7 tackles
1 sack
4 hits on the QB, including the one that forced the int. by Barnett

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:49 AM
And people say we overpaid for him. :crazy:

ND72
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
no doubt...he's our only consistant DL guy. he's tagged as only a "try hard" guy....good, maybe we should find more guys that "try hard".

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2006, 07:48 AM
no doubt...he's our only consistant DL guy.

i don't know about his stats, but I was fairly impressed with Pickett. He holds his ground, moves well.

Only question I have on Pickett is his conditioning. Man, that guy sucks air hard out there, he looks like an accordian! It seems like they do more rotating of the other tackle position. They need to give Pickett more sideline time with the oxygen mask.

ND72
09-11-2006, 07:50 AM
I thought pickett looked good at times...the Bears didn't run up the middle much, so that's gotta be a plus i guess. Cullen Jenkins looked good yesterday.

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Pickett stood out to me; Ahman Green looked very good.

I was disappointed in Jennings. Besides Driver there wasn't anybody getting open.

B

red
09-11-2006, 07:59 AM
i said in another thread, kampman looked good (now he has to show it for a whole season, not just one game like the queens game last year), i thought pickett did a good job, same goes for jenkins. and kgb even started holding up against the run. and i saw one thing i never thought i'd see, kgb got burned on a run to the outside, because he ran to far inside

overall the d-line played ok, but they're a far cray from a dominate line, and the bears d-line gets a lot more pass rush.

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 08:01 AM
We didn't hit the Bears RB's in the backfield too much yesterday, but decent is a fair assessment. The DL is OK but there are a lot of pedestrians on that line. Guys like Montgomery and Williams are guys that don't make some of the other squads IMO.

B

pbmax
09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Just becuase he is the best you have, doesn't mean he isn't still overpaid, this is the lesson Mike Sherman should have taught us all. Grossman had a lot of time.

That said, I thought the one area of the D that looked improved was run D. Except seeing Williams and Cole getting caved on double teams (still) I thought they held up well.

Unfortunately that's going to expose the Pass D.

I would dearly like to blame Kurt Schottenheimer, (esp on the TD that had Manuel and Harris saying to each other "You got it!"), but I fear its more Poppinga and Woodson. Good thing Wood is signed to a front loaded one year deal.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Just becuase he is the best you have, doesn't mean he isn't still overpaid, this is the lesson Mike Sherman should have taught us all. Grossman had a lot of time.

I don't think Kampman's deal can be with Sherman's overpaying of Hunt and J. Johnson. Maybe KGB, but even that is a stretch.

I don't think Ted has overpaid anybody yet, with the exception of Woodson. And he can be cut next season relatively painlessly without taking on ridiculous amounts of dead money.