PDA

View Full Version : Official Fire Mark Murphy Thread

pbmax
10-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Can't wait anymore for normal channels to open this thread.

He screwed the pooch. He took a long shot and seems to be getting the short end of the stick so far publicly with his young coach.

It could still all work out. If you hire young, you have to train them, or at least, be patient. But I am done giving Murphy the benefit of the doubt.

Finding a great coach isn't easy. Just ask Ted.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Today's complaint?

Matt Hietpas @MattyHip
#Packers David Bakhtiari on Matt LaFleur’s poor public speaking:
“I will always remember the first team meeting ... I felt uncomfortable for him ... I was like oof, he’s not enjoying this right now.” (Via @ThomaHawkShow)
He added that LaFleur has gotten better since then.

Shane @StPaulShane
Replying to @MattyHip and @ThomaHawkShow
Bill Belichick isn’t the most eloquent speaker either... and he don’t GAF. We’re fine, I like LaFleur a lot, we’ve seen game to game improvement, long season, lets goooooo!

Yep. No difference between pre-Brady Belichick and LaFleur. None at all. Nothing on the resume that stood out about his time as a Coordinator of Super Bowl winning teams (also a Super Bowl participating team).

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2019, 10:02 PM
^ Not sure if you're serious or not. In my eyes, Matty was terrible in his opening presser, but he's MUCH better now and doing just fine.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 10:02 PM
In other finding a great coach is hard news, we bring you Andy Reid.

Today usafootball's coaching/scouting site has a love letter to Andy Reid and his offense. Topic? Flooding a match zone and getting either an easy read or mismatch with a Post-Wheel four man route combo.

Andy Reid might be the most imaginative play caller in the last 25 years. Know what he cannot do? Manager a game, a clock or his challenges. Know why? Because his nose is in the play sheet. Best offensive mind in football can't figure out basic head coach stuff.

Why hasn't this been fixed? Because no one can tell a good coach that they need to improve. Only Belichick seems to know this and act on it. Sometimes I think Belichick isn't a super genius, he's just self aware enough to know when he screws up, he needs to improve.

pbmax
10-02-2019, 10:06 PM
^ Not sure if you're serious or not. In my eyes, Matty was terrible in his opening presser, but he's MUCH better now and doing just fine.

Being good with the public? Kinda important. Sure you can be Belichick, but you better win a SB early to keep getting away from it.

But what I take away from Bach's story is that the man was under-prepared for the job.

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Andy Reid might be the most imaginative play caller in the last 25 years. Know what he cannot do? Manager a game, a clock or his challenges. Know why? Because his nose is in the play sheet. Best offensive mind in football can't figure out basic head coach stuff.

Why hasn't this been fixed? Because no one can tell a good coach that they need to improve. Only Belichick seems to know this and act on it. Sometimes I think Belichick isn't a super genius, he's just self aware enough to know when he screws up, he needs to improve.

I cannot wait for the inevitable book from Belichick on what makes him Belichick and what his approaches to sustained excellence are.

RashanGary
10-02-2019, 10:59 PM
It’s a post longer than I know people care to read, but MLF is growing on me. I’m not all in, but I like how empowered Pettine is. I like how engaged and empowered the defense expresses themselves to be. I like that the STs are better. I like that the offense had gotten better every week.

Packers are 3-1 and trending upward.

Bakh was giving his coach shit. They all do that. Coach gives guys shit too. He said Vitale needed to score on that wheel route, just poking fun. Everyone knows it was a great play from a FB but MLF was giving guy shit. Bakh was doing the same thing.

Bretsky
10-03-2019, 12:12 AM
It’s a post longer than I know people care to read, but MLF is growing on me. I’m not all in, but I like how empowered Pettine is. I like how engaged and empowered the defense expresses themselves to be. I like that the STs are better. I like that the offense had gotten better every week.

Packers are 3-1 and trending upward.

Bakh was giving his coach shit. They all do that. Coach gives guys shit too. He said Vitale needed to score on that wheel route, just poking fun. Everyone knows it was a great play from a FB but MLF was giving guy shit. Bakh was doing the same thing.

I'm really happy GB is 3 and 1 but I would not argue we are trending upward.

We were really fortunate to beat the Vikings; if their OC didn't go braindead and allow Cousins to screw the pooch they were ready to run a TD down our throats and our offense was as invisible as Rashan Gary in the second half vs Minnesota

I love that he gives Pettine free reign on defense. I also wonder if that is a part of the reason Marcia Marcia Marcia hired him. Marcia noted how Pettine was high on MLF's list he brought in for the interview.

I do like the defense; I have no more faith in our special teams than I did last year and I blame Marcia Marcia Marcis for f'cking that up by lowballing a salary offer to the guy MLF clearly wanted to lead our special teams.

This week will be telling in Dallas as to whether we are truly trending up or not.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 06:56 AM
I cannot wait for the inevitable book from Belichick on what makes him Belichick and what his approaches to sustained excellence are.

"Do Your Job. But Cheat too."

By Bill Belichick

pbmax
10-03-2019, 08:54 AM
"Do Your Job. But Cheat too."

By Bill Belichick

Maintaining An Edge. By Any Means Possible.

George Cumby
10-03-2019, 10:39 AM
The Ends justify the Means.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 12:41 PM
The Endzone justifies the Means.

FIFY

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:39 PM
Being good with the public? Kinda important. Sure you can be Belichick, but you better win a SB early to keep getting away from it.

But what I take away from Bach's story is that the man was under-prepared for the job.

I took it to mean he is a poor public speaker.

Remember at the end of the 1st half M4 calls a TO and then Rodgers uses the 59 seconds he saved to drive the field and put 7 on the board?

How about right after the Eagle player got hurt at the end of the game and we came out of it and called a running play to burn the clock down so that if we did tie it Eagles would have no time to win with a FG?

Fat Mike wouldn't have done either of those things. Both were very smart coaching plays. I am liking M4. I like his approach. I like his record.

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:40 PM

He is possibly the most brilliant DC in history. You can't teach it. His book will tell you nothing. He sees things others miss. Thats the book.

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2019, 01:41 PM
He is possibly the most brilliant DC in history. You can't teach it. His book will tell you nothing. He sees things others miss. Thats the book.

Didn't ESPN do a show recently with him and Saban and they talk to each other about coaching? That would have been cool to see.

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Didn't ESPN do a show recently with him and Saban and they talk to each other about coaching? That would have been cool to see.

Saban's book summarized: Have a big time program and have superior talent to everyone else. Coach the Dolphins and suck. The end.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 01:44 PM

"Seeing What Others Miss. And Cheating"
by Bill Belichick

Hey when you capture video from the other sideline, you're definitely seeing what others miss! lol :)

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 01:47 PM

Remember at the end of the 1st half M4 calls a TO and then Rodgers uses the 59 seconds he saved to drive the field and put 7 on the board?

How about right after the Eagle player got hurt at the end of the game and we came out of it and called a running play to burn the clock down so that if we did tie it Eagles would have no time to win with a FG?

Fat Mike wouldn't have done either of those things. Both were very smart coaching plays. I am liking M4. I like his approach. I like his record.

Wait, are you really saying Stubby wouldn't have called the TO at the end of the half to get another drive? People tore him a new one for doing that the times when it backfired. Still, he had a great run where they were scoring at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second. It really was one of his calling cards until things went south.

bobblehead
10-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Wait, are you really saying Stubby wouldn't have called the TO at the end of the half to get another drive? People tore him a new one for doing that the times when it backfired. Still, he had a great run where they were scoring at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second. It really was one of his calling cards until things went south.

I used to watch him allow the clock to burn all the time. The few times he did call TO in the situation were when our O was struggling and no one actually wanted them on the field again.

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 04:20 PM
I used to watch him allow the clock to burn all the time. The few times he did call TO in the situation were when our O was struggling and no one actually wanted them on the field again.

lol. OK, you've "convinced" me. Stubby never made this practice work.

pbmax
10-03-2019, 07:54 PM

I am pretty sure M3 would be looking to drive before the half.

I barely remember an Eagle down on that drive. When did it occur? They had the clock in a good position at the end of the game, I'll give you that.

pbmax
10-03-2019, 07:55 PM

I took it as happening during an all hands team meeting. But he could have been referencing a PC.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2019, 12:30 AM

I'm moreso interested in the leadership aspect and how he kept the ship steering in the correct direction for 20 years. Amazing and unprecedented in a game of egos, money, drama.

Fritz
10-04-2019, 12:21 PM
I think we'll know how the Murphy really is as a president in the next two years. I still think he walked into a good situation - I'm pretty sure he was hired when TT was already in place, so all Murph had to do was let it roll. You could argue he waited too long to recognize that Thompson's health was impinging on his ability to do the job at the level necessary, but if you cut him that break, it's still clear that the moves after Thompson's "retirement" are all Murphy's ideas about how to run an organization. So we'll see how this strange, three-headed monster works out. If, by the end of next year, the team is not clearly on the upswing, with a plan of succession for Arod and a clear sense of LeFleur having what it takes to be a successful NFL coach, then I don't think you can keep Murphy around and expect things to get better.

pbmax
10-05-2019, 12:40 PM
If Murphy was doing his job, Gutey would lose his parking spot until he dumped Graham onto another team living on the past. Raiders or Titans. Maybe Buffalo.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Rodgers was asked what was different... he said guys are empowered to be themselves and let their personalities shine. Said it’s organizational.

Murphy seems to be doing something right. Might be a good thing he took charge and cleaned up a situation that was getting toxic. Looks like he might have found a diamond in the head coach too.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Rodgers was asked what was different... he said guys are empowered to be themselves and let their personalities shine. Said it’s organizational.

Murphy seems to be doing something right. Might be a good thing he took charge and cleaned up a situation that was getting toxic. Looks like he might have found a diamond in the head coach too.

Link?

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:13 PM
Link?

Listen to his presser when it comes out. I listened live

George Cumby
10-06-2019, 09:19 PM

Welp. Let’s give it some time.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:21 PM

:lol:

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Winning is the best disinfectant.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 10:39 PM
Winning is the best disinfectant.

I wish you had mentioned this earlier.

I had my futon outside disinfecting for a week in the sun. Winning would have been more convenient.

bobblehead
10-06-2019, 10:41 PM

What?? No, fire him now!!!

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 04:04 PM
You know what I haven’t heard, not even whispers about, during this 4-1 circus? I haven’t heard anything about Russ Ball. Not one person mentioned him during the draft process (pre, during or post), haven’t heard him mentioned in relation to coaching, neither in the search, hire or In current execution.

It would leave one to believe he’s only involved in non player personnel or coaching administration, such as field maintenance, security, finance, etc.

It leaves open the possibility that Mark Murphy, after a successful NFL career, experience as an NFL union player rep, an ambitious education in law, experience as the top administrator in college athletics and a decade of experience running an NFL team.... it leaves open the possibility that he understands the landscape of the NFL, and more specifically, the Packers. Maybe letting Gute build a team, MLF coach a team and Ball do the background administration was an educated and wise decision.

Not crowning anyone today. We need a Lombardi trophy first. But in light of the so far smooth operation, can we open it up as a reasonable possibility that the Packers are in good hands with Murphy??

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Russ Ball knows to stay in his silo

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 04:13 PM
And as a completely irrelevant aside, I’m a big fan of metaphors, parables, word imagery and language art that goes deeper than specifics in general. Art is deeper than a perfect line. It expresses wholeness in a way the linear mind can’t prove or lock down.

So the whole “crossing the rubicon” and “three silos” phrases butter me up to Murphy even if he’s retarded otherwise. This may make me biased on this topic, but such is life. Deal with it.

And I like Tank’s colorful expression. So there. Fuck you all.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 05:16 PM
The other travesty that’s unfolded in the last two months is our QBs reputation as a human being went from, “look, I know, he’s a total piece of shit, but he’s our piece of shit” to a guy who’s lasting image in the minds of the people is a six shooter wink after Jones’ stiff arm that was so uplifting, all of Wyatt Erps deputies felt the call to arms from their graves; a six shooter wink so authentic and trust inspiring, the hair on every self made construction tycoons chest raised in a collective wave of mutual respect.

Shit talk Martha and handsome Flower all you want, but they’ll be bending you over and shoving the crow so far up your asses it will make a territory rape at Shawshank look gentle.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 06:10 PM
^^^^. I have no idea what’s inspiring this but IT IS AWESOME.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 06:27 PM
[\play-on-words]
[Truth]
I forgot to take my meds last night

Sorry for those i harmed during my mental health flare up. I legitimately hardly survive and end up in hospitals or homeless shelters from time to time because my mental state lowers my functioning that bad, but it is an adventure so there is a bright side to it all.

[\Truth]

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 06:40 PM
https://youtu.be/_zeCOGx6oZ0

Go to 2:45. Start of Aaron Jones clip. The new Aaron Rodgers.

George Cumby
10-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Shit talk Martha and handsome Flower all you want, but they’ll be bending you over and shoving the crow so far up your asses it will make a territory rape at Shawshank look gentle.

Poetry.

George Cumby
10-09-2019, 06:59 PM
lol.

"Look at that tricep striation!"

I don't watch much tv.

Thank God.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Russ Ball knows to stay in his silo

He is also working at Hinterland part-time to help afford the $35 million QB.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Tear away jersey and that Jaylon Smith tackle doesn't happen.

I am somewhat surprised the Patriots haven't had a "moth infestation" to explain a sudden increase in shreddd jerseys.

mraynrand
10-10-2019, 11:26 PM
He is also working at Hinterland part-time to help afford the $35 million QB.

they will be charging $925 for each run down the Packer sledding hill. Kinda like when the Wheelers bought the snack bar for $250,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6brM24yIA