PDA

View Full Version : 2020 offseason (draft and free agency)

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 12:09 AM
23M space

Cut Graham and Lane Taylor. Save 15M

38M space

Resign Martinez 9M

Extend Clark 7M on top of the 10 already on books

Move on from
Bulaga
Mercedes
Tramon
Fackrell
Allison

Free agency
Shaq Thompson ILb 12M

10M of play left over

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 12:44 AM
In the draft, later in round 1 you can find receivers and running backs. So I’m hoping for one or the other. Or maybe a TE. I like MVS more as a 3 than a 2 and I like Jones more as a 2 than a 1.

I’ve watched a lot of games this year and Jones isn’t anywhere near a top back.

Chubb
McCaffrey
Cook
Zeke
Jacobs
Mixon
Henry
Ronald Jones (I even like Tampa’s backup more)
Marlon Mack
Gore (grandpa is even better)
McCoy
Kamara
Gurley

Jones is somewhere in the bottom half of starting running backs. MVS is no where near guys like Chark or Godwin or a bunch of these other #2s. We need more on offense. I’d take a TE if it’s a guy like Hock who can catch and block. We just need someone who can help move the ball.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 12:55 AM
Packers defense is better than most but our only quality skill player on offense is Adams. Not good enough.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Jones is probably, by career average alone, better than 75% of those players. But he may not be in this offense.

Spending a #1 or 2 on a zone, one cut running back is not likely.

Cheesehead Craig
10-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Jones is probably, by career average alone, better than 75% of those players. But he may not be in this offense.

Spending a #1 or 2 on a zone, one cut running back is not likely.

So you're saying we're not getting Johnathan Taylor

Teamcheez1
10-02-2019, 08:38 AM
23M space

Cut Graham and Lane Taylor. Save 15M

38M space

Resign Martinez 9M

Extend Clark 7M on top of the 10 already on books

Move on from
Bulaga
Mercedes
Tramon
Fackrell
Allison

Free agency
Shaq Thompson ILb 12M

10M of play left over

If you cut Graham and Taylor you gain about $12.9 M - Graham $8.35M, Taylor $4.55M (combined they still have dead cap money totaling $5M). Moving on from both is likely.

Not re-signing Mercedes, Bulaga, and Tramon nets you $16.8M. No dead money as all of these players are free agents.

Fackrell $2.2M and Allison $2.46 M gain you about $4.7M. I can see bringing one or both of these players back on minimal contracts, but both could be on their way out.

So whatever our starting cap available number is, we will gain at least $29.7M with Graham, Taylor, Mercedes, Bulaga, and Tramon not being resigned. Fackrell and Allison would take available funds up to $34.4M.
What is the $23M number from you start at?

Not sure besides Clark and Martinez who else needs to be resigned.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 08:51 AM
So you're saying we're not getting Johnathan Taylor

Is he rated that high? I know his numbers and track background suggest he has speed, but when I watch he seems a step slower than explosive.

Love his talent, not sure he's right for this offense.

bobblehead
10-02-2019, 09:07 AM
I would not move on from Bulaga if we can get him for a fair deal. Same with Fackrell if he will take backup money. I think drafting a RB and WR in 1/2 is very possible. I also think BPA is the way to go though.

Patler
10-02-2019, 10:15 AM
I would like to see them be able to move on from Allison as the second or third receiver, but I won't mind having him on the roster next year. He shows some toughness and Rodgers has always trusted him. I can't imagine he will get much of a contract, unless he has a significant year this year, in which case I would want to keep him anyway.

I expect they will let Bulaga leave, just like they did with Matthews, Perry and Cobb this year. Similar player, very good if healthy, but never really healthy. Some team will probably give Bulaga more than they should, hoping 2020 will be that one year in four that he remains healthy. Anyone hear anything about his current injury?

Taylor isn't that expensive. I could see them keeping him around at least for camp in case they plan to use Turner at RT. Although, long term they might be satisfied with one of Patrick, Pankay or Madison at one of the guards, or even Light at RT. It will be interesting to see what they do if Bulaga is out this week.

Cheesehead Craig
10-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Is he rated that high? I know his numbers and track background suggest he has speed, but when I watch he seems a step slower than explosive.

Love his talent, not sure he's right for this offense.

I don't think he's right for us either. He's definitely a first or high 2nd round back, he's getting raved about a lot. He's getting better as a receiver and blocker. He's a sprinter for WI track, so he's got the top end speed and he's made teams pay if he gets a step on a defender.

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
There is a zero percent chance you're resigning Kenny Clark for 7M. He's an 18M/yr guy at least.

I predict they'll keep the Buluga Whale because he's exceptional when he's healthy.

texaspackerbacker
10-02-2019, 12:12 PM
I believe he was saying $7M plus the current contract for $10M for Clark.

I suppose unloading Graham and Tramon is the thing to do; Dumping Lewis for sure is good. Allison and Fackrell are ok for the money they make - keep them.

It's virtually always a mistake to draft a RB in the first or second round or even third. Much as I'd like to get Jonathan Taylor, I wouldn't draft him that high, and he won't be there any longer. The same thing usually applies to drafting O Linemen.

I would go all in for O Linemen in agency - two of the best we can possibly afford.

As for the draft, it seems like our other big weakness is D Line. I'd go for the nearest we can find to another Kenny Clark. I wonder if there is any thought of bulking up Gary just a bit, and making him a D Lineman.

We don't need WR help - Valdez-Scantling is gonna be a star; Don't sell short Kumerow; Allison ain't bad; I still have hope for ESB and Lazard.

I wanted a new kicker this season; I still want one next season.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Sporttrac has them at 23M next year with guys under contract

I was a little off on the amount saved with Graham and Taylor but close

Clark is already on the books for 10M so I just added 7

Saying Jones is good because of YPC is like saying Fackrell is good for his 10 sack season

bobblehead
10-02-2019, 09:53 PM
I believe he was saying $7M plus the current contract for $10M for Clark.

I suppose unloading Graham and Tramon is the thing to do; Dumping Lewis for sure is good. Allison and Fackrell are ok for the money they make - keep them.

It's virtually always a mistake to draft a RB in the first or second round or even third. Much as I'd like to get Jonathan Taylor, I wouldn't draft him that high, and he won't be there any longer. The same thing usually applies to drafting O Linemen.

I would go all in for O Linemen in agency - two of the best we can possibly afford.

As for the draft, it seems like our other big weakness is D Line. I'd go for the nearest we can find to another Kenny Clark. I wonder if there is any thought of bulking up Gary just a bit, and making him a D Lineman.

We don't need WR help - Valdez-Scantling is gonna be a star; Don't sell short Kumerow; Allison ain't bad; I still have hope for ESB and Lazard.

I wanted a new kicker this season; I still want one next season.

Teams that have recently drafted a RB in the first. Patriots and Rams. Teams in last years Owl. Patriots and Rams.

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Teams that have recently drafted a RB in the first. Patriots and Rams. Teams in last years Owl. Patriots and Rams.

Team loaded with talent from a shitty org perpetually underachieving ala the 49ers of 2010s - Rams.

Team that would have made the Owl without a 1st round RB - Patriots.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Not sure Sony Michel is what is driving the SB train.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 10:40 PM
TT used to say big guys are the hardest to find. Gute said during roster cut downs you can usually find legs on cut downs but you can’t really find bigs if they’re not already on your roster.

These are the two GMs I’ve followed most closely and both agree big guys are hard to find.....

If Gute takes a big guy I’ll never complain because I do think there is some football wisdom in prioritizing bigs.

But............

If you draft Gronk, Kittle, Kamara, McCaffrey, Quinten Nelson, Earl Thomas or any number of potential or future HOF players at less sought after positions with a first round pick, you always feel good about it. I don’t believe in hard rules. I believe in leaning toward certain rare positions but don’t reach if it’s not there.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 07:35 AM
TT used to say big guys are the hardest to find.

That's counter-intuitive. Gilbert Brown always lost at hide and seek.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 07:43 AM

Hey, remember when Cleveland drafted Trent Richardson #3 overall? Good times. He was considered the most productive player in Alcoholics Anonymous Football (AAF), so there is that feather in his cap.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 08:00 AM

It’s been 4 games in. Your theory about ‘We Don’t Need WR Help’ has been debunked into the abyss of oblivion.

Maybe the upcoming game VS ‘Merica’s Team without Adams will finally burst your bubble.

The Packers have Adams and Wankers. None of the Wankers would make the Cincinnati Bengals 53.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Really? I'd say the jury is still out on that hahahahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Clark ain’t worth 18 M/yr. he’s not that midget DT in LA, nor is he a in-his-prime Gerald McCoy.

Why folks so down on TWill. Other than getting flagged for personal foul, we haven’t heard much from TWill. That’s a good thing for a nickel corner.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I'd say the jury is still out on Clark too. He's been hot and cold, with a little too much cold to suit me to receive $18 M/yr.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 08:09 AM
It’s been 4 games in. Your theory about ‘We Don’t Need WR Help’ has been debunked into the abyss of oblivion.

Wait, didn't the Packers just roll up 422 yards passing against Philly, 66 on the final drive without Adams?

I agree that the talent level at WR needs to improve, but how bad off are they really. They are in a good enough place that they were able to trade away powerhouse punt returner and crossing route maven Tyreek Davis.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Really? I'd say the jury is still out on that hahahahahaha.

There ain't nothing left to debate. After 4 games, this much we know:

MVS is inconsistent. Inconsistent hands. Inconsistent route running.

Sloth is sloth. He'll score once in a blue moon, but, he sucks so bad, he's coverable by any fat defensive tackle out there.

Kumerow is injury prone and arouses nothing the rare times he's out in the rye.

Lazard: Ruvall Martin clone.

Shepherd: Queens, Kittens and Bares fans are saying, who?

In other words, i was right. Warned y'all about the wankerism of the WR crops in the offseason. Time has proved me right.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Wait, didn't the Packers just roll up 422 yards passing against Philly, 66 on the final drive without Adams?

I agree that the talent level at WR needs to improve, but how bad off are they really. They are in a good enough place that they were able to trade away powerhouse punt returner and crossing route maven Tyreek Davis.

Tyreek Hill clone Mecole Hardman was available in the 2nd at the Packers pick. Instead, German Shepherd took....

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Tyreek Hill clone Mecole Hardman was available in the 2nd at the Packers pick. Instead, German Shepherd took....

Trade up for Savage? Yep, great pick.

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Not sure Sony Michel is what is driving the SB train.

Team loaded with talent from a shitty org perpetually underachieving ala the 49ers of 2010s - Rams.

Team that would have made the Owl without a 1st round RB - Patriots.

I'm just giving Tex shit. I think you guys know how I feel about the RB position. Give me a dominant OL every time.

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Trade up for Savage? Yep, great pick.

I think he meant Elgton Jenkins who is keeping ARod upright long enough to hit Allison for big plays. I'm sure ARod could hit Hardman from his ass.

run pMc
10-03-2019, 01:51 PM
After last year's issues at Guard I'm not surprised they made the moves they did, including the Jenkins pick (who is apparently working out pretty good). I would have loved for them to have taken Mecole Hardman or A.J. Brown or Terry McLaurin, but I also understand giving the year2 WRs a chance to make that leap. I think MVS *might* eventually make it, but agree this offseason they will have to find better receivers. The Allison/Kumerow/Sheppard/Lazard group is not going to scare anyone, and MVS is pretty inconsistent.

They can manufacture yards with the scheme and Rodgers' magic, but since Graham's best days are behind him Adams is the only playmaking receiver they have.

I'd rather they keep Taylor or trade him vs. just waive him. His contract isn't that horrible, and if you keep him he's pretty good depth unless you're a bigger fan of Lucas Patrick.
Graham is done, but I'm not convinced Tonyan or Sternberger are ready for 50 snaps a game.

On D, Clark is a must to extend. The others I'd let play out...I think they all could be replaced. Martinez is good at making the calls but beyond that he's ok. I think they'll need to find another ILB in the draft. Summers might be able to fill in for Martinez, and Burks is a mystery.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 04:36 PM
I think he meant Elgton Jenkins who is keeping ARod upright long enough to hit Allison for big plays. I'm sure ARod could hit Hardman from his ass.

Oh sure. I was thinking "second pick" not second round. Yes, the 'Center' has been playing pretty well at LG.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2019, 06:22 PM

Sloth is sloth. He'll score once in a blue moon, but, he sucks so bad, he's coverable by any fat defensive tackle out there.

In other words, i was right. Warned y'all about the wankerism of the WR crops in the offseason. Time has proved me right.

I'll bet you that 3 to 5 years from now, Valdez-Scantling is generally acknowledged as better than Metcalf.

Allison makes a lot of plays for somebody who gets so little respect - especially from you.

Kumerow also makes a lot of plays when he is in the game. I think it is too soon to call him injury-prone. As a 3rd or 4th best receiver, I like him.

Lazard: I liked Ruvell Martin too hahahahaha. I'm pretty sure Lazard is faster and a better deep threat.

I'd really like either Kumerow or Lazard or both given a try as a TE. Bulk 'em up if necessary - or not.

Shepherd looked damn good in preseason. People theoretically wiser than you or I decided he was a better return man than Trevor Davis.

Queens, Kittens and Bares fans? Fuck the whole bunch of them ....... oops, there I go again being a bad role model to you hahahahaha.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Kumerow also makes a lot of plays when he is in the game. I think it is too soon to call him injury-prone. As a 3rd or 4th best receiver, I like him.

He's had 7 snaps, 1 target, and 1 reception for 12 yards in two games this season.

Joemailman
10-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Too soon? He's 27 years old. Before the Packers, he was injury-prone with Cincinnati. Do we have to wait until he's 30 to call him injury-prone?

pbmax
10-03-2019, 07:50 PM

Still waiting an answer for how the 422 yards was problematic. You can come up with a half assed critique of any WR corp.

pbmax
10-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Oh sure. I was thinking "second pick" not second round. Yes, the 'Center' has been playing pretty well at LG.

Damn. I had a great reference for Savage from this week.

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Too soon? He's 27 years old. Before the Packers, he was injury-prone with Cincinnati. Do we have to wait until he's 30 to call him injury-prone?

Kumerow is the Matt Flynn of wide receivers. He's brilliant in preseason but come regular season he disappears. I am over the feel-good story of him. If the Packers released him he would probably go the way of Janis.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2019, 10:45 PM
So am I the only one still on the Kumerow bandwagon? hahahahaha. I was referring to his performance in preseason games, since he has had so few snaps in the regular season. I still say he seems to have a knack for getting open and should have a place on this team. At 6'5", I'd also like to see him at TE.

bobblehead
10-04-2019, 10:38 AM
He's had 7 snaps, 1 target, and 1 reception for 12 yards in two games this season.

See...give him a full game and thats like 9 catches for 100+ yards. STUD!!!

mraynrand
10-04-2019, 11:44 AM
See...give him a full game and thats like 9 catches for 100+ yards. STUD!!!

Exactly. Tyreek Davis had a 100% catch rate, a 28 yard reception average and the Packers let him go.

Fritz
10-04-2019, 12:15 PM
After last year's issues at Guard I'm not surprised they made the moves they did, including the Jenkins pick (who is apparently working out pretty good). I would have loved for them to have taken Mecole Hardman or A.J. Brown or Terry McLaurin, but I also understand giving the year2 WRs a chance to make that leap. I think MVS *might* eventually make it, but agree this offseason they will have to find better receivers. The Allison/Kumerow/Sheppard/Lazard group is not going to scare anyone, and MVS is pretty inconsistent.

They can manufacture yards with the scheme and Rodgers' magic, but since Graham's best days are behind him Adams is the only playmaking receiver they have.

I'd rather they keep Taylor or trade him vs. just waive him. His contract isn't that horrible, and if you keep him he's pretty good depth unless you're a bigger fan of Lucas Patrick.
Graham is done, but I'm not convinced Tonyan or Sternberger are ready for 50 snaps a game.

On D, Clark is a must to extend. The others I'd let play out...I think they all could be replaced. Martinez is good at making the calls but beyond that he's ok. I think they'll need to find another ILB in the draft. Summers might be able to fill in for Martinez, and Burks is a mystery.

I am only a casual fan, but I can't quite figure out why Tonyan isn't getting more snaps and more balls thrown to him. I can remember only three he's had thrown in his direction in the bits and pieces of games I've seen this year, and he's caught two of them. One, in the Philly game, was, I think, his only target, yet he made a tough catch in an important moment. His blocking has also supposedly improved and can't be any worse than Graham's, anyway. Why not give him a bigger chance? He seems ready.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Graham hasn't been great; He probably hasn't been worth the money he is paid, but it does seem like he gets open better than Tonyan or Lewis and also shows more ability to run after the catch.

pbmax
10-04-2019, 12:42 PM
So am I the only one still on the Kumerow bandwagon? hahahahaha. I was referring to his performance in preseason games, since he has had so few snaps in the regular season. I still say he seems to have a knack for getting open and should have a place on this team. At 6'5", I'd also like to see him at TE.

I'd think you could design a specialty role for him in short yardage or goal line. But there are bigger issues to worry about just now.

pbmax
10-04-2019, 12:44 PM
I am only a casual fan, but I can't quite figure out why Tonyan isn't getting more snaps and more balls thrown to him. I can remember only three he's had thrown in his direction in the bits and pieces of games I've seen this year, and he's caught two of them. One, in the Philly game, was, I think, his only target, yet he made a tough catch in an important moment. His blocking has also supposedly improved and can't be any worse than Graham's, anyway. Why not give him a bigger chance? He seems ready.

I would love for Lewis to be the starter and Graham and Tonyan to enter the game as the 2nd TE or for the four or five receiver package. Lewis can still block and give your run game help. He can catch a five yard bail out pass and let the RB release down the field. And right now, that RB releasing is better than Graham I think.

You stick Tonyan and Graham out there and see if the D changes to a nickel or dime. Then you throw or pass based off that.

EDIT: Then you throw or run based off that.

mraynrand
10-04-2019, 12:46 PM
You stick Tonyan and Graham out there and see if the D changes to a nickel or dime. Then you throw or pass based off that.

The Tex offense: throw or pass

pbmax
10-04-2019, 12:48 PM
The Tex offense: throw or pass

:oops:

Either way you would be correct with the play call :lol:

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Somebody talked about if Zimmer is fired, he'll get picked up as a DC in a minute; Well, if Kliff Kingsbury is fired by Arizona, I want him for OC and his offensive scheme - not saying it would ever happen, but I'd be happy if it did.

bobblehead
10-05-2019, 09:13 AM

2 things. It always takes Rodgers a minute to trust young guys. Also, Rodgers has historically not used TE other than on the edge. He is just getting used to looking for it consistently, and now that he is, they are trying to get Graham involved more. As the season wears on I expect Tonyan to take that job and be effective. To run the M4 offense it MUST happen.

bobblehead
10-05-2019, 09:15 AM
I would love for Lewis to be the starter and Graham and Tonyan to enter the game as the 2nd TE or for the four or five receiver package. Lewis can still block and give your run game help. He can catch a five yard bail out pass and let the RB release down the field. And right now, that RB releasing is better than Graham I think.

EDIT: Then you throw or run based off that.

Wow...you sound like another guy on this board who has been saying a TE must be able to do both or its a waste of the position. Show one look and do another. If only we had a duel threat TE and a really good duel threat WR/RB like say Bennett, Cobb and Montgomery....maybe we could confuse teams with that array of talent.

mraynrand
10-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Wow...you sound like another guy on this board who has been saying a TE must be able to do both or its a waste of the position. Show one look and do another. If only we had a duel threat TE and a really good duel threat WR/RB like say Bennett, Cobb and Montgomery....maybe we could confuse teams with that array of talent.

Monty had 2 rushes for 1 yard, one target and no reception in the last Jets game. Yet another team that doesn't know how to use this all pro talent.

Radagast
10-05-2019, 11:13 AM
2 things. It always takes Rodgers a minute to trust young guys. Also, Rodgers has historically not used TE other than on the edge. He is just getting used to looking for it consistently, and now that he is, they are trying to get Graham involved more. As the season wears on I expect Tonyan to take that job and be effective. To run the M4 offense it MUST happen.

Sir, you are my hero. Please allow me to continue to read more inspiring post like this one. I'd say the same things, but my post are considered anti-big parade and yours are respected.

Please remain the voice of sanity and intelligence that I've grown to admire.

:tup:

RashanGary
10-05-2019, 11:51 AM
NBC has Packers taking Jonathan Taylor in their way too early mock draft. I’d be ok with that.

Top Playmakers
Adams
Taylor
MVS in his 3rd season

I think that’s enough for Rodgers to make things happen with. A star RB would be ideal for AR to finish out his career with.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Graham hasn't been great; He probably hasn't been worth the money he is paid, but it does seem like he gets open better than Tonyan or Lewis and also shows more ability to run after the catch.

Graham? Run after the catch? Lol. Dude falls down like a sack of spuds. Pack haven't had a great run after the catch TE since J-Mike.

Man, I used to hang with J-Mike: used to bang with J-Mike; even slang with J-Mike. Goddamn I miss J-Mike. To paraphrase Master P.

pbmax
10-05-2019, 12:37 PM

I’d be OK with one dimensional Graham if he was his old self. But he is now almost as limited a receiver as Lewis.

Might as well block better.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Still waiting an answer for how the 422 yards was problematic. You can come up with a half assed critique of any WR corp.

A fluke maybe. Besides Adams accounted for most of the recieving yards.

Adams can't be counted on to play 16 games in a season, and German Shepherd did absolutely nothing in the offseason - and currently doing absolutely nothing - to upgrade the receiving crops.

Wolf signed Rison, for fuck's sake. Get Dez on a plane to Green Bay. Better yet, sigh AB!

Zool
10-05-2019, 01:02 PM
I’d be OK with one dimensional Graham if he was his old self. But he is now almost as limited a receiver as Lewis.

Might as well block better.

I want Graham and Lewis to duel each other to see who gets a paycheck.

Radagast
10-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Given more game plays, IMO Robert Tonyan Jr. could surpass both Graham and Lewis. However who plays more is decided in darkened rooms where coaches and players study the game and practice videos. From the little I've seen, Tonyan has a truck load of talent and they must know it as well. Roders confidence (or lack of) in a rookie TE could be holding him back. Perhaps he will earn more confidence vs Dallas (week 5). IMO, he is already doing very well on Special Teams.

With Adams injured, might we see more 2 TE sets? Let's hope so.

pbmax
10-05-2019, 05:40 PM
From the little I've seen, Tonyan has a truck load of talent and they must know it as well.

You are saying
1. Coaches watch a lot of purpose built film (not TV) to form opinions on players each week. Including practice.

2. You have seen him a little bit on TV.

3. You think he is talented

4. Coaches must agree.

Bretsky
10-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Somebody talked about if Zimmer is fired, he'll get picked up as a DC in a minute; Well, if Kliff Kingsbury is fired by Arizona, I want him for OC and his offensive scheme - not saying it would ever happen, but I'd be happy if it did.

When Zimmer gets fired don't be surprised if MIKE MCCARTHY is their next HC

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 05:15 PM
When Zimmer gets fired don't be surprised if MIKE MCCARTHY is their next HC

this kind of emotional terrorism is really unappreciated.

Joemailman
10-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Today's game showed Packers do not have a #2 WR. Has to be priority in draft next year.

Zool
10-06-2019, 08:38 PM
They have a bunch of WRs who look like a pile of #2. Does that count?

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:40 PM
They have a bunch of WRs who look like a pile of #2. Does that count?

Just need some light work done.

https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/346/posts/27322/final_image/Frankenstein_final.jpg

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Today's game showed Packers do not have a #2 WR. Has to be priority in draft next year.

Agree

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:06 PM
On the bright side, there are a lot of really good receivers taken every year from late round 1 - early round 3. We should get a stab at, at least one of them.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:06 PM
It’s better to need a WR than to need a pass rusher or QB.

Joemailman
10-10-2019, 06:52 PM
On the bright side, there are a lot of really good receivers taken every year from late round 1 - early round 3. We should get a stab at, at least one of them.

This could be a good year to go WR. I looked at a couple big boards and they have 8-9 WR's in the top 60 overall. In the great 2014 draft, the Davante Adams was the 9th WR taken with the 53rd pick.

mraynrand
10-10-2019, 07:17 PM
It’s better to need a WR than to need a pass rusher or QB.

yup

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2019, 08:56 PM
I said last time we should not draft a WR in the first couple of rounds, and I say the same thing this time.

Adams, MVS, St. Brown coming back, Lazard, Shepherd, Kumerow, even Allison, that's a roster full. I don't want to bring in some high draft pick or give up a lot in a trade just to get somebody to replace one of them hahahahahaha.

pbmax
10-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Round 2 WR. Round 4 OL. Why is this so difficult?

Maybe if a Pro Bowl OT is there in the first you can spend R4 on a FB.

Round 3 should be TE or safety.

run pMc
10-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Agree with PB.
I think it's a little early still in Year 2, so MVS could develop, but at this point I agree adding a WR somewhere in R2-4 would help the team. They're going to need a OT, pass coverage LB, and depth at TE and the secondary as well. Graham is done, Tramon probably won't be back, and the youngsters have to prove they can do it if Amos and Savage aren't healthy and roaming the secondary.

RashanGary
10-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Round 2 WR. Round 4 OL. Why is this so difficult?

Maybe if a Pro Bowl OT is there in the first you can spend R4 on a FB.

Round 3 should be TE or safety.

Drafts do usually fall this way. Teams take pass rusher, QBs, DL and OL first. Also really unique skill players or fast defenders. After that, you end up with smart, talented players who maybe have a blemish or two but not as many good big guys. They were taken first. So receivers, corners, safeties seem to hit in round 2. TEs, RBs ILBs developmental OL round 3, all sorts of developmental big guys round 4. Super talented luxury picks like FBs or kickers, returners or punters round 4. Developmental anything’s after that.

Bretsky
10-12-2019, 04:39 PM
There are SEVERAL Wisconsin Badgers on Defense that would look GREAT in GREEN n GOLD

He doesn't have the measurables, but I'm going to be cheering for Chris Orr in the NFL. He's the smartest player on the field nearly every week he plays. Great Badger who most likely gets drafted but late