PDA

View Full Version : Stick with me and you’ll never go hungry again: Week 5 NFL Bet

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Texans covering 5-1/2 at -110

21.51 to win $20

Falcons OL is pathetic
Texans DL is tough

Falcons run game is non-existant
Ryan is a statue

Falcons defense is just bad

Texans offense is streaky, but I can’t picture Atlanta moving the ball at all vs the Texans and the Texans should be able to beat up on a bad Falcon defense.

QBME
10-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Texans covering 5-1/2 at -110

21.51 to win $20

Falcons OL is pathetic
Texans DL is tough

Falcons run game is non-existant
Ryan is a statue

Falcons defense is just bad

Texans offense is streaky, but I can’t picture Atlanta moving the ball at all vs the Texans and the Texans should be able to beat up on a bad Falcon defense.

I absolutely suck at wagering (and therefore don't) but this is really interesting.
How do you stand season-to-date?

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Up 10% or $10. I just started with 100 to see if I could win. I was hoping for better.

pittstang5
10-02-2019, 07:39 PM
The Broncos/Chargers game is intriguing. Denver is desperate for a win. With the line at -6.5, I think Denver at least covers.

Vincenzo
10-02-2019, 10:02 PM
The Broncos/Chargers game is intriguing. Denver is desperate for a win. With the line at -6.5, I think Denver at least covers.
Keep ‘em coming, I’m down for this pick.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 11:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Chargers with a lot of turnovers on offense or they’d be better. Don’t know if that’s a fluke or if that’s who they are. But chargers not playing very good football to start the season.

Broncos are clearly playing worse, but they have it in them to win games. They’re not that bad. I was considering the moneyline on that one at +235. I had a hard time pulling the trigger cuz I have a feeling rivers is gonna stop turning the ball over 3 times per game and then my money will be gone before the first quarter is over and I’ll be like, fuck.

But it definitely crossed my mind. The Chargers have turned the ball over enough to lose to anyone and the Broncos aren’t horrible. It’s intriguing for sure

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 11:18 PM
The Chargers would have lost to the Colts too, if not for easy missed field goals and extra points by Vinetari.... Like i said, that’s the upset that crossed my mind too. I just hate to bet, counting on Rivers to turn the ball over 3 times AGAIN. I just can’t imagine he’s gonna keep doing that.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 11:30 PM
I watch the games and jot down little notes.

The Chargers I have down as solid except the turnovers in the three games I watched. I don’t watch dolphin games so I didn’t see that one.

The Broncos I have down as having consistently bad pass offense and bad defense overall. So it’s not turnovers. It’s consistent bad football.

Chargers turnovers are the wild card. I just keep thinking they’re gonna clean that up tho. They’re solid otherwise and that is fixable. But at +235 maybe you make a small bet and triple it up if the turnovers come again.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 07:30 AM
The Chargers would have lost to the Colts too, if not for easy missed field goals and extra points by Vinetari.... Like i said, that’s the upset that crossed my mind too. I just hate to bet, counting on Rivers to turn the ball over 3 times AGAIN. I just can’t imagine he’s gonna keep doing that.

Rivers has a bit of Brett Favre in him. When the game's getting away from the Chargers, and he isn't getting help from the guys around him and/or the defense, you can just see him switching gears. "Fuck it. Someone needs to win this thing" he thinks before rifling a pass into triple coverage.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Rivers has a bit of Brett Favre in him. When the game's getting away from the Chargers, and he isn't getting help from the guys around him and/or the defense, you can just see him switching gears. "Fuck it. Someone needs to win this thing" he thinks before rifling a pass into triple coverage.

Just a little bit. Maybe mentally. Phil Rivers ain’t got Favre’s cannon arm.

Wanna know who reminds me a lot of Favre now that Jay-C is retired? Da Mulatto Pat Mahomes. Mahomes has so many receiving weapons, throwing into triple coverage ain’t really an option for him, unlike Favre during the season he was throwing to Taco Wallace and Antonio Chatman.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 07:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Chargers with a lot of turnovers on offense or they’d be better. Don’t know if that’s a fluke or if that’s who they are. But chargers not playing very good football to start the season.

Broncos are clearly playing worse, but they have it in them to win games. They’re not that bad. I was considering the moneyline on that one at +235. I had a hard time pulling the trigger cuz I have a feeling rivers is gonna stop turning the ball over 3 times per game and then my money will be gone before the first quarter is over and I’ll be like, fuck.

But it definitely crossed my mind. The Chargers have turned the ball over enough to lose to anyone and the Broncos aren’t horrible. It’s intriguing for sure

What does +235 stand for, and what site you gamble at?

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Just a little bit. Maybe mentally. Phil Rivers ain’t got Favre’s cannon arm.

Wanna know who reminds me a lot of Favre now that Jay-C is retired? Da Mulatto Pat Mahomes. Mahomes has so many receiving weapons, throwing into triple coverage ain’t really an option for him, unlike Favre during the season he was throwing to Taco Wallace and Antonio Chatman.

What about Baker Mayfield?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3955935.1524752646!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/draft-pic.jpg
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/xxx-favre-draft-day-bret-favre-sdsd802-_55528211.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Mayfield = Johnny Football.

Believe me. I know QBs. Was a shutdown corner in HS after all.