PDA

View Full Version : I'm having troulbe understanding how an inexperienced coach

Packers4Glory
09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
and staff is a good thing to develope a bunch of inexperienced players. They have no track record of being able to develope players much less a whole roster of young talent.

Today's gameplan looked like total shiit. They played scared. they looked scared to try and move the ball agaisnt the defense that frankly didn't look all that super aside from the Packers calling stupid plays stalling drives.

I saw like one slant all day. Few quick passes and play action. The coaching left alot to be desired. And I'm already hearing how Favre is killing the team, when he did nothing wrong. They got in a hole and left Favre to do nothing by try some miracle comeback. The offense I think could have moved the ball and scored in the 1st half but that was about as bad of playcalling as I'd seen in a long long time.

Partial
09-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Mike Sherman was equally inexperienced. So was his staff.

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
and staff is a good thing to develope a bunch of inexperienced players. They have no track record of being able to develope players much less a whole roster of young talent.

Today's gameplan looked like total shiit. They played scared. they looked scared to try and move the ball agaisnt the defense that frankly didn't look all that super aside from the Packers calling stupid plays stalling drives.

I saw like one slant all day. Few quick passes and play action. The coaching left alot to be desired. And I'm already hearing how Favre is killing the team, when he did nothing wrong. They got in a hole and left Favre to do nothing by try some miracle comeback. The offense I think could have moved the ball and scored in the 1st half but that was about as bad of playcalling as I'd seen in a long long time.

I'll try to analyze the play calling tomorrow.

Something stinks.

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I guess TT should have hired Marv Levy.

Packers4Glory
09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
yeah Sherman was, and look what he got us. a bunch of crappy signings. I'm just not understanding the logic of hiring someone w/ like MM to run this team, instead of atleast some established O or D cordinator w/ a trach record of success.

To me it looked like they were scared. It was the worst playcalling I've seen. Brett at the end of the half was like "what the hell are we doing". they weren't trying to hurry up and force the tempo and get a score. They were happy running the clock down and setting up a retarded 53yd try for the new kicker. :crazy:

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 12:44 AM
"Something Stinks " It's that cheese on your head going bad ? LOL

GO BEARS !

Packers4Glory
09-11-2006, 12:45 AM

GO BEARS ! I love how bear fans are so cocky. I guess its true that no chicago fan knows how to handle success.

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2006, 05:04 AM

GO BEARS !

chicago fans are notoriously sore winners. but they really can't help it; they don't have many consistent winners in chicago.

GBRulz
09-11-2006, 05:08 AM
Isn't every coach inexperienced at one point? While I was not impressed with M3's coaching debut, ya gotta give the guy a chance. Let's see what he can turn around and do differently about next week.

And face it....Chicago came out ready to play, they look good out there. You can't take that away from them.

Fritz
09-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Actually, I liked the game plan. Did you all prefer Shermy's plan, which was to have Favre throw the ball fifty plus times? MM needed to try to keep the game close, and running the ball was the only way. He actually got this team into several third and short situations early in the game. It was the lack of execution on those plays that hurt, not the calls.

The team also seemed slightly more disciplined than Shermy's teams. Slightly.

mraynrand
09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Actually, I liked the game plan. Did you all prefer Shermy's plan, which was to have Favre throw the ball fifty plus times? MM needed to try to keep the game close, and running the ball was the only way. He actually got this team into several third and short situations early in the game. It was the lack of execution on those plays that hurt, not the calls.

What is you metric for gauging discipline?
He got the team into several third and short situations? And what did he do - he ran the weakest part of his team (the interior O-line) against the Bears' strength (D-line). On both short plays he failed to use the flanker option with his best players (Favre and Driver) playing catch. Favre's first two tosses were compltions for 42 yards. He completed all 5 passes in the first half. You didn't like Sherman's passing last year? At least they were able to move the ball and stay in games. The Packers were never in the game yesterday. That has to be one of the worst offensive performances I've witnessed since we played the '85 Bears. And a lot of it was due to putting a governor on the best players, Favre and Driver.

Somehow, Sherman was able to protect Favre somewhat with crappy linemen and gain a lot of yards with Noah Herron as his top RB and Chatman, Thurman, and Donald Lee as his WRs behind Driver. The offensive scheme yesterday, and the disconnect with what was happening on the field was absurd

mission
09-11-2006, 12:17 PM

He got the team into several third and short situations? And what did he do - he ran the weakest part of his team (the interior O-line) against the Bears' strength (D-line). On both short plays he failed to use the flanker option with his best players (Favre and Driver) playing catch. Favre's first two tosses were compltions for 42 yards. He completed all 5 passes in the first half. You didn't like Sherman's passing last year? At least they were able to move the ball and stay in games. The Packers were never in the game yesterday. That has to be one of the worst offensive performances I've witnessed since we played the '85 Bears. And a lot of it was due to putting a governor on the best players, Favre and Driver.

Somehow, Sherman was able to protect Favre somewhat with crappy linemen and gain a lot of yards with Noah Herron as his top RB and Chatman, Thurman, and Donald Lee as his WRs behind Driver. The offensive scheme yesterday, and the disconnect with what was happening on the field was absurd

i agree with that 100%. i could not believe they only passed the ball 5 times in the first half. i hated sherman as much as anyone and all the picks last year were horrible, but we actually had a chance to win some of those games that we lost. yesterday there was no chance as there was no desire to change up the gameplan and go with what was working.

it was horrible... embarassing being out in public, obviously a packers fan.

piss.

poor.

PlantPage55
09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Technically it was 8 pass attempts, but he was sacked thrice!!!
Just being technical :)

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I guess TT should have hired Marv Levy.

I was thinking Joe Paterno.

Zool
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Im sure Jerry Burns is around somewhere out of work. He has experience.

bbbffl66
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM

Keep the game close? Shermy's team kept them close last year. Twice. It looked as if the Packers were scared and playing not to lose. I would have preferred some agressiveness other than a fake punt.

retailguy
09-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Mike Sherman was equally inexperienced. So was his staff.

The majority of the players were not inexperienced. not a fair comparison to either coach

Ballboy
09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm just as mad as the rest of you from yesterdays showing.

But a few things I thought were good, one of which was the game plan. I felt we needed to be able to run the ball vs. a good Bears run defense....we did that. M3 kept the TE in on most plays to protect Brett...I wish a few times he would've sent him out to keep the D honest.....the fake punt took guts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we were on our own end of the field and not converting would've been big trouble.

The big problem was the defensive game-plan. Same as last year, we got no pressure on the QB, Woodson looked terrible, and Manuel maybe able to stop the run, but someone please tell him he has to stop the pass as well!!!

The only way we will win games is running the ball, then complete the run play on third down to convert. The Brett sneak was the only questionable call.

bbbffl66
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
The only way we will win games is running the ball, then complete the run play on third down to convert.

Are you related to Barry Alvarez?

Fritz
09-11-2006, 02:33 PM

I understand your point but don't agree. When MM ran on third down, he was doing just what he'd said in the pre-season - trying to establish the run as the basis for the offense. I don't agree that, yesterday, the interior of the line was the weakest part of that line. None of it was much good, but he did in fact try to run Green behind Clifton on one of those third downs, and Green got stuffed.

You also make the assumption that if Favre had been flinging the ball around the game would have been closer. You use last year's games as evidence - does this suggest that Favre's interceptions didn't play into those losses?

We're just not going to agree, I think. I liked the conservative game plan. I thought it was the right approach. It didn't work, but I do not believe flinging the ball around would have worked either. Favre did, in fact, get sacked on three of the eight pass calls in the first half.