PDA

View Full Version : Egotists & Egoists - Raiders

Anti-Polar Bear
10-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Egoists (losers):

Blake and Billy Joe: For this game, Pettine educed the 'Triangle 69' defense...The T69 is simply a 4 men rush, Cover2-Cover3 hybrid...93 and 50 were both hideous in zone coverage; no fucking clue how to zone up TEs.

Run D: Jacobs rushed for 300 yards, or something in that fashion...Jacobs was on some genius' 'My Mastery Mockery' of a Draft, as was touchdown catching TE Foster Moreau.

Shepherd: Raiders were so pompous, they kicked to Shepherd every fucking time...Dude ain't Will Blackmon, for sure...How 'bout putting J-Alex back there?

Rand and TunderDan and Mailman: If y'all gonna crow about being at the 'mecca' of publicly-funded NFL stadiums, how 'bout growing some balls and post a fucking selfie?

Egotists (winners):

Great Arm of Butte: Threw a perfect game, although Disney's Total Quarterback Rating calculated the performance at 'only' 95.3.

Jimmy G: Heather Graham's lil bro ain't so washed up after all, eh? Best YAC consummation by a TE since J-Mike in the Ninners game that saw ole Claymaker mock Kap for not being Lil Russell...(Of course, Kap ain't Lil Russell...For starter, Kap owns the Pack...All Lil Russell does against Pack is throw picks to players donning the Green and Gold.)

Odds and Ends: Check out the MVS awesome catch and run-6...Jones' block was textbook...And watch the Lizard run...Not deer-legged sloth stiff at all...Josh Jones and the Packers oughtta all swallow their egos and hook up again...Jones, for all his flaws, matches up better against TEs than Blake and Billy Joe.

Joemailman
10-22-2019, 02:23 PM
The Good:

Aaron Jones - Running game was nothing special, but 2 great catches, 1 for a TD. And that block sprung MVS for the TD.

MVS - Guy played hurt and was limited to 20 snaps. But 2 huge plays, one to set up a TD, and one was a TD. First one would have been a TD with a better throw by GAOB.

Offensive line - GAOB was pressured 5 times all day.

The Bad:

Will Redmond: He's giving me M.D. Jennings flashbacks.

Smith, Smith & Gary: Played like Derek Carr has a contagious disease.

texaspackerbacker
10-22-2019, 03:20 PM
It's about time, APB! A day later, and you'd get an 'ist.

I don't want Alexander back there receiving punts and getting hurt. Shepherd is damn near a 'tist just for having the good sense to fair catch it and get the offense on the field.

I'm thinking you made up those details about Pettine's defensive scheme, but I too would call him an 'ist because of the overall sorryness of the D and the poor adjustment when things started going wrong. Early in that game I had sort of the same bad feeling I had in the Wisconsin game - that the coaching staff was avoiding putting their best D on the field for some odd reason before a bigger game.

I can't really think of any individual 'ists among regulars. Goodson (his name is Billy Joe?) and Redmond both had good plays and bad ones. Martinez had something like 16 tackles, often compensating for mistakes of others. Amos too was less good than usual, but hardly an 'ist. King was actually better than usual, but barely above 'ist level. I said no regulars. Josh Jackson, though, continues to careen toward busthood. I can't understand why he can't cover shit as a pro when he was damn near shutdown in college.

On the 'tist side, of course Rodgers, also to Valdez-Scantling, Kumerow, Lazard, and yes, Allison. Jimmy Graham gets a 'tist, but only because he has lowered expectations so much due to earlier crappiness.

Personally, I'll give a 'tist to my wife, who SAW A. Jones's block on the MVS pass/run and had me back up the DVR to where I saw it too. (she's a keeper for football too - not just tennis and the glorious etc.). Josh Jones hasn't signed with anybody huh? Yeah, I too would consider what you said. It seems, though, being that far out of position in middle pass coverage may be more a mental thing than physical, and what I recall of J. Jones was that mental wasn't his strong suit. I would also give a guarded 'tist to most or all of the O Line for pass blocking which (like with Graham) seemed great but mainly due to low expectations brought on by a history of crap.

Fritz
10-22-2019, 05:58 PM
The Good:

Aaron Jones - Running game was nothing special, but 2 great catches, 1 for a TD. And that block sprung MVS for the TD.

MVS - Guy played hurt and was limited to 20 snaps. But 2 huge plays, one to set up a TD, and one was a TD. First one would have been a TD with a better throw by GAOB.

Offensive line - GAOB was pressured 5 times all day.

The Bad:

Will Redmond: He's giving me M.D. Jennings flashbacks.

Smith, Smith & Gary: Played like Derek Carr has a contagious disease.

I don't know what to make of this game. It reminds me a bit of the Denver game. Yeah, the Packers won, but no one seems too impressed, especially with the defense.

And the defense is making me nervous now. This "bend-but-don't-break" shit sounds too much like a Dom Capers thing. Ugh. And I think the mistake that is Rashan Gary will begin to hurt the team more and more as the season goes on. I think Fackrell had more snaps than Gary, and if this continues in KC, then I would argue that this is evidence that Gary is not developing as they thought he would; ie, it's just like it was at Michigan!

I am also concerned that Kenny Clark's diminishing effectiveness is a result of him playing hurt. That dude needs some help - I think Aussie PackerBacker is right on that score. A really good Packer defense needs an active Kenny Clark, and right now he's about as active as an eighty-year-old penis.

I think the defense is missing Savage, too. That guy is a way, way better pick than Gary. I am hoping that Ibrahim Campbell can help out as the season goes on.

Joemailman
10-22-2019, 06:36 PM
I don't know what to make of this game. It reminds me a bit of the Denver game. Yeah, the Packers won, but no one seems too impressed, especially with the defense.

And the defense is making me nervous now. This "bend-but-don't-break" shit sounds too much like a Dom Capers thing. Ugh. And I think the mistake that is Rashan Gary will begin to hurt the team more and more as the season goes on. I think Fackrell had more snaps than Gary, and if this continues in KC, then I would argue that this is evidence that Gary is not developing as they thought he would; ie, it's just like it was at Michigan!

I am also concerned that Kenny Clark's diminishing effectiveness is a result of him playing hurt. That dude needs some help - I think Aussie PackerBacker is right on that score. A really good Packer defense needs an active Kenny Clark, and right now he's about as active as an eighty-year-old penis.

I think the defense is missing Savage, too. That guy is a way, way better pick than Gary. I am hoping that Ibrahim Campbell can help out as the season goes on.

I think the key is getting Savage back. Before Savage went out, they lost Raven Greene. Green would have been the guy to replace Savage. So they're down to a 3rd string guy (Redmond) at one Safety position.

mraynrand
10-22-2019, 11:50 PM

And the defense is making me nervous now. This "bend-but-don't-break" shit sounds too much like a Dom Capers thing. Ugh. And I think the mistake that is Rashan Gary will begin to hurt the team more and more as the season goes on. I think Fackrell had more snaps than Gary, and if this continues in KC, then I would argue that this is evidence that Gary is not developing as they thought he would; ie, it's just like it was at Michigan!.

I think the Raiders found a way to neutralize Gary just like they did to Khalil Mack. Mack had 3 tackles and one QB hit in 61 snaps and Gary had 2 tackles and 0 QB hits in 18 snaps.

RashanGary
10-23-2019, 05:46 AM
Raiders neutralize every pass rusher.

bobblehead
10-23-2019, 11:16 AM
Odds and Ends: Josh Jones and the Packers oughtta all swallow their egos and hook up again...Jones, for all his flaws, matches up better against TEs than Blake and Billy Joe.

I said that right after Raven Greene went down with an injury. Call him with a clear message. We aren't kissing your ass, we are giving you a chance to resurrect the career you harry carried. You're giving us a stop gap and one good season.

Bossman641
10-24-2019, 06:34 AM
Shepherd is terrible. He has zero feel on punts and is fair catching everything with defenders 10 yards away. On KR's he's about as explosive as my grandma. You know it's bad when opposing teams are daring you to reach the 20.

Zool
10-24-2019, 08:20 AM
I said that right after Raven Greene went down with an injury. Call him with a clear message. We aren't kissing your ass, we are giving you a chance to resurrect the career you harry carried. You're giving us a stop gap and one good season.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bZ1PYZmCfCSMAWUwrXKWyw6qDkA=/0x326:2234x3415/920x613/filters:focal(894x812:1250x1168):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58705443/236472.jpg.0.jpg

KYPack
10-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Tank posts...
"For this game, Pettine educed the 'Triangle 69' defense...The T69 is simply a 4 men rush, Cover2-Cover3 hybrid...93 and 50 were both hideous in zone coverage; no fucking clue how to zone up TEs."

This is a total lie and all bullshit.
They played a 3-4, cover 1, cover 1 robber.

Cover2-Cover3 hybrid?
Once again all bullshit.

Pettine never plays a bracket coverage.

Tank you are an insane liar.

There is no such thing as a Triangle 69 defense.

mraynrand
10-24-2019, 09:05 PM

KY, what is cover 1 robber?

pbmax
10-25-2019, 10:05 AM
KY, what is cover 1 robber?

Single high safety where the other safety watches the QB or route combos to jump into routes.

Like a rover but with many rules I am unaware of.

Fritz
10-25-2019, 11:51 AM
This is why I love KYPack. In one post, he unravels miles and miles of Tank's bullshit.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Single high safety where the other safety watches the QB or route combos to jump into routes.

Like a rover but with many rules I am unaware of.

I am confident Rand has played Madden before. Therefore, he's familiar with the Cover 1 Robber. I think the answer Rand was seeking is this:

During mankind's oldest trade, the contemporary woman often seek to utilize the Cover 1 'rubber' herself. Gotta be sure the defense ain't tampered with holes. Gotta protect herself from the various maladies of biology, and from man's biological urge to procreate.

Based on my infrequent experiences sharing a portion of my humble wealth with women, I gotta say the defense is virtually impregnable.

mraynrand
10-25-2019, 12:28 PM
I am confident Rand has played Madden before.

I've never played it

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Tank posts...
"For this game, Pettine educed the 'Triangle 69' defense...The T69 is simply a 4 men rush, Cover2-Cover3 hybrid...93 and 50 were both hideous in zone coverage; no fucking clue how to zone up TEs."

This is a total lie and all bullshit.

Cover2-Cover3 hybrid?
Once again all bullshit.

Pettine never plays a bracket coverage.

Tank you are an insane liar.

There is no such thing as a Triangle 69 defense.

Waller did most of his damages against zone. Blake and Billy Joe were exploited often as both suck in coverage.

Cover 1 is mano-a-mano everywhere other the 'free', who is playing deep center field. The Robber is similar, except that the 'strong' is in zone. Like i said, Waller pounded the zones. When the free is playing centerfield in zone, that's most likely Cover3.

Source: The QB School by JT O'Sullivan, former Pack backup QB.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 12:38 PM
I've never played it

You've probably seen your millennial son play it.

mraynrand
10-25-2019, 12:40 PM
You've probably seen your millennial son play it.

strike two

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 12:48 PM
strike two

Surely you must've played Tecmo Bowl.

mraynrand
10-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Surely you must've played Tecmo Bowl.

STRIKE THREE! HE'S OUT!!

mraynrand
10-25-2019, 12:55 PM
I did play this one in middle school:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Cgc4wv3YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 12:55 PM
It's about time, APB! A day later, and you'd get an 'ist.

I don't want Alexander back there receiving punts and getting hurt. Shepherd is damn near a 'tist just for having the good sense to fair catch it and get the offense on the field.

I'm thinking you made up those details about Pettine's defensive scheme, but I too would call him an 'ist because of the overall sorryness of the D and the poor adjustment when things started going wrong. Early in that game I had sort of the same bad feeling I had in the Wisconsin game - that the coaching staff was avoiding putting their best D on the field for some odd reason before a bigger game.

I can't really think of any individual 'ists among regulars. Goodson (his name is Billy Joe?) and Redmond both had good plays and bad ones. Martinez had something like 16 tackles, often compensating for mistakes of others. Amos too was less good than usual, but hardly an 'ist. King was actually better than usual, but barely above 'ist level. I said no regulars. Josh Jackson, though, continues to careen toward busthood. I can't understand why he can't cover shit as a pro when he was damn near shutdown in college.

On the 'tist side, of course Rodgers, also to Valdez-Scantling, Kumerow, Lazard, and yes, Allison. Jimmy Graham gets a 'tist, but only because he has lowered expectations so much due to earlier crappiness.

Personally, I'll give a 'tist to my wife, who SAW A. Jones's block on the MVS pass/run and had me back up the DVR to where I saw it too. (she's a keeper for football too - not just tennis and the glorious etc.). Josh Jones hasn't signed with anybody huh? Yeah, I too would consider what you said. It seems, though, being that far out of position in middle pass coverage may be more a mental thing than physical, and what I recall of J. Jones was that mental wasn't his strong suit. I would also give a guarded 'tist to most or all of the O Line for pass blocking which (like with Graham) seemed great but mainly due to low expectations brought on by a history of crap.

Best reply in this thread.

As bossman said, Shepherd ain't nothing special as a returner. Neon Deion used to return punts and kicks all the time. And Neon was the Tom Brady of Corners: playing GOAT.

Playing scared is not something Belichick preaches. Gotta put J-Alex back there!

mraynrand
10-25-2019, 12:58 PM
And something like this in grade school (PS - you can run a play in "slo-mo" by tapping on the metal instead of turning the switch)

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg0.etsystatic.com%2F041%2F0%2F6 625866%2Fil_570xN.539939672_ew2j.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2019, 01:07 PM
And something like this in grade school (PS - you can run a play in "slo-mo" by tapping on the metal instead of turning the switch)

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg0.etsystatic.com%2F041%2F0%2F6 625866%2Fil_570xN.539939672_ew2j.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

As a Millennial, I'm not familiar with your 1 D games, but i did excel at Pigskin Geography in the 5th grade.

Cheesehead Craig
10-25-2019, 01:38 PM

I still have one of these!

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2019, 01:49 PM

I actually had one of those - even older looking than the one in the picture.

SudsMcBucky
10-25-2019, 01:52 PM

I was unstoppable on that game. Scored a TD every single time.

KYPack
10-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Hey Rand, I'm real tardy in anwering your question. But PB did my work for me by ably explaining a robber concept in a cover one. You are to be recommended for striking out Tanky on 3 pitches regarding his football expertise, which is nil.

At last Tank has admitted that the only thing he knows about football he has learned from JT O'Sullivan's You Tube video's

What does JT say about this little gem you posted at the start of this thread?
"The T69 is simply a 4 men rush, Cover2-Cover3 hybrid...93 and 50 were both hideous in zone coverage; no fucking clue how to zone up TEs."

I'll save you some keystrokes. JT has no video's covering that subject. Why? Because there are none. Those words are just some bullshit you made up in a weak attempt to demonstrate your football expertise.

You also uncovered Tank's football playing history. It was on those vibrating football games or on Madden. He never laced up cleats and stepped on a field. If he did he would be ashamed of his teams efforts in a game in which it was blown off the field 33-0. There are no "shutdown corners" for a team that was blown out like that.

mraynrand
10-26-2019, 11:06 AM
lol. The KY demolition crew has finished its work in this thread....

Anti-Polar Bear
10-26-2019, 01:24 PM
Say, the year is 2007. Revis Island holds Moss to 1 catch for 19 yards, but the Jets lose 33-0 to the mighty Pats. Fuck yeah, the Island shutdown Moss.

The Kentucky has his games confused.

Pack played mostly - but not exclusively - the Pistol Force 69, or Cover1 against....Dallas.

Against Oakland, it was mostly the Triangle 69, or Cover2-Cover3 hybrid. Take away his mano-a-mano garbage time TD vs actor Josh Jackson, and Waller Wu-Tanged mostly against zones.

Pbmax and JustinHarrell agreed with this post.

RashanGary
10-26-2019, 01:30 PM
As a 38 year old, this was my football video game when I was a kid. Bo Jackson. Techmo BEAST!!

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Tecmo-Bo.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
10-26-2019, 01:47 PM
As a 38 year old, this was my football video game when I was a kid. Bo Jackson. Techmo BEAST!!

I loved how a QB could drop back from MIDFIELD into his own endzone and complete 100 yards TD bombs.

KYPack
10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Tank you are nuts and full of shit.

"Pack played mostly - but not exclusively - the Pistol Force 69, or Cover1 against....Dallas."

There is NO defense called pistol force 69. That's just horseshit you made up.

pbmax
10-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Say, the year is 2007. Revis Island holds Moss to 1 catch for 19 yards, but the Jets lose 33-0 to the mighty Pats. Fuck yeah, the Island shutdown Moss.

The Kentucky has his games confused.

Pack played mostly - but not exclusively - the Pistol Force 69, or Cover1 against....Dallas.

Against Oakland, it was mostly the Triangle 69, or Cover2-Cover3 hybrid. Take away his mano-a-mano garbage time TD vs actor Josh Jackson, and Waller Wu-Tanged mostly against zones.

Pbmax and JustinHarrell agreed with this post.

Only you and Gronk would name a defense Triangle 69.

pbmax
10-27-2019, 02:39 PM
https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Coleco/Coleco-H2HFootballBox2.jpg

Coleco Head 2 Head. They gave the offense two blockers, when the blocker occupied the same space as the defender, they both disappeared. Even in fast or advanced mode, you could always disappear 2 defenders then run down the sideline for a TD if you could click fast enough.

Quarter or halves were short, six minutes maybe? If you played both sides as this kind of player, you could end the game 126 to 126 I think. TDs were six points if I remember correctly. If there were XPs, I didn't bother. Every play could be an 80 yard TD.

mraynrand
10-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Only you and Gronk would name a defense Triangle 69.

I’d bet dimes to dollars he was giggling like a schoolgirl while posting that. Trolling makes him happy.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2019, 10:41 AM
happy.

Happiness? The Packers are winning and Coldplay will release another awesome album in November. Yet, i ain't a gay man, in the British definition of the word. Flipping burgers for the minimum-wage.

The last time I was truely happy, albiet briefly, I was in my second year of institutionalization. Met a fair maiden who was in the Army reserve. Things were promising at first, but I eventually developed an unhealthy obsession for her. She dumped me. Soon thereafter, she was shipped off to Iraq. And in war, she found love.

As the songs say, I was willing to wait for her. She was my inspiration in majoring in English, with lyricist aspirations. However, with her gone, my head was fucked. Switched major to goddamn Economics, and developed a little porn addiction along the way.

Happiness is just a hormone inside the head. But I've been missing that shit for so long, I was even miserable after SB 45. So fuck you for thinking that I'm happy. :x

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 10:46 AM
That was beautiful, needs to be a Lifetime movie.