PDA

View Full Version : JIMMY GRAHAM----IS IT TIME TO CALL FOR HIS DAGGER ?????????????

Bretsky
09-17-2019, 09:59 PM
As many of you know I have opinions about everything and I'm not afraid to be wrong

I like the Jimmy Graham signing. We had not Tight End, and the way I looked at it was we took the money saved by not signing Jordy and funneled it to Graham.

In retrospect I think Jordy Nelson would have helped us more than Jimmy Graham last year.

But I had the blind faith. I took Jimmy Graham in my expensive NY FF Auction League on the cheap. He let me know Chronic Knee pain and he didn't look much faster than Dick the Plodder Rodgers, one of ThanksTeds famous third round draft picks.

All of last year my son and I jokingly would chant THROW THE BALL TO JIMMY only to be disappointed over and over and over. It was clear he could no longer beat a LB in coverage, and he could no longer jump and go up and get the ball.

But dammit it was the knee. And I bought into that this year. Year 2, in the auction I kept the blind faith and once again took JIMMY on the cheap when nobody else wanted him for $2. of the $1040 we had to spend. Surely Jimmy with his health back, could improve on last year, and maybe catch 4-5 balls per game and improve on his yardage.

But my old TE Jimmy looks DONE.

He still looks slow, he's not getting open, and then only times he gets balls is when the defense forgot to cover him.

It's to the point where I probably should cut my bud Jimmy in favor of Chris Herndon, who is suspended for drug use and / or Will Frickin Dissley

What say you Rats ? Is it time to put a dagger on my old bud Jimmy ?

Robert Tovan looks faster and appears to run better routes, or at least get open.

And Mercedes Lewis can block

Is Jimmy's success over ?

RashanGary
09-17-2019, 10:14 PM
I want to give it a couple more weeks. I keep hanging on to hope

bobblehead
09-17-2019, 10:33 PM
JH/RG, I know you will remember me begging to sign Jimmy Graham because what we really need is a TE who can't block, but others on this board might recall I hated the signing about as much as I have ever hated a move. I did mention that since Fat M3 didn't realize TE should be able to BOTH block AND catch this might work out....even my sliver of optimism was shot down.

texaspackerbacker
09-17-2019, 10:43 PM
The TE to get rid of is Lewis.

Graham looked good in the preseason in limited snaps. He was ok against the Bears, then he kinda disappeared against the Vikings. BFD; Different teams' D gear up to stop different thing. That may have a lot to do with Graham not doing much. As for not blocking, I suspect that is an overrated if not outright false idea.

It's way too soon to start complaining about Graham and talking about getting rid of him.

wist43
09-17-2019, 10:52 PM
Graham is fine. I think we're solid at TE... Lewis is a good player.

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 12:06 AM
Graham did tie for the 4th most receptions as a TE for a single season in Packer history. And was 9th in yards. So it’s not like he was total shit, even injured.

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 12:07 AM
JH/RG, I know you will remember me begging to sign Jimmy Graham because what we really need is a TE who can't block, but others on this board might recall I hated the signing about as much as I have ever hated a move. I did mention that since Fat M3 didn't realize TE should be able to BOTH block AND catch this might work out....even my sliver of optimism was shot down.

I earned that :lol:

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 12:19 AM
When I'm more ambitious I'm going to look up the game by game analysis. It seemed like he has one or two games and a bunch of subpar ones. And the last quater of the season it really seemed like AROD gave him a lot of opportunities to make plays and it was just failure. He looks so slow right now. I thought coming off the knee injury he's be able to run away form the LB's and get open vs safeties. Just doensn't seem to be happening

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 07:23 AM
I enjoy watching a 6’ 6” TE try and field throws targeted below his knees on a three yard flat route.

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 07:24 AM
The thread title needs at least one more question mark. Dr Evil’s father gets a quarter every time you use one.

run pMc
09-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Graham is one of, if not the highest paid TE's in the league. He's overpaid for his production, and the expectations are unrealistically high.
I give him credit for playing through injuries, but he's not been the second option to Adams the offense needs.

That said, I think this is his last year in Green Bay. He'll either play one more season and quietly move on, or sign with NE and go barnstorming thru the AFC East.

bobblehead
09-18-2019, 11:47 AM
The TE to get rid of is Lewis.

Graham looked good in the preseason in limited snaps. He was ok against the Bears, then he kinda disappeared against the Vikings. BFD; Different teams' D gear up to stop different thing. That may have a lot to do with Graham not doing much. As for not blocking, I suspect that is an overrated if not outright false idea.

It's way too soon to start complaining about Graham and talking about getting rid of him.

Do you watch football?

bobblehead
09-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Graham is fine. I think we're solid at TE... Lewis is a good player.

Who are you....was the old one Wist42 and I just didn't notice you stole his avatar?

bobblehead
09-18-2019, 11:50 AM
I earned that :lol:

And if we can't all laugh together whats the point of packerrats!!! We all earn our share I think.

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 12:17 PM

It's a story of how one terrible misfortune just snowballs. Cook could receive and not block, but he was too 'expensive' even though he HAD JUST GOT IN SYNCH with Rodgers. So they sign Bennett to both block and catch, but he pulls an Antonio Brown before Brown even thinks of it. So they go out and sign Graham, which is like signing Cook, who can't block, except the added bonus is that Graham can't run. So basically they cam e full circle and paid a lot of money for a washed up version of Richard Rodgers who was a total fail grasp pick to replace Finley who could catch, and was actually a willing, albeit less effective blocker. So when the Browns injured Finley in that game way back in 2013, who knew what a total shit show would ensue.

pbmax
09-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Where have you gone, Jeff Thomason,
Titletown turns its lonely eye to you
Woo woo woo

Holy carp! Ed West out caught Jeff Thomason on the Eagles in only 2 years versus Jeff's 4. 7 TDs to 1 though.

gbgary
09-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Packers bring Evan Baylis up from the PS with Graham battling injury. might be a hint that he's on the way out. it would save the Packers $3,750,000.

Fritz
09-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Jimmy Graham is kinda like Aaron Rodgers's therapy dog.

mraynrand
09-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Jimmy Graham is kinda like Aaron Rodgers's therapy dog.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen a therapy dog with a bum knee.

mraynrand
09-19-2019, 01:31 PM
Packers bring Evan Baylis up from the PS with Graham battling injury. might be a hint that he's on the way out. it would save the Packers $3,750,000.

Does Baylis get to be one of the forty-seven team captains once they cut Graham?

RashanGary
09-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Would hate to let Bulaga go based on money when we have Graham on the roster.

RashanGary
09-19-2019, 02:00 PM
Graham, Tramon, and Mercedes are gonna have to go so Bulaga can be the high prices resident old guy.