PDA

View Full Version : Lions at Lambeau : Week 6

Radagast
10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Following a bye week to rest, the Detroit Lions will play the Packers in Green Bay on Monday Night Football on October 14th. The 8:15 pm (EDT) start could find GB facing a Lions team that may be better than they has appeared thus far this season. Stafford has Jones and Golladay to pass to as well as Johnson to run the ball. How these experienced veterans will do against GB's 2019 Defense should be interesting

Green Bay 38

Detroit 17.

Fritz
10-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Say, I have a couple of questions. With The Flower being less open to updating the media on injuries, there has been little discussion here on the injured guys. So . . .

- Any word on how long Savage is expected to be out?

- Is Linsley out for a while? How bad was that concussion?

- And Tonyan? How severe was his injury?

- Is Dr. Z still feeling the effects of his injury, which kept him limited a bit in Dallas?

- Who will the Packers bring back from IR this season? St. Brown? Sternberger? Raven Greene? How are each of them progressing? Any word?

Smidgeon
10-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Say, I have a couple of questions. With The Flower being less open to updating the media on injuries, there has been little discussion here on the injured guys. So . . .

- Any word on how long Savage is expected to be out?

- Is Linsley out for a while? How bad was that concussion?

- And Tonyan? How severe was his injury?

- Is Dr. Z still feeling the effects of his injury, which kept him limited a bit in Dallas?

- Who will the Packers bring back from IR this season? St. Brown? Sternberger? Raven Greene? How are each of them progressing? Any word?

Since ESB started the year on IR (instead of on the active roster then moving to IR, he's out for the entire year and can't be designated to return.

My guess is Raven Greene will be one of them to come back with all the myriad injuries coming and going in the secondary. I wouldn't mind seeing Sternberger either, but if Tonyan isn't seeing much of the field right now, Sternberger would see even less. Let him use IR as a redshirt year, study the playbook furiously, bulk up his body appropriately, and be ready to roll in 2020.

Radagast
10-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Fritz and Smidgeon, your post have brought to light an all to often lightly covered area. I salute you both and wish to add to this discussion too.

This thread was formed to allow for a place to present information, opinion, and ideas with respect to the upcoming game between the Packers and the Lions. Injuries play a prominent role each week For me learning more about injuries to the Packers or any of the other NFL teams is difficult at best. What might help would be links to resources that offer better updates on player injuries, their severity and expected duration.

Any sports links that offer info on injuries, play breakdown, or fundamental football basics would serve to update the many as the few will get the basic education that they lack. Thanks.

Fritz
10-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Since ESB started the year on IR (instead of on the active roster then moving to IR, he's out for the entire year and can't be designated to return.

My guess is Raven Greene will be one of them to come back with all the myriad injuries coming and going in the secondary. I wouldn't mind seeing Sternberger either, but if Tonyan isn't seeing much of the field right now, Sternberger would see even less. Let him use IR as a redshirt year, study the playbook furiously, bulk up his body appropriately, and be ready to roll in 2020.

Funny, I thought Encyclopedia St. Brown did make the active roster but then went to IR. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

mraynrand
10-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Funny, I thought Encyclopedia St. Brown did make the active roster but then went to IR. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Everyone in Green Bay thought that Police Chief St. Brown was amazing, because he solved all the problems of the Packers. He would go home with a problem and then the next day, return with a solution. What people didn't know is that most of the problems were solved over dinner, and usually were solved by his 13 year old son, Encyclopedia St. Brown.

Chapter I: The case of the missing return from Injured Reserve player