PDA

View Full Version : Packer WRs

Tony Oday
10-10-2019, 12:06 PM
How are they this bad? Beside Adams maybe MVS is a 3rd guy, MAYBE. Geronimo is fun to yell when he gets his two catches but really he is maybe a 3rd stringer.

I think we should trade for Green it would be AWESOME!

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Green of the Bengals? Not a bad idea if he was cheap - low round pick. I doubt that is the case, though. Otherwise, I'd rather have Lazard - who would probably get cut if we got Green or somebody else in a trade.

There's a lot of talk by detractors of our WRs. Nope, it just ain't so.

Valdez-Scantling has all the tools to be a star quality player. He's doing better in this early stage of his career than Davante Adams. Very few WRs reach their peak in their first or second season. He's good and gonna be a lot better.

I'm not gonna oversell Allison. He's an athletically limited guy who has been basically just ok, but as our third or fourth best, he's decent.

Is Kumerow nearly as good as he played in preseason? I would think yes, but who knows. He seems to have fair speed, a knack to get open, and good ability to catch the ball. That seems like a quality WR to me.

I want to see more of Shepherd as a receiver. He too did it in preseason and may (or may not) be that good in regular games.

gbgary
10-10-2019, 03:48 PM
How are they this bad? Beside Adams maybe MVS is a 3rd guy, MAYBE. Geronimo is fun to yell when he gets his two catches but really he is maybe a 3rd stringer.

they're not "bad" but they're all #3's, and lower, at this point. mvs might be knocking on the door of the #2 spot soon though. allison? nah. he's topped out imo. green would be interesting i guess. he's not 100%. pats seem to be the main player, as usual, in rumors so far. he and brady would probably hit the ground running but it would take several weeks for he and rodgers to get acclimated to each other if ever.

Joemailman
10-10-2019, 05:32 PM

Green missed 6 games in 2016, 7 games in 2018, and 5 games this year. He's a free agent at the end of the year. I wouldn't be inclined to give up much for him. I'm not opposed to trading for a vet WR, but not him. There have been trade rumors about Emmanuel Sanders, but he's kind of the same situation. Good veteran receiver, getting hurt in recent years, will be a free agent at the end of the year.

Bottom line is the Packers need to draft a wide receiver next year. Early.

Joemailman
10-10-2019, 05:34 PM
It's too bad St.Brown got hurt. He looked good late last year. He might well be ahead of MVS right now if he were playing.

pbmax
10-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Cincy and tiny McVay root stem Zac Taylor says they are not trading him.

run pMc
10-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Cincy and tiny McVay root stem Zac Taylor says they are not trading him.

Good player but in his 30's and hurt. I question if it would be worth whatever it would take to pry him from CIN for an 8-10 game rental anyway.

mraynrand
10-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Good player but in his 30's and hurt. I question if it would be worth whatever it would take to pry him from CIN for an 8-10 game rental anyway.

NE will get him

Tony Oday
10-11-2019, 10:47 AM

100% he is worth it.