PDA

View Full Version : Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Cowboys

Joemailman
10-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Studs

Aaron Jones - 182 total yards and 4 TD's. Unbelievable

Aaron Rodgers - 4th quarter wasn't pretty, but got team off to a great start in a tough road game. And didn't turn the ball over.

Z Smith - 2 sacks, 4 QB hits and lots of pressure

P Smith - 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD

MLF - Called a great game offensively for 3 quarters. Penalties derailed offense in 4th.

Duds

Allison and MVS - Need more than a combined 3 catches for 40 yards with Adams out.

Alexander - Had an INT, but gave up too many big plays.

Z Smith - Love the fire you bring to this defense, but need to cool it with the penalties.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Aaron Rodgers played the best game by a QB this season. I've watched damn near every game and I haven't seen one better. Maybe more stats, but not better QB play as far as taking whats there and being mistake free. HOF.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers played the best game by a QB this season. I've watched damn near every game and I haven't seen one better. Maybe more stats, but not better QB play as far as taking whats there and being mistake free. HOF.

Wilson had a whale of a game Thursday.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Lucas Patrick was very effective run blocking. He had a couple shaky snaps.

George Cumby
10-06-2019, 08:03 PM

“.... to the last I grapple with the; from Hells heart I stab at thee; for hates sake I split my last breath at thee.”

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Studs

MLF - Called a great game offensively for 3 quarters. Penalties derailed offense in 4th.

Penalties really hurt three drives. Holding put them in 2nd and 20 each time I believe.

Teamcheez1
10-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Rodgers QB rating was 85.2. Dak was 83.8 even with all of his mistakes.
Rodgers was very average today.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Stud - Oren Burks

Played and did not get seriously injured.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Rodgers QB rating was 85.2. Dak was 83.8 even with all of his mistakes.
Rodgers was very average today.

Wins are what matter, not QB rating.

gbgary
10-06-2019, 08:30 PM
studs: aaron jones, zsmith, ummmm king? first half rodgers.
duds: 2nd half rodgers, 2nd half coaching...ALL OF THEM! idk. the inability to put a complete game together is maddening but they got a W.

Zool
10-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Maybe not get pissy with your HC on the sidelines too?

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:37 PM

The pass game in short yardage has been problematic for two weeks. But the run game has been better. Those QB numbers are close because Rodgers got them close and Jones scored.

Dak kept giving the ball away.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Studs: Special Teams, especially JK Scott and Crosby for toughing it out.

Coverage was one of their best efforts even with one longer return.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 08:54 PM
“.... to the last I grapple with the; from Hells heart I stab at thee; for hates sake I split my last breath at thee.”

You're such a Dick

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 08:59 PM
If AR had Nelson, Jones and Adams, his numbers would have been better. With MVS, Allison and Kumerow.....

AR played a great game. I don’t care what the stats say.

George Cumby
10-06-2019, 09:01 PM
You're such a Dick

Lol.

George Cumby
10-06-2019, 09:02 PM
First half 12 was lights out. Second half, not so much.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:02 PM
ARs stats already put him in the HOF. All he needs now is SB rings. He played better than Brady today. Did everything Brady does with game management and had better mobility. If he plays this way, we’re going to be very hard to beat.

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 09:16 PM

Exactly what I was going to post. ARod played really well. Wilson played great.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:24 PM
I respect the differences of opinion. I stand by mine though. AR played perfectly with the guys he had to work with.

Radagast
10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Alexander's play vs Dallas deserves both praise and critique.

To praise, Alexander was pretty much alone vs Cooper (Dallas' #1 WR) for most of the game without any Safety backup and he did very well defending him. In addition he garnered a game pick that benefited the team.

To his discredit he did get beat on a Cowboy TD play. I can't fully blame Alexander for not being perfect as many HOF CBs were beat for TDs as well.

LaFleur's game plan worked well until the 4th Qtr. Finishing a game strong needs to be a top priority for LaFleur and the Packers moving forward. It's super to begin games strong and to post a good lead, however this Dallas victory should serve as a training tool on how not to take your foot off the gas because you have a large point lead. Had Dallas executed better on just a few plays (missed FG, turnovers) they could have taken GB into OT and possibly pulled out a win.

I don't blame the defensive players for following their coaches directions, but the Packers have a solid defense and soft defenses and allowing multiple short gains nearly cost a road win. I've never been a fan of the prevent defense as I don't believe that it is not good football. I say stay with what got you the lead or recent victories and stop the wholesale defensive changes to sit on a lead. Insert an extra CB or Safety if you must , but no more than that.

Next, greater focus needs to be placed on the synchronicity between Rodgers and his receivers. Addressing this critical offensive issue will I'm sure only pay benefits moving forward. Adams turf toe injury only grows in importance following the less than special performance vs Dallas.

Hats off to Aaron Jones and the GB O-line. 4 rushing TDs should see Jones feeding them steaks this week sometime. QBs do it and a RB should do no less.

I'm grateful that the Packers have started the season with a 4 - 1 record, but the will be hosting the Lions and the Raiders next at Lambeau. Taking either one for granted could result in an embarrassing loss. Following week 7, the Packers could/should be 6 - 1 as they face the Chiefs and then the Chargers on the road before the return home to play Carolina. 7 - 2 or even 8 - 1 is a real possibility for the Packers before week 10. It would not mean they could just cruse into the playoffs, but it could help to ease some of the pressure from the team. Many people preform better under reduced stress conditions. That does not imply that they can coast into the playoffs, but instead concentrate on areas that need extra work without the additional pressure of a head to head race to secure the NFC North title. Some players can be rested and others can gain game experience to make the Packers a deeper and more competitive team. GB has shown that winning without Adams and Jamaal Williams is doable. Much hard work remains ahead, but the Packers road ahead looks a lot brighter than does the Lions or Vikings or Bears, oh my !

bobblehead
10-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Studs

Aaron Jones - 182 total yards and 4 TD's. Unbelievable

Aaron Rodgers - 4th quarter wasn't pretty, but got team off to a great start in a tough road game. And didn't turn the ball over.

Z Smith - 2 sacks, 4 QB hits and lots of pressure

P Smith - 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD

Duds

Allison and MVS - Need more than a combined 3 catches for 40 yards with Adams out.

Alexander - Had an INT, but gave up too many big plays.

Z Smith - Love the fire you bring to this defense, but need to cool it with the penalties.

How about King. Once again, Alexander was targeted and King was avoided. They are different. They cover different types of players, but King is really doing his job.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2019, 12:24 AM
How about King. Once again, Alexander was targeted and King was avoided. They are different. They cover different types of players, but King is really doing his job.

You musta watched another Pack-Girls game from another universe.

The one I watched in this godforsaken universe, Alex couldn’t cover that hotshot WR (226 yards!). King couldn’t cover some dude nobody knew he existed til this game.

The only time King wasn’t targeted, he was sitting on a bench being injury-prone.

Both corners mein kampfed, but getting eaten out alive by a hotshot is less embarrassing than getting eaten out alive by a wanker.

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2019, 01:32 AM
So many people in here have IDIOTICALLY downplayed the importance of not throwing interceptions. What more than anything else was the difference in this game? Yeah, We have the GOAT - who had the good sense to only throw it to his own team. The other team had uh, somebody else - and like pretty much everybody else, Ol' Dak, as great a game as he had, threw 3 to the Packers.

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2019, 02:13 AM
As for studs and duds:

I'm about the most negative of anybody regarding our O Line. They rose all the way up to almost mediocre today, especially Jenkins and Lucas Patrick, and off and on, Turner too. Even Bulaga had a few good plays. The guy with the biggest reputation, howver, Bakhtiari, stunk today. I wonder if he's playing hurt or the Cowboys D as just better on his side or what. Virtually all of Stud Aaron Jones' good runs were up the middle. When they tried to run to the left, it basically failed.

Jimmy Graham deserves some stud mention too. If he was an ordinary player, playing for ordinary pay, he would have been considered to have a damn good game. And he even threw at least one nice block.

I'm not gonna call LaFleur a stud. A win is a win is a win, but he still had a lot of crap play calling, especially near the goal line - again - where they ran left and lost a yard, had a two man pass route to the left with the QB rolling right on second down, and then a quick slant, which I don't like in general, but I hate on the goal line on third down. I've always said, run-first is not so bad when your O Line allows you to actually run like today, but he still persisted in running his outside zone - which wasn't working instead of the inside trap which was. The guy is damn lucky Aaron Rodgers usually bails him out - 4 out of 5 games now anyway. I suppose the Rodgers whiners and detractors will see all that differently hahahahahaha.

Pettine too, was a stud, but also a dud in some ways. He mostly kept those two fat pigs, Lowry and Lancaster, off the field - a good thing, while still managing to stop the run. He adjusted in the second half, going from Alexander single coverage on Cooper to Alexander on Gallup with double coverage on Cooper. However, late in the game when the Cowboys really needed to pass - after King got hurt, I think, he went back to single coverage by Alexander and got burned for the TD.

As for DB studs and duds, Alexander was hot and cold, maybe more cold. King was hot and cold too, maybe slightly more hot. Chandon Sullivan had a nice game. Redmond was good. Tramon was hot and cold too, about 50/50.

Obviously, the Smiths were studs. Zadarius has to be more careful with those hands to the face. He maybe coulda been called even more than he was. I'm gonna call Rashan Gary a low expectation stud too. Did you see him keeping right up with the track star on that one play? I hope his hamstring is ok. He isn't there yet, but he made a few plays, and he is gonna be good.

RashanGary
10-07-2019, 06:36 AM
So many people in here have IDIOTICALLY downplayed the importance of not throwing interceptions. What more than anything else was the difference in this game? Yeah, We have the GOAT - who had the good sense to only throw it to his own team. The other team had uh, somebody else - and like pretty much everybody else, Ol' Dak, as great a game as he had, threw 3 to the Packers.

I agree with you. AR played like the GOAT today. Not only does he not throw picks, he doesn’t fumble either.

And Aaron empowered the OL today. He called runs into 8 man boxes and called runs in the redzone. He could have audibled out but didn’t. He empowered his guys instead of taking everything into his hands. QB is a leadership position. 11 guys are better than 1. AR was a masterful leader yesterday. Greatest QB play I’ve seen because I value engaging the whole team and ball security more than most.

On top of being a great leader and being the greatest of all time at ball security, his mobility added another dimension and he improvised some great plays.

Truly dominant QB play. He was damn near flawless.

RashanGary
10-07-2019, 06:39 AM
If Aaron plays that way and the defense does what it’s been doing, the Packers are a SB favorite even without great receivers.

RashanGary
10-07-2019, 06:44 AM
And MLF is a stud too. He’s adjusted to his players and runs more inside zone because it suits his team. He preaches all 11 and every time reporters try to make it about one guy like Aaron or Davante, he always changes to topic to all the guys. He has a true team culture developing. And I’m so shocked to see AR buy in so well. It was about the team yesterday. I’m impressed with the young coach.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 08:06 AM
I don't want to go full tex, but Bach has not been having his best season this year. Injury or whatever, he's collecting penalties and beats like never before.

Packers probably need a WR, but they also need another tackle as insurance.

bobblehead
10-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Who, in your mind, is downplaying Rodgers ability to avoid turnovers like Drew Berrymore avoids Fritz stalking her?

Fritz
10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
If Aaron plays that way and the defense does what it’s been doing, the Packers are a SB favorite even without great receivers.

Wow, you really are on the bandwagon after that win.

I suppose no one will be surprised to learn that I am still doubtful - I've never felt worse, I don't think, about a 4 - 1 Packer team before. I don't trust the run defense, for one. I think that two teams - both Minnesota and Dallas yesterday - could have won if they'd have simply run the ball more (for Minnesota, in crucial spots towards the end; for Dallas, early on).

I also don't think that the offensive weapons exist for this team to keep winning as it has.

Joemailman
10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
I don't want to go full tex, but Bach has not been having his best season this year. Injury or whatever, he's collecting penalties and beats like never before.

Packers probably need a WR, but they also need another tackle as insurance.

Bakhtiari missed some practice time a few weeks ago with a back injury. Might still be an issue. Also, looks to me like holding is getting called tighter this year. Players might have to adjust.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 09:30 AM
I am not as nervous about the team versus their record at 4-1 as I was at 3-0. I don't know how you can be close to doubtful at 3-0, but I was there.

Narrow loss with bad play (a few bad plays, turnovers and penalties) to Iggles and now a road win against a quality Cowboys team have perked me up.

They found a way to create weapons through play calls versus the Boys. Rodgers looks sufficiently mobile again and his accuracy has improved. If he stops hesitating and putting too much air under the deep ball, he will be back. Running game looked as good as it has since 2017.

I still think they suffer from lack of talent that can threaten a defense by themselves and the Rodgers offense deep is still discombobulated.

But it ain't half bad.

Don't ask me what has happened to the defense. They need something. Thank Al Harris for turnovers.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 09:34 AM
I'm getting a 2001, 2009 kinda vibe. Good team, lot to like, but vulnerable.

SudsMcBucky
10-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Gotta be honest. I'm really excited about where this team is heading. We are 4-1 having played a pretty tough schedule and Arod and MLF haven't even begun clicking together, yet. Once Arod is more comfortable where the new offense is at and he is on same page as MLF as the season moves along, look out.

Fritz
10-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I am not as nervous about the team versus their record at 4-1 as I was at 3-0. I don't know how you can be close to doubtful at 3-0, but I was there.

Narrow loss with bad play (a few bad plays, turnovers and penalties) to Iggles and now a road win against a quality Cowboys team have perked me up.

They found a way to create weapons through play calls versus the Boys. Rodgers looks sufficiently mobile again and his accuracy has improved. If he stops hesitating and putting too much air under the deep ball, he will be back. Running game looked as good as it has since 2017.

I still think they suffer from lack of talent that can threaten a defense by themselves and the Rodgers offense deep is still discombobulated.

But it ain't half bad.

Don't ask me what has happened to the defense. They need something. Thank Al Harris for turnovers.

As the pundits note, turnovers come in bunches. This means, of course, that when they stop, they stop. And that's worrying, as I don't think this defense can hold up against a good running team.

But I am pessimistic about sports by nature, so my pessimism may be unfounded. Still, there's a good chance I'll be right, simply because only two teams get to the NFC championship game.

But I like to read others' more optimistic opinions. I want them to be right, and for this team to get to the playoffs and do well.

As for studs and duds, do we put Dexter Williams on the duds list simply because he was not active for the Cowboys game - Tre Carson leapfrogged him?

pbmax
10-07-2019, 11:18 AM
As the pundits note, turnovers come in bunches. This means, of course, that when they stop, they stop. And that's worrying, as I don't think this defense can hold up against a good running team.

But I am pessimistic about sports by nature, so my pessimism may be unfounded. Still, there's a good chance I'll be right, simply because only two teams get to the NFC championship game.

But I like to read others' more optimistic opinions. I want them to be right, and for this team to get to the playoffs and do well.

As for studs and duds, do we put Dexter Williams on the duds list simply because he was not active for the Cowboys game - Tre Carson leapfrogged him?

Tra got the blocking job. I suspect they don't trust Dexter with blitz pickup yet.

bobblehead
10-07-2019, 11:32 AM
To address a few points above. Bak has always been the master of getting away with holding. I have said that for 3 years. This year the NFL is calling holding like crazy and its hurting his game.

I am not worried about the D. They gave up 2 TDs during basically garbage time. They were up 31-10 entering the 4th. I don't like letting up, and I don't condone prevent D, but that game was over at that point. Guys who were banged up took it easy in the 4th and they allowed Dallas a couple meaningless scores.

The run D? They just stymied the best rush attack in the league because they focused on doing so. I am shocked Dallas didn't run more, but they attacked what the D gave them. They weren't good enough to win doing that.

What have I begged for for 2 years straight. Use the RB in the passing game. AJones lead all receivers yesterday. Hoorah.

I doubt we win the Owl this year. First year coach, and the toughest division in football and all. We are on the right track though. Gimme Adams back. Trade for Sanders or Fitzgerald or some other aging vet. (or Cory Davis better yet). We have a shot. Unlikely still, but a shot, and in the NFL that is all you can ask for.

Guiness
10-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Studs

JK Scott - 49.5 yd average, with a booming 58 yarder in there, and 2 punts inside the 20! :whaa:
That can be a game changer and disheartening. IIRC the 58 yard punt didn't have a long return either

Billy Turner - showing why he was signed. Bulaga played well on the right side and Turner was a good wing man. Give them some of the credit for Aaron Jones' day.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 12:05 PM
What have I begged for for 2 years straight. Use the RB in the passing game. AJones lead all receivers yesterday. Hoorah.

It was a thing of beauty, especially the ability of Rodgers to draw the pressure to him before getting rid of the ball. Take what the defense gives you and exploit over-aggressiveness. well done.

hoosier
10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
I'm getting a 2001, 2009 kinda vibe. Good team, lot to like, but vulnerable.

2012 vibe: 563!

run pMc
10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Studs:

Z.Smith - 2 sacks 4 hits on a bad knee. Dak looked shaky at times when Pettine pressured him with the Smiths.
JK Scott - big punts, especially the last one.
A.Jones - fed him the ball and he produced. Especially like that they are throwing him the ball -- I think he can be pretty good in space vs. running him into a wall of DT's (Although running the inside zone worked for him)
Rodgers - took what the defense gave him, didn't get a TD but moved the offense down the field and didn't turn it over. If he can stick to the play and get the ball out on time (assuming the reciever is open) he is deadly.

Duds:
WRs - Still need more from them with Adams out. Was suprised the TEs were able to produce given the athletic LBs Dallas has.
Tackling - the Amari Cooper TD was not pretty.
Penalties
Lucas Patrick's shotgun snaps

A few asides:

I thought Jenkins played/blocked well and I enjoy that he's often the first guy down to celebrate a TD. So far he's been a good pick.
Josh Jackson played safety!
Oren Burks got snaps, didn't look completely lost, made tackles, and was ostensibly no worse for wear after the game.
Sullivan played pretty well with the INT, he got picked on a little but didn't back down.
I realize the D showed man pre-snap but played a lot of zone, and that likely confused Dak, but Amari was killing them. I'm not sure how much to attribute that to garbage time -- or his route running. He's really resurrected his career after OAK.

Radagast
10-07-2019, 12:51 PM
I agree with you. AR played like the GOAT today. Not only does he not throw picks, he doesn’t fumble either.

And Aaron empowered the OL today. He called runs into 8 man boxes and called runs in the redzone. He could have audibled out but didn’t. He empowered his guys instead of taking everything into his hands. QB is a leadership position. 11 guys are better than 1. AR was a masterful leader yesterday. Greatest QB play I’ve seen because I value engaging the whole team and ball security more than most.

On top of being a great leader and being the greatest of all time at ball security, his mobility added another dimension and he improvised some great plays.

Truly dominant QB play. He was damn near flawless.

Aaron Rodgers' helmet is fitted with a radio from which he receives the plays from HC LaFleur. While he does have the audible option, from my position of view, he exercised that option sparingly against Dallas. The trust between Rodgers and HC LaFleur may/or may not have started of on the most smooth ground, but I see both of them working better together each week. They had to know that with Adams injured, that the offense would lean more on the running game (even with J. Williams injured). A RB was promoted (Carson) from the practice squad and he filled his game role. Large Kudos to Aaron Jones and the O-line. 4 TDs on the ground baby !

Turnovers were the greatest single factor in the game. Dallas turnovers dramatically tipped the game in GB's favor. In addition, lets not forget the sacks and hurries that kept Prescott rattled all game. Also the CB and Safety play was outstanding until the 4th qtr. I do't like "prevent " defenses.

MadScientist
10-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Aaron Rodgers' helmet is fitted with a radio from which he receives the plays from HC LaFleur. While he does have the audible option, from my position of view, he exercised that option sparingly against Dallas. The trust between Rodgers and HC LaFleur may/or may not have started of on the most smooth ground, but I see both of them working better together each week. They had to know that with Adams injured, that the offense would lean more on the running game (even with J. Williams injured). A RB was promoted (Carson) from the practice squad and he filled his game role. Large Kudos to Aaron Jones and the O-line. 4 TDs on the ground baby !

Turnovers were the greatest single factor in the game. Dallas turnovers dramatically tipped the game in GB's favor. In addition, lets not forget the sacks and hurries that kept Prescott rattled all game. Also the CB and Safety play was outstanding until the 4th qtr. I do't like "prevent " defenses.

Rodgers' quote after the game was the best the most encouraging one I've heard from him:

I’ve accomplished a lot statistically in this league. I just want to win now.
He took whatever Dallas gave him and that was plenty for the win. His rating suffered a little because Jones ran for all the TD's. But Jones was a man possessed this game.

call_me_ishmael
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
https://twitter.com/BillHuberSI/status/1181259313001779206

By the way, in facing Mack, Hunter, Miller, Graham and now Lawrence, Bryan Bulaga has allowed exactly (grabbing calculator) ... zero sacks.

Best RT in the NFL when healthy. He will be extended.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 02:13 PM
It was a thing of beauty, especially the ability of Rodgers to draw the pressure to him before getting rid of the ball. Take what the defense gives you and exploit over-aggressiveness. well done.

Practice does make perfect in this case. Starting off with a screen game always makes you want to give it up immediately. But the coordination isn't as obvious as normal pass or run blocking. Harder to see if its getting better until it succeeds. Rand I think had a quote or observation (from Rodgers?) that Williams was fantastic and getting to the right spot with a clear path for a screen.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 02:16 PM
https://twitter.com/BillHuberSI/status/1181259313001779206

Best RT in the NFL when healthy. He will be extended.

He is having a year. Though he let a couple through too easily, Rodgers escaped harm. Not denying he is having a good year. Just gotta stay healthy.

CaptainKickass
10-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Stud:

"The Luxury Automobile!"®

Marcedes Lewis has been making a handful of plays this season more so in the last 2 games but I mention him specifically for that sweet, sweet TE screen that nobody expected and nobody saw coming.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Stud:

"The Luxury Automobile!"®

Marcedes Lewis has been making a handful of plays this season more so in the last 2 games but I mention him specifically for that sweet, sweet TE screen that nobody expected and nobody saw coming.

I bet that was scripted.

Bossman641
10-07-2019, 03:50 PM
I love Alexander but he was a dud this game. Bit on double moves and beat over the top repeatedly. Even his int was a gift that most likely would have been a td. He'll be better for this in the long haul.

Can we please stop throwing slants from the 1, especially when the WR is lined up tight? All it takes is 1 deflection off a hand or helmet and it could be headed 100 yards the other way.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 05:03 PM
I love Alexander but he was a dud this game. Bit on double moves and beat over the top repeatedly. Even his int was a gift that most likely would have been a td. He'll be better for this in the long haul.

Can we please stop throwing slants from the 1, especially when the WR is lined up tight? All it takes is 1 deflection off a hand or helmet and it could be headed 100 yards the other way.

The year Wilson was picked off at the 1 in there Super Bowl, there were 109 pass plays from the 1 and no interceptions. That's how rare that pick and the pick versus Philly was. It takes some weird crap for a pick to happen there. Still I agree - I don't like the interior slant either - too congested. If you're gonna pass 4 times from the 1 go up high to Graham 4 times until he gets it.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 05:13 PM
The year Wilson was picked off at the 1 in there Super Bowl, there were 109 pass plays from the 1 and no interceptions. That's how rare that pick and the pick versus Philly was. It takes some weird crap for a pick to happen there. Still I agree - I don't like the interior slant either - too congested. If you're gonna pass 4 times from the 1 go up high to Graham 4 times until he gets it.

Basically, you have the guess the play to stop it.

NE saw it on tape too many times.

Eagles knew the backups were at all the other WR positions.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Basically, you have the guess the play to stop it.

NE saw it on tape too many times.

Eagles knew the backups were at all the other WR positions.

yeah, Eagles doubled it and the Sheppard rub/pick worked in reverse so that Scantron was essentially triple teamed.

Bossman641
10-07-2019, 05:40 PM

I don't mind the slant to an outside wr, clearer throwing lane. It's just the ones to interior guys that I hate. There's normally a de, lb, cb, and safety all around the ball.

Tony Oday
10-07-2019, 05:59 PM
We have all these huge WR and no jump ball fades?

Joemailman
10-07-2019, 07:20 PM
We have all these huge WR and no jump ball fades?

I've thought the same thing. Graham can't jump anymore, but MVS should be good at it.

Fritz
10-07-2019, 07:26 PM
I bet that was scripted.

Nah, I bet the Cap'n makes that shit up on the fly.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 10:13 PM
Nah, I bet the Cap'n makes that shit up on the fly.

I think he published that in the official Cap'n nickname thread.

So we have a record of it with a date stamp if the automaker tries to take advantage.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2019, 12:15 AM
I've thought the same thing. Graham can't jump anymore, but MVS should be good at it.

MVS has terrible ball skills though.

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 12:22 AM

Agree. It’s more when it’s contested. It’s like he’s timid and doesn’t even try. Non contested catches he’s fine.

Zool
10-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what he's missing. He has speed and some shake. He's lacking awareness on broken plays and ball skills. Maybe those can get better?

Tony Oday
10-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Lazard is 6'5" no CB in the game should be able to out jump him on a fade.