PDA

View Full Version : Which Side of the Ball will Improve?

pbmax
10-13-2019, 10:11 AM
According to Football Outsiders, the Packers are 9th in overall efficency (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average).

The Offense is 9th and the Defense is 9th. Offense is on a recent rise. Defense, while still getting turnovers, has declined a bit.

Which unit will improve as the season goes on?

RashanGary
10-13-2019, 11:22 AM
How does the offense compare to last year?

Fritz
10-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Special Teams?

With Shawn Meninges leading the way, how can they go wrong?

gbgary
10-15-2019, 10:48 PM
How does the offense compare to last year?

it's all got to better than last year.

mraynrand
10-15-2019, 10:54 PM
I voted "the laces side"

Radagast
10-16-2019, 12:37 AM
The Packers have put together a full roter in 2019. The defense has been the area that HAS already improved the most. Even with a 5 - 1 record it is still not enough for some posters. I say hats off to LaFleur/Rodgers as they have performed impressively even with injuries to Adams and Williams and Tonyan and others on the offense. Also remember that they are just getting comfortable with the new offense system. I am astounded with how well the offense has progressed and like Williams return vs the Lions, I also look forward to those injured returning to a weekly improved set of starters and backups.

A Poll to gage fan expectations is lame. I see BOTH Offense and Defense having their ups and downs, Special teams too. Savage made some poor STs plays against the Lions, but I had rather he make those mistakes now (and learn from it), than to make those same mistakes at a more critical point in this season. Making and learning from mistakes are how a team grows better before moving into the playoffs.

YES I said the "p" word. GB should win their div, and will probably reach a 1st or 2nd seed. With that should come a wildcard bye and home field advantage. So get to saving those coins if you want to see the Packers/in January/hosting the Div round playoff and possibly the NFC Championship game.

GB's greatest enemy is/will be injuries. It all hinges upon keeping the starters healthy or getting players back in time to get in some pre playoff regular season games. Let's all be positive and not court bad luck. Enjoy the victories and don't get panicky when the Packers loose another game, as they most likely will.

No poll can measure a players heart, or grade the hours spent researching game film. I'll not take this poll even for fun as it is a poor evaluation moving forward.

mraynrand
10-16-2019, 07:04 AM
Geez what a nag

hoosier
10-16-2019, 07:57 AM
I suspect someone is out to avenge his sullied honor after getting spanked in a different thread on fantasized trade proposals.

pbmax
10-16-2019, 08:02 AM
A Poll to gage fan expectations is lame..

https://media.giphy.com/media/GKJdo2bUbSDja/giphy.gif

RashanGary
10-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Awwe, thumper!

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Savage made some poor STs plays against the Lions, but I had rather he make those mistakes now (and learn from it), than to make those same mistakes at a more critical point in this season.

In the gameday thread, i asked where the fuck was 21 Savage. Pb refused to tell b/c i'm boycotting the NFL. Looks like Savage was fucking up on STs, eh?

hoosier
10-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Flawed poll: "none of the above" isn't an option. Voted offense because I had to choose something, but if I could have chosen neither I might have gone there. Where is the improvement on defense going to come from? Smith brothers are playing out of their heads, Pack will be fortunate if they just continue to match their early season production. Alexander and King have been solid to great with a few blips in between. Savage could continue to improve. Clark could suddenly wake up and become a disruptive force. Otherwise I don't see where it's coming from on that side of the Russ Ball. Other side, lots of room to get better. Will it happen? I think it all hinges on ARod getting hot like he did in 2016 and 2014. If that has passed him by, there won't be much improvement on the offensive Russ.

ThunderDan
10-16-2019, 07:12 PM
In the gameday thread, i asked where the fuck was 21 Savage. Pb refused to tell b/c i'm boycotting the NFL. Looks like Savage was fucking up on STs, eh?

Of course Savage is injured and didn’t suit up for the game.

Zool
10-16-2019, 07:35 PM

At least pay attention if you’re going to post.

mraynrand
10-16-2019, 08:13 PM
The Guided Missile wears #26

pbmax
10-16-2019, 09:17 PM
At least pay attention if you’re going to post.

He's boycotting, so he is just reading PackerRats. And we are apparently failing him.

Zool
10-17-2019, 07:53 AM
He's boycotting, so he is just reading PackerRats. And we are apparently failing him.

Someone posts the injury report every week and Savage was listed as out. He's failing himself.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Someone posts the injury report every week and Savage was listed as out. He's failing himself.

Rand also posted the jersey number correction earlier. We need to reach the student, not just lead TankHorse* to water. Need a new educational paradigm.

*misnaming 21 is also confusing Radagast as well.

Zool
10-17-2019, 09:07 AM
You can lead a TankHorse to water, but you can't suck on his asshole to make him drink.

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 09:48 AM
You can lead a TankHorse to water, but you can't suck on his asshole to make him drink.

Disturbing!

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 09:50 AM

I don't think enough detail was included. There were insufficient links to MRIs, CAT scans, physician notes and other details that Packerrats should provide to it's readership.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2019, 11:33 AM
The Guided Missile wears #26

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pM6BNml5lkc/maxresdefault.jpg

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2019, 11:36 AM
He's #26 now for sure. Did he start camp wearing #21 or what?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2019, 11:56 AM
He's #26 now for sure. Did he start camp wearing #21 or what?

Former Badgers (great?) Natrell Jamerson (not related to former Badgers great Jamar Fletcher) donned the 21 in TC. The day after cutdown day, the very hot Olivia Reiner tweeted that Savage was switching from 26 to 21, perhaps to pay homage to the Redcoat (British) rapper, 21 Savage.

Probably switched back to 26 after the NFL sent Savage a colossal bill for all the remaining unsold 26s that were in circulation at the time of the switch. I think a player that doesn’t switch teams have to buy his unsold jerseys before he could switch numbers.

I ain’t fond of 26. Bears game in WK 1, I thought Peprah was back.

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2019, 12:40 PM
He looks more like Herb Adderley to me.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 01:10 PM
I am going to pitch TankHorse to the Cartoon Network as the inevitable follow up to CatDog.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 01:37 PM
I don't think enough detail was included. There were insufficient links to MRIs, CAT scans, physician notes and other details that Packerrats should provide to it's readership.

@ProFootballDoc and @injuryexpert, if you are listening, please hack the MyBellinHealth accounts for Packers and gives us the missing X-rays and MRI results.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2019, 02:08 PM
I voted offense, b/c, with Sloth KIA-ed, the O has once again found rhythm and sync. Defense would be dominant without all the big plays it has been permitting.

hoosier
10-17-2019, 04:21 PM
Defense would be 2011-level bad without all the sacks and passes defended.

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Defense would be 2011-level bad without all the sacks and passes defended.

And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a wagon. But I get your point - the defense has a few serious vulnerabilities...

Fritz
10-17-2019, 05:32 PM
And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a wagon. But I get your point - the defense has a few serious vulnerabilities...

I can only say that I enjoy watching this team far, far more than in previous years. I enjoy watching a good Packer defense, and that's been pretty rare. I think that's why, in part, that damn Seattle NFC Championship game hurt so much -the defense played lights out for most of that game.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 05:37 PM
I can only say that I enjoy watching this team far, far more than in previous years. I enjoy watching a good Packer defense, and that's been pretty rare. I think that's why, in part, that damn Seattle NFC Championship game hurt so much -the defense played lights out for most of that game.

For Julius' first two years (14 and 15), there was little wrong with the defense especially late in the year. That was the fist sign the offense had developed a problem.

hoosier
10-17-2019, 06:53 PM

The first thing you wrote was actually my main point :). Gotta consider what I was responding to.

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 08:33 PM
The first thing you wrote was actually my main point :). Gotta consider what I was responding to.

Indeed. I should have responded directly to his post But I didn’t want to!