PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out for the Offensive coaching staff

Sparkey
10-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Just wanted to throw out some props for the Packers offensive coaching staff. I believe there was a lot of hand wringing and concern about a lack of experience for some staff members. Especially the O Line coaches.

I think thru 7 games, they have shown the ability to communicate with the players and the ability to teach. I look forward to the team showing more growth as a unit as the season progresses.

Head Coach
Matt LaFleur

Offensive Coordinator
Nathaniel Hackett

Quarterbacks Coach
Luke Getsy

Tight Ends Coach
Justin Outten

Running Backs Coach
Ben Sirmans

Offensive Line Coach
Adam Stenavich

Wide Receivers Coach
Alvis Whitted

Assistant Offensive Line Coach
Luke Butkus

Offensive Assistant
Jason Vrable

Offensive Quality Control Coach
Kevin Koger

RashanGary
10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
I was tentative to buy in. I’m in for now. They gotta keep doing it tho! No rest for the ambitious!

mraynrand
10-24-2019, 03:50 PM
Butkus?

"Luke Butkus enters his ninth season coaching in the NFL and his first with the Packers. Named assistant offensive line coach on Feb. 7, 2019, by Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Butkus enters his 15th season coaching in either Division I college football or the NFL. He joins the Packers after serving as the offensive line coach for the University of Illinois for the past three seasons (2016-18)"

Nephew of Dick Butkus. Did not realize he was on the coaching staff.

pbmax
10-25-2019, 10:01 AM
Offensive line coaches still have some work to do. But mostly agree with OP.

Best sign has been adjustments to scheme based on personnel and results.

RashanGary
10-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Best sign has been adjustments to scheme based on personnel and results.

That and how everyone is so bought and motivated. The all 11 is pushing the right buttons right now. I think Lafleur and Hackett are a good combo. Lafleur is mono toned, direct and logical. Hackett is emotional, warm and engaging. Both young. Together, I think they relate really well to most players.