PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Season Packer Player Awards

Joemailman
10-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Offensive MVP - Aaron Jones. Tough to pick between the Aarons here. I'll go with Jones . He leads the NFL in TD's, is 14th in rushing yards, 3rd in receiving yards among RB's. With a lack of weapons at WR, he has become a weapon.

Defensive MVP - Za'Darius Smith. 4th in NFL in sacks. 3rd in QB hits. 1st in coming back into the game after injury time out. (I made that last one up). Most importantly, has injected great energy in a team that needed it after last year.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year - Elgton Jenkins. Has helped solidify pass pro which has contributed to Rodgers improved play. Look at the Packers biggest running plays and you'll probably see Jenkins with a second-level block.

Defensive Rookie Of The Year - Darnell Savage. Before his injury, was giving Packers their best free safety play since Nick Collins.

Comeback Player Of The Year - Aaron Rodgers. After 2 injury-riddled seasons, is once again among the NFL MVP favorites. After a slow start, is only getting better.

Most Improved Player - J.K. Scott. The Kansas City game notwithstanding, he has been a weapon reversing field position with his booming punts.

woodbuck27
10-30-2019, 01:37 AM
Good analysis.

The Shadow
10-30-2019, 10:34 AM
The insertion of Elgton Jenkins in the offensive line has been a huge, somewhat overlooked, key to the 7-1 record.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Would Aaron original recipe be as good right now without Aaron extra crispy? I think he would be injured again because he wouldn’t be getting rid of the ball so quick. The plays have been so good and the catches so pretty I confuse Jones for a WR at times.

Nice post though Postal Man.

gbgary
10-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Offensive MVP - Aaron Jones. Tough to pick between the Aarons here. I'll go with Jones . He leads the NFL in TD's, is 14th in rushing yards, 3rd in receiving yards among RB's. With a lack of weapons at WR, he has become a weapon.

Defensive MVP - Za'Darius Smith. 4th in NFL in sacks. 3rd in QB hits. 1st in coming back into the game after injury time out. (I made that last one up). Most importantly, has injected great energy in a team that needed it after last year.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year - Elgton Jenkins. Has helped solidify pass pro which has contributed to Rodgers improved play. Look at the Packers biggest running plays and you'll probably see Jenkins with a second-level block.

Defensive Rookie Of The Year - Darnell Savage. Before his injury, was giving Packers their best free safety play since Nick Collins.

Comeback Player Of The Year - Aaron Rodgers. After 2 injury-riddled seasons, is once again among the NFL MVP favorites. After a slow start, is only getting better.

Most Improved Player - J.K. Scott. The Kansas City game notwithstanding, he has been a weapon reversing field position with his booming punts.

this!