PDA

View Full Version : Egotists & Egoists - Cowboys

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2019, 08:15 AM
First, a shout out to Prof Rand for lecturing us on the differences between Egoism and Egotism.

For example, if Antonio Brown were an egoist, he'd kiss some asses, and 40 million frogskins would be his. Since he'd be better off financially, it'd be in his best interest to kiss asses, even if doing so - getting exploited by fat cats - makes him a loser.

But since Brown is an egotist - a mischievous egotist - he just had to defend his battered ego against the authorities (Mayock, etc.) and women seeking to either expose the truths or shatter his fragile ego. In some mischievous way, AB is a winner.

Anyway, high in the afterglow of this apprehensive victory, I not only reviewed every play of this game in approximately 45 minutes, I also watched every play of the ALL-22 Coaches Films in in approximately 2 hours.

Egoists (losers):

Alexander - In an effort to contain Zeke the Rapist, Pettine called alotta 69 Pistol Force...Nobody fucking knows what the common Pistol Force is, but the 69 is simply Cover 1 Man (8 Men Box)...Game was Alexander's opportunity to showcase to the nation "shutdownism"...23 proved that he ain't a shutdown corner...Cooper schooled Alexander.

King - See Alexander...Except that nobody knew Gallup existed til this game...King made Gallup look like AB.

Wankers - Watching the All-22 Films, I saw the entire field, and none of the wankers playing could get open...MVS idiotically ran the wrong route prior to the half, which irked the Great Arm of Butte a great deal...Was supposed to run deep post; ran deep crossing instead...Sloth was blanketed all night by XFL corners...Shepperd dropped a 6...Kum couldn't get open and hands were cold.

Martinez - Looked good in the first 2 games; starting to look like Hawk nowadays...Couldn't shed blocks nor cover...Played with terrible technique on the wheel route to Zeke with Gary desperately trailing a cloud of dusts.

Lowry - This guy is 300+ lbs and 200 lbs RBs continue to drag him into the endzone, even after he wrapped them up behind the LOS...Stonewall Jackson could've stonewalled Zeke from scoring.

Egoists (Winners):

Jones - Pulled an Al Bundy with 4 TDs...MVP of game...Made plenty of plays outta nothing.

Great Arm of Butte - Stats were mediocre, but receivers couldn't get open...Did what he had to do to win game, which was throwing to TEs and RBs and handing the rock off to Jones...In the 4th, LaFluer called the exact same play he called prior to the half, the one that saw MVS ran the wrong route...MVS ran correct route, finally, but rock was underthrown.

Odds and Ends: The Fucking Center is playing OK for a rookie, but German Shepherd should've drafted DK Metcalf instead...Substitute McCray (or any other fat guy) in there for the Fucking Center, and the drop off in talent would be unnoticeable...Substitute Metcalf in for, say, the Sloth, and the Great Arm of Butte would definitely be less grouchy...Packers currrently sit at 4-1 at this moment in space-time, but apprehension is still the name of the game, for, wankers are playing WR for the Pack.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2019, 11:13 AM
You actually caused me to look up egoist and egotist hahahaha. The former is just somebody who pretty much minds his own business but lives a kinda selfish life. The latter is somebody who is conceited, flaunts it and brags a lot. I guess that's sorta what you said although I'm not sure how that applies to studs and duds in a football game hahahahaha.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody even accused poor Zeke of rape - just girl friend beating, and I think he was cleared of that. True about the D, true, sadly, about Alexander, although I think he is still good enough to shut down 95-98% of the receivers in the league. I knew Gallup existed - he's a tall fast up and coming guy, kinda their version of MVS. King was hot and cold, but I concur, more ist than tist. I disagree about our receivers being wankers hahahaha, although they didn't have all that good a game for most of the reasons you said. They are good, though, and will show it more often than not. You could say, Martinez is one guy doing the job of two guys in the Packers D. I'll give him a pass for messing up sometimes - since we won. Lowry and Lancaster did what they do best for most of the game - making sure the bench doesn't blow away by sitting on it. There was that play you mentioned, though.

Aaron X 2, nothing more needs to be said but what you said - except I think we got a big PI penalty on that second MVS pass play. Lucas Patrick ain't a rookie - his previous biggest claim to fame was hitting Clay Matthews in the face with a line drive in the team softball game. It almost seemed like he played better than Linsley. I finally got a chance to see your boy Metcalf play a little bit for Seattle, and he does look good. I say again, though, I bet in 3 or 4 years he is gnerally considered not as good as MVS - improvement by MVS and probable injuries to Metcalf considered.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Tex, I have been boycotting the NFL, so I had no fucking clue who #13, Gallup, was til this game.

Patrick coulda lost the game with some of his missnaps. Pretty sure LaFluer didn’t draw up any direct snaps. A fucking center that can’t snap should not be a fucking center. Plus, didn’t they draft the Fucking Center in the 2nd over Metcalf? Why ain’t he at center? Linsley oughta take some oxy and play on Monday.

MVS would be in Rodgers’ doghouse, ala Janis, with better receivers on the team. Irks 12 a tons with mental breakdowns.

In 3-4 years, Metcalf will be a star. Maybe even a mischievous egotist, but dude is smart, so more likely, he’ll be Megatron humble.

mraynrand
10-10-2019, 05:10 PM
First, a shout out to Prof Rand for lecturing us on the differences between Egoism and Egotism.

Egoists (losers):
Egoists (Winners):

You would get an F, simply for not being able to correctly label your categories, not to mention getting simple definitions wrong so that they are inverted. Also, you would fail for not actually watching the subject on which you are commenting. Other than that, you get a 45% for using the english language and having some complete thoughts and sentences. "lol"

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2019, 08:45 PM
oooooh APB, my son, I guess you hid that report card instead of bringing it to me hahahahahaha.

I have to ask also, if you are ignoring the NFL, how is it you're such an expert on Metcalf? Yeah, he's good; Yeah, in 4 years he may be a megatron quality superstar; But he also, I think, has an injury history which likely as not could pop up and bite him (and the team drafting him) in the ass. Even if Metcalf stays healthy, though, I'm betting that the guy we got in the 5th round the year before will be as good or better.

Are you telling me you think Patrick's direct snaps to Jones were accidental? Maybe, but I don't think so, especially considering that there were two of them.

KYPack
10-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Rand is about right here.

I'd give you an F-.

You boycott the NFL, but you give your addled opinions on the league? Makes no sense.

But let's look at your lame analysis of Pettine's game plan for the boys....

" In an effort to contain Zeke the Rapist, Pettine called alotta 69 Pistol Force...Nobody fucking knows what the common Pistol Force is, but the 69 is simply Cover 1 Man (8 Men Box)"

You wanna know what the pistol force is? (Nutz wouldn't tell you?) read a book by Fritz Shurmur or Bill Ansparger. It's called playing team defense. A pistol force is a responsibility in a team defensive scheme. There is no defense called a "69 Pistol Force". That's just some bullshit your lyin' ass made up.

Cover 1 man with an 8 men box? What the hell are you talking about? Pettine played his version of the 3-4 with zone in back. Just because Alexander is singled up on Cooper, that does NOT mean the Pack was in man. The Packers didn't play cover 1 in any snap I saw. You boycott the league, the game is boycotting you. Learn the basics of team defense and you will begin to understand the game enough to actually enjoy what you are looking at.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2019, 09:15 PM
You would get an F, simply for not being able to correctly label your categories, not to mention getting simple definitions wrong so that they are inverted. Also, you would fail for not actually watching the subject on which you are commenting. Other than that, you get a 45% for using the english language and having some complete thoughts and sentences. "lol"

I forgot the T in egotist b/c I had to jump into a cryosauna for a 3 minutes cryotherapy session. Feels nice after session, but the fucking groin strain still won’t heal.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2019, 09:26 PM
oooooh APB, my son, I guess you hid that report card instead of bringing it to me hahahahahaha.

I have to ask also, if you are ignoring the NFL, how is it you're such an expert on Metcalf? Yeah, he's good; Yeah, in 4 years he may be a megatron quality superstar; But he also, I think, has an injury history which likely as not could pop up and bite him (and the team drafting him) in the ass. Even if Metcalf stays healthy, though, I'm betting that the guy we got in the 5th round the year before will be as good or better.

Are you telling me you think Patrick's direct snaps to Jones were accidental? Maybe, but I don't think so, especially considering that there were two of them.

MVS is a one-trick pony; catches uncontested bombs. Lacks spectacular catch Kung fu. Unpolished route runner.

Yes, the snaps were Patrick fuck ups, not that anyone is complaining due to the outcomes. Rodgers himself admitted it.

Btw, I sometimes watch Seattle games on GamePass.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Rand is about right here.

I'd give you an F-.

You boycott the NFL, but you give your addled opinions on the league? Makes no sense.

But let's look at your lame analysis of Pettine's game plan for the boys....

" In an effort to contain Zeke the Rapist, Pettine called alotta 69 Pistol Force...Nobody fucking knows what the common Pistol Force is, but the 69 is simply Cover 1 Man (8 Men Box)"

You wanna know what the pistol force is? (Nutz wouldn't tell you?) read a book by Fritz Shurmur or Bill Ansparger. It's called playing team defense. A pistol force is a responsibility in a team defensive scheme. There is no defense called a "69 Pistol Force". That's just some bullshit your lyin' ass made up.

Cover 1 man with an 8 men box? What the hell are you talking about? Pettine played his version of the 3-4 with zone in back. Just because Alexander is singled up on Cooper, that does NOT mean the Pack was in man. The Packers didn't play cover 1 in any snap I saw. You boycott the league, the game is boycotting you. Learn the basics of team defense and you will begin to understand the game enough to actually enjoy what you are looking at.

Watch the coaches films, not the tv version. Plenty of cover 1 man. Alex and King were on islands all day.

Everything I know about football, I learned from former Pack backup QB JT O’Sullivan via his YouTube page, The QB School (awesome shit; check it out.) Ole JT calls Cover 1 the 69 Pistol Force.

KYPack
10-10-2019, 10:09 PM
"Ole JT calls Cover 1 the 69 Pistol Force."

Total lie, total bullshit.

George Cumby
10-10-2019, 10:23 PM
KY Salty tonight. lol.