PDA

View Full Version : Egotists and Egoists - Queens (Week 2)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-16-2019, 05:46 AM
Egoists (losers):

LeFleur - Game plan became stale and inefficient after the scripted plays...Kept Allison in the game after his momentum-annihilating fumble, eerily, in an act of McCarthyism (accountability?)...And also in an act of McCarthyism, the offense failed to harmonize in-game...How about a trick play to wake up a fruitless offense?

Allison - This sloth is NOT an NFL WR...Period...Would be cut by 31 other NFL teams and the Houston Roughnecks of the XFL...Fumble annihilated the Great Arm of Butte's fragile rhythm, along with all the physics of momentum in the known universe...Couldn't move the stick to save an impotent peacock in Antarctica.

Gutekunst: Rooks Metcalf, Brown and Hardman thus far this season, combined: 17 catches, 336 yards, 2 touchdowns; Sloth, Davis, MVS, Kum: 14-136-1...German Shepherd had his pick of the litter, but took a fucking center instead.

Egotists (winners):

Jones - Slashed through some holes and found a few daylight...Got (compulsive?) gambler JustinHarrell paid...Should be noted that the Packer offense has been out of sync playing (or trying to play) smashmouth futbol...And the Queens scored only 16 points with their horny rushing attack, and lost...This ain't 1966...Want to be as potent as the NE Pats offensively? Get your GOAT QB some receiving WMDs!

Alexander - Dropped a pick and didn't exactly shutdown Thielen, but given that the great white shark was averaging something like 200 yards receiving per game against the Pack, a well done job...Diggs bomb was King's fuck up; credit for racing from across the universe for an almost pick.

Odds and Ends:

21 Savage injured his leg on the last play of the game; got tangled up with Diggs...T-Will back to the Free and actor Josh Jackson (Dawson's Creek) back in the rye?...Fackrell has gotta be leading the league in missed tackles behind the LOS...Martinez still can't cover; misplayed the Beebe dump and dash...King ain't as good as he thinks he is...Ain't A-Rod's fault; his receivers are wankers.

Radagast
09-16-2019, 06:29 AM
I can just imagine Anti-Polar Bear (an obviously racist handle) being unhappy with with the play in Green Bay's last Super Bowl victory. Complaining about his lot in life and transferring his unhappiness to post seems to be the pattern.

I say build bridges instead of trying to destroy them. Also, If your unhappy with your situation in life, then put forth the effort to achieve better. If your stuck flipping burgers, go back to school and improve yourself. Stop bitching because all your qualified for is to flip burgers. The only one keeping anyone down is themselves (excluding the sick and disabled).

Finally, I see GB progressively getting better with each game. Mistakes, errors, and bad luck are and have been a part of the game. How a team reacts/deals with adversity is the measure of a quality team. Yes GB did start fast against the Vikings and the GB defense held on to secure the win. GB's offense will continue to improve moving forward.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-16-2019, 06:54 AM
I can just imagine Anti-Polar Bear (an obviously racist handle) being unhappy with with the play in Green Bay's last Super Bowl victory. Complaining about his lot in life and transferring his unhappiness to post seems to be the pattern.

I say build bridges instead of trying to destroy them. Also, If your unhappy with your situation in life, then put forth the effort to achieve better. If your stuck flipping burgers, go back to school and improve yourself. Stop bitching because all your qualified for is to flip burgers. The only one keeping anyone down is themselves (excluding the sick and disabled).

Finally, I see GB progressively getting better with each game. Mistakes, errors, and bad luck are and have been a part of the game. How a team reacts/deals with adversity is the measure of a quality team. Yes GB did start fast against the Vikings and the GB defense held on to secure the win. GB's offense will continue to improve moving forward.

Long story short, Todd is nicknamed the Polar Bear. He loved to hibernated during free agency and the season as he awaited the births of wally rookies in late April. I saw that incompetent draft and develop bullshit from the very start. Was the first Pack fan to call for Todd's head, a mere 2 months after his reign of incompetence started. Todd single-handily cost Pack a glorious dynasty.

How the fuck is "Anti-Polar Bear" racist? Species-ist, sure. Racist, no fucking way. I hold humble bachelor's in accounting and economics. Passed the CPAs. Capitalists won't hire me.

You can't fix the lack of "kung fu" (talent) at WR unless you upgrade the position. Allison, MVS, Kum, Davis, Graham ain't gonna morph into Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Cobb, J-Mike as the season progresses. They just ain't - lack of kung fu (Jimmy G did have kung fu once upon a fucking time).

Remember when Rodgers had an assassinic quick release? Ain't a coincidence that he was also throwing to Wu-Tang receivers.

Vincenzo
09-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Packers certainly haven’t been world beaters and actually looked lousy during the 2nd half of the Vikings game. However, defeating 2 divisional opponents to go 2-0 is hard to bitch about. The team is far from perfect but as fans right now we should probably be looking at the bright side. It’s a long season.

RashanGary
09-16-2019, 07:45 AM
I begrudgedly admit, apb is making sense and even on my points on contention, I might be the one in error at the moment, specifically the Alexander/king comparison.

I’m still in the process of collecting information there. Glad we have both. Alexander looks like the savvy one and King maybe a touch more physically gifted with that length.

Metcalf does look good. His perceived stiffness isn’t looking like the problem some of us thought it would be

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 08:12 AM
...German Shepherd had his pick of the litter, but took a fucking center instead.

Egotists (winners):

Jones - Slashed through some holes and found a few daylight...

Elgton Jenkins back in at left guard and #Packers peel off a quick 11 yard gain to that side. Some explosive runs when the rookie is in there....

- Jim Owczarski

As I said yesterday, this guy belongs in there. He seems to never get pushed around. Tremendous anchor. A little confidence and coaching and he'll be their go-to guy for Jones or Williams to follow on 3rd and 1 drive blocks. Taylor should get used to the Packer bench. (Not to say Taylor had a miserable day or anything. He did OK, but Jenkins will be better)

pbmax
09-16-2019, 08:17 AM
Elgton Jenkins back in at left guard and #Packers peel off a quick 11 yard gain to that side. Some explosive runs when the rookie is in there....

- Jim Owczarski

As I said yesterday, this guy belongs in there. He seems to never get pushed around. Tremendous anchor. A little confidence and coaching and he'll be their go-to guy for Jones or Williams to follow on 3rd and 1 drive blocks. Taylor should get used to the Packer bench. (Not to say Taylor had a miserable day or anything. He did OK, but Jenkins will be better)

I missed that. Were they rotating or did Taylor get hurt?

Tank, are you sure about Savage?

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 08:18 AM

I think they were rotating, because Taylor blocked for Jones' 13 yarder on the final drive.

pbmax
09-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Dammit. Savage in a boot.

Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
·
15h
Not only was Raven Greene injured today but Darnell Savage walked out of the locker room in a boot. Could be merely precautionary - who knows.

Radagast
09-16-2019, 08:25 AM
How the fuck is "Anti-Polar Bear" racist? Species-ist, sure. Racist, no fucking way. I hold humble bachelor's in accounting and economics. Passed the CPAs. Capitalists won't hire me.

As a Polar Bear is white and many of your post do betray your racist views, it does not surprise me to read that profitable companies would just not trust in you. Also I suspect that your degree was acquired at an institution that most would have to go and look up online. In addition, CPAs are being earned by many every year, it's your fault if you can't succeed in the interview process. Companies don't just hire number crunchers, they want employees that will add their positive personalities to their team. You don't come off as a team player, too much Ego.

Assuming that all know who your "Todd" is and expecting people to understand your housing project speak is too ethnic. Clear English may not be cool to you, but the idea is to communicate your message, and you don't. I imagine you do the same thing in job interviews and it does not help you.

As for your criticism of the Packers, it's not instant pudding, it will take time for the new system to work passed the opening scripted plays. However with 2 Wins and both in the NFC North Division, I'm pleased as I thought that they might open the season with 1 loss at this point. 2 Wins is great and could provide a cushion should Lady Luck take a "short" vacation.

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 08:30 AM
As a Polar Bear is white and many of your post do betray your racist views, it does not surprise me to read that profitable companies would just not trust in you. Also I suspect that your degree was acquired at an institution that most would have to go and look up online. In addition, CPAs are being earned by many every year, it's your fault if you can't succeed in the interview process. Companies don't just hire number crunchers, they want employees that will add their positive personalities to their team. You don't come off as a team player, too much Ego.

Assuming that all know who your "Todd" is and expecting people to understand your housing project speak is too ethnic. Clear English may not be cool to you, but the idea is to communicate your message, and you don't. I imagine you do the same thing in job interviews and it does not help you.

Piss off.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-16-2019, 08:53 AM

I rewatched the entire game in about 30 minutes on the NFL's shitty GamePass server. Saw Savage tangled up with Diggs after Diggs' desperate literal.

Maybe it's time to trade for the FitzMagic?

bobblehead
09-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Dammit. Savage in a boot.

Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
·
15h
Not only was Raven Greene injured today but Darnell Savage walked out of the locker room in a boot. Could be merely precautionary - who knows.

BRING BLACK IRISHMAN FITZPATRICK!!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-16-2019, 09:39 AM

As for your criticism of the Packers, it's not instant pudding, it will take time for the new system to work passed the opening scripted plays. However with 2 Wins and both in the NFC North Division, I'm pleased as I thought that they might open the season with 1 loss at this point. 2 Wins is great and could provide a cushion should Lady Luck take a "short" vacation.

lol

Anti-Polar Bear
09-16-2019, 10:14 AM

- Jim Owczarski

The talent gap between Jenkins and Taylor ain't as titanic as the talent gap between Allison, and, say, Metcalf. Still should've drafted a WR in the 2nd, specifically, Metcalf instead of the fucking center.

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 10:19 AM
The talent gap between Jenkins and Taylor ain't as titanic as the talent gap between Allison, and, say, Metcalf. Still should've drafted a WR in the 2nd, specifically, Metcalf instead of the fucking center.

You may be right about that. I think that Jenkins pick could pay dividends in protecting the franchise long term though, especially since he can play all there interior positions. Packers are pretty well covered against injury inside.

Fritz
09-16-2019, 10:57 AM
Packers certainly haven’t been world beaters and actually looked lousy during the 2nd half of the Vikings game. However, defeating 2 divisional opponents to go 2-0 is hard to bitch about. The team is far from perfect but as fans right now we should probably be looking at the bright side. It’s a long season.

Given it's an entirely new offensive system, and given that the offense has looked good in short spurts, there is reason for hope. That, and if they can escape a serious Savage injury, they are still healthy after two games...

They do need some talent at wide receiver, that's for sure. But that'll wait until the next draft. Jenkins looks like a damn good pick. No need to second guess that one.

Will be interesting to see the Denver game. That's another good defense.

Smidgeon
09-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Given it's an entirely new offensive system, and given that the offense has looked good in short spurts, there is reason for hope. That, and if they can escape a serious Savage injury, they are still healthy after two games...

They do need some talent at wide receiver, that's for sure. But that'll wait until the next draft. Jenkins looks like a damn good pick. No need to second guess that one.

Will be interesting to see the Denver game. That's another good defense.

To that point, I have no idea how they ranked last year or will rank this year, but the Bears, Vikings, and Broncos defenses have got to be three of the best in the NFL. Getting the first two wins ain't bad at all. Now next week there's a chance against another good D.

MadtownPacker
09-16-2019, 11:36 AM

Man you need to read up on your PackerRats history. APB meant "Ted" as in Thompson. Polar bear is because he hid from free agency and his hair color I believe. But you are just trolling based on what I highlighted from your post. If not you are the racist one.

The funny shit is that all these experts here gave APB shit about it way back then only to pretty much start singing the same tune a few years ago!

My bad on my fooked up Ingles. I grew up hablando dos idiomas.

run pMc
09-16-2019, 11:37 AM
You may be right about that. I think that Jenkins pick could pay dividends in protecting the franchise long term though, especially since he can play all there interior positions. Packers are pretty well covered against injury inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtTZKNMO0Y

He J'Mon'd his TD, but yeah I like how SEA is using him and how he fits in their offense. I'm not sure he would work the same in GB. The Jenkins pick is all about depth and the long-term, which makes sense for how Gute is roster building now that FA is actually a thing again.
I thought Jenkins played pretty good, and Taylor had a better day than vs. CHI. IF they don't protect Rodgers, he won't be able to throw to WR's, sloths or no.

Fritz
09-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Hey, I'm not racist! I have lots of black friends!

:-|

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 11:42 AM
The funny shit is that all these experts here gave APB shit about it way back then only to pretty much start singing the same tune a few years ago!

I don't think the TT strategy failed so much as TT's health failed him. From dust ye come and to dust ye shall return. And miss some draft picks along the way.

pbmax
09-16-2019, 11:47 AM

Because, like wist, he sings the same tune month after month. You do that long enough and people pass an ordnance moving you off the street corner.

Here, APB stuck around long enough for his broken clock to be right.

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 11:48 AM
Hey, I'm not racist! I have lots of black friends!

:-|

Mr. Robinson doesn't count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MDCH-W2WU

hoosier
09-16-2019, 11:53 AM

Are you forgetting that Allison looked positively respectable last season before he got hurt? The sloth line gets old quickly when you consider the slow guys who have had success at the position in recent years. Anquan Boldin comes to mind. Judging from 40 times, Allison is a hair faster than Keenan Allen. Give the new offense till second half of October before deciding that it's broken or that it needs replacement parts--parts you couldn't afford with your University of Phoenix degree. :-)

pbmax
09-16-2019, 12:38 PM
I was disappointed by both Allison and MVS (esp. GMo) for not fighting for yardage more effectively after contact.

MadtownPacker
09-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Because, like wist, he sings the same tune month after month. You do that long enough and people pass an ordnance moving you off the street corner.

Here, APB stuck around long enough for his broken clock to be right.
The Wist comparison fails because APB doesn’t think everyone sucks!

APB has always stated that TT’s tightwad way of running the team would fail to capitalize on the talent already in place, first with Favre then Rodgers. How many here now feel that there should have been more than one SB run during Thompson's time? I sure as hell do.

But don’t get it twisted, APB/Tank is a fucking jackass of the highest order. Guess that’s why he fits in here... :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-16-2019, 04:13 PM
I don't think the TT strategy failed so much as TT's health failed him. From dust ye come and to dust ye shall return. And miss some draft picks along the way.Stress causes health failure so yeah his shit picks and whack FA signings stressed him out.

George Cumby
09-16-2019, 04:20 PM

Jesus Christ, Woody. Put down the Ambien.

George Cumby
09-16-2019, 04:29 PM
Stress causes health failure so yeah his shit picks and whack FA signings stressed him out.

His head coach totally phukking up a championship game and trip to the show is probably what caused the most stress.

mraynrand
09-16-2019, 04:36 PM
How many here now feel that there should have been more than one SB run during Thompson's time? I sure as hell do.

There were really four legit runs: 2007, 2010, 2011, and 2014. 7/11 they just got beat by a better team and '14 is on them. Four SBs would have been epic, but it was not to be.

pbmax
09-16-2019, 04:56 PM
The Wist comparison fails because APB doesn’t think everyone sucks!

APB has always stated that TT’s tightwad way of running the team would fail to capitalize on the talent already in place, first with Favre then Rodgers. How many here now feel that there should have been more than one SB run during Thompson's time? I sure as hell do.

But don’t get it twisted, APB/Tank is a fucking jackass of the highest order. Guess that’s why he fits in here... :lol:

Any scheme will eventually fail. Unless you are BeliCheat.

hoosier
09-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Jesus Christ, Woody. Put down the Ambien.

I am relieved to know that somebody else has spotted the resemblance.

Joemailman
09-16-2019, 05:52 PM
LaFleur was a winner. Came up with a game plan to start that made one of the best defenses in the NFL look foolish for quite a while. After the Vikings made some adjustments there were some execution problems that hampered the offense. Not LaFleur's fault that Allison fumbled/Rodgers didn't know it was 4th down/Rodgers underthrew Jones/Adams and MVS had drops. And when things got tight in the 4th quarter he didn't panic and abandon the run game.

MadtownPacker
09-16-2019, 06:33 PM
I am relieved to know that somebody else has spotted the resemblance.You and Georgio should stick to solving Dateline episodes mysteries. It is common knowledge that Woody hated everything about TT.

Shit, I just did a double take on the posting style. You aholes might be right. Should I start checking to see if we have a duplicate account?

Joemailman
09-16-2019, 06:36 PM
You and Georgio should stick to solving Dateline episodes mysteries. It is common knowledge that Woody hated everything about TT.

Shit, I just did a double take on the posting style. You aholes might be right. Should I start checking to see if we have a duplicate account?

Maybe Woody and Mrs. Woody made a Little Woody.

Cleft Crusty
09-16-2019, 07:37 PM

Might be a good idea.

George Cumby
09-16-2019, 07:59 PM
You and Georgio should stick to solving Dateline episodes mysteries. It is common knowledge that Woody hated everything about TT.

Shit, Ese, let's pass the slow moving traffic, shall we?

George Cumby
09-16-2019, 08:00 PM
Might be a good idea.

ROFLMAO

Joemailman
09-16-2019, 08:07 PM
Might be a good idea.

Hey Cleft, what do you think should be done to the thousands of Packer season ticket holders who sold their tickets to Viking fans?

red
09-16-2019, 10:22 PM
. I grew up hablando dos idiomas.

take that shit back to your side of the wall please