PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady with mobility. Best QB in the NFL

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Our 35 million dollar man has reached new heights. He’s the greatest ball security QB in the history of the game, has elite field command, has mobility, makes all the throws and now has evolved to the point where he fully understands how to empower the other 10 guys to their full potential by trusting the guys who are fired up and engaged in the run game.

ARs understanding of people has caught up with his understanding of Xs and Os.

Unstoppable.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Maybe McCarthys figurative head was more inflated than his ginormous anatomical head and the supposed QB guru was actually stifling ARs growth.

call_me_ishmael
10-09-2019, 10:55 AM
You are such a homer lol. I love it. We need a little more of that in the world. Aaron hasn't looked "special" this season in my opinion. Of course, I barely watch the games so perhaps perception isn't reality and I'm just biased. I hope he figures out how to get it rollin'. It very well could just be that he doesn't have the weapons and we overrate Adams.

I would really like the Packers to try to improve that #2 receiver spot. I think we're uniquely close to being a contender and getting a premier #2 instead of a below average #2 would go a very long way towards making the offense potent.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 10:58 AM
It very well could just be that he doesn't have the weapons and we overrate Adams.

This is the key from your post. They weaponized Jones in Dallas, because that's their best skill player. Every other guy out there at the offensive skill positions was pedestrian. Adams is a legit #1.

George Cumby
10-09-2019, 11:05 AM
This is the key from your post. They weaponized Jones in Dallas, because that's their best skill player. Every other guy out there at the offensive skill positions was pedestrian. Adams is a legit #1.

Some people say he's a fraud.

Zool
10-09-2019, 11:32 AM

I had hopes for MVS and EQ this year. MVS looks about the same as last year and Equinimeous was put out to pasture before the season even started.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2019, 12:10 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought somebody was gonna be bringing up Patrick Mahomes.

Absolutely, Aaron Rodgers is "Tom Brady with mobility" and the "Best QB in the NFL". He's the GOAT, for crying out loud. This all has been true for nearly a decade and still is dead obvious. So I have to ask, why bring it up now? Is it somehow a surprise to anybody?

I have a high regard for Aaron Jones also, and Davante Adams too. Both, same as pretty much everybody else, though, are on a whole different lower level than the GOAT. As for Valdez-Scantling, I'm expecting him to have a break out game one of these weeks - maybe this week with Detroit's penchant for man coverage. He has all the physical tools to be a great WR - he just needs to do some learning that will come from experience. As somebody in here mentioned, he's ahead of Adams' progress at the same point of his career. Stashing St. Brown this year, if in fact that's what happened, was smart, as to keep him on the 53, we woulda lost somebody else who was good.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Tex,
I bring it up now cuz he’s been unwilling up until this point to really support the run game with his at-line decisions. The whole 11 is fired up to play now. Part of that is MLF vs McCarthy, but AR is a big part too.

Partial,
I measure QB play very different than a lot of people here. Those 4 rushing touchdowns hurt ARs QB rating and didn’t make for a great highlight reel. But the victory column says W. Brady won a lot of championships on his pedestrian years. Manning’s two SBs came on his two most pedestrian years. But if you judge it the way I do, in a total affect on the team sense vs individual sense, then those are those players best years. AR agrees. He said this was his best game of the season. If winning matters, it’s 100% true. And listening to AR, his mindset is completely off stats and onto championships.

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Stats tell the sweetest lies. Teams constantly behind, picking up garbage yards have the best offenses. Teams constantly ahead, giving up garbage yards have the worst defenses. Fackrell is the best pass rusher on our team. MVSs rookie year shows he’s a better player than Adams, etc.....

Gotta go with wisdom and experience over stats

Stats sometimes open the mind to examine something a little closer, but a good full open mind to reality trumps stats every time.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Stats tell the sweetest lies. Teams constantly behind, picking up garbage yards have the best offenses. Teams constantly ahead, giving up garbage yards have the worst defenses. Fackrell is the best pass rusher on our team. MVSs rookie year shows he’s a better player than Adams, etc.....

Stats sometimes open the mind to examine something a little closer, but a good full open mind to reality trumps stats every time.

I grok this

RashanGary
10-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Between ARs dominant, but selfless performance where he should have had 3 touchdowns and a 130 rating but instead had zero and a 95 rating.... and his comments about not caring about stats, only about winning.... and the Lucas Patrick comments

I don’t think Aaron Rodgers, the person, has ever had a better week in the media.

I respect his game more now than when he was putting up gaudy numbers.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Tex,
I bring it up now cuz he’s been unwilling up until this point to really support the run game with his at-line decisions. The whole 11 is fired up to play now. Part of that is MLF vs McCarthy, but AR is a big part too.

I would say that is unsubstantiated rumor - both the way it supposedly was before and the perceived change this game. None of us really knows what goes on about that.

If it's true, though, I'd trust Rodgers a helluva lot more than LaFleur to call effective plays. Furthermore, I'd argue we are winning in spite of the new offense, not because of it. Defense is the biggest area of improvement - obviously.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 10:02 PM

Need better stats.