PDA

View Full Version : Trade Speculation, Reversed

Fritz
10-22-2019, 11:24 AM
A few Rats have complained, rightfully so I think, about these speculative articles that pass for journalism in which a writer says something like, "Hey, Team A sucks, so they must be rebuilding and they have this fairly young tight end/receiver/running back, and Team B, who is contending, needs said tight end/receiver/running back, so Team A should trade said player to Team B."

But let's play that in reverse. Are there any (serviceable) Packer players whom the Packers could trade for either a pick or a more useful player?

The one I think might fit this bill is Josh Jackson. He seems a misfit in this system, and might benefit by being with a team that played more zone. Or a team that would try him at safety.

He was a second-round pick last year. Does another team have a similarly mis-cast almost-bust at a position of need for the Packers?

Or are there other Packers who could be reasonably dealt for someone of value?

And please, not "Hey, the Packers could trade Cole Madison for Josh Jacobs!"

run pMc
10-22-2019, 12:48 PM
I think they like their guys and will keep them. Being 6-1 makes a big difference...if they were 3-4 I think they'd be more active.

Josh Jackson
Cole Madison
Lane Taylor (if the other team was looking to next season)
Marcedes Lewis
Kyler Fackrell
Geronimo Allison

Most of these would be for backup players of similar talent -- I struggle to envision them trading players or picks for a Jalen Ramsey type player.

Fritz
10-22-2019, 06:00 PM
Trade Josh Jackson for a nose tackle who can be active, or a tight end who can help, or a wide receiver who is faster than Lazard/Sheppard/Allison/Kumerow.

pbmax
10-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Teams would open the vault to acquire a QB, tackle, pass rush or CB.

Unless they start to blowout teams, I don't think any of this is happening. Jackson isn't going to get you much. You aren't getting a second or a near starter for a guy who can't crack the lineup.

Bretsky
10-22-2019, 08:46 PM
Too late for the Baconator, AK to Bretsky as the InvisibleEdge ???????????