PDA

View Full Version : relax.. Interesting point....

packers11
09-11-2006, 08:06 AM
You know how many games have been played??? Oh yea 1.... Now I know yesterday was not the greatest day to be watching a packers game, but there was a little glimmer....

Now there are many good teams that are 0-1...
Bucs - lost 27-0 (playoff team last year)
Giants
Carolina
Denver
Dallas

So we arent out of any "race" yet...... If anything I look at this loss, and say ITS GOOD to get a nice beat down in the first game maybe to give a wakeup call to the team / coaches..

Now you want to talk about weird.... Since I live in New England ( I have to hear thier BS 24/7)
In 2003 they lost thier season opener against bills 31-0... A shutout..... The last game of the year they played the bills again and won 31-0.... (that's the year the beat carolina in superbowl)

What does that have anything to do with the packers you may add??

The packers lost thier season opener 26-0.... A shutout... They play the last game of the season against the Bears.... Anything is possible and it is possible for that score to be 26-0 packers > bears....

Its way to early in the season to say where the packers are going, but do not judge to early... By the bye week we should know where the packers stand :neutral:

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the forum and good point!

I was lost but today Im found. Lets just hope they whup on the Saints like last year so we can all feel better.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I truly hope so, but I also know that the Saints have got to have revenge on their minds...

RIPackerFan
09-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm still pessimistic. However, when you look at it, we played right into their hands.

Chicago loves to play when they are ahead, which they were the entire game. They love to sit back and force the QB to try to win it by himself.

The game plan by MM was to make no mistakes and play conservatively in the first half, which he did. However, the D was supposed to show up and not allow them to build such a big lead. Once a lead of 10+ was established, you are not going to beat Chicago.

wist43
09-11-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm relaxed b/c I don't expect anything out of them...

That said, they played better than I thought they would, and could possibly end up winning as many as six games.

Winning six games this year would be a "successful" season.

red
I'm still pessimistic. However, when you look at it, we played right into their hands.

Chicago loves to play when they are ahead, which they were the entire game. They love to sit back and force the QB to try to win it by himself.

The game plan by MM was to make no mistakes and play conservatively in the first half, which he did. However, the D was supposed to show up and not allow them to build such a big lead. Once a lead of 10+ was established, you are not going to beat Chicago.

i agree, i had a bad feeling the game was over as soon as they scored that first TD. something told be that might be enough to win against a good bears d

Lurker64
I think it bears emphasis that Green Bay (who was not a playoff team) lost 26-0 to Chicago (who was a playoff team), but on the other hand Tampa Bay (who was a playoff team) lost 27-0 to Baltimore (who was not a playoff team.)

So of all the teams with a "Bay" in their name, we looked the best on Sunday.

Brandon494
09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
What good is it posting those team? I noticed you didnt push the teams taht were bad last year and lost today as well. We are NOT a good team right now and will be lucky to win more than 4 games this season.

packers11
09-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I think it bears emphasis that Green Bay (who was not a playoff team) lost 26-0 to Chicago (who was a playoff team), but on the other hand Tampa Bay (who was a playoff team) lost 27-0 to Baltimore (who was not a playoff team.)

So of all the teams with a "Bay" in their name, we looked the best on Sunday.

haha, my friend is a bucs fan and let me tell you the trash talk I was saying to him during the game came right back at me and kicked me in the ass... Karma is a bitch.... :sad:

packers11
09-11-2006, 08:38 AM
What good is it posting those team? I noticed you didnt push the teams taht were bad last year and lost today as well. We are NOT a good team right now and will be lucky to win more than 4 games this season.

How can you judge on one game??? You've been in dream land than because watching one game and saying the pack will win 4 games is a far stretched comment .....

I can tell you from experiance most fans are like this espically after a huge loss in the opener... Boy was I trash talking for that week when NE got blown away 31-0, they were asking for everyones head... The coaches, Bradys (4int), and the defenses head.....

When the pack starts losing more than one game, and it starts looking bad, than we can talk about how BAD the pack is :mrgreen: