PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to join the MEA CULPA BUS for TANKDUKE...aka...ANTI POLAR BEAR ?????

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 12:16 AM
Dear Anti Polar Bear,

Please accept my Mea Culpa. While I consider you to be off base in a large percentage of your posts...perhaps nearly all of them... you stated multiple times that the Green Bay Packers should draft an obvious Freak of Nature in DJ METCALF with our First Round Draft Pick.

While the obvious sentiments is that it is too early to judge our draft picks, it's become increasingly apparent that your analysis of DJ Metcalf was spot on. The dude looks like a man among boyz and a WR Stallion as a Rookie. The size and measurable s are there, and up to this point, the dude is using his high end abilities to make plays on the football field.

While perhaps nobody will admit it yet, if the draft were tomorrow at least a few of us (MAYBE FRITZ will come forward and admit it) , myself included, if we had to choose, just might take DJ Metcalf over Rashan Gary without hesitation.

Going into next year, it's pretty obvious to me at least, Green Bay needs to either sign a free agent, or draft a WR or TE very high, because they lack at least one top end playamker on the receiving end of our offense.

That might not be the case had the Packers drafted DJ Metcalf.

Consider this my Mea Culpa to you Anti Polar Bear; I'm right and wrong a lot and I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong. For the early call on DJ Metcalf, I say Hail Anti Polar Bear, who's claim to fame is once shuttting down the great WI Badger WR Darren Charles :))))

So I'm driving the DJ Metcalf Mea Culpa Bus. I'm not sure anybody else will get on board with me................but there's a lot of room for confessions :))))

Cheers All,
Bretsky, the Driver

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 12:31 AM
Me too. I was wrong.

Radagast
09-18-2019, 12:59 AM
Having an opinion on a sports related topic does not require apologies. Apologies on player acquisitions rest with team GMs and HCs. IMO, GB should have taken one of the top available TEs in the 2019 Nfl Draft. It's not "through my fault" that GB choose who they did.

We as forum posters can regret posting an opinion about players or coaches or executives, but it's never the fault of a forum member what decisions that they make.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-18-2019, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the props, Bretsky. :)

Seattle apparently is using Metcalf in the same fashion that the Packers once used Nelson - outside, slot, bombs, back shoulders, scrambling, etc. And with his high football IQ, Metcalf is the perfect WR for A-Rod.

What pisses me off is, Metcalf was still available at the Packers’ pick in the 2nd, and they passed on him for the fucking center. I know y’all are high on Jenkins, but the talent gap between Jenkins and Lane Taylor ain’t as titanic as that of Metcalf and Allison.

Radagast
09-18-2019, 07:04 AM
I've boiled and fumed over past non-draft picks. Some have gone on to be pro bowlers like Houston's LB Benardrick McKinney. There are also those that get all the hype and turn out to be world class BUST, like Tony Mandarich. Others were College All-Stars, but could not step up another level or more as needed. They get cut, or traded, or if lucky end up on the practice squad.

What's done is done, crying over spilled milk serves no purpose. What counts is how you move past the poor decisions/injuries/or bad luck. DJ Metcalf may have been a perfect fit for the Packers, but Seattle has him and most likely will have him for a lot of years to come.

An old saying fits this thread: “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.” Don Meredith

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 07:20 AM
I’m glad you made this thread. It will be easy to find in 2 years when Gary is DPOY, Stromberg is All pro TE and Metcalf is coming off a six month suspension. :)

SudsMcBucky
09-18-2019, 08:24 AM
My only concern with Metcalf coming into the draft is that he was roided up and would fall off a cliff once he hit NFL testing.

ThunderDan
09-18-2019, 08:27 AM
Yup, let's crown Metcalf king after 7 catches in 2 games.

That works out to 56 catches for a 1st round stud WR.

Zool
09-18-2019, 08:29 AM
David Boston looked good for 2 seasons. Metcalf is no David Boston, other than the roids.

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 08:30 AM

He’s a first rounder. Plug and play baby, that’s what fans demand!

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 08:31 AM
David Boston looked good for 2 seasons. Metcalf is no David Boston, other than the roids.

Don’t Look Back.

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 08:37 AM

Those are some selective stats; so let's give the full picture (which is no more or less fair than the above)

HOW MANY yards and TD's would that translate to over a 16 game season ?

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 08:47 AM
An old saying fits this thread: “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.” Don Meredith

Meredith was such an awful QB. In one championship game he barely averaged 2 yards per pass attempt. He was so bad they let the running back throw the ball (Reeves) and he had almost as many yards on one pass as Meredith had the whole game.

In two championship games he had only one TD and a passer rating of about 50.

Don Meredith also threw an NFL championship killing INT in the red zone. If not for him, the super bowl trophy would likely be the Tom Landry Trophy.

Chicago should have drafted Larry Wilson or Carrol Dale instead.

pbmax
09-18-2019, 08:51 AM
No.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-18-2019, 09:03 AM

The Sloth; 4 catches 25 yards, 1 momentum-annihilating fumble.

Yeah, Sloth over Wolverine any day of the fucking week!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-18-2019, 09:10 AM
He’s a first rounder. Plug and play baby, that’s what fans demand!

2nd. German Shepherd passed on the Wolverine 3 times with the Sloth on the roster. MVS is nothing special. Adams & Wankers.

We finally have a Wu-Tang defense, and Gutekunst has done shit about the shitty receiving crops.

ThunderDan
09-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Those are some selective stats; so let's give the full picture (which is no more or less fair than the above)

HOW MANY yards and TD's would that translate to over a 16 game season ?

A bunch, through 2 games anyone in the NFL with 1 TD catch should get 8 TDs over the season. That would include Graham, Allison and J Williams from the Packers.

The YPC is amazing so far through 2 games but SEA has played CIN and PITT to start the season.

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 10:06 AM
2nd. German Shepherd passed on the Wolverine 3 times with the Sloth on the roster. MVS is nothing special. Adams & Wankers.

We finally have a Wu-Tang defense, and Gutekunst has done shit about the shitty receiving crops.

Guided missile is a first rounder. Plug and play, baby!

call_me_ishmael
09-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Seattle has Russell Wilson slinging him the football. Of course he's got good stats. Our guys are stuck with Aaron Rodgers.

*ducks but it's sort of true*

Smidgeon
09-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Whatever happened to waiting three years to judge a draft class? Who cares! Two games is good enough!

Fritz
09-18-2019, 10:47 AM
My only concern with Metcalf coming into the draft is that he was roided up and would fall off a cliff once he hit NFL testing.

I wonder how that testing works in the NFL. Do they test everyone, every year? Random spot-check? I wonder if Metcalf has been tested yet.

mraynrand
09-18-2019, 10:52 AM
I wonder how that testing works in the NFL. Do they test everyone, every year? Random spot-check? I wonder if Metcalf has been tested yet.

His first real test will come against the Rams.

Gotarace
09-18-2019, 11:46 AM
I’m glad you made this thread. It will be easy to find in 2 years when Gary is DPOY, Stromberg is All pro TE and Metcalf is coming off a six month suspension. :)
I'll agree with the Gary point...these guys have thrown him under the bus before his career even started. I remember Aaron the first few preseasons and limited playing time where I was scared shitless at the Thought of Favre not being our QB. Look at what we ended up with. With the overhaul of our Defensive Side of things and Gary learning a completely new position give him a while to adapt to the system.

bobblehead
09-18-2019, 11:56 AM

Receivers often start slow. That would be a very good rookie season. Metcalf landed in the perfect place with Seattle. Funny thing is that I hated him and didn't want him, but then made him the #12 pick in my dynasty draft (rookies only). He looks good so far. Only reason to doubt his future imo is drug testing.

For the record I kinda like the "new" APB. His posts are entertaining. He does his schtick and I don't mind it cuz he ain't flat out trolling like he used to. Props APB.

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 02:31 PM
Guided missile is a first rounder. Plug and play, baby!

I'd prefer a guy with no stats who is having a hard time getting on the playing field

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 02:34 PM
Whatever happened to waiting three years to judge a draft class? Who cares! Two games is good enough!

Reasonable people made that rule :)

Plus, that was before Gooter drafted the most popular guy Packerrates did NOT want in our thread "prior" to the draft.....well...before anyways

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the props, Bretsky. :)

Seattle apparently is using Metcalf in the same fashion that the Packers once used Nelson - outside, slot, bombs, back shoulders, scrambling, etc. And with his high football IQ, Metcalf is the perfect WR for A-Rod.

What pisses me off is, Metcalf was still available at the Packers’ pick in the 2nd, and they passed on him for the fucking center. I know y’all are high on Jenkins, but the talent gap between Jenkins and Lane Taylor ain’t as titanic as that of Metcalf and Allison.

I don't mind giving props, and as yall know this is entertaining for me, so I post controversial stuff and polls to bring debate at time.

You are right; now I don't know if Metcalf is a piece of junk character wise. One of the most talented ILB's ever turned out to be a piece of crap in Odell Thurman.

But if Metcalf is a good human a lot of GM's f'cked up.

Meanwhile we are REALLY short a weapon in the passing game.

Bretsky
09-18-2019, 06:06 PM
I'll agree with the Gary point...these guys have thrown him under the bus before his career even started. I remember Aaron the first few preseasons and limited playing time where I was scared shitless at the Thought of Favre not being our QB. Look at what we ended up with. With the overhaul of our Defensive Side of things and Gary learning a completely new position give him a while to adapt to the system.

I hope you do go back and re post this and Shary Gary turns out to be the second coming of Lawrence Taylor, being the top Edge Rusher in the draft and all.

George Cumby
09-18-2019, 07:58 PM
Having an opinion on a sports related topic does not require apologies.

Ahem.

Agreed.

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 11:02 PM
For the record I kinda like the "new" APB. His posts are entertaining. He does his schtick and I don't mind it cuz he ain't flat out trolling like he used to. Props APB.

Agree. He’s funny, speaks in weird 90s/2000s edgy-pop American culture metaphors, but makes general sense.

I sense apb may watch too much Comedy Central.

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 11:04 PM
Ahem.

Agreed.

It does, however, require correction and lecture by the all knowing :wink:

gbgary
09-19-2019, 09:28 AM
While perhaps nobody will admit it yet, if the draft were tomorrow at least a few of us (MAYBE FRITZ will come forward and admit it) , myself included, if we had to choose, just might take DJ Metcalf over Rashan Gary without hesitation.

maybe...but it would take rodgers 3 years to "trust" him and by then rodgers will be 39 and trying to mesh with new head coach josh mcdaniels.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Silverstein's latest column re the offense:

"I think Adams is the only one that scares you,” one of the scouts said. “Graham looks old. None of the other receivers scare you. Running backs are average. All their real good players are on defense.”

George Cumby
09-19-2019, 11:06 AM

"I think Adams is the only one that scares you,” one of the scouts said. “Graham looks old. None of the other receivers scare you. Running backs are average. All their real good players are on defense.”

Well. An aging or marginal quarterback supported by an adequate offensive cast and a solid to outstanding defense has been a winning formula for many teams in the past.

Bretsky
09-19-2019, 08:05 PM

We need DJ Metcalf :)))

bobblehead
09-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Well. An aging or marginal quarterback supported by an adequate offensive cast and a solid to outstanding defense has been a winning formula for many teams in the past.

Yes it has. Simple formula. Good QB wins SB. Team rests on laurels and doesn't win for years. Old QB either gets traded or rebuilt around. Old QB wins ring on way out. (Elway, Manning, Favre: oops) Brees was close as well, as was Montana. Might happen with Wilson.

pbmax
09-20-2019, 12:50 PM

I did not project him at Left Guard.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2019, 01:47 PM

Taylor injured?

A line composing of Turner at LG and, say, McCray at RG wouldn't be that much of a drop off from Jenkins at LG and Turner at RG. Definitely would not be a Klemm - Whiiticker abomination.

How far is the Milky Way from the Andromeda currently? Whatever the distance, that's the talent gap between Metcalf and Allison. In other words, Metcalf's kungfu is light years better than the Sloth's.

Peter Griffin could be signed off the streets of Quahog, and he'd make a solid LG with proper technique.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Yes it has. Simple formula. Good QB wins SB. Team rests on laurels and doesn't win for years. Old QB either gets traded or rebuilt around. Old QB wins ring on way out. (Elway, Manning, Favre: oops) Brees was close as well, as was Montana. Might happen with Wilson.

Elway had McCraffey, Rod Smith, Sharpe, MVP Davis, among others. Talent was more than "adequate."

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2019, 02:13 PM

Word.

Metcalf has a high football IQ, and Rodgers likes smart receivers. Wouldn't need 3 years to earn Rodgers' trust. Could've been Jordy 2.0.

mraynrand
09-20-2019, 02:19 PM

The German Shepherd drafted a center!

This one turned on it's tail faster than even I expected.

pbmax
09-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Taylor injured?

A line composing of Turner at LG and, say, McCray at RG wouldn't be that much of a drop off from Jenkins at LG and Turner at RG. Definitely would not be a Klemm - Whiiticker abomination.

How far is the Milky Way from the Andromeda currently? Whatever the distance, that's the talent gap between Metcalf and Allison. In other words, Metcalf's kungfu is light years better than the Sloth's.

Peter Griffin could be signed off the streets of Quahog, and he'd make a solid LG with proper technique.

McCray is a gutty fighter. But all the RG's except Lucas Patrick were a tire fire last year. Patrick succeeded mostly by being more stubborn.

Bretsky
09-20-2019, 06:35 PM
A Mea Culpa to Tank kinda feels good; everybody should join in.

it kind of feels refreshing

Harlan Huckleby
09-20-2019, 09:00 PM

I gave at the office.

Fritz
09-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Now that Taylor's out for an extended period, thank god Gutekunst took a ready-made starter to step in!

Screw Metcalf.

RashanGary
09-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Bretsky,

I was at another site earlier this offseason. I said our defense secondary had a chance to be similar to the 2010 defense with the speed and yourh on the outside and the experience of Amos and Tramon inside.

I had a dude say it was ridiculous and that this team was a homeless version of 2010. I bumped it and called him out and then he threw a fit.

Not everyone can handle being wrong like you and I. Some people are too stubborn and proud to admit their just human like the rest of us.

Fritz
09-21-2019, 02:39 PM
Bretsky,

I was at another site earlier this offseason. I said our defense secondary had a chance to be similar to the 2010 defense with the speed and yourh on the outside and the experience of Amos and Tramon inside.

I had a dude say it was ridiculous and that this team was a homeless version of 2010. I bumped it and called him out and then he threw a fit.

Not everyone can handle being wrong like you and I. Some people are too stubborn and proud to admit their just human like the rest of us.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back about being right about being wrong.

George Cumby
09-21-2019, 03:02 PM
^ lol

mraynrand
09-21-2019, 03:43 PM
Screw Metcalf.

That’s what got Antonio Brown in trouble.

RashanGary
09-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back about being right about being wrong.

I keep trying to come up with a comeback but I can’t :lol:

Fuck you, fritz!!

Zool
09-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Tuck Fank

mraynrand
09-21-2019, 11:01 PM
Tuck Fank

Isn’t that the show where greed fucked capitalists weigh in on new products? Or is that Tark Shank?

George Cumby
09-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Isn’t that the show where greed fucked capitalists weigh in on new products? Or is that Tark Shank?

That's the one where prison inmates try to stab Jerry Tarkanian.

KYPack
09-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Shank Tank?

Now there's a good idea.

mraynrand
09-22-2019, 10:36 AM
That's the one where prison inmates try to stab Jerry Tarkanian.

lol