PDA

View Full Version : Egotists & Egoists - Lions, Part 1

Anti-Polar Bear
10-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Egoists (losers):

Jones - After the fertile game in Dallas, was sterilized...Pooped out rock...Catch the fucking rock!

Shepherd - Catch the fucking rock!...Pooped out rock...Forgot to watch the Cindy Crawford flick, Fair Game, and didn't call for fair catch.

King - Got pimped by a 47 years old Joey Galloway...Pettine must think King is a shutdown corner since he kept King on an island all day against the 47 year old Galloway.

Egotists (winners):

Great Arm of Butte - Dropped a couple of beauteous bombs on the Lions, a la Daenerys Targaryen bombing the Lannisters at King's Landing (Lannisters = Lions, get it?).

J. Williams - Fertile.

Lazard - Shoulda been playing over Sloth all along.

Odds and Ends - Remember when Capers D suddenly morphed into the 1985 Bears after Mr. Hyde's socks were knocked off?...Ain't a coincidence that the offense suddenly played with rhythm and sync after Sloth got his socks knocked off...The halftime act...Brantley Gilbert makes country music cool (so does Kane Brown)...The NFL's "Crucial Catch" campaign seems like a publicity stunt...If the League truly cares, it would attack the biggest injustice of Americanism: America's vicious lack of universal health care.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 06:41 PM
hahahaha I was wondering when you were gonna get around to this. I was getting ready to do it myself pretty soon.

Ists: Shepherd (congrats on spelling it right - several have not). He was bad bad bad, but not bad enough to get rid of. Mark my words, the kid will still be good.

Jones, yeah, but only a little bit. He's still a kid; He'll catch the next one like that, and believe me, there will be a next one. Fumbles, like shit, happen - just one of many reasons I prefer pass plays.

King was bad, but he is what he is. There are a helluva lot of worse #2 Corners. The kind of Pass D scheme I like is putting your best guy - Alexander for us - on the opponent's #2 without help, and putting our #2 on their #1 - WITH a lot of Safety help.

I also can't think of any other obvious "ists".

Tists: Yeah, the three you mentioned for sure.

Also, Lowery (believe it or not) - he didn't stink as bad as usual. The Smiths - as expected, but I'd include Fackrell too - performance equal to or above his ability. Alexander too - he had a nice bounce back game, and did you see that speed on the flea flicker play? I'd even add Marcedes Lewis - it seems like he has roared past Graham as the best TE - in his case too, performance equal or better than ability.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Jones had two bad plays. Did some good things later. Not worried about him. He & Williams are like..... two running backs.

RashanGary
10-15-2019, 09:12 PM
Jones had two bad plays. Did some good things later. Not worried about him. He & Williams are like..... two running backs.

Yeah... something was off with him.... he looked rattled. Shepherd too. Like Monday night just got them out of their normal mindset. He’ll figure it out.

I do like Jones explosiveness but I love Williams toughness, size and one cut ability in the outside zone. Williams is also a really cool guy too. He’s funny and you can just tell he’s such a genuine dude. Not really football related, but just saying

RashanGary
10-15-2019, 09:18 PM
[B]Lazard - Shoulda been playing over Sloth all along.

I loved his toughness and competitiveness. AR loves fiery competitors. And I do too. Deandre Hopkins has that trait. Whenever he can, he hits or roughs up whoever he can. It’s football. You can’t go in there all timid and let someone kick your ass. Gotta bring the ass kicking right to em.

So yeah, he caught the ball. That’s number one. But the toughness and fire was a huge bonus for me. Jamaal is the same way. Honestly, with Lewis’ blocking, he’s that kind of guy too. When Davante comes back, maybe Lazard and MVS on the outside, Davante slot, Lewis TE and then Williams in the backfield.... Lazard blocks. Lewis blocks. Davante does everything. MVS stretches the field. And Williams is a hammer. That’s a good, smart, physical group. MVS obviously isn’t as physical but he’s so fast and has a knack for those bombs. Stretching the field has its own indirect amplification of the other guys physicality

pbmax
10-15-2019, 09:43 PM
Still think Jones got his bell rung.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 09:48 PM
MVS chased down and tackled the guy who made the interception, and he was the just-in-case guy in the victory formation. He must have some degree of toughness.

I have to ask, was that just a joke somebody wrote the other day about Williams having a twin brother? Because Jones has a twin - that's quite a coincidence if both do.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 09:51 PM
Still think Jones got his bell rung.

That was what I thought too - on that early play where the damn head-hunting Lions made the dirty hit on him. Either he was ok or the concussion spotters missed it.

mraynrand
10-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Lazard gets egoist from me too. His aggressive play lit up the sideline. Needed that juice on offense. Rodgers asked for him - that’s pretty interesting. That had to be part losing confidence in Shepherd and part appreciation for the Lazar. He earned some more pt.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2019, 11:16 AM
hahahaha I was wondering when you were gonna get around to this. I was getting ready to do it myself pretty soon.

Ists: Shepherd (congrats on spelling it right - several have not). He was bad bad bad, but not bad enough to get rid of. Mark my words, the kid will still be good.

Jones, yeah, but only a little bit. He's still a kid; He'll catch the next one like that, and believe me, there will be a next one. Fumbles, like shit, happen - just one of many reasons I prefer pass plays.

King was bad, but he is what he is. There are a helluva lot of worse #2 Corners. The kind of Pass D scheme I like is putting your best guy - Alexander for us - on the opponent's #2 without help, and putting our #2 on their #1 - WITH a lot of Safety help.

I also can't think of any other obvious "ists".

Tists: Yeah, the three you mentioned for sure.

Also, Lowery (believe it or not) - he didn't stink as bad as usual. The Smiths - as expected, but I'd include Fackrell too - performance equal to or above his ability. Alexander too - he had a nice bounce back game, and did you see that speed on the flea flicker play? I'd even add Marcedes Lewis - it seems like he has roared past Graham as the best TE - in his case too, performance equal or better than ability.

Not sure why i keep omitting Smith and Smith in the Egotist column. Guess I'm just humble and don't wanna brag about Draft and Develop Polar Bearism annihilating a certain dynasty up there yonder in Green Bay.

Thanks Todd.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Lazard gets egoist from me too. His aggressive play lit up the sideline. Needed that juice on offense. Rodgers asked for him - that’s pretty interesting. That had to be part losing confidence in Shepherd and part appreciation for the Lazar. He earned some more pt.

Egotist. You're a professor. No excuse for fucking up the word.

bobblehead
10-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Egoists (losers):

Jones - After the fertile game in Dallas, was sterilized...Pooped out rock...Catch the fucking rock!

Shepherd - Catch the fucking rock!...Pooped out rock...Forgot to watch the Cindy Crawford flick, Fair Game, and didn't call for fair catch.

King - Got pimped by a 47 years old Joey Galloway...Pettine must think King is a shutdown corner since he kept King on an island all day against the 47 year old Galloway.

Egotists (winners):

Great Arm of Butte - Dropped a couple of beauteous bombs on the Lions, a la Daenerys Targaryen bombing the Lannisters at King's Landing (Lannisters = Lions, get it?).

J. Williams - Fertile.

Lazard - Shoulda been playing over Sloth all along.

Odds and Ends - Remember when Capers D suddenly morphed into the 1985 Bears after Mr. Hyde's socks were knocked off?...Ain't a coincidence that the offense suddenly played with rhythm and sync after Sloth got his socks knocked off...The halftime act...Brantley Gilbert makes country music cool (so does Kane Brown)...The NFL's "Crucial Catch" campaign seems like a publicity stunt...If the League truly cares, it would attack the biggest injustice of Americanism: America's vicious lack of universal health care.

Let me adjust and modify.

Dud, first half King. Stud, second half king. Stud Alexander all fucking day. Lowry lived a half yard into the lions backfield against the run. The siths* were normal...which is studly.

*copywrite granted to Rand.

bobblehead
10-16-2019, 12:54 PM
On another note I will beat my now long dead horse. Ty Montgomery would really be a nice fit with Jones/Williams and he would have caught the pass Jones dropped. This offense is made for him.

mraynrand
10-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Egotist. You're a professor. No excuse for fucking up the word.

you have it exactly wrong, unless of course you are admitting you are anti-individual and pro- selfish narcissist.

Cheesehead Craig
10-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Studs - both Smiths. That jump Preston got on his sackwas beautiful.

Duds - the halftime act. That was a giant pile of boring, awful dreck.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2019, 09:42 PM

IIRC even coming out of camp there was a presser or locker sess where Rodgers called out Lazard as someone who was doing a good job. I am 99% sure of it. Anyone want to find a link?

bobblehead
10-17-2019, 01:07 AM
Studs - both Smiths. That jump Preston got on his sackwas beautiful.

Duds - the halftime act. That was a giant pile of boring, awful dreck.

He saw the play clock hit zero and took off. The Lions did the typical snap and just after zero.

Zool
10-17-2019, 07:54 AM
IIRC even coming out of camp there was a presser or locker sess where Rodgers called out Lazard as someone who was doing a good job. I am 99% sure of it. Anyone want to find a link?

Wasn't he part of cutdowns?

pbmax
10-17-2019, 09:05 AM
Wasn't he part of cutdowns?

He gave him a preseason shout out, but yes, Lazarus was cut then resigned after the Week 1 roster reshuffling with IR.

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 10:00 AM
He gave him a preseason shout out, but yes, Lazarus was cut then resigned after the Week 1 roster reshuffling with IR.

Perhaps he too has an Aaron Rodger's-sized chip on his shoulder. Well, Rodgers literally has a metal chip on his shoulder; LazaЯus maybe just has a figurative one - hopefully it inspires him...

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2019, 11:24 AM
EITHER Crosby is a major stud for being so confident of his game winning kick that he told Brandon Burks in advance to come over and help him with his Leap, or else Burks is a moderate stud for knowing Crosby well enough to anticipate he would need a boost and getting there in a timely way to give it to him.

BTW, APB, I have to kind of go with Rand on this -tist v -ist thing. Egoists are just poor schmucks minding their own business with very normal motivation of self interest. Egotists are conceited bastards - braggarts. Thus, -ist is more studly by a small margin than -tist.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2019, 01:28 PM
BTW, APB, I have to kind of go with Rand on this -tist v -ist thing. Egoists are just poor schmucks minding their own business with very normal motivation of self interest. Egotists are conceited bastards - braggarts. Thus, -ist is more studly by a small margin than -tist.

Try to look at the picture in a different light:

Say, an egoist is sitting on a long bench on a bridge above a river, eating his lunch and whatnot. Along come a fair woman and her infant son. Woman sits down next to the egoist and starts breastfeeding her offspring. Egoists doesn't blink an eye, for, breastfeeding is a natural phenomenon in his fishy society, and besides, the woman is not exactly hot.

Along comes a prophet. Prophet sits down and says, "See that kid yonder? Don't worry, mother ain't fluent in English - speaks German. Providence has given you two choices: A) You could concede the woman to her peaceful breastfeeding session. After she finishes feeding her child, they will wander off. You will never smell 'em again in this fishy universe. When the child is all grown up, he will grow a fishy mustache...and he will fuck up this fishy planet. Consequently, you will accumulate a greed-fucked load of frogskins via war profits.

"Or, B) You could strike the kid away from his mother's breast, and drown the kid in the river under this fishy bridge. Society will hang you. But, with the kid dead, billions of innocent humans will survive to dance under the fishy sun, even though none of 'em will know a fuck about your great sacrifice. Kid's name is Hitler."

Not surprising, the egoist chooses option A. What a loser.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 01:38 PM

Say, an egoist is sitting on a long bench on a bridge above a river, eating his lunch and whatnot. Along come a fair woman and her infant son. Woman sits down next to the egoist and starts breastfeeding her offspring. Egoists doesn't blink an eye, for, breastfeeding is a natural phenomenon in his fishy society, and besides, the woman is not exactly hot.

Along comes a prophet. Prophet sits down and says, "See that kid yonder? Don't worry, mother ain't fluent in English - speaks German. Providence has given you two choices: A) You could concede the woman to her peaceful breastfeeding session. After she finishes feeding her child, they will wander off. You will never smell 'em again in this fishy universe. When the child is all grown up, he will grow a fishy mustache...and he will fuck up this fishy planet. Consequently, you will accumulate a greed-fucked load of frogskins via war profits.

"Or, B) You could strike the kid away from his mother's breast, and drown the kid in the river under this fishy bridge. Society will hang you. But, with the kid dead, billions of innocent humans will survive to dance under the fishy sun, even though none of 'em will know a fuck about your great sacrifice. Kid's name is Hitler."

Worst moral philosophy exam question ever.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Worst moral philosophy exam question ever.

Perhaps this thread would be less confusing if I entitled it, "Altruists & Egoists." :)

CaptainKickass
10-17-2019, 02:02 PM
I was very happy to see the Lounge Lazard perform well. But I can't help but feel that y'all are overlooking.....

THE LUXURY AUTOMOBILE!!!!

https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_400,ar_16:9/8ea5bf44d4d26bf1fa2b828ce4f57a1d.jpg

^^for the slow folks in the back, this means #89 Marcedes Lewis

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2019, 06:46 PM

You're at least good for a hearty laugh.

My first thought as I read was that not blinking an eye or taking a nice long look runs contrary to self interest - which is the hallmark of being an egoist. My second thought was that being a casualty of war would have been more likely than getting rich on war profits. My third thought was that you didn't even say which option your egotist would choose in the same situation. The definition of the word says nothing about interventionist personal behavior, just being a conceited bastard. Your -tist would probably do the same nothing as your -ist, but he'd go through life bragging about how he met baby Hitler and his half-naked mother.

Tell me again how either of these apply to making good football plays or the lack of it hahahahahahaha.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Tex, is how is Brandon Burks?

Do you mean Hunter Bradley?

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2019, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it was #42 Burks, but it's possible it was #43 Bradley. I guess the latter would make more sense.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2019, 12:11 AM
Edited for grammar. Not “surprisingly” (stopped trying to memorize spellings after spell-check was created). I might be an egotist. Like to reread my ole posts and laugh at my ole jokes.

Say, an egoist is sitting on a long bench on a bridge above a river, eating his lunch and whatnot. Along come a fair woman and her infant son. Woman sits down next to the egoist and starts breastfeeding her offspring. Egoist doesn't blink an eye, for, breastfeeding is a natural phenomenon in his fishy society, and besides, the woman is not exactly hot.

Not surprisingly, the egoist chooses option A. What a loser.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2019, 12:12 AM
You're at least good for a hearty laugh.

My first thought as I read was that not blinking an eye or taking a nice long look runs contrary to self interest - which is the hallmark of being an egoist. My second thought was that being a casualty of war would have been more likely than getting rich on war profits. My third thought was that you didn't even say which option your egotist would choose in the same situation. The definition of the word says nothing about interventionist personal behavior, just being a conceited bastard. Your -tist would probably do the same nothing as your -ist, but he'd go through life bragging about how he met baby Hitler and his half-naked mother.

Tell me again how either of these apply to making good football plays or the lack of it hahahahahahaha.

Will hit ya up later. :)

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2019, 12:54 AM
An -ist would just quietly shut down Darren Charles, and then shut up about it. A -tist would spend his life bragging about it.

"I might be an egotist." - APB. Ya think? :-)

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2019, 02:59 AM
An -ist would just quietly shut down Darren Charles, and then shut up about it. A -tist would spend his life bragging about it.

"I might be an egotist." - APB. Ya think? :-)

Lol