PDA

View Full Version : Dan's Dialogue

Partial
09-11-2006, 12:54 AM
A few things...

Michael Vick is going to have a good year. I don't care about stats, I care about wins. Today, he dominated that game despite a "subpar" passing performance. If he can do what he did against one of the premiere defenses in the league consistently, Atlanta will be a team to beat.

Donavon McNabb sure is an underrated quarterback. Remember, this cat took a team to the NFC Championship as the only offensive weapon two years in a row before TO. Last year, the team fell apart because their leader was playing with an injury that required surgery. Eventually, he couldn't take it anymore and had the surgery. The Eagles are well-coached and they are always strong up front defensively, and that is why I picked them weeks ago to win the NFC East and take the NFL by surprise.

Kellen Winslow is going to be one of the best players in the leaugue, very, very soon.

Byron Leftwich is the toughest player in the game outside of Brett Favre.

I drafted the Cincinatti and Dallas defenses in Fantasy Football. Last night at around 2am, I decided to bench Cincinatti against the offensive powerhouse in KC, and elected to play Dallas against the "receiverless" Jaguars. Low and behold, That Cincinatti defense had 13 points. How many did Dallas have? 3.

Reggie Bush is going to be ridiculous. He can do a little bit of everything, and that is HOT. I wish he was a Packer.

Laurence Maroney is gonna be great.

Chad Johnson - Oregon State
Terrell Owens - Chattenuga
Steve Smith - Utah
Randy Moss - Marshall
Larry Fitzgerald - Pittsburg
Torry Holt - North Carolina State

notice a pattern? None of these schools could be considered perennial college football power houses. These guys all had to carry their offense. Does this mean Calvin Johnson is likely to be a star since he actually has to carry the load himself at GT?

Quick counterpoint
Charles Rodgers
Koren Robinson

Rob Marinelli's Lions looked very assignment sure. They might not have a lot of stars there, but those guys looked like they could and would compete and fight with anyone. They looked agressive and unafraid. I was very impressed with them defensively. Offensively, well, lets just say I have Roy Williams on my fantasy team and that 3 points didn't get me a victory this week. Same can be said for my boy Kitna and KJ, another player I wanted in FF.

Tony Moll looked better than Clifton. The M3g470|\| (yes, i'm a dork)

Javon Walker dropped a few balls and had a bad game. So what, by week 15 he will be a top 10 receiver in the league and Denver will have gotten a steal. Likewise, we will have found a good player (not great) in Jennings.

Brady Poppinga is overrated and a liability against the pass. However, he is the best Blitzing LB so he has to be in on 3rd downs. I like Hawk and Pop in the third down nickel.

Why is MM a dink? 'cause he only follows half his word. Yes, they were committed to the run, but what happened to the West Coast passing game? I saw very few three step drops and slants (which happen to be Drivers speciality in my opinion). Consequently, I saw very few points on the scoreboard for the Packers.

Eli had two good chances to win it tonight and blew it. I am convinced Mannings just don't have "it" when the pressure is on. Peyton does the same thing often when coming back from behind.

ESPN's Rachel Nichols annoys me. But I'd hit it, hard.

Donte Stallworth finally has a chance to be a number 1. In his 5th season, I'll think he'll do fine in that roll. By the end of the year, I expect him to be the 2nd best target McNabb has ever had behind TO.

That's all for now. Post comments, Critiques, whatever. I'll respond.