PDA

View Full Version : Da Bears' twelveth man....

Iron Mike
09-11-2006, 08:08 AM
I hate to whine, but does anyone else besides me think that the Packers did poorly enough on their own, but the officiating left a lot to be desired???

Here's some poor calls I remember:

--bad spots on the 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1, where Grossman's 4th and 1 was given a pretty generous spot.

--TWO, count 'em TWO missed holding calls on Hester's punt return for a TD.

--non-call of defensive pass interference when the DB shoved Fergy down on the one-yard line.

--any number of WWF-style takedowns on KGB.

Can someone with TiVO count the number of holding calls that were missed on Chicago's OL??? I know we gave up a lot of third-down conversions, but I think the Bears had a little help.

Feel free to add your own. I'm sure I missed several bad calls.

packers11
09-11-2006, 08:13 AM
you want to hear the 13th man??? THE FANS......
WHERE WERE THE FANS ON THE THIRD DOWNS ....

I was watching the Colts / Giants game last night, Payton was having such a hard time calling his plays and talking to the lineman because the GIANT fans were so loud....

The Green Bay fans were silent, I could hear the crickets chirp in Lambeau.....

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Didn't they boo Woodson?

packers11
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Didn't they boo Woodson?

haha, yea I think your right....

red
09-11-2006, 08:18 AM
there was one hold on kgb that was so obvious that it was sick, but they didn't call it. i think it was KGB. grossman rolled out and the guy had a clear shot at him, and the o-linemen just grabbed him from behind and held him.

the refs were bad, but i don't think it would have effected the win loss column. it might have made it a little closer, but thats it

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Didn't they boo Woodson?

I may be wrong. but I think that was the Bear fans chanting Moooose after catches by Muhsin Muhammad.

pbmax
09-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Blaming refs for losses is weak stuff. I have a lot of fair weather Viking fans (not Rastak) as friends and that is their first defense, ALWAYS. We got outplayed.

And it isn't going to get better on the ref front, they aren't sending the good ref crews to work a game that 0.1% of the country will see.

edit: added "0.1% of the country will see"

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Blaming refs for losses is weak stuff.

Especially when it's 26-0.

Joemailman
09-11-2006, 08:38 AM
The Packers got the short end of the calls, but the game was 26-0. The Refs didn't cause Marquand Manuel to run toward the line of scrimmage as Berrian ran past him.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 08:43 AM
No, but if they spot the ball on 3rd and one or 4th and inches we keep possession and maybe put some points on the board (not to mention giving our D a few more minutes of needed rest). If they call the pass interference committed against Ferguson, there's 7 points and if they call the blatant holding on the Hester runback, that's 7 points off the board for the Bears. The score might have been much closer even if the play still sucked. I do hope they take a look at the officiating and smack somebody upside the head.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
My only complaint would be the spot on those two plays which might have prevented the egg (0). Other then that the zebras didnt matter much.

What would have helped was benching Woodson and putting Carroll on moose.

packinpatland
09-11-2006, 08:59 AM
The game still would have been lost, even if the calls had been made. But maybe it wouldn't have been a shutout.
Somehow, that sticks with me more than the loss itself

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Blaming refs for losses is weak stuff. I have a lot of fair weather Viking fans (not Rastak) as friends and that is their first defense, ALWAYS. We got outplayed.

And it isn't going to get better on the ref front, they aren't sending the good ref crews to work a game that 0.1% of the country will see.

edit: added "0.1% of the country will see"
.1% would be equal to 10% so I think you meant to say .01%. Understood either way.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 09:26 AM
My only complaint would be the spot on those two plays which might have prevented the egg (0). Other then that the zebras didnt matter much.

What would have helped was benching Woodson and putting Carroll on moose.
Harris was on Moose on some of those catches too. Dont put all the blame on Woodson.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 09:28 AM
No, but if they spot the ball on 3rd and one or 4th and inches we keep possession and maybe put some points on the board (not to mention giving our D a few more minutes of needed rest). If they call the pass interference committed against Ferguson, there's 7 points and if they call the blatant holding on the Hester runback, that's 7 points off the board for the Bears. The score might have been much closer even if the play still sucked. I do hope they take a look at the officiating and smack somebody upside the head.
Fergy back was turned to the ball and the DB was going for the ball. Pass interference is when you impede a players play on the ball.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 09:30 AM
he was pushed and you'll never convince me otherwise. The push came right at the beginning of their feet getting tangled up. THAT is pass interference.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
he was pushed and you'll never convince me otherwise. The push came right at the beginning of their feet getting tangled up. THAT is pass interference.
OK. :crazy: