ends up. If they cut McCray, perhaps Bears sign him and get some info on Packers new offense? Just speculating.

that and they do their buds in Cleveland a favor that can be returned. It's good to have friends in the other conference.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2019, 10:06 AM
A similar trade was made a couple of days ago. I thought Cleveland was involved in that trade also.

pbmax
09-01-2019, 11:47 AM
The old Wolf-Parcells waiver wire.

Bretsky
09-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Great Point here; never hurts to have buds. Maybe someday Cleveland will give us past considerations for taking Kizer :)

gbgary
09-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Great Point here; never hurts to have buds. Maybe someday Cleveland will give us past considerations for taking Kizer :)

yup.

pbmax
09-01-2019, 08:58 PM

This perhaps reminds me of something. Did Parcells and Wolf used to trade for considerations (past and future)?

And then the NFL said no more of that and it become a 7th round pick?

smuggler
09-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Since we might have just traded our 7th for Goodson, does that mean we get a 7th and the Browns get nothing? ��

Patler
09-02-2019, 10:29 PM
This perhaps reminds me of something. Did Parcells and Wolf used to trade for considerations (past and future)?

And then the NFL said no more of that and it become a 7th round pick?

Yup.

pbmax
09-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Since we might have just traded our 7th for Goodson, does that mean we get a 7th and the Browns get nothing? ��

That deal is still on. Goodson involved the Ravens pick for Montgomery.