PDA

View Full Version : Elgton Jenkins

The Shadow
10-08-2019, 11:30 AM
I am thrilled we drafted this kid. The best wide receivers in the world do not matter if your offensive line can't perform.
Kudos to Gutey!

mraynrand
10-08-2019, 11:52 AM
TOPH!

George Cumby
10-08-2019, 02:11 PM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30899-Second-Round-Pick-2019-Elgton-Jenkins-OL&highlight=Elgton+jenkins

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2019, 03:06 PM
He looks like he's going to be a stud.

call_me_ishmael
10-08-2019, 03:27 PM
He looks extremely physically fit. He looks like a lean tackle instead of a guard to me. That is a good sign to me.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I tend to agree with the good things being said, but the kid does make a few (rookie?) mistakes. It's too soon to say if he will become a legitimate star O Lineman. It doesn't take much to be better than what we have had in recent years.

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Turner hasn’t been as good in pass pro but both Turner and Jenkins are blocking better on the second level the anyone we’ve had in a while. The WRs and TEs seem to have bought into Lafleurs all 11 mantra because they’re all blocking with passion too.

Jenkins does look like a Probowl caliber OL in the making. He’s a part of what looks like could be a decent run game this year.

call_me_ishmael
10-08-2019, 09:56 PM
Turner hasn’t been as good in pass pro but both Turner and Jenkins are blocking better on the second level the anyone we’ve had in a while. The WRs and TEs seem to have bought into Lafleurs all 11 mantra because they’re all blocking with passion too.

Jenkins does look like a Probowl caliber OL in the making. He’s a part of what looks like could be a decent run game this year.

"anyone we've had in awhile" - didn't TJ Lang leave last year? They have had stud guards for a very long time.

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 10:30 PM
2017 was jahei Evans/McCray
2018 was McCray/Bell

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 10:31 PM
2016 Taylor was LG

So you’d have to go back to 2015 when we had two athletic guards. I guess it’s not that long of a while but a while.

pbmax
10-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Turner has a little Newhouse in him. If he misses, he tends to stand and look at the situation sometimes. Not as bad, but worrying.

pbmax
10-08-2019, 10:36 PM
2017 was jahei Evans/McCray
2018 was McCray/Bell

The 2017 line had NO trouble run blocking. It was a weird year.

bobblehead
10-09-2019, 12:22 AM
"anyone we've had in awhile" - didn't TJ Lang leave last year? They have had stud guards for a very long time.

You ditched part of the quote. Better on the second level.

While TJ was awesome and I love him, Turner and Elgton were brought in specifically because they have the ability to latch onto guys like Vander Esche in space. Its a rare talent to be able to connect on your blocks in the open field on the 2nd level. TJ wasn't good at it. Darren College was really good at it.

And its really important. Especially if you are running outside zone.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 07:50 AM
You ditched part of the quote. Better on the second level.

And its really important. Especially if you are running outside zone.

It’s been really helpful on inside zones too. Boom, move over the double vs a 3-3 nickel, then onto the LB on the second level.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Lang was ok on the second level. Both he and Sitton were tough up front. Sitton didn’t move well in space.

Jenkins and Turner both seem better in space than Sitton or Lang. But both Sitton and Lang were better on pass pro. Jenkins has a chance to be as good as one or both... but we’ll see. Those were Probowl level pass blockers.

Turner is the anti-Sitton. Movement oriented. Run game oriented. Sketchy pocket pass blocker.

QBME
10-09-2019, 02:23 PM
TOPH!

I like your IHOP suggestion better. More universally understood.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 06:14 PM
I like your IHOP suggestion better. More universally understood.

Noted. I admit the Leeeeroy Jenkins thing is pretty damn great. Have to believe some teammates have pulled that one on him. I might have to get a Leeeeroy Jenkins #74 uni

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Got ourselves a real find with him.

Fritz
10-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Turner has a little Newhouse in him. If he misses, he tends to stand and look at the situation sometimes. Not as bad, but worrying.

Spriggs had that same trait, but it's in the backup tackle description in the official Green Bay Packers handbook:

Backup tackle:

Must be willing to stand and watch once initially beaten by an opponent.

QBME
10-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Noted. I admit the Leeeeroy Jenkins thing is pretty damn great. Have to believe some teammates have pulled that one on him. I might have to get a Leeeeroy Jenkins #74 uni

No frame of reference. To wit: late during the July 4th celebration this year, my nieces and nephews were conspiring to hold me down, cut me in half and count the rings.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 10:41 PM
No frame of reference. To wit: late during the July 4th celebration this year, my nieces and nephews were conspiring to hold me down, cut me in half and count the rings.

Just give them a tablet or phone and have them IMDB all the remakes of A Star Is Born you remember. Much easier and more accurate. If you were around for the drought of '57-'59, those rings will be too close together.