PDA

View Full Version : Why Do The Bears Still Suck?

Joemailman
10-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Why Do The Bears Still Suck?

Poll To Follow

Joemailman
10-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Nagy Sucks.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 07:09 PM
That last option is going to get some votes I'd guess.

Its the QB. There is nothing preventing the passing game from working better except short throw after short throw. Defense is fine, RB are fine, special teams are fine. His processing time is slow.

Nagy, somehow, did not give Chicago a collective yip regarding 40 yard FGs and they got that decision right after (to me) inexplicably letting Gould go. The defense is playing well even with a coordinator change though they have yet to adapt to life with Hicks.

Nagy's worst gaffe is forgetting his running game. But I suspect he is working overtime trying to get Trubinsky to function. Its the QB affecting the coach.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Way to go tex, stick the knife in a little farther!

pbmax
10-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Prosecution for Trubisky, Exhibit A

https://twitter.com/SethGalina/status/1186418669280215040

He either foolishly wants to go deep or he thought there was a flat route to that side.

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2019, 07:17 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Trubisky ain't all that bad. Of course, he ain't Aaron Rodgers - nobody is. And his career isn't off to near the start of Mahomes or Watson. However, it take a few years in a lot of cases for a QB to develop. I'd be very surprised if he didn't develop to be at least as good as Stafford and way better than Cousins in the few years. They're damn dumb if they give up on him.

I haven't seen any evidence that Nagy is stupid, although I wouldn't rule it out. I went with the Bears still suck just because they are the Bears, and that's what the Bears do - for the last 20 or so years anyway.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 07:20 PM
I'd watch that clip in the link above your post tex. He's not processing plays well.

To be fair, he has missed a couple of weeks, so there is some rust. But woof that was bad.

Freak Out
10-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Free the dragon!

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Way to go tex, stick the knife in a little farther!

Your post came in while I was typing. What do you mean?

That link is one bad play and the words of some media puke.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 07:53 PM
Your post came in while I was typing. What do you mean?

That link is one bad play and the words of some media puke.

I was cheering your stab at the Bears org.

But the link shows more than one problem, he doesn't process plays very well. He's not quick to move to another receiver. And in that play, he doesn't seem to know who it is.

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2019, 08:01 PM
hahahahaha I forgot that it shows who voted for what. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks it's just the whole long tradition of badness.

In fairness, they have had some bad luck with injuries too. This year, overall stupidity hasn't quite taken hold yet. The suckage should increase as those draft picks that they don't have bite them in the ass. Ol' Papa Bear Halas used to gain picks instead of giving them away - like getting Butkis and Sayers back to back early in the first round.

mraynrand
10-21-2019, 09:42 PM
The number one job in today’s NFL for a GM is to get the QB position right. The most amusing thing in the NFL is watching the Bears draft QBs. Sure the Bears could have a bit better O line or run the ball better or have some depth on the D line. Maybe they’d have all that if they hadnt traded picks for Mack. But it doesn’t matter. The Bears players know their QB cannot throw downfield, cannot lead them, so they lose hope. And then they lose.

Bossman641
10-21-2019, 09:44 PM
Nagy abandons the run but Trubisky is trash. Can't read defenses, he's in year 3 and they still treat him with kid gloves.

Fritz
10-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Nagy abandons the run but Trubisky is trash. Can't read defenses, he's in year 3 and they still treat him with kid gloves.

A succinct and accurate analysis.

Joemailman
10-22-2019, 09:22 AM
I guess the GM who drafted Trubisky over Mahomes and DeShaun Watson should have been an option in the poll.

Trubisky: 588-924, 6255 yards, 36 TD, 21 INT 690 yards rushing

Mahomes: 562-856, 7561 yards, 65 TD, 14 INT 364 yards rushing

Watson: 634-944, 7816 yards, 58 TD, 22 INT 1016 yards rushing

run pMc
10-22-2019, 01:17 PM
Trubisky is so inconsistent -- he can have good days and terrible days. I recall Stafford playing like that too, and changes in OC's gave results that either buoyed or sunk his performance. I'd rank Stafford above Trubisky though. By the middle of Year 3 (or in the 28-35 games played range) they should know what they have in a QB, and while I think Trubisky has talent and tools to work with, time is almost up on him becoming an elite franchise QB.

Nagy ignoring the running game is puzzling to me, especially since they traded a decent one (Jordan Howard), drafted a new one (Montgomery) who wore down Big12 defenses, and they still have Tarik Cohen for gadgets. With that defense they could be grinding out wins by running the ball and using some trickery and play action. They played a last-place schedule last year, forced an unusual amount of turnovers, and had reasonably good injury luck...it's not a shock that they are reverting to the mean somewhat and struggling for it.

mraynrand
10-22-2019, 01:31 PM
They ran Cohen for 1,0,3, and 2. Then he got 9 yards, and they passed 13 straight times, then the half (down only 12-10), a Montgomery fumble to open the second half, then 3 pass attempts (3 and out), before a 2 yard end around to Patterson, then 29 more passes after the game was over.

Fritz
10-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Nagy = Mike McCarthy 2.0.

pbmax
10-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Packers are currently trying to prove this wrong (so is Belicheat who is calling his own defense this year) but coaches who are calling the game on one side or the other are just not paying attention to other important factors.

Joemailman
10-27-2019, 02:59 PM
Of course! The kicker sucks!

Another game where the Bears sucked in the red zone.

mraynrand
10-27-2019, 03:27 PM
At least this time the game losing kick did not hit off the upright. Baby steps, baby steps.....

Joemailman
10-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Nagy was the OC in KC for 2 years before the Bears hired him. Gotta start wondering if maybe he got too much credit for the offensive success they had there. Bears have now scored less than 20 points in 7 of their last 12 games.

mraynrand
10-27-2019, 03:43 PM
It’s the personnel mostly. Mostly.

QBME
10-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Nagy was the OC in KC for 2 years before the Bears hired him. Gotta start wondering if maybe he got too much credit for the offensive success they had there. Bears have now scored less than 20 points in 7 of their last 12 games.

Peter Principle?

See also...Mike Sherman.

red
10-27-2019, 05:43 PM
there should be an "all of the above" option

their coach seems like a grade A douchebag moron

trubiski sucks, and always has. almost everyone on the planet knew that THAT pick was terrible at the time. what makes it so much better is the bears gave up 2-3rds and a 4th to move up one spot to get that POS

but then it all comes back to it being the bears, and they always seem to get coaches that can't coach the offense, and they can never draft QBs and any offensive talent for that matter

Freak Out
10-27-2019, 05:47 PM
there should be an "all of the above" option

their coach seems like a grade A douchebag moron

trubiski sucks, and always has. almost everyone on the planet knew that THAT pick was terrible at the time. what makes it so much better is the bears gave up 2-3rds and a 4th to move up one spot to get that POS

but then it all comes back to it being the bears, and they always seem to get coaches that can't coach the offense, and they can never draft QBs and any offensive talent for that matter

Look at the guys whats his fuck passed on to get him. It's like Taking Bulk and not Barry.

red
10-27-2019, 05:57 PM
Look at the guys whats his fuck passed on to get him. It's like Taking Bulk and not Barry.

i wasn't big on mahomes in that draft (thought he came from a system that made things too easy for him, i was way wrong)

but i watched alot of deshaun watson and knew the kid was a damn good QB and leader. his only sin was QBing while black.

bears would have been better off staying at 3, and if this phantom team that wanted turbo at #2 actually existed, let them take the dud, then take one of the other 2 QBs. do that and they are a playoff team for years to come

but they are the bears

pbmax
10-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Its the Bears, so, I think Nagy and Pace should get a least 4 more years to work on the plan.

theeaterofshades
10-28-2019, 09:13 AM
Because the Ghost of Vince is smiting them