PDA

View Full Version : Egotists & Egoists - Iggles (Week 4)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-27-2019, 07:24 AM
The first time I witnessed artistic motion pictures of amorous fetish activities, I was as stone-cold impotent as Ted Thompson any day at the Oval Office. That's when I discovered that I ain't a fucking masochist. As I ain't a masochist, I'm ain't gonna review films of this loss. Here are this week's egoists and egotists, all based on my memory of watching the game "live" in 5 seconds delays via over the air antenna.

Egoists (losers):

Great Arm of Butte - Pretty numbers...Debunked Father Time and made plays with legs...But performance was all in vain...Choked in the clutch, alas.

Run Defense - Martinez, Clark, Lowry, Lancaster, #93, all wankers vs the run...The Packers miss Mt. Adams and his impregnable force penetration.

Crosby - Provided great field positions for the Iggles.

Jones - Tex insists that the OL sucks, but where's that great vision Jones displayed last season?

Egotists (winners):

Adams - Pray to the Neon God Adams' toe injury ain't serious...Adams' the only Wu-Tang WR on the roster.

Odds and Ends: Pump fake. Throw to wide open Shepherd. 6. League review. Offensive PI on Shepherd. 2nd and 13. All that shit is better than throwing a game-ending pick.

texaspackerbacker
09-27-2019, 12:03 PM
I STRONGLY disagree about Rodgers. He damn near won the game despite all the crap in so many ways by so many. The "choke" at the end was obviously a bad no call - photographic proof of that. He does get blame, though, for not throwing to Shepherd on the interception play and to some extent for the strip sack - although that was mostly Lewis's fault.

I don't know about blaming Jones. His "great vision" probably showed him nothing but unblocked Eagles - no holes.

Crosby maybe - because of the OB kick, but the long return was caused by the outside guy on the coverage team not doing his job - Josh Jackson I think. Crosby saved a TD with a nice (for a kicker) tackle.

Absolutely right - huge "egoism" on the run D. I say again, it's hard to believe M. Adams made that much of a difference.

Damn right I insist the O Line sucks - because they do. They did in the three wins, and they did much worse last night - literally no holes to run through and piss poor pass blocking virtually on every pass play.

Even though Jimmy Graham was more decent at times than previous games, he dropped a couple of catchable passes at critical times including 4th down at the 1.

The worst "egoist" of all, of course, was God damned LaFleur for his play calling and "new offense" in general. Pettine also gets a lesser "egoist" rating for not finding a way to adjust.

On the "egotist" side, one guy who is conspicuous by his absence on the very short list is your old favorite - Geronimo Allison.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-28-2019, 01:12 PM
I thought Crosby altered momentum with his poop kicks. The first one, the long return, might be the coach commending Crosby to kick it short. But the one that went OB, was the coach stupid enough to call another poop kick?

Just kick it deep into the fucking endzone! They shoulda kept the other guy. Crosby has grown inconsistent with his kickoffs.

Virtually the same OL last season; Jones showed great visions. Was able to find microscopic holes and daylight out of nothing. Not so much thus far this season.

Nice post, Tex.

Fritz
09-29-2019, 10:04 AM
I STRONGLY disagree about Rodgers. He damn near won the game despite all the crap in so many ways by so many. The "choke" at the end was obviously a bad no call - photographic proof of that. He does get blame, though, for not throwing to Shepherd on the interception play and to some extent for the strip sack - although that was mostly Lewis's fault.

I don't know about blaming Jones. His "great vision" probably showed him nothing but unblocked Eagles - no holes.

Crosby maybe - because of the OB kick, but the long return was caused by the outside guy on the coverage team not doing his job - Josh Jackson I think. Crosby saved a TD with a nice (for a kicker) tackle.

Absolutely right - huge "egoism" on the run D. I say again, it's hard to believe M. Adams made that much of a difference.

Damn right I insist the O Line sucks - because they do. They did in the three wins, and they did much worse last night - literally no holes to run through and piss poor pass blocking virtually on every pass play.

Even though Jimmy Graham was more decent at times than previous games, he dropped a couple of catchable passes at critical times including 4th down at the 1.

The worst "egoist" of all, of course, was God damned LaFleur for his play calling and "new offense" in general. Pettine also gets a lesser "egoist" rating for not finding a way to adjust.

On the "egotist" side, one guy who is conspicuous by his absence on the very short list is your old favorite - Geronimo Allison.

I thought I saw, on the interception, a Packer receiver break totally free into the right corner of the end zone because three Eagle defenders went with MVS. Was that the case, and if so, was the receiver Shepherd?

Joemailman
09-29-2019, 10:07 AM
I thought I saw, on the interception, a Packer receiver break totally free into the right corner of the end zone because three Eagle defenders went with MVS. Was that the case, and if so, was the receiver Shepherd?

Here ya go Fritz.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFch3QzU8Ac9XUk?format=jpg&name=small

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2019, 10:49 AM

Yes. That's why I wrote this "He does get blame, though, for not throwing to Shepherd on the interception play".

mraynrand
09-29-2019, 10:54 AM

Sheppard set a pick that wasn’t really effective for Scantron. He came open because his defender was picked and they doubled Scantron. Packers we’re trying to exploit the backup dB. They should have handed off to Marshawn.

Joemailman
09-29-2019, 10:58 AM
Yes. That's why I wrote this "He does get blame, though, for not throwing to Shepherd on the interception play".

At the time Rodgers threw the ball though, I doubt he could see Shepherd. MVS, who is 6-4, along with the defenders, would have been between Rodgers and Shepherd who is 5-9. Just a tough break for the Packers. Eagles blew a defensive assignment and got away with it.

Radagast
09-29-2019, 11:02 AM
Tex, check your ego for a change and find something positive to say (for a change). LaFleur is not going anywhere for the next few years. Your impatience with a 3 - 1 GB record with a new HC is beyond your normal thickhead level of thinking. Losing a close game is NFL Normal and is not grounds for panicking the villagers.

Go beat your horse and post again when you can articulate a reasonable argument. :beat:

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2019, 12:12 PM
Sheppard set a pick that wasn’t really effective for Scantron. He came open because his defender was picked and they doubled Scantron. Packers we’re trying to exploit the backup dB. They should have handed off to Marshawn.

I bet the nerds in NY call OPI on Shepherd had the Packers scored. Again, I ain’t a masochist, so I ain’t gonna review any films from this game. But replays during the broadcast kinda show Shepherd throwing a Cook pick, if my memory is correct.

OPI and DPI on the same play. Replay the fucking down!

Btw, you can thank Todd for Lynch never donning the Green and Gold.

mraynrand
09-29-2019, 12:16 PM
I bet the nerds in NY call OPI on Shepherd had the Packers scored. Again, I ain’t a masochist, so I ain’t gonna review any films from this game. But replays during the broadcast kinda show Shepherd throwing a Cook pick, if my memory is correct.

It might have been within a yard of LOS. I am a masochist, so I'll check later after my ablutions.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-29-2019, 12:37 PM
At the time Rodgers threw the ball though, I doubt he could see Shepherd. MVS, who is 6-4, along with the defenders, would have been between Rodgers and Shepherd who is 5-9. Just a tough break for the Packers. Eagles blew a defensive assignment and got away with it.

If McCarthy had called the play, Rodgers woulda thrown a no looker to Shepherd. 12 had mastered McCarthy’s offense; knew where everyone and their baby’s mama were supposed to be.

Rodgers appears to be overthinking in the new offense. 12 is smart but he’s not ready to write a dissertation on the Gruden-Shannahan WCO (watch Hard Knocks; McVay got his start as a “piss boy” in Tampa with Gruden). Even a smart fuck like Hulk had to consult Ironman about time travel in the lame flick End Game (and this sentence is relevant to Butte learning a new offense b/c? Dunno.)

Or it’s possible Rodgers simply choked. In. Da. Clutch. Dude wasn’t pressured on the play, if memory serves me well. No excuse for throwing into triple coverage.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2019, 02:27 PM

Yeah yeah yeah, some of you guys are so full of excuses for Rodgers hahahahaha.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2019, 02:33 PM
Tex, check your ego for a change and find something positive to say (for a change). LaFleur is not going anywhere for the next few years. Your impatience with a 3 - 1 GB record with a new HC is beyond your normal thickhead level of thinking. Losing a close game is NFL Normal and is not grounds for panicking the villagers.

Go beat your horse and post again when you can articulate a reasonable argument. :beat:

ok hahahahaha

A win is a win is a win, and we have 3 out of 4. Also, a championship is a championship is a championship - and I'm confident the Packers will have plenty of those in the LaFleur years (in spite of, not because of him - oops, sorry to backslide to negativity hahahaha).

Does anybody see irony in me being lectured for not being positive enough? hahahahahahahaha