PDA

View Full Version : Egotists & Egoists - Broncos (Week 3)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Egoists (losers):

Sloth Allison - If LaFluer is gonna insist on pounding the rock on 1st and 2nd downs while distorting the Great Arm of Butte's fragile rhythm along the way, the Packers need to acquire a Wu-Tang NFL slotman, urgently...It's 3rd and 4, ideally, you want a quick as a cat fellow in the slot...Sloth is neither quick nor fast...Packers would be better off burdening Donald Driver, Greg Jennings or Jordy Nelson out of retirement to man the slot.

Run defense - Played the run as if the unit had never seen a white RB before. The Donkeys never retired Terrell Davis' 30, apparently, b/c, the current #30 was a white knight in shinny armor.

Tight Ends - Invisible...Anyone else still miss J-Mike?

Egotists (winners):

The Smiths - Completely annihilated 'draft-n-develop' Polar Bearism...If Todd were still around, Perry and Biegal would be out there.

Alexander - Allowed a couple of completions playing 'zone'... Other than that, was shutdown...Ain't a cowardly lion when it comes to tackling...Strip-fumble was arousing.

Martinez - Covering #30, the white RB, was a mismatch and got caught sleeping the play after a nice tackle for loss, but made a bunch of tackle for losses.

Odds and Ends - Rodgers' 'mutiny' in the 2nd half where he threw rocks down to Hades were actually smart plays...A couple, was pressured...Another, miscommunication with Adams...Adams was a-looking to block someone; threw rock at Hades before offensive PI could be called...Why are the Pats and Rams so good on 3rd downs? They don't have the sloth in the slot.

mraynrand
09-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Probably should move Alison to TE. Easily could match Cook’s production in receiving and blocking. Watching Jimmy G block or run is painful, probably more painful for him.

“For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee.”

call_me_ishmael
09-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Watching Jimmy G block or run is painful, probably more painful for him.

LOL!

texaspackerbacker
09-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Until this Bronco game, APB, I disagreed with you about Allison. He kinda lived down to your expectations Sunday, though. I would like to see more of Kumerow in his place or maybe Lazard, or maybe either of those two at TE.

I can't help thinking maybe the game plan didn't call for much use of TEs in pass patterns, maybe because of the vaunted Bronco outside pass rush. Just the same, about the only time Graham even got a mention was when he got a holding penalty, and Tonyan didn't do much either. Graham didn't look all that pained or painful in the first two games, and I honestly didn't even see him run or block in this game.

The run D was pretty poor. You wouldn't think Montravius being out would make that much difference. I noticed that we played a lot with Clark, Lowry, and Lancaster (who I particularly don't like) all in the game at the same time. That may have been in response to the Broncos running a lot, but it did not seem to work very well, as they got pushed around badly.

Martinez is kinda a feast or famine player. I don't know if he guesses or relies too much on reads and gets tricked or what. Many times he makes good plays, but sometimes - too often it seems to me, he just takes himself right out of the play.

A very large Hell Yeah to what you said about the Smiths.

It seems like somebody in here praised Kevin King; What I saw was King getting picked on and more often than not coming up short. Tramon seemed to disappear in the game, and Amos didn't make as many plays as the previous weeks either. Alexander deserves all the praise that he gets, and Savage had a pretty egotistical game too.

After two good weeks (by the low standard they set for themselves), the O Line really should have been on your Egoist list - very very few holes to run through and poor pass blocking. I agree with your take on Rodgers throwing it away in the second half. He was rushed badly, and as always, he was smart enough to avoid interceptions - the A number one most important factor, despite some in here playing that down.

Jamal Williams deserves some egotist mention also.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Until this Bronco game, APB, I disagreed with you about Allison. He kinda lived down to your expectations Sunday, though. I would like to see more of Kumerow in his place or maybe Lazard, or maybe either of those two at TE.

I can't help thinking maybe the game plan didn't call for much use of TEs in pass patterns, maybe because of the vaunted Bronco outside pass rush. Just the same, about the only time Graham even got a mention was when he got a holding penalty, and Tonyan didn't do much either. Graham didn't look all that pained or painful in the first two games, and I honestly didn't even see him run or block in this game.

The run D was pretty poor. You wouldn't think Montravius being out would make that much difference. I noticed that we played a lot with Clark, Lowry, and Lancaster (who I particularly don't like) all in the game at the same time. That may have been in response to the Broncos running a lot, but it did not seem to work very well, as they got pushed around badly.

Martinez is kinda a feast or famine player. I don't know if he guesses or relies too much on reads and gets tricked or what. Many times he makes good plays, but sometimes - too often it seems to me, he just takes himself right out of the play.

A very large Hell Yeah to what you said about the Smiths.

It seems like somebody in here praised Kevin King; What I saw was King getting picked on and more often than not coming up short. Tramon seemed to disappear in the game, and Amos didn't make as many plays as the previous weeks either. Alexander deserves all the praise that he gets, and Savage had a pretty egotistical game too.

After two good weeks (by the low standard they set for themselves), the O Line really should have been on your Egoist list - very very few holes to run through and poor pass blocking. I agree with your take on Rodgers throwing it away in the second half. He was rushed badly, and as always, he was smart enough to avoid interceptions - the A number one most important factor, despite some in here playing that down.

Jamal Williams deserves some egotist mention also.

Excellent post.

pbmax
09-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Kumerow was hurt. Both Packer tackles had some adventures versus Chubb and Miller. I think the TE was helping out.