PDA

View Full Version : Should I visit Jerryworld???

yetisnowman
10-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Long story short I'm spending the majority of October traveling. By pure coincidence I'll be in Austin TX for Saturday all day, then Sunday is kind if a free day til I head west. Debating going to the game. Cons are tickets are stupid expensive. A cursory glance had them at close to 400 for nosebleeds. Also going to road games isn't all that fun win they don't win. And oddly my first 5 I attended they won, and the last 3 they lost. But the Aaron does like this building The main pro being I'm not sure when I'll have this opportunity again. I may just go to Dallas and hit up a watch party. Thoughts rats? Anyone ever been? Tex?

ThunderDan
10-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Go to the game it will be great!

mraynrand
10-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Could be entertaining, but only if you can afford it. I've been to a lot of away games. It's always more likely they'll lose and it can be painful, but it's less painful than a home loss. Would love to hear your experience. If you go, try to go through the lots for the tailgate experience. That's always been a high point for any road game.

Away tailgates:

Cincinnati - great people, lot of fun and games in the lots
Cleveland - Skipped the Muni lot; went to the Pit - lives up to it's name. People are good-natured. Any jeering was light hearted and fun.
Indy - terrible, almost non-existent tailgate. Stupid fans. Almost got in a fight.
Philly - Obnoxious as all hell. Philly mascot came by and tried to harass us. Wife made like Ace Ventura and ripped out some tail feathers. greatest tail gate ever.
Candelstick - wine and cheese. I kid you not, it was like being at an outdoor wedding reception
Buffalo - Neolithic. Fans break up and burn pallets right in the gravel lot. No striping in lot, people are mercenary parkers. Flags and sideview mirrors ripped off. Guy at tailgate had a modified weed wacker with a blender attached making margaritas. People were HAMMERED.
Chicago - everyone has the SNL 'da bears' accent. losers. they party like losers. They think they will lose and then they lose
Minneapolis - you can't party around the Metrodome. awful place.
Detroit - not a good spot for tailgate, but a good crowd. Don't take a wrong turn to and from your car.
Arizona - Tailgate is pretty sedate. Not exciting. They have a mall next-door kinda like what the Packers have except not team-oriented. Feels like you're having a tailgate at Chuck-e-Cheese.

George Cumby
10-03-2019, 10:38 AM
^ You should write a Field Guide to NFL tailgates.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Long story short I'm spending the majority of October traveling. By pure coincidence I'll be in Austin TX for Saturday all day, then Sunday is kind if a free day til I head west. Debating going to the game. Cons are tickets are stupid expensive. A cursory glance had them at close to 400 for nosebleeds. Also going to road games isn't all that fun win they don't win. And oddly my first 5 I attended they won, and the last 3 they lost. But the Aaron does like this building The main pro being I'm not sure when I'll have this opportunity again. I may just go to Dallas and hit up a watch party. Thoughts rats? Anyone ever been? Tex?

The only game I've been to there was the Badgers in the Cotton Bowl. It's obviously an impressive place, but very pricey (I assume) for a Cowboys home game. I had a brief suggestion from my grandson about going for this game too, but I said no. I don't like seeing my #1 favorite versus my #2 favorite. I saw the Cowboys at Lambeau (what was it?) season before last, and I felt conflicted.

pbmax
10-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Yes, go if you can afford.

If you have a business contact, hit them up for a spot in a luxury box. Might get some sympathy for lonely guy away from home with nothing to do. Will get you in game then you can wander.

pbmax
10-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Away tailgates:

Buffalo - Neolithic. Fans break up and burn pallets right in the gravel lot.

I can't believe there are no clips of the episode I need.

"But to cut off a man's legs; and steal his drawers."

"I mean people had a real aversion to freezing to death. They'd burn anything. I am talking to you from the middle of a great big empty."

Vincenzo
10-04-2019, 01:07 AM
Could be entertaining, but only if you can afford it. I've been to a lot of away games. It's always more likely they'll lose and it can be painful, but it's less painful than a home loss. Would love to hear your experience. If you go, try to go through the lots for the tailgate experience. That's always been a high point for any road game.

Away

Buffalo - Neolithic. Fans break up and burn pallets right in the gravel lot. No striping in lot, people are mercenary parkers. Flags and sideview mirrors ripped off. Guy at tailgate had a modified weed wacker with a blender attached making margaritas. People were HAMMERED.. .
Lol at Bills games.
Last time I was there I was stunned at how hammered the fans were at that stadium. For example, at the end of the game I’m pulling out of a parking lot with my 12 year old son in the front seat and 2 friends in the back, I’m as sober as a judge cuz I’m driving. Of course I’m stuck in traffic as everyone is heading home after the game. The scene of people walking through the parking lots was one out of the walking dead. Everyone was holding someone else up from falling over. It was one step to the right and then three to the left. Pathetic actually. I mean, how the fuck hammered can you get.

Guiness
10-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Away tailgates:

Buffalo - Neolithic. Fans break up and burn pallets right in the gravel lot. No striping in lot, people are mercenary parkers. Flags and sideview mirrors ripped off. Guy at tailgate had a modified weed wacker with a blender attached making margaritas. People were HAMMERED.

When was this? It might've been me...probably not though, I think I left mine at home. The gravel lot is EPIC though. You shoulda been there for the Grateful Dead concert

Arizona - Tailgate is pretty sedate. Not exciting. They have a mall next-door kinda like what the Packers have except not team-oriented. Feels like you're having a tailgate at Chuck-e-Cheese.

NE is like this. I was there 2 weeks ago for the Jets game. We parked a ways away and there was a good crew, bbq's and kegs, but wanted to go to the stadium lot so walked the last kilometer or so. There is a Victoria's Secret in the strip mall adjoining the stadium! The main parking lots were access controlled to foot traffic, and no drinking on the 'street'.

edit - lol at being the third person to comment on Buffalo!

Guiness
10-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Yes, go if you can afford.

If you have a business contact, hit them up for a spot in a luxury box. Might get some sympathy for lonely guy away from home with nothing to do. Will get you in game then you can wander.

This is how I became a Pack fan many moons ago. I was doing an install in Wasau and got to go to a game (early 90s). Just. Wow.

mraynrand
10-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Guiness: I was at the Nov 5 2006 game
Love the modified blender

pbmax
10-04-2019, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qod8g2WY0o

QBME
10-04-2019, 09:22 PM

If you have seats relatively close to the field, then go.
If not, you'll simply be watching the mega screen above the field, in which case you'll be better off saving a bunch of cash and comfort by locating a local bar that is showing the game.

Fosco33
10-04-2019, 09:45 PM
I watched Badgers in Final Four. We started in nose bleeds and by the end we’re gathered in main level in corridors and then snuck on some empty seats. I always say - you won’t regret going but you might regret not going...

Guiness
10-06-2019, 08:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qod8g2WY0o

Amateur. This guy does it for a living!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vCguN6rbU

gbgary
10-06-2019, 10:57 AM
took a tour the day after our sb win which was the only reason it was kinda cool. got to go down on the field, which was still covered by confetti, and take pics. got to go to the Packers locker room too but jerrah had already had all signs that the Packers were in there removed. in any other circumstance, other than being a cowboys fan, i'd say it's kinda meh. the place is a monstrosity.

yetisnowman
10-07-2019, 12:45 PM
What a blast! I think the most fun I've ever had attending a game.

Cheesehead Craig
10-07-2019, 02:05 PM

'Atta boy! Did you give the Cowboy fans hell or were you classy?

pbmax
10-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Details!?

Bossman641
10-07-2019, 05:54 PM
I've been to 2 games at Dallas and haven't had any bad experiences with their fans. Super loud in there too.

yetisnowman
10-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Yeah I'm very animated and loud, but never taunt or get into it with opposing fans. It's just poor form. Plus I don't think I can throw hands as well as I used to, in case things go south. Ha.
So I decided on just grab a 60 dollar standing room only. Like I said earlier I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted for decent seats. But it was worth it to be in the building. At a few points I had a decent view, but mostly just Jumbotron watching. Only bummer was I didn't get into Arlington until maybe an hour before the game, so I didn't catch any tailgate action really and it also prevented me from securing a spot with good sightlines.
But still just a hell of a time. The Cowboy fans were all pretty reasonable A good amount of them left in the 3rd quarter. The few staff encounters I had were very rude and unpleasant. For literally no reason.
I love being in the building for road wins, especially with how well GB travels. Pure sweetness.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 10:09 PM
Yeah I'm very animated and loud, but never taunt or get into it with opposing fans. It's just poor form. Plus I don't think I can throw hands as well as I used to, in case things go south. Ha.
So I decided on just grab a 60 dollar standing room only. Like I said earlier I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted for decent seats. But it was worth it to be in the building. At a few points I had a decent view, but mostly just Jumbotron watching. Only bummer was I didn't get into Arlington until maybe an hour before the game, so I didn't catch any tailgate action really and it also prevented me from securing a spot with good sightlines.
But still just a hell of a time. The Cowboy fans were all pretty reasonable A good amount of them left in the 3rd quarter. The few staff encounters I had were very rude and unpleasant. For literally no reason.
I love being in the building for road wins, especially with how well GB travels. Pure sweetness.

Glad you had fun. What was the percentage of the crowd that were Packer fans?

HowardRoark
10-08-2019, 07:58 AM
I like the way they just look at him...waiting for the medical staff to rush on the field.

https://dailysnark.com/buffalo-bills-fan-nearly-kills-himself-trying-to-put-himself-through-a-table/

pbmax
10-08-2019, 08:22 AM
I like the way they just look at him...waiting for the medical staff to rush on the field.

https://dailysnark.com/buffalo-bills-fan-nearly-kills-himself-trying-to-put-himself-through-a-table/

Possibly a better strategy than the lineman who were gently trying to shake the concussion better though Mason Rudolph's chest.

gbgary
10-08-2019, 05:22 PM
it's the absolute worst for a concert.

yetisnowman
10-09-2019, 12:51 AM
Glad you had fun. What was the percentage of the crowd that were Packer fans?

I'd guesstimate 20-25%

pbmax
10-09-2019, 07:15 AM
I'd guesstimate 20-25%

Harder to tell on TV (though you could see the jerseys) but the radio background sounded like a lot of Packer fans.

yetisnowman
10-09-2019, 07:26 AM
Yup. That's what's great about road games. The Packers fan that travel typically have some pep in their step. As opposed to Lambeau where a good percentage of the crowd hasn't left Wisconsin in a decade and just wants to quietly sit and watch a football game. As far as road games go though, I did think this was the loudest and best representation I've seen or heard. I loved when Dak tried to quiet the home fans on offense and the Packer fans got as loud as they could . Max Capacity is >100 k, and it had to be fairly close to that. Even 1/5th of that can make a lot of noise.