PDA

View Full Version : Usain to the Packers?

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 03:56 PM
https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/27/usain-bolt-nfl-patriots-packers-tom-brady-aaron-rodgers/

I know it is a TMZ article but he did say it.

Gotarace
10-29-2019, 04:14 PM
I heard is hands are like Blake Martinez's with a club on them...

TravisWilliams23
10-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Bullet Bob Hayes II

Teamcheez1
10-29-2019, 06:22 PM
Teams are just lining up to sign a 33 year old Jamaican who never played a down of football in his life.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2019, 06:33 PM
He would get killed. Maybe if he were 28 years old and had a year to condition his body for the sport. Please move this thread to garbage can.

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2019, 06:36 PM
Like that old joke, if he dies, he dies.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 06:45 PM
I heard is hands are like Blake Martinez's with a club on them...Is there any video of him try to catch passes?

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 06:48 PM
Teams are just lining up to sign a 33 year old Jamaican who never played a down of football in his life.What does the Jamaican part matters? The age would be a factor if he had played this whole time. Really just would come down to can he catch the ball and can he outrun everyone deep.

If race is a factor why do any teams sign White WRs?

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 06:49 PM
He would get killed. Maybe if he were 28 years old and had a year to condition his body for the sport. Please move this thread to garbage can.The only way he gets killed Ian if Teamcheez1 and you drag him behind your truck.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Like that old joke, if he dies, he dies.
That’s what I love about you TPB! My attitude about all players. They get paid life changing amounts so who cares if their life is at risk.

Teamcheez1
10-29-2019, 07:07 PM
What does the Jamaican part matters? The age would be a factor if he had played this whole time. Really just would come down to can he catch the ball and can he outrun everyone deep.

If race is a factor why do any teams sign White WRs?

You're making race a factor. My point is most Jamaicans would have an understanding of futbol not football. Running fast is not skill enough to even get a look.

hoosier
10-29-2019, 07:13 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously thinking of him as a passcatching threat. I want to see him run a jet sweep. See if he can hold on to the ball, see if anyone on the defense can touch him.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 08:22 PM
You're making race a factor. My point is most Jamaicans would have an understanding of futbol not football. Running fast is not skill enough to even get a look.Do you think he can swim?

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 08:24 PM
I don't think anyone is seriously thinking of him as a passcatching threat. I want to see him run a jet sweep. See if he can hold on to the ball, see if anyone on the defense can touch him.Pretty much my thoughts. I know it ain’t happening but would be cool to see if he can out run a ARod deep ball.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 08:25 PM
You're making race a factor. My point is most Jamaicans would have an understanding of futbol not football. Running fast is not skill enough to even get a look.
Cmon man! Running fast is not skill enough? Plenty of players have got in for their speed and fizzled.

George Cumby
10-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Running real fast doesn't translate to being hit by a 205# safety at a combined 30mph. He'd get murdered.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Running real fast doesn't translate to being hit by a 205# safety at a combined 30mph. He'd get murdered.Google says he weighs 207 and it ain’t all between his ribs and knees like you!!

mraynrand
10-29-2019, 08:51 PM
He would get killed. Maybe if he were 28 years old and had a year to condition his body for the sport. Please move this thread to garbage can.

Why are you always trying to stifle free speech?

Joemailman
10-29-2019, 09:20 PM

Nah. Jamaicans only understand bobsledding.

https://image.businessinsider.com/52f28ccdecad04ad6bc251ac?width=1900&format=jpeg&auto=webp

George Cumby
10-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Google says he weighs 207 and it ain’t all between his ribs and knees like you!!

Lol.

At least all my weight isn't between my ears!

woodbuck27
10-30-2019, 01:33 AM
The only way he gets killed Ian if Teamcheez1 and you drag him behind your truck.

Hahahaaha

woodbuck27
10-30-2019, 01:35 AM

https://image.businessinsider.com/52f28ccdecad04ad6bc251ac?width=1900&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Maybe he might consider the CFL?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2019, 03:03 AM
Play Bolt at KR and gunner while he masters the bomb route. Dude can still fly. KR would be perfect for him. At gunner, he wouldn’t need to tackle. Just gotta get close enough to smell the returner; fair catch every fucking time.

I, for one, am in favor of signing ‘Zeus.’

pbmax
10-30-2019, 08:26 AM
Renaldo "Skeets" Nehemiah: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaldo_Nehemiah

World record holder in the 110 meter hurdles. 3 years, 43 passes for 754 yards, a 17.5 average, and four touchdowns.

Most impressively, he won the Superstars decathlon-style competition 4 times.

And no one is putting Bolt on a return team until he can demonstrate that he can catch the oblate spheroid.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 08:38 AM

https://image.businessinsider.com/52f28ccdecad04ad6bc251ac?width=1900&format=jpeg&auto=webpInteresting, the Jamaican team colors are a sign to go to GB if I ever saw one.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2019, 08:55 AM
And no one is putting Bolt on a return team until he can demonstrate that he can catch the oblate spheroid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/915382828724113416/M0_HIlgL_400x400.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2019, 08:57 AM
The only way he gets killed Ian if Teamcheez1 and you drag him behind your truck.

Things are getting ugly. The brown devil made me do it.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2019, 11:31 AM

And more importantly, hold on to it when tackled - as I alluded to way back at the beginning of the thread.

I would be in favor of giving the guy a try, though. Somebody said being fast alone ain't much; Well, being THAT fast and 6'5" is a helluva lot.

Joemailman
10-30-2019, 11:36 AM
What we know about Bolt is that he could run really fast in a straight line. So maybe he could be as good as MVS.

pbmax
10-30-2019, 12:43 PM
What we know about Bolt is that he could run really fast in a straight line. So maybe he could be as good as MVS.

Usain Bolt has never competed against Jeff Janis.

SudsMcBucky
10-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Running real fast doesn't translate to being hit by a 205# safety at a combined 30mph. He'd get murdered.

You can't kill what you can't catch.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e49dca36-50d7-490d-9256-d4db0443e8e2#SyM-cWlIvcS.copy

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Click bait. Zero chance.

George Cumby
10-30-2019, 02:14 PM
You can't kill what you can't catch.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e49dca36-50d7-490d-9256-d4db0443e8e2#SyM-cWlIvcS.copy

Lol. Deep cut there, Suds.

George Cumby
10-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Usain Bolt has never competed against Jeff Janis.

Beat me to it.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 05:26 PM
Play Bolt at KR and gunner while he masters the bomb route. Dude can still fly. KR would be perfect for him. At gunner, he wouldn’t need to tackle. Just gotta get close enough to smell the returner; fair catch every fucking time.

I, for one, am in favor of signing ‘Zeus.’That’s not a bad take on the gunner potential.

red
10-30-2019, 05:30 PM
This would be a really interesting idea if it was 10 years ago or so

But that dogs too old to learn a new trick at this point

Isn’t he decent at soccer?

QBME
10-30-2019, 06:47 PM
See: Jimmy "Jet" Hines.
Fastest man in the world circa 1968 Olympics.
Drafted by Miami Dolphins.
Beat everyone downfield.
Nicknamed by his team mates as "Oops".
Great feet. No hands.

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 01:03 AM
https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/27/usain-bolt-nfl-patriots-packers-tom-brady-aaron-rodgers/

I know it is a TMZ article but he did say it.

I used to love the hopium i got from reading articles like this, thinking it was an actual possibility, then i realized the difference between football speed and track speed, and all the training needed to get someone ready for the NFL game of football and all the variables involved in playing receiver, the chess match that goes on, the game inside the game. If he worked hard for 3 years at it he'd be 36 and already slower than he was in his prime, which means he'd just be another 6"5 guy running a 4.6. Then again, if he was in his early 20s...:)

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 01:11 AM
Also, im Aussie, look at all these talented Australian players trying to make it in the NFL, they measure up size/speed wise, they just dont get it. The best Aussie(foreign players also) players are kickers and punters, because its the easiest position and it actually translates to a skill they have that was consistently utilised. Standout rugby players with speed dont have to have the agility to run routes, only to run around or through players in a certain way.

Who remembers the name of the Vikings 6th round pick from Germany from last years draft? Neither do I. What about that freak athlete from the UK that was signed as a DE by the 49ers 4-5 years ago? I think you gotta love the game to really learn and understand its intricacies.

Radagast
10-31-2019, 02:37 AM
Also, im Aussie, look at all these talented Australian players trying to make it in the NFL, they measure up size/speed wise, they just dont get it. The best Aussie(foreign players also) players are kickers and punters, because its the easiest position and it actually translates to a skill they have that was consistently utilised. Standout rugby players with speed dont have to have the agility to run routes, only to run around or through players in a certain way.

Who remembers the name of the Vikings 6th round pick from Germany from last years draft? Neither do I. What about that freak athlete from the UK that was signed as a DE by the 49ers 4-5 years ago? I think you gotta love the game to really learn and understand its intricacies.

It might be fair to say that Australian Rules Football or what some refer to as Rugby is more familiar down under. Sports like Ice Hockey and Basketball have seen players from China, and Russia, as well as some African countries find their way to high money teams in North America. Baseball too has seen players from Japan and The Dominican Republic and elsewhere make MLB teams.

I believe that exposure to a sport fosters more interest in playing the sport. Soccer or as is more commonly known outside of America as Football, is I believe so popular due to both the sports exposure throughout the world and because a child only needs a soccer ball to practice their basic skills. The NFL has persistently tried to export the American sport with the former NFL Europe as well as games in London and Mexico City. I also suspect that NFL games can be viewed world wide through satellite and streaming services.

At one time sports like Baseball and Basketball were only known as American only sports, but now they are played world wide. The NFL too should carve more of a place in Europe and perhaps Australia as well. Why strong Australian athletes could not be good as running backs or wide receivers have not been recruited, IMO, is a matter of inexperience with American Football. However if one thing is always true, change is always taking place. We may well see Australians in the NFL for positions other than Punters/Kickers. Some teams still take on training projects, example in point GB's Rashan Gary.

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 03:04 AM
It might be fair to say that Australian Rules Football or what some refer to as Rugby is more familiar down under. Sports like Ice Hockey and Basketball have seen players from China, and Russia, as well as some African countries find their way to high money teams in North America. Baseball too has seen players from Japan and The Dominican Republic and elsewhere make MLB teams.

I believe that exposure to a sport fosters more interest in playing the sport. Soccer or as is more commonly known outside of America as Football, is I believe so popular due to both the sports exposure throughout the world and because a child only needs a soccer ball to practice their basic skills. The NFL has persistently tried to export the American sport with the former NFL Europe as well as games in London and Mexico City. I also suspect that NFL games can be viewed world wide through satellite and streaming services.

At one time sports like Baseball and Basketball were only known as American only sports, but now they are played world wide. The NFL too should carve more of a place in Europe and perhaps Australia as well. Why strong Australian athletes could not be good as running backs or wide receivers have not been recruited, IMO, is a matter of inexperience with American Football. However if one thing is always true, change is always taking place. We may well see Australians in the NFL for positions other than Punters/Kickers. Some teams still take on training projects, example in point GB's Rashan Gary.

Rashan Gary isnt a great example but i get your gist. My point still stands, you need to truly love the game as a foreigner to make it big. At any position, no matter how insignificant that may seem. The variables at play in other sports is the ease with which that sport can be understoond by the person learning it. NFL football is a different beast, even to highly rated college prospects that spend their entire lives learning the game. its one of the most difficult sports to just say, "hey lets try this thing because we can make more money if you succeed". Otherwise why would anyone attempt NFL football?

And at the end of the day all you need, like with european football, all you need is a football, so the ret is about the knowing and understanding of how to play the chess match that is football.

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 06:58 AM
Fascinating stuff guys.

Radagast
10-31-2019, 06:58 AM
Rashan Gary isnt a great example but i get your gist. My point still stands, you need to truly love the game as a foreigner to make it big. At any position, no matter how insignificant that may seem. The variables at play in other sports is the ease with which that sport can be understoond by the person learning it. NFL football is a different beast, even to highly rated college prospects that spend their entire lives learning the game. its one of the most difficult sports to just say, "hey lets try this thing because we can make more money if you succeed". Otherwise why would anyone attempt NFL football?

And at the end of the day all you need, like with european football, all you need is a football, so the ret is about the knowing and understanding of how to play the chess match that is football.

American football can indeed at times be a chess match, but for the most part it is a matter of discovering your opponents strengths/weaknesses and then curbing those strengths as you take advantage of their weaknesses.

Let's say an opposing team has a top 3 rated RB that has made fools of defenses, yet their QB and receivers are below average. You use minimum resources to cover the receivers and keep more defensive assets near the line to stop their greatest threat. However, as many have posted about, your offense has a well balanced run/pass attack, then an opposing defense must respect both and can't station more resources to focus on one area or the other will take expose the weakness and take advantage of it.

Many see American football as a somewhat military style contest. Your team gains ground with strategically coordinated plays designed to use deversions, physical matchups, and precision strikes to march down the gridiron and capture/score in the opponents end zone.

Others see it, and correctly so at times, a chess match. Two closely matched teams often do use gambits to lure an opponent into believing one thing as you attack in some unexpected way. More often playoff games feature more closely matched teams and the mental side of the game is stressed more.

Still others are more interested in individual matchups or the plays where a player rises above what we normally see. WR Odell Beckham JR. is an elite WR, but he became famous for one handed circus catches that simply must be seen in slow motion to fully appreciate. QB Aaron Rodgers' ability to throw a football pass 40 to 50 yards and place it perfectly into a full speed receivers hands with near 0 room for error is like watching a high wire act. Not to forget the defensive players, a great pick or a sack can be a beautiful thing to see.

American football can range from a battle of defenses to a last man standing scoring contest. Dramatic goal line stands, big running/passing plays, last second Field Goal victories, and crushing turnovers make the game an intricate ever changing stage where no one can say just what might happen. Few like NE's Belichick or other coaching professionals know fully understand and apply every rule, trick, or past forgotten strategy. In this way the game can still surprise even the most savvy fan.

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 07:00 AM
This has been both deeply informative and highly entertaining. Great insight.

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:54 AM
This has been both deeply informative and highly entertaining. Great insight.

You double dosed your Zoloft again, didn't you?

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 08:59 AM
You double dosed your Zoloft again, didn't you?

Some people enjoy watching athletes jump, while others enjoy watching them run. Others still enjoy watching them swim. A variety of athletic competitions are open to humans to participate in or to spectate.

hoosier
10-31-2019, 09:20 AM
For some reason I am reminded of the time when certain posters were trying to master the Woodbuck style. A PR version of the Bad Hemingway Contest. Not an easy feat.

Excerpt from "Big Too-Hardened Liver" (1991 Bad Hemingway winner)

We were drinking at the bar in Harry’s when it exploded.

It was early morning and the sun was bright and painful and rising on the tall glass towers when the rocket exploded to announce the release of the bulls and so we all rushed out to see the big and brave and mature and viciously horny bulls toss the television executives as they came up the escalators.

Harry brought out light appetizers and the good champagne. I had the prosciutto, which lay very fine and lean on the plate and the melon was sweet and ripe and the flesh reminded you of a woman you had known. Perhaps you had not really known her and if she went tart on you then all you noticed was the ripeness and so you thump-thumped her and then perhaps you forgot about that business with the prosciutto.

George Cumby
10-31-2019, 09:47 AM
Fascinating stuff guys.

Lol

pbmax
10-31-2019, 11:04 AM
For some reason I am reminded of the time when certain posters were trying to master the Woodbuck style. A PR version of the Bad Hemingway Contest. Not an easy feat.

We were drinking at the bar in Harry’s when it exploded.

Going to be laughing at this all day.

pbmax
10-31-2019, 11:06 AM
Some people enjoy watching athletes jump, while others enjoy watching them run. Others still enjoy watching them swim. A variety of athletic competitions are open to humans to participate in or to spectate.

Speaking of the human drama of athletic competition, CBS is still calling its weekend wraparound shows 'CBS Sports Spectacular'.

But neither ABC or CBS Sports has been the same since the Tour de France went to live coverage of their IV drips.

australianpackerbacker
11-01-2019, 01:13 AM
American football can indeed at times be a chess match, but for the most part it is a matter of discovering your opponents strengths/weaknesses and then curbing those strengths as you take advantage of their weaknesses.

Let's say an opposing team has a top 3 rated RB that has made fools of defenses, yet their QB and receivers are below average. You use minimum resources to cover the receivers and keep more defensive assets near the line to stop their greatest threat. However, as many have posted about, your offense has a well balanced run/pass attack, then an opposing defense must respect both and can't station more resources to focus on one area or the other will take expose the weakness and take advantage of it.

Many see American football as a somewhat military style contest. Your team gains ground with strategically coordinated plays designed to use deversions, physical matchups, and precision strikes to march down the gridiron and capture/score in the opponents end zone.

Others see it, and correctly so at times, a chess match. Two closely matched teams often do use gambits to lure an opponent into believing one thing as you attack in some unexpected way. More often playoff games feature more closely matched teams and the mental side of the game is stressed more.

Still others are more interested in individual matchups or the plays where a player rises above what we normally see. WR Odell Beckham JR. is an elite WR, but he became famous for one handed circus catches that simply must be seen in slow motion to fully appreciate. QB Aaron Rodgers' ability to throw a football pass 40 to 50 yards and place it perfectly into a full speed receivers hands with near 0 room for error is like watching a high wire act. Not to forget the defensive players, a great pick or a sack can be a beautiful thing to see.

American football can range from a battle of defenses to a last man standing scoring contest. Dramatic goal line stands, big running/passing plays, last second Field Goal victories, and crushing turnovers make the game an intricate ever changing stage where no one can say just what might happen. Few like NE's Belichick or other coaching professionals know fully understand and apply every rule, trick, or past forgotten strategy. In this way the game can still surprise even the most savvy fan.

Your first sentence. Yes. But you may be underestimating how hard it can be for a foreigner, because youve grown up eating NFL football. What you "summarized" as just strengths and weaknesses, is minimized in your mind because you grew up on a steady diet of football and you love the game. What i see from foreign players is that they never truly get this aspect. Among many other variables, percentages of players converting are also key, youre not really getting the best of the best, there are better athletes that choose not to play NFL football because they make way more money than the guys that come to the NFL trying to make it.

Your second sentence. Try and explain these concepts you and i deeply understand to someone who hasnt grown up thinking like me and you. The only reason i understand NFL football on the level i do is because i put in the work, it wasnt work ever because i LOVED it. And also, there are way too many variables at play to blow your plan up. The nature of growing in life is to try and fail at everything that doesnt work until you find a way/technique that doesnt. And you build from that. This is also called experience. Your story about how it should work will get blown up in practice, simply for you to learn how to navigate past that and grow.

I agree but from my perspective the idea of WAR or MILITARY doesnt enter my mind, rather the battle of wills and pysches is powerful enough to lure me, but this is also true for any elite competetive sport. Including Tennis. The game within the game. The only difference is when i was younger and super angry at life, i loved watching big guys at their physical peak beating the shit out of each other, whilst still playing chess to boot.

The rest you posted, i agree with. Which is WHY we watch the games, cos we dont know whats coming.

Radagast
11-01-2019, 01:51 AM
Your first sentence. Yes. But you may be underestimating how hard it can be for a foreigner, because youve grown up eating NFL football. What you "summarized" as just strengths and weaknesses, is minimized in your mind because you grew up on a steady diet of football and you love the game. What i see from foreign players is that they never truly get this aspect. Among many other variables, percentages of players converting are also key, youre not really getting the best of the best, there are better athletes that choose not to play NFL football because they make way more money than the guys that come to the NFL trying to make it.

Your second sentence. Try and explain these concepts you and i deeply understand to someone who hasnt grown up thinking like me and you. The only reason i understand NFL football on the level i do is because i put in the work, it wasnt work ever because i LOVED it. And also, there are way too many variables at play to blow your plan up. The nature of growing in life is to try and fail at everything that doesnt work until you find a way/technique that doesnt. And you build from that. This is also called experience. Your story about how it should work will get blown up in practice, simply for you to learn how to navigate past that and grow.

I agree but from my perspective the idea of WAR or MILITARY doesnt enter my mind, rather the battle of wills and pysches is powerful enough to lure me, but this is also true for any elite competetive sport. Including Tennis. The game within the game. The only difference is when i was younger and super angry at life, i loved watching big guys at their physical peak beating the shit out of each other, whilst still playing chess to boot.

The rest you posted, i agree with. Which is WHY we watch the games, cos we dont know whats coming.

Enjoyed your post.

Allow me to relate a personal story.

When I was between 8 and 11 years old, I and the neighborhood lads played football together. However with just 5 or 8 of us, teams were rarely chosen. Instead we played what we called "fumble ball". The game was very close to Rugby (or Australian Rules Football). One player throw the ball into midst of the rest and then all would swarm to tackle to one who had the football. With no helmets or padding bruises were to be expected. In fact, I received my very first ever real concussion one day playing this boy's game. It does not mean I understand "Rugby", but I do hold a greater appreciation for the sport. Soccer on the other hand was never played. The only time we kicked a round ball was when we played "Kickball" with the local boys and the local girls. It's similar to baseball but played with a round ball that gets kicked instead batted with a bat as in Baseball.

Point is, many of the things we do when very young can influence our interest latter in life. Was / is American Football viewed down under via satellite?

australianpackerbacker
11-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Enjoyed your post.

Allow me to relate a personal story.

When I was between 8 and 11 years old, I and the neighborhood lads played football together. However with just 5 or 8 of us, teams were rarely chosen. Instead we played what we called "fumble ball". The game was very close to Rugby (or Australian Rules Football). One player throw the ball into midst of the rest and then all would swarm to tackle to one who had the football. With no helmets or padding bruises were to be expected. In fact, I received my very first ever real concussion one day playing this boy's game. It does not mean I understand "Rugby", but I do hold a greater appreciation for the sport. Soccer on the other hand was never played. The only time we kicked a round ball was when we played "Kickball" with the local boys and the local girls. It's similar to baseball but played with a round ball that gets kicked instead batted with a bat as in Baseball.

Point is, many of the things we do when very young can influence our interest latter in life. Was / is American Football viewed down under via satellite?

Thank you for your sharing. And i agree with you, and i cant claim to know too much about you besides the tone and energy of your posts, but a lot of what i say still stands. And in many ways youve confirmed what ive expressed, and maybe i just wasnt clear enough in the explanation of my point of view.

American football these days in Australia is easy to watch. GamePass, live streaming, you can even stream for free.

I agree, the many things we do in life early in life, can influence the totality of our lives. Which proves my point even further in my eyes. You gotta love the game.

Radagast
11-01-2019, 03:53 AM
Thank you for your sharing. And i agree with you, and i cant claim to know too much about you besides the tone and energy of your posts, but a lot of what i say still stands. And in many ways youve confirmed what ive expressed, and maybe i just wasnt clear enough in the explanation of my point of view.

American football these days in Australia is easy to watch. GamePass, live streaming, you can even stream for free.

I agree, the many things we do in life early in life, can influence the totality of our lives. Which proves my point even further in my eyes. You gotta love the game.

If I may ask, how long have you been an American Football fan and what caused you to like the Packers over any of the other 31 NFL Teams?

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2019, 05:48 AM
Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?

mraynrand
11-01-2019, 07:04 AM
When I was between 8 and 11 years old, I and the neighborhood lads played football together. However with just 5 or 8 of us, teams were rarely chosen. Instead we played what we called "fumble ball". The game was very close to Rugby (or Australian Rules Football). One player throw the ball into midst of the rest and then all would swarm to tackle to one who had the football.

Sounds like "Smear the queer" or 'shinny' in hockey when you don't have enough players for teams.

australianpackerbacker
11-01-2019, 07:17 AM
If I may ask, how long have you been an American Football fan and what caused you to like the Packers over any of the other 31 NFL Teams?

Since i waw 8 Y.O. 24 Years of intense love and study. At one point i was so deep in love with NFL football i decided to start gambling cos i was co certain of the outcome of each and every game, this was 2011 also, when our team was just impossible to beat, i correctly picked 37 out of 41 games. The problem with that though, was that my losses mitigated my wins, cos i was betting 10k a pop on easy odds of 1.2, 1.15 etc. The times i lost was when i bet 10k on the Packers to beat the Vikings by 7 in Minnesota and they were killing them, but Mr Ponder had other ideas in the second half, and the game ended 33-27. Ouch. I also lost the Chiefs bet that year. The year after i was still cocky enough to play the game, when Rod went down with a collarbone to a fellow Wisconsinite.

But it also took the excitement out of the game cos it ended up being about the money and not about the love. Good lessons all around, and at the end of the day, i didnt make a dime. Injuries are hard to predict. In australia we can bet on the NFL, and the odds are really good. For example, i knew the Packers were gonna win in CHI earlier this year, and they have odds that are based like this, 1-13 points for a packers win equals 2.5 or 2.8 return. 13+ equals 3.8 or sometimes more. Most NFL games come within a touchdown. So theyre almost betting that you dont understand the game well enough to win.

australianpackerbacker
11-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Communism, some of its roots are based in the concept of fairness and unity for all. The practical application however speaks otherwise. Socialism over time has been branded to portray a person who believes everyone should have the ability to live their lives equally with another.

Americana democracy has been portrayed as a savior, a "fight for freedom" and "they hate us cos were free" whilst labelling everything alternative that could help us grow, as lunacy. But Americans arent living in democracy, they are actually living in a pseudo kleptocracy, whilst conceptually speaking about democracy throughout. The game within the game..;)

Listen and watch what the DO, not what they SAY. The dishonesty and lies are realy obvious when you have the ability to take a step back, breathe, and really look at whats going on. Takes courage not to follow the herd mentality into mental and emotional slavery.

hoosier
11-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Cheesehead Craig
11-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Some people enjoy democracies, while others enjoy theocracies. Others still enjoy communism. A variety of governmental styles are open to humans to participate in or to spectate.

Fritz
11-01-2019, 08:28 AM

I find watching heterosexual humans or two women thrusting and rubbing and using their tongue muscles to be the supreme form of athletic endeavor, both in terms of participating and viewing.

mraynrand
11-01-2019, 08:38 AM
I find watching heterosexual humans or two women thrusting and rubbing and using their tongue muscles to be the supreme form of athletic endeavor, both in terms of participating and viewing.

"You're a BAD MAN!"
https://images3.static-bluray.com/reviews/10502_5.jpg

pbmax
11-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Sounds like "Smear the queer" or 'shinny' in hockey when you don't have enough players for teams.

We played that at recess until the teachers and administrators asked us to find another game.

We renamed it Kill the Guy (with the ball) and continued. Nothing like recess to exhaust you for afternoon lessons.

pbmax
11-01-2019, 08:46 AM

And what do you call that game Fritz?

bobblehead
11-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Do you think he can swim?

Nah...not bouyant.

bobblehead
11-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Heard by Viking fans about a decade ago:

"We got Brock Lesner...the NEXT BIG THING BABY. We are going to win an OWL for sure!!!"

bobblehead
11-01-2019, 08:59 AM
And what do you call that game Fritz?

Porn

pbmax
11-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Porn

That's the transmission medium, though. Could be what he calls in real life, like Xerox or Kleenex are now common nouns and verbs.

Seems like a bad pickup line though.

mraynrand
11-01-2019, 09:18 AM

Diane Lane "Vital Signs" nuff said

Fritz
11-01-2019, 09:38 AM
"You're a BAD MAN!"
https://images3.static-bluray.com/reviews/10502_5.jpg

I am.

And I will second your Diane Lane call. Yes indeed.

And how about that Usain Bolt?

QBME
11-01-2019, 03:07 PM
That's the transmission medium, though. Could be what he calls in real life, like Xerox or Kleenex are now common nouns and verbs.

Seems like a bad pickup line though.

Ah, PB. Nobody makes copies anymore.
Sigh, youth is wasted on the young.

pbmax
11-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Ah, PB. Nobody makes copies anymore.
Sigh, youth is wasted on the young.

So am I paying a lease on this copying machine just so I can email a scan to myself?

George Cumby
11-01-2019, 07:00 PM

This post made me go back a page in the thread to find out what I had missed.