PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker news - (if you care)

Pack0514
09-11-2006, 09:56 AM
From Denver Post:

Javon Walker's Broncos debut will be remembered more for the balls he didn't catch than the ones he did.

Walker's welcome-to-the-Broncos moment occurred with 9 minutes left in the third quarter, when he dropped what was perhaps Jake Plummer's best pass of the day, a perfectly lofted ball that two Rams defenders overran.

"I just dropped it," Walker said.

Then, lo and behold, it happened again on the next play, this one a dart that Plummer put on Walker's numbers after he flashed across the middle of the field.

"I just dropped it," Walker said again.

Wait, the news gets worse. Walker, who finished with three catches for 41 yards, sustained a slightly dislocated finger on the second drop......

From KFFL.com

Broncos | Walker injury update
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:18:07 -0700

ESPN.com reports Denver Broncos WR Javon Walker (leg) left the game Week 1, with an apparent leg injury, and his status for Week 2 is uncertain.

prsnfoto
09-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer jackass hope he rots and fades away.

retailguy
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
"if you care"

We don't care.... :wink: :sad:

Pack0514
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
"if you care"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d9/Movies_ace_ventura_all_rightie_then.jpg/250px-Movies_ace_ventura_all_rightie_then.jpg

In the words of Ace.....

"Aaaaaalrighty Then"

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I care, and I make no bones about it. I'm rooting against him.

lod01
09-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Well...GLAD TO HEAR IT. Nice drop Walker. Oh yeah, what is your record?

ZERO-1

CaliforniaCheez
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
One catch for 11 yards.

Look he was mostly a back up in Green Bay starting only 18 games in 4 years. Thompson got a good deal for him.

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
"if you care"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d9/Movies_ace_ventura_all_rightie_then.jpg/250px-Movies_ace_ventura_all_rightie_then.jpg

In the words of Ace.....

"Aaaaaalrighty Then"

A BIG CANADIAN DITTO.

Aaaallll Riiiiggghhhhteeee then !!

Ya got's da have da accent Ehh ! :mrgreen:

Guiness
09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
that performance actually surprises me - I didn't know how successful he'd be, but I didn't think holding onto the ball would be his problem. He seemed to shake that the last season the played here.

You could blame it on 'first game back' rust, but you'd think the preseason would've shaken that off. Mebbe he needs more lasik surgery :idea:

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2006, 04:15 PM
One catch for 11 yards.

Look he was mostly a back up in Green Bay starting only 18 games in 4 years. Thompson got a good deal for him.

walker had 3 catches for 41 yards yesterday, he led all receivers.

and just so you know, jake plummer's stats were worse than favre's. plummer had three picks AND a lost fumble. and they weren't playing the bears at the time....

Astonishment
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
For those of you who watched the game didn't Walker look alot "thicker" than he did the last few years.

Jimx29
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer jackass hope he rots and fades away.I agree except for the "fade away" part....let his demise be very public and long lasting so we get our best enjoyment from it

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
He's hearing footsteps. He's going through what happened to Fergy.

Let him fail, jackass.

falco
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
He's hearing footsteps. He's going through what happened to Fergy.

Let him fail, jackass.

Yeah, but Fergy took a monster hit. Javon didn't go anything near that.

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Javon was out for the season, Fergy was out for two games.

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Ferguson has been out for five years and running

Patler
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Fergy was out for two games because that is all that was left. As I recall he wasn't even fully cleared at the 1st minicamp the following April/May, of course that was camp and not a game. But he would have been out a long time in the season.

Fritz
09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
three catches for 41 yards and two drops? A very Fergie-like day at the office.

Patler
09-12-2006, 11:47 AM
three catches for 41 yards and two drops? A very Fergie-like day at the office.

...and our Fergie made a nice catch on Sunday. Hmmmmmm....That's it! A well planned ruse by Green Bay. We told Denver they would get Walker, but we bought an airline ticket for Ferguson! "Walker" is really Ferguson and "Ferguson" is "Walker"!

Ferguson is in Denver wondering why his teammates are calling him "Javon"!

SkinBasket
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
For those of you who watched the game didn't Walker look alot "thicker" than he did the last few years.

I think its the design of the unifrom. Ive always thought other players who have made the move to/from denver looked different afterward. Or then again it could be the roids.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM

I think its the design of the unifrom. Ive always thought other players who have made the move to/from denver looked different afterward. Or then again it could be the roids.

Is this the equivalent of "does this uniform make my butt look big?"

ahaha
09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
It's a game of inches. If he makes that catch down the sideline, and it wasn't an easy catch, he would have had a free run to the endzone. If that happens, Denver probably wins, and Walker finishes with over 100 yds and a TD.
I hope he sucks, but I'm not ready to say we got the better end of the deal just yet.