PDA

View Full Version : Damn LaFleur

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2019, 10:59 PM
All this run-first idiocy - wasting downs running it into the line on first down repeatedly in the game, then when they should run it, they don't.

And I suppose some shitheads will whine and blame Aaron Rodgers.

Zool
09-26-2019, 11:00 PM
I loved you as Gump.

Post Forest post!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-26-2019, 11:05 PM
All this run-first idiocy - wasting downs running it into the line on first down repeatedly in the game, then when they should run it, they don't.

And you did warn us beforehand about the dangers of throwing slants.

Rodgers wasn’t pressured. No need to throw that slant. Pump fake. Shepherd outside. Easy 6.

call_me_ishmael
09-26-2019, 11:06 PM
lol Aaron threw the ball 4 damn times and couldn't score. He also threw a key pick from inside the 10. Might be time to run the ball a little mo'.

mraynrand
09-26-2019, 11:07 PM

The pragmatic approach is to only run when it works

MadtownPacker
09-26-2019, 11:09 PM

And I suppose some shitheads will whine and blame Aaron Rodgers.I have noticed an abundance of shitheads here.

RashanGary
09-26-2019, 11:12 PM
I have noticed an abundance of shitheads here.

Yeah, fuck them shitheads!!

pbmax
09-26-2019, 11:21 PM
We'll look up first down runs this weekend.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2019, 12:51 AM
1st and goal at the one, and 2nd and goal at the 3, and all the crap about run-first, then they choose not to run. LaFleur's play calling is down right idiotic. Even with the pathetic O Line the Packers have, they should be able to push it in from the 1 or even the 3.

And the only thing more pathetic than our O Line is our D Line. Probably LaFleur thinks the team can run the ball because it works in practice - against damn cows like Lowry and Lancaster.

Tony Oday
09-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Frenchie was out coached by far tonight.

Bretsky
09-27-2019, 07:22 AM
Frenchie was out coached by far tonight.

I predicted Green Bay to lose last night for a few reasons.

1. Phily was desperate to win due to the spot they are in
2. I thought he offenses were comparable and Phily would score on us
3 Phily's Coach > Green Bay's coach.

To take step 3 further, teams are making halftime adjustments vs. Green Bay and whatever Matty is doing is not working.

Before last night we averages 4-5 points in the second half. I think we upped our averages by scoring 7 in the second half last nigth.

Truth be told (ready for bad comments), Mccarthy was a better coach that Matty. Now maybe Matty will get better and grow to be better than MM, but he's not right now.

pbmax
09-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Truth be told (ready for bad comments), Mccarthy was a better coach that Matty. Now maybe Matty will get better and grow to be better than MM, but he's not right now.

McCarthy's first year he was 8-8.

Tony Oday
09-27-2019, 08:01 AM
The comments from Frenchie about his whole game plan being wrecked because Williams got hurt is asinine. Jones is still better than Williams. I really do not understand why we kept running into the brick wall of the Eagles and they were 100% susceptible to the pass and we decided to keep running into the teeth of their defense.

pbmax
09-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Jones is a better runner, but Williams might be a better one cut runner. Result is that Jones can hit bigger runs, but Williams is more consistent in this offense. Less no yard runs I think.

But saying your game plan got trashed because a RB went down is a poor excuse. However, the other guys scored 27 points.

Still worried about defense.

George Cumby
09-27-2019, 08:16 AM
I have noticed an abundance of shitheads here.

To thine own self, be true.

mraynrand
09-27-2019, 08:17 AM
The comments from Frenchie about his whole game plan being wrecked because Williams got hurt is asinine. Jones is still better than Williams. I really do not understand why we kept running into the brick wall of the Eagles and they were 100% susceptible to the pass and we decided to keep running into the teeth of their defense.

Narrator: Pack ran 20 times and attempted 53 passes. three bad runs in each half.

Packers first run was Jones for a 3 yard TD
Packers second run by Jones was for 7 yards
Packers third run was Alison for 7
Fourth Jones 0
Fifth Jones 0
Sixth Vitale 3
7th Jones -2
8th Jones 4
9th Jones 4
10th Rodgers 4

Half

11th Jones 4
12 Jones 3
13 Jones 0
14th -2
15th Rodgers 14
16th Jones -4
17th Rodgers 14
18 Rodgers 11
19 Jones 4
20th ?

mraynrand
09-27-2019, 08:19 AM
Jones is a better runner, but Williams might be a better one cut runner. Result is that Jones can hit bigger runs, but Williams is more consistent in this offense. Less no yard runs I think.

But saying your game plan got trashed because a RB went down is a poor excuse. However, the other guys scored 27 points.

Still worried about defense.

left 10-14 points on the field too.

Defense collapsed. It's interesting how an effective running game just absolutely puts a defense on it's heels. Imagine that.

pbmax
09-27-2019, 08:22 AM
left 10-14 points on the field too.

Defense collapsed. It's interesting how an effective running game just absolutely puts a defense on it's heels. Imagine that.

Its the down and distance. Makes third down miserable for the defense.

Short fields don't help. They were really behind the gun in this game.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2019, 11:04 AM
Yeah, run-first works ....... if you have a decent O Line and if the opponent has crap for a D Line. Even then, it takes a decent passing game. That's why the Eagles were successful and Denver wasn't.

Just the same, I would have expected Pettine to do a better job of adjusting - like maybe getting those two fat cows, Lowry and Lancaster out, using the LBs to fill gaps instead of taking themselves out of plays.

Most of the blame goes to LaFleur, though. We shoulda been able to outscore them even on a bad night for the defense.

bobblehead
09-29-2019, 10:09 AM
M4 gives Rodgers 4 shots from the 1 without running the ball and you blame M4 but Rodgers is god. Do you see a flaw in your thought process....and oh yea, he actually called one run/pass option that Rodgers opted to pass and ended up throwing the ball away in about 2 seconds.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2019, 10:25 AM
M4 gives Rodgers 4 shots from the 1 without running the ball and you blame M4 but Rodgers is god. Do you see a flaw in your thought process....and oh yea, he actually called one run/pass option that Rodgers opted to pass and ended up throwing the ball away in about 2 seconds.

Did you even read what I said?

"All this run-first idiocy - wasting downs running it into the line on first down repeatedly in the game, then when they should run it, they don't."

1st and goal from the 1 as well as 2nd and goal from the 3, it's dead obvious even with our lame-assed O Line that you try once, twice, or more to run it in, but Damn LaFleur chose those times to depart from his run first idiocy.

Fritz
10-01-2019, 11:21 AM
1st and goal at the one, and 2nd and goal at the 3, and all the crap about run-first, then they choose not to run. LaFleur's play calling is down right idiotic. Even with the pathetic O Line the Packers have, they should be able to push it in from the 1 or even the 3.

And the only thing more pathetic than our O Line is our D Line. Probably LaFleur thinks the team can run the ball because it works in practice - against damn cows like Lowry and Lancaster.

Wait, so you wanted them to run the ball? When the Packers have the greatest quarterback of all time back there, with four downs to work with? What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm sick of all you whiny bastards calling for running plays when the Packers have the best who's ever played the game at the quarterback position. You give Rodgers four shots from inside the ten yard line, don't waste any of that trying to run the ball. That's stupid. That's wasting your talent.

There . . . how'd I do, Tex?

texaspackerbacker
10-01-2019, 11:42 AM
First and Goal at the 1, you run - Period.

Pretty much any other time or place on the field, yeah, you got it, although you forgot to mention how shitty our O Line is hahahaha.

mraynrand
10-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Pragmatists only run the ball when it’s successful.

George Cumby
10-01-2019, 08:47 PM
I miss Favre’s short yardage QB sneaks. I don’t recall seeing that much with Rodgers.

Joemailman
10-01-2019, 10:20 PM
I miss Favre’s short yardage QB sneaks. I don’t recall seeing that much with Rodgers.

I think that pretty much stopped after 2 concussions in 2010 even though that's not how the concussions happened.

pbmax
10-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Pragmatists only run the ball when it’s successful.

Minority Report but for play calling.

"Coach! Coach! A red ball! Call a run!!"

call_me_ishmael
10-01-2019, 10:34 PM
I think that pretty much stopped after 2 concussions in 2010 even though that's not how the concussions happened.

Brady is awesome at this. I wish the Packers did it more.

mraynrand
10-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Oct 7
More
Matt LaFleur estimated explosive gains from Cowboys accounted for roughly 361 yards: "There were far too many explosives. There's no doubt about that."

YOU SAID 'BOMB' ON A PLANE

RashanGary
10-22-2019, 08:32 PM
Rodgers is playing at an MVP level. Twitter is littered with hilarious bonding moments between Lafleur and AR. Packers are 6-1 and one of the favorites to win the NFC. The offense is playing better than it has in years with one different starter from last year and no Davante Adams.

I’m not so sure Lafleur is the Problem, Tex....

call_me_ishmael
10-22-2019, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't say the offense is playing better than in years. They got pretty hot in 2016 when they ran the table. They have looked inconsistent this year, same as the past two years. There are signs to be encouraged going forward but I would quell your excitement a bit and remember it was 42 points against the Raiders, not a real team.

Bretsky
10-22-2019, 08:43 PM
Rodgers is playing at an MVP level. Twitter is littered with hilarious bonding moments between Lafleur and AR. Packers are 6-1 and one of the favorites to win the NFC. The offense is playing better than it has in years with one different starter from last year and no Davante Adams.

Two Weeks ago I implied what has been missing from Rodgers game, and keeping him from being as good as he was is he's constantly missing the deep pass, often way off.

The last two games he's been accurate with those. He's really looked elite lately. That's a good thing for GB

RashanGary
10-22-2019, 10:37 PM
Packers 9th ranked scoring defense
Packers 10th ranked scoring offense

One of 4 teams in the top 10 in both categories
Patriots
Vikings
Rams
Packers

Not to bad. Definitely one of the front runners.

texaspackerbacker
10-22-2019, 11:45 PM

I'm slowly coming around to that point of view too, but what I see is LaFleur modifying his vaunted "new offense" to accomodate the GOATness of Rodgers. All of that "bonding" crap is as stupid as the soap opera drama crap of them not getting along was previously. Both are professionals, and both want to win, and it seems that both are willing to compromise just enough - which means more compromise from LaFleur. Running on early downs is not gonna go away completely, but it has been blended pretty well with passing. I was never very pleased with McCarthy wasting early downs with runs either. Now, that has at least been more effective and I think slightly less often. Maybe the O Line gets some of the credit; Maybe some of it is a better pair of RBs now; But I think most of the reason is scheme - and that is LaFleur.

Everything is all peace and love when we're winning. Hopefully, that will continue and increase.

Radagast
10-23-2019, 02:26 AM
I'm slowly coming around to that point of view too, but what I see is LaFleur modifying his vaunted "new offense" to accomodate the GOATness of Rodgers. All of that "bonding" crap is as stupid as the soap opera drama crap of them not getting along was previously. Both are professionals, and both want to win, and it seems that both are willing to compromise just enough - which means more compromise from LaFleur. Running on early downs is not gonna go away completely, but it has been blended pretty well with passing. I was never very pleased with McCarthy wasting early downs with runs either. Now, that has at least been more effective and I think slightly less often. Maybe the O Line gets some of the credit; Maybe some of it is a better pair of RBs now; But I think most of the reason is scheme - and that is LaFleur.

Everything is all peace and love when we're winning. Hopefully, that will continue and increase.

HC LaFleur's offensive system, while new to the Packers this season, was/is used by the Titans and Rams and the 49ers I believe last year. It is different from Mike McCarthy's offense to be sure. GB's version of it does have the same basic fundamental principals, but any system has to adapt to the teams players, compensate for injuries, and take advantage of any special resources.

I said months ago that it would require time for the player chemistry and the new offensive system to come together. However this team has exceeded my expectations and produced a 6 - 1 record. Beyond the winning record, I like the balance that this team has and is improving on each week. Also, each opponent is thoughtfully planned for so as to take advantage of already researched tendencies. When running the rock is best, they run it. When passing is the answer, Rodgers distributes the ball with surgical skill.

I've not overlooked GB's defense, They are very good this season and have already earned the respect missing in seasons past. Neither the offense or the defense, IMO, are as good as they can be. By mid-December I hope to see Adams and Allison both actively flourishing in an offense that improved in their absence. Also, following a full season to form a close working unit, the defense should be ready to compete well against any team, including New England.

In my view, teams can be like a 6 chamber revolver. It can be loaded with a bullet in every other chamber, but that is not as reliable as loading all 6 chambers. A passing game without a running game leaves a chamber unloaded. The same thing also in the reverse. Having both is more reliable and effective. Perfect weather will not always be the order of the day as colder/wetter weather approaches. On such days, a good running game proves it's value most. Facing a team with a good front 7 and a weak secondary would then want to see the passing game emphasized. These are just two of the best reasons to not rely solely on just one asset. Defensive Secondary, Offensive Line, the Defensive front 7, and Special Teams are also most important assets too.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 05:30 AM
In my view, teams can be like a 6 chamber revolver. It can be loaded with a bullet in every other chamber, but that is not as reliable as loading all 6 chambers. A passing game without a running game leaves a chamber unloaded. The same thing also in the reverse. Having both is more reliable and effective. Perfect weather will not always be the order of the day as colder/wetter weather approaches. On such days, a good running game proves it's value most. Facing a team with a good front 7 and a weak secondary would then want to see the passing game emphasized. These are just two of the best reasons to not rely solely on just one asset. Defensive Secondary, Offensive Line, the Defensive front 7, and Special Teams are also most important assets too.

Finding good players is a challenge. Putting together and offense that does a lot of things well but is still simple enough for players to be effective at doing so many different things well is a challenge.

It’s not easy to be able to attack a lot of different ways, but it sets a team up for being able to navigate the post season gauntlet that is littered with teams who have absolutely dominant defensive strengths. Need to be able to hit those defenses where they’re soft and not bang ones head on the wall trying to beat them at their game.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 05:34 AM
The Packers seem to be good at doing a lot of different things on offense. That’s less likely to win any on paper regular season stat awards and more likely to win multiple post season games and a championship. I’m feeling good about the Packers offense

Radagast
10-23-2019, 06:35 AM
Finding good players is a challenge. Putting together and offense that does a lot of things well but is still simple enough for players to be effective at doing so many different things well is a challenge.

It’s not easy to be able to attack a lot of different ways, but it sets a team up for being able to navigate the post season gauntlet that is littered with teams who have absolutely dominant defensive strengths. Need to be able to hit those defenses where they’re soft and not bang ones head on the wall trying to beat them at their game.

My 6 shooter analysis, in case you didn't notice, was aimed at Tex. His "old, streaking, screaming, running down main street, at the lunch hour, with his hair on fire (if he still has any) " rhetoric of pass is the only thing should be over with GB posting a 6-1 record. He can't see past his own oxygen bottles and has quickly or conveniently overlooked Jones' recent 4 TD game.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 09:19 AM
Packers need a back to just leap over the pile like Walter Payton. Its been long enough no one will expect it.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 09:22 AM
Wait, so you wanted them to run the ball? When the Packers have the greatest quarterback of all time back there, with four downs to work with? What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm sick of all you whiny bastards calling for running plays when the Packers have the best who's ever played the game at the quarterback position. You give Rodgers four shots from inside the ten yard line, don't waste any of that trying to run the ball. That's stupid. That's wasting your talent.

There . . . how'd I do, Tex?

One good sign for this collaboration is that they red zone offense went funky for about 2 games and then came back. And that was after a good start. Could be opponent related, but it definitely involved having a running back at least play action.

I like this for the obvious reasons, gives defense two things to watch and the fact that LaFleur and Rodgers adjusted rather than be stubborn.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Both are professionals, and both want to win, and it seems that both are willing to compromise just enough - which means more compromise from LaFleur.

tex's Mom: Here is a candy bar for you and your sibling, tex. You split it in half and let them choose which half.

tex: Splits candy bar, stuffs larger half in mouth.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 09:41 AM
tex's Mom: Here is a candy bar for you and your sibling, tex. You split it in half and let them choose which half.

:lol:

bobblehead
10-23-2019, 10:49 AM

For the hundredth time I ask if you even watch the games. Rodgers hitting 7-8 different guys a game. Hitting RBs and TEs underneath early to loosen up the coverages. You think this is a Flower accommodating Rodgers??

bobblehead
10-23-2019, 10:53 AM
One good sign for this collaboration is that they red zone offense went funky for about 2 games and then came back. And that was after a good start. Could be opponent related, but it definitely involved having a running back at least play action.

I like this for the obvious reasons, gives defense two things to watch and the fact that LaFleur and Rodgers adjusted rather than be stubborn.

This is the area I give Rodgers the most credit. The one knock on the McVay/Shannahan model is weakness in the Redzone. ARod might be the best redzone QB I have ever seen.

bobblehead
10-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Larger HALF??

pbmax
10-23-2019, 11:22 AM
For the hundredth time I ask if you even watch the games. Rodgers hitting 7-8 different guys a game. Hitting RBs and TEs underneath early to loosen up the coverages. You think this is a Flower accommodating Rodgers??

Either by design or convincing (probably both, Jones scored a 20 yard TD on a corner/flag route, when was the last time you saw that in GB?) Flower has completely revamped the short game and made it more effective. Rodgers, with increased usage, has gotten that short throw problem under control.

I do think they are in shotgun more than originally planned and I suspect that is for Rodgers and the inside zone combo.

Frankly, seeing him under center AND in shotgun is good. More for defense to prep for. Despite not being great at outside zone, those 2 receiver routes off it have been productive.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Larger HALF??

Colloquialism. Far less fun to talk about the 4.3% larger piece.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 11:35 AM
This is the area I give Rodgers the most credit. The one knock on the McVay/Shannahan model is weakness in the Redzone. ARod might be the best redzone QB I have ever seen.

Hmmm.... didn’t think of this. And props to MLF for leaning on Aaron’s experience and know how in this area. Props to Aaron for trying new things and discovering that some of them work. Just two guys getting better at their craft. Cool to see.

esoxx
10-23-2019, 12:18 PM

Except for the Philly game. My god that was an abomination down in the red zone that game.

texaspackerbacker
10-23-2019, 01:03 PM

You seriously think it is not? Rodgers has always spread it around to a lot of receivers - taking what the defense gives you. Passing first to set up occasional runs is absolutely accommodating Rodgers - riding him to victory. Even McCarthy didn't do that enough. If LaFleur subordinates his ego and keeps this up, it's gonna be a great offensive season - a great season in general if the D snaps back.

mraynrand
10-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Except for the Philly game. My god that was an abomination down in the red zone that game.

yup. But Rodgers is already much better at the RPO, even if they don't use it all that often. He executed it perfectly on his TD run. Like a triple threat...

"At the age of 25 I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat, kind of like a despotic Ken Berry. Dancer, singer, actor, and I would possess nuclear weapons, the latter being the most threatening of the four."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJj4wbmAhk

run pMc
10-23-2019, 02:07 PM
I do think they are in shotgun more than originally planned and I suspect that is for Rodgers and the inside zone combo.

I noticed this too...seems like there are some drives where they are in shotgun a lot. I'd bet the shotgun numbers are down but efficiency in shotgun is way up. Hard to compare to last year since his broken leg basically forced them into a lot of shotgun.
Last season it seemed like Rodgers missed/ignored a lot of open receivers (i.e., taking what the defense gave) and was going for shot plays. That offense looked like someone fitting a square peg into a round hole.

esoxx
10-23-2019, 03:40 PM
yup. But Rodgers is already much better at the RPO, even if they don't use it all that often. He executed it perfectly on his TD run. Like a triple threat...

"At the age of 25 I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat, kind of like a despotic Ken Berry. Dancer, singer, actor, and I would possess nuclear weapons, the latter being the most threatening of the four."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJj4wbmAhk

Ken Berry was an underrated talent.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Ken Berry was an underrated talent.

Judging by rerun TV on UHF channels in my youth. they made 5,193 episodes of Mayberry RFD.

MadScientist
10-23-2019, 04:50 PM
You seriously think it is not? Rodgers has always spread it around to a lot of receivers - taking what the defense gives you. Passing first to set up occasional runs is absolutely accommodating Rodgers - riding him to victory. Even McCarthy didn't do that enough. If LaFleur subordinates his ego and keeps this up, it's gonna be a great offensive season - a great season in general if the D snaps back.

In games in previous seasons, it looked like there would be one or two receivers getting the bulk of the throws plus a back for dump offs. What we saw Sunday was very balanced. Everyone who caught a pass caught at least two. No receiver was targeted more than five times. Yes Adams is out, but even so in the past things would not have been so balanced. If they keep this balanced approach when Adams is fully healthy, this offense will be nearly unstoppable.

ThunderDan
10-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Adams ha$ 111 catches and 169 targets in 2018. We had roughly 600 passing plays last year. Davante was targeted almost 30% of the time.

Complete balance tpb.

Joemailman
10-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Rodgers spread it around when he had Driver, Jennings, Jones and Jordy. Who wouldn't? But the last couple of years he's talked several times about wanting to get it to Adams even more. That's somewhat understandable, but I think you're always better if the opposing defense can't focus on one guy.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Rodgers spread it around when he had Driver, Jennings, Jones and Jordy. Who wouldn't? But the last couple of years he's talked several times about wanting to get it to Adams even more. That's somewhat understandable, but I think you're always better if the opposing defense can't focus on one guy.

Absolutely. And it doesn’t hurt that those two have so much experience doing it the hard way, cuz there are moments when that’s the only way.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Really cool mic’d up video at Packers.com. Lafleur really has built an atmosphere where guys just love to play and love to dominate. Really cool clip if ya’s care to look.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 07:41 PM
My favorite two parts of football are 1. The feeling of crushing an opponent. And 2. The connectedness of doing it as a team. I’m fast becoming a Lafleur fan.

Zool
10-23-2019, 09:47 PM
Colloquialism. Far less fun to talk about the 4.3% larger piece.

I think he was implying the candy bar would not split at all. Just consumed whole.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 10:35 PM

Yes. I hope Rodgers believes these guys will deliver if they get used in specialty situations like the Oakland game.

Will save forcing the ball to Adams.

pbmax
10-23-2019, 10:35 PM
I think he was implying the candy bar would not split at all. Just consumed whole.

Possible. Young Tex is a scamp.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 11:23 PM
In the clip of Lafleur mic’d up, AR comes off after one of his touchdowns and said, nice playcall in a cocky way as if to say, “I made it happen for you.” :lol:

Lafleur was like, ok, and looked like he liked the cockiness and challenge of it all.

And when AR said he was gonna get 5 TDS, Lafleur fucked with him and said, yeah, that’s the goal like it was easy and he’s expected to get that many.

Funny shit to see those two fuck with each other.

And the all gas no fucking brake comment by Lafleur was a good one too.

Lafleur definitely brings out the cocky, competitiveness of the team. That’s fun to watch.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2019, 02:00 AM

If you guys could see my "little" brother, you wouldn't be thinking I got the big share of the candy bar hahahahahaha.

That metaphor, though, is not a bad summary of what I said about LaFleur giving in a lot more than Rodgers has given in - and the team being better off for it.

Fritz, you remind me of me - in that post anyway.

Radagast, apparently you have a bit of a reading problem, in addition to all your other problems hahahahaha. I said I'm fairly pleased with the degree of balance between run and pass so far. I would definitely call it pass-first - when it needs to be anyway. As I said, LaFleur's offense so far has been MORE, not less accommodating to and dependent on the skills of our GOAT QB than McCarthy's - who I saw as failing to place nearly enough trust in Rodgers way too many times.

Regarding the spreading the ball around to a lot of receivers, it's back to the future. THAT is Rodgers natural way of doing things. Last year, yeah, Adams got the lion's share because he could be trusted while some of the others maybe couldn't.

ok, I guess that catches me up on things needing comments.

bobblehead
10-24-2019, 07:11 AM

I ask you to show me ONE game in Rodgers ENTIRE CAREER where he hit RBs with 10 passes in a game. Last sunday doesn't count. It may have happened before. I don't recall it.

bobblehead
10-24-2019, 07:14 AM

Nah, I'm a numbers guy. I was razzing him about halves being equal. And I knew he knew the difference, just having fun.

But your point may be more valid.

run pMc
10-24-2019, 11:09 AM
And when AR said he was gonna get 5 TDS, Lafleur fucked with him and said, yeah, that’s the goal like it was easy and he’s expected to get that many.

If I heard correctly, MLF's reply was that he wanted 6 TD's. Gotta like that competitiveness and keeping the foot on the gas (cough M3).

RashanGary
10-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Each time I watch Lafleur mic’d up, I laugh harder. First of all, the “all gas, no fucking brake” comment ages well. But after Aaron came off after his 5th touchdown, he punched Lafleur in the chest and said, “i appreciate it.” :lol: Thats what Lafleur always says so it’s hilarious to hear Aaron using back at him!

This team is having fun. If there’s one thing that I like most about Lafleur it’s how much he’s empowered and encouraged guys to just bring their own personality and their own style of football too.

RashanGary
10-24-2019, 09:12 PM
AR does not feel smothered or held back. You can tell. AR finally has a big stat day, but he’s just as happy to hand off for 4 touchdowns or see Jamaal Williams run for 100. AR will get his stat days again, but I do think there is a lot of group joy on the team where that’s not the focus.

But Hackett today said it perfectly. He said, yeah, Aaron had a good day, but the OL played well and the running backs are running well so that opens up the pass, and the receivers are running well and guys are blocking for each other. So Aaron played well but he got help from all 11.

That’s is a message that helps everyone feel important and a part of. We all know Aaron looks like shit when he’s on shit teams so it’s not all AR.