PDA

View Full Version : Stick with me and you’ll never go hungry again: Week 3 NFL Bet’s

RashanGary
09-18-2019, 06:58 PM
No bets week 1

Season summary - up $20.

I’m curious if I can make money if I give my best effort so this is my low stakes maiden voyage. The $ will go up as my roll goes up and if I win this year I’ll go bigger next year.

Week 2

Aaron Jones over 58.5 yards at -110
Bet $23 to win $20 - WON BET

I got a bunch of free play money so it helps to bet on longer odds to turn that play money into real cash. I’ll still count it as lost money if I lose in the running totals though because I like the bets and I’m running an honest column here.

Week 3 Games

$8.17 to win $20
Ravens over @Chiefs moneyline at +245

Lamar Jackson has a game wrecker quality about him that I can’t resist at those odds. KC missing McCoy, Tyreek Hill and their LT Eric Fisher. Ravens have a true star in Earl Thomas and nobody’s onto how good that defense has become yet.

$12.90 to win $20
Texans over @Chargers moneyline at +155

Chargers missing Hunter Henry, Derwin James and James replacement. Hopkins is one of my favorite players in the league right now. Watson has some young AR in him. The Chargers should have lost the the Colts and lost to the lowly lions. Overrated. I like the underdog here at +155

FUTURES

Now is the time to take some futures stabs before the crowd catches up to who’s who.

$10 to win $60 Packers NFC rep in SB
$10 to win $60 Cowboys NFC rep in SB
$10 to win $100 SF NFC rep in SB

$10 to win $65 Buccaneers win NFCS

Everyone has the Rams going in the NFC. Odds are awful. I’m gonna go with the other three teams who are hot and look somewhat complete.

Brees is out for a while. Atlanta’s defense looks sketchy at best. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Arians and the Bucs. At those odds I bit. And glad I did when I did. It dropped to +500 a couple hours after my bet. Vegas knows. Like I said, I wanted to get in ahead of the crowd on these futures bets and I had some free play money that always plays better on longer odds. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Vincenzo
09-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Always looking for a tip here and there so I’ve already changed to Ravens plus the 6.5 pins in my point spread pool.
It’s a tough bet considering how good the Chiefs have looked, they look poised to knock the Patriots off as the AFC representative.

SudsMcBucky
09-19-2019, 10:50 AM
Always looking for a tip here and there so I’ve already changed to Ravens plus the 6.5 pins in my point spread pool.
It’s a tough bet considering how good the Chiefs have looked, they look poised to knock the Patriots off as the AFC representative.

I had the Chiefs covering at home. We'll see how good Lamar is in that hostile environment. The Chefs still have plenty of weapons for Mahomes.

RashanGary
09-22-2019, 07:18 PM
I deposited $100. Up to $140. Won one of my free play bets today. The Ravens played KC tough, could have won both.

40% increase in my bank roll so far. I believe I’m going to win a lot more over the course of the season though

RashanGary
09-22-2019, 07:19 PM

Glad you covered with that 6.5

bobblehead
09-22-2019, 10:29 PM
I'll give you a play I have used for years. Selectively or blindly its solid.

When NFC plays AFC simply bet the home team. Its hard for a road team to get up for a game against a team that has little significance in tie breakers or otherwise. It is why in years past I continually say "a championship team wins this game, a good team loses it" when the Packers would go to an average AFC teams venue. We simply HAD to beat Denver in our yard today. If we can't defend our home field against an AFC team then you aren't championship quality.

The selectively comes in anytime a juggernaut plays a truly bad team. If the rams go to miami, I won't recommend the play.

call_me_ishmael
09-22-2019, 11:49 PM
Do you guys really bet this much? I have no beef with it but fuck I feel like this is a slippery slope and it'd be so easy to get addicted. As a rule of thumb I don't gamble at all.

SudsMcBucky
09-24-2019, 01:46 PM

When NFC plays AFC simply bet the home team. Its hard for a road team to get up for a game against a team that has little significance in tie breakers or otherwise. It is why in years past I continually say "a championship team wins this game, a good team loses it" when the Packers would go to an average AFC teams venue. We simply HAD to beat Denver in our yard today. If we can't defend our home field against an AFC team then you aren't championship quality.

The selectively comes in anytime a juggernaut plays a truly bad team. If the rams go to miami, I won't recommend the play.

Also always bet the home team on Thursday night games to cover.

mraynrand
09-24-2019, 01:57 PM
Do you guys really bet this much? I have no beef with it but fuck I feel like this is a slippery slope and it'd be so easy to get addicted. As a rule of thumb I don't gamble at all.

nah, you just invest in the stock market. ;)

Vincenzo
09-28-2019, 11:59 AM

Interesting. I wondered if you liked the Lions plus 6.5 pins hosting the Chiefs tomorrow given your inter-conference theory?