PDA

View Full Version : Alexander or King, who’s better??

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Alexander

Smart, knows splits and tendencies, aggressive, fast, more durable

King

Tall, long arms, fast, more consistent, less durable

Hard for me to pick one. They’re different players. I guess I’d give the edge to Alexander because I have more confidence in him being healthy. When both are healthy though, I almost lean toward King. He’s a damn good cover guy.

call_me_ishmael
10-07-2019, 12:44 AM
Alexander. King has played in ~50% of his games, and looked like a good player in a maybe two hands full. Alexander looks like a future first team all-pro to me. Twitchy.

I'd sell King while the value is high. I don't want him long term. He's just not durable enough. Availability is essential if you're going to offer a big contract.

HarveyWallbangers
10-07-2019, 12:46 AM
Alexander. If King were more durable, it might be close. I'd still stick with Alexander--despite this game.

Both have had stinker games (King vs. Courtland Sutton and the Broncos, Alexander had a worse game vs. Cooper), but have been solid to great in the other games.

RashanGary
10-07-2019, 06:21 AM
I’m glad we have both. Alexander leads league in passes defenses at 10 and has one pick. King is tied for third on passes defenses and has 2 interceptions. Both playing incredibly well. I give Alexander a pass on the game too. He caught the league by surprise with his play recognition and ability to attack what offenses like to do. I can tell Dallas specifically game planned to show him tendencies but baited him in.. He’s smart enough and talented enough to adjust. And some teams are playing rookies and just trying not to drown in the NFL ocean, so they won’t be able to game plan so well or attack him as well as Dak did. Alexander said last week he knew teams we’re gonna start doing double moves on him so he knew it was coming. He’ll adjust.

RashanGary
10-07-2019, 06:28 AM
One of the DBs, I think it was Sullivan, said after the game the Packers run a lot of man defense and teams know it. So today they showed man but dropped into zone a good portion of the time. Alexander and King can both man up. It’s definitely gonna be part of the identity of our defense. But one thing I like about both guys they’re smart. They can do either so Pettine can mix in the masks and be effective.

I think playing man too much to where it was predictable was part of the run defenses problem too. When teams know what’s coming, they play faster and more aggressive because they know exactly who they’re blocking so play fast. Being able to mix zone and man slows down the aggression because it changes blocking schemes.

I’m glad we have both, for a lot of reasons.

George Cumby
10-07-2019, 08:52 AM
King is so long and limby he reminds me of a Xenomorph from Alien.

bobblehead
10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Like someone said, they are different guys. Alexander is your guy to cover smaller twitchy guys and King is your guy to handle the bigger longer guys. When healthy I put them very equal at what they do respectively. If I give a small edge, its to Alexander because I think he can cross over and cover big guys better than King can cover small guys, but man does King's length make it difficult for QBs to find windows to throw into.

I've been pounding the King drum because I think too many guys have written him off already because he has been hurt early in his career. So was Casey Heyward, and we all regretted giving up on him. Its football. Guys get hurt. You can't simply give up because they had a bit of bad luck. Now, if he ends up missing a large chunk of this season and then parts of next, you part ways, or give him a minimal deal that depends on availability. I get that, but to write off all he has done this year because he was hurt the last 2...well, thats crazy talk.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 09:32 AM
King is so long and limby he reminds me of a Xenomorph from Alien.

They have special sideline protocols in place in case he bleeds during a game.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 09:38 AM
They have special sideline protocols in place in case he bleeds during a game.

You need more than an eye wash station for that stuff.

run pMc
10-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Alexander.

I'm not sold on King staying healthy, but when he is, he's pretty good. Jaire is a more dynamic player IMO though.

No complaints from me about having them as starting duo APRH.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 11:57 AM
You need more than an eye wash station for that stuff.

NaOH/EDTA lavage. Gotta neutralize that molecular acid. Now, non-molecular acid - that's the really scary stuff....

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Alexander.

I'm not sold on King staying healthy, but when he is, he's pretty good. Jaire is a more dynamic player IMO though.

No complaints from me about having them as starting duo APRH.

I think mixing in zone really helped the team, but it kinda confused J'xander. A little more experience and he will be Island-level.