PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rodgers so pissed at Guy LaFleur?

Vincenzo
09-22-2019, 06:19 PM
You saw it on the sidelines, I wish I had video of it. Coach LaFleur was standing up pleading with Aaron Rodgers who was sitting on the bench. Our Packer QB shrugged off our Head Coach as if to say, “Get lost, I’m pissed off at you right now!”

I get the whole frustration thing as Aaron’s offense is spinning its wheels, but is Rodgers officially hard to get along with?
I tell you one thing, the pair of them have a strange dynamic going on.

Zool
09-22-2019, 06:30 PM
It was pretty obvious Rodgers was trying to prove something by throwing the ball into the ground. The struggle for power is in full swing.

red
09-22-2019, 06:39 PM
You saw it on the sidelines, I wish I had video of it. Coach LaFleur was standing up pleading with Aaron Rodgers who was sitting on the bench. Our Packer QB shrugged off our Head Coach as if to say, “Get lost, I’m pissed off at you right now!”

I get the whole frustration thing as Aaron’s offense is spinning its wheels, but is Rodgers officially hard to get along with?
I tell you one thing, the pair of them have a strange dynamic going on.

really? is he hard to get a long with?

he's disowned his entire family. that right there should be all you need to know about the guy

sure he's our QB, and he does funny commercials and smiles sometimes, but in real life the guy seems like a giant fucking douche

RashanGary
09-22-2019, 07:23 PM
really? is he hard to get a long with?

he's disowned his entire family. that right there should be all you need to know about the guy

sure he's our QB, and he does funny commercials and smiles sometimes, but in real life the guy seems like a giant fucking douche

:lol:

This sums it up

George Cumby
09-22-2019, 07:28 PM
It all started with Yoko. Or that’s when it came to light.

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Sheeeesh! Much ado about nothing with this crap about them not getting along. You guys seem to have a compulsion to try and find something to whine about.

That being said, after the scripted plays - which I assume Rodgers has some say about what goes into them, things again today kinda degenerated - at the point where the play calls were basically whatever popped into LaFleur's damn run first mind. I really don't have a very good opinion of his play calling. Just go hurry up and let Rodgers make the calls on the field; I'm pretty sure that would have a much better chance for success.

But then, a win is a win is a win.

mraynrand
09-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Sheeeesh! Much ado about nothing with this crap about them not getting along. You guys seem to have a compulsion to try and find something to whine about.

That being said, after the scripted plays - which I assume Rodgers has some say about what goes into them, things again today kinda degenerated - at the point where the play calls were basically whatever popped into LaFleur's damn run first mind. I really don't have a very good opinion of his play calling. Just go hurry up and let Rodgers make the calls on the field; I'm pretty sure that would have a much better chance for success.

But then, a win is a win is a win.

Do you know the plays are not working because of Flower? Or is Rogers changing them and/or running them poorly? How do you know? Please elaborate.

bobblehead
09-22-2019, 10:21 PM
M4 made Mariotta look respectable. ARod should be lighting it up. I am angling against ARod at this point in time. I also didn't want to extend him until he proved he was past his collar bone, and even wanted to trade him to Jacksonville for the 7th overall and other considerations.

All that being said, we can still win an Owl with him if things break right.

esoxx
09-22-2019, 11:06 PM
He's getting close to be known as "Jay Rod"

call_me_ishmael
09-22-2019, 11:47 PM
M4 made Mariotta look respectable. ARod should be lighting it up. I am angling against ARod at this point in time. I also didn't want to extend him until he proved he was past his collar bone, and even wanted to trade him to Jacksonville for the 7th overall and other considerations.

Not so sure they have the horses this year but maybe if they dealt King for Jax CB (he beeitt me) straight up (pay dis man his mahney). The secondary is so damn good and you have 2 of the top 5 CB in the league if you make that deal. He may seem like a PITA and fair enough I can't argue with that but who wouldn't be in Duvall County where careers go to die?

MadtownPacker
09-23-2019, 01:38 AM
It all started with Yoko. Or that’s when it came to light.
I knew about it way before that. Everyone just ignored it when he was making out of this world plays.

Bretsky
09-23-2019, 07:27 PM

Unless I'm wrong I think Mariotta had a nice year the season before he arrived and when Matty came he took a step back and the offense was one of the worst in the NFL

Rutnstrut
09-23-2019, 08:42 PM
If Rodgers was on any other team most on here would be able to actually admit he comes across as a whiny douche. He gets so many passes for what he did in the past.

RashanGary
09-23-2019, 08:52 PM
If Rodgers was on any other team most on here would be able to actually admit he comes across as a whiny douche. He gets so many passes for what he did in the past.

I agree. His body language is as bad as Cutler. And that’s really saying something.

Gotarace
09-23-2019, 08:59 PM
Jesus can Walk on Water...The Chosen One Walks on his Own Tears...

Joemailman
09-23-2019, 09:11 PM
Unless I'm wrong I think Mariotta had a nice year the season before he arrived and when Matty came he took a step back and the offense was one of the worst in the NFL

You're wrong. Mariota had a worse year in 2017 than he did last year. Last year Mariota suffered an elbow injury in Game 1. The injury made him miss 3 games and affected him all year. He was constantly listed as questionable on the injury report due to the elbow. I saw one of their games late last year and he simply couldn't throw downfield with any velocity. Tennessee also lost their best receiver, TE Delanie Walker to a season ending injury in Game 1.

texaspackerbacker
09-23-2019, 09:12 PM
x

Fosco33
09-23-2019, 09:54 PM

I’ve been saying that for years. He’d be so much better if he lifted his teammates up instead of tearing them down w: the body language and excluding them from open passes. When he was elite - it seemed to be part of the price to play. Now - it’s just annoying.

pbmax
09-23-2019, 09:57 PM

Sure, but what do I have invested in another team? I’d just want to have some fun at their expense.

If the Packers has actually drafted a functional backup, we’d have room for serious debate (see Official Brett Favre). But as it stands, they gotta live with this and make it work.

The only alternative here was suggested by gbgary: trade him before the new deal. Get the picks, or maybe tank for the next year and get some extra shots at a new pro bowl level QB.

That didn’t happen. So we root for the best outcome of current circumstances.

But remember, even with top picks in back to back drafts, odds of getting another Rodgers or Favre is bad. So this also could be the best case scenario.

Teamcheez1
09-24-2019, 08:38 AM
If Rodgers is mad now, how is he going to feel if we draft a higher round QB in the next year or two?
I think it's a likely scenario they start preparing for life after Rodgers beginning next year.

call_me_ishmael
09-24-2019, 08:56 AM
If Rodgers is mad now, how is he going to feel if we draft a higher round QB in the next year or two?
I think it's a likely scenario they start preparing for life after Rodgers beginning next year.

Not only higher, but trade up to get there. I doubt a Rodgers situation happens again. If there is a Deshaun Watson type prospect sitting there at say #12, I think they'll have to go up and get them in the next year or two.

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Rodgers says he will play into his 40s. This "decline" shit is overrated if not outright bogus. He ought to be able to play at least to the age Brady plays to with the rules nowadays protecting QBs.

With a better GM now, we ought to have a better team around him and thus, win more for 5 or 6 more years anyway. I don't ever want to see the Packers "bottom out" like some teams and like it seems some in here wish for. By the time the Rodgers era finally ends 5, 6, or more years from now, we ought to have a powerhouse team built that the Packers can win with something less than the next GOAT.

As for LaFleur, hopefully he goes along for the ride instead of shooting for damn change and driving the team into the ditch with run-first crap. Calling for stupid change can only lead to one thing: the next coach pledging to MPGA.

mraynrand
09-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Rodgers says he will play into his 40s. This "decline" shit is overrated if not outright bogus.

I am stating now that I will run half marathons into my sixties. Whew! Now that I’ve stated it, I’m certain that will arrest any physical decline I may be experiencing and protect me from injury.

Fritz
09-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Not only higher, but trade up to get there. I doubt a Rodgers situation happens again. If there is a Deshaun Watson type prospect sitting there at say #12, I think they'll have to go up and get them in the next year or two.

I think it is time to consider the QB position with an upper level pick. Depending on where they end up in the draft order this year, they might have to give up some draft capital to get up high enough to get someone. That means they'd better get that pick right, or we're back to the wilderness of the Scott Hunter/Jerry Tage/John Hadl/Rich Campbell era.

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2019, 11:32 AM
Way too early to get someone this coming draft. The days of sitting and slowly developing a first round QB draft pick are over. Rodgers was the last first round QB to not play his rookie season. Yes, there are flameouts but over the past few years, it's been a serious bumper crop of QBs who have succeeded in the NFL right away.

mraynrand
09-24-2019, 12:22 PM
I think it is time to consider the QB position with an upper level pick. Depending on where they end up in the draft order this year, they might have to give up some draft capital to get up high enough to get someone.

I agree. It is time. I was thinking they might take the pick this year, but the guy I wanted - and presumably Gute would have picked - didn't drop to 12 (Jones). The right time to pick the next QB is before you need him and definitely when a guy you like is available, even if it's early.

That means they'd better get that pick right, or we're back to the wilderness of the Scott Hunter/Jerry Tage/John Hadl/Rich Campbell era.

This kind of psychological terrorism is totally uncalled for

bobblehead
09-24-2019, 11:55 PM

You are wrong. He improved in nearly every metric...most notably he had more INT than TD the year before M4. Flipped it with M4.

bobblehead
09-24-2019, 11:59 PM
Next year will have 4-6 first round QBs. If one that Gutes grades high slips he will likely go get one.

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2019, 07:13 AM
I very much doubt we draft a QB except maybe as a late round afterthought.

run pMc
09-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Brady has been healthier over the last 10 seasons than Rodgers. Assuming that Rodgers will last as long as Brady has is risky. They play the game differently.
There has already been a decline in Rodgers' athleticism and arm due to age plus the leg and collarbone injuries. Make no mistake, Rodgers is a more talented QB, but Brady is smart and uses every ounce of ability he has. I suspect Brady's quick release of the ball -- even on dumpoffs to James White -- have helped prevent some hard hits.

I'd be perfectly fine with Gute drafting a QB and letting M4 develop them. It's really on the scouting dept to find someone - franchise QBs are tough to find.
I'm not sure Boyle/Wilkins are what we envision as the heirs apparent to Rodgers, and they don't inspire a lot of faith as being able to play successfully for a 2 game stretch if Rodgers has to leave a game.

Let's face it, this team has a good D, but it's not a playoff contender if Rodgers goes down.

George Cumby
09-25-2019, 11:27 AM
I think it is time to consider the QB position with an upper level pick. Depending on where they end up in the draft order this year, they might have to give up some draft capital to get up high enough to get someone. That means they'd better get that pick right, or we're back to the wilderness of the Scott Hunter/Jerry Tage/John Hadl/Rich Campbell era.

The sooner the better.