PDA

View Full Version : Vote to make the Romper Room open to public

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Inspired by AustralianPackerBackers return, the vote is to open the Romper Room to public viewing. Yes, big deal whatever to many but the hope is that it will encourage off topic discussion.

If it doesn’t well maybe some drama will kickoff. Either way it is a win by this forum’s standards. 👻

mraynrand
10-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Yes

texaspackerbacker
10-29-2019, 10:44 PM
It's not already open to the public? Define "public".

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 11:21 PM
It's not already open to the public? Define "public".Dammit Tex!! You’re giving these assklowns ammo to laugh at your senility.

Public as in you don’t have to log on to read threads. How the Packers forum is pretty much.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Yes
No absentee voting here Cooter. Use the poll above.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2019, 12:27 AM
I thought you or whoever was saying it was similar to the Garbage Can. I hardly ever pay attention to Romper Room anyway - it's boring. Sometimes it goes days without any action. I voted "don't give a damn" because I basically don't. If you want to do something that will make a difference, do that with FYI.

woodbuck27
10-30-2019, 01:28 AM
It's not already open to the public? Define "public".

Non members.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2019, 03:11 AM
I, too, wanna see FYI open to the public. Even though FYI is just Rand arguing with Partial, and whenever Partial debunks Rand, Rand simply ignore Partial temporarily.

And as an egotist - with the t - I’d love to see more clicks for the FYI thread “Musings of a Polar Bear.” :)

mraynrand
10-30-2019, 07:00 AM
No absentee voting here Cooter. Use the poll above.

I see no poll on my phone.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 08:53 AM
I see no poll on my phone.Ok guessing you are viewing the site in the mobile style. I never use it so never tried and damn it really needs some work on the appearance. But you are correct it isn’t there. I did a search and it is not an option on mobile view. Ain’t that some bull$hit.

Scroll down to the bottom and click Full Site to vote then switch back to mobile.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 09:02 AM
I thought you or whoever was saying it was similar to the Garbage Can. I hardly ever pay attention to Romper Room anyway - it's boring. Sometimes it goes days without any action. I voted "don't give a damn" because I basically don't. If you want to do something that will make a difference, do that with FYI.Good example of why it should change.

FYI is a different beast and doesn’t appear to need help attracting posters who wish to discuss politics.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 09:07 AM
I would like to add that if there are threads or post in the Romper Room anyone doesn’t want public I will move them to the Garbage Can since they happened under the non-public rules.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 09:10 AM
Non members.Shit I thought you croaked!! Where you been man? I keep getting messages from Aynrand asking about you. He seemed very concerned.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2019, 09:22 AM
This forum now consists of 14 regular posters and 7 lurkers. And the latest excitement is whether the lurkers get to see (checks notes) the Romper Room.

I think this place was way better before Madtown started posting again. It's gotten hateful, dirty. I like it when it's just afternoons with pbmax.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 10:17 AM
This forum now consists of 14 regular posters and 7 lurkers. And the latest excitement is whether the lurkers get to see (checks notes) the Romper Room.

I think this place was way better before Madtown started posting again. It's gotten hateful, dirty. I like it when it's just afternoons with pbmax.PBMax?? About as interesting as watching white paint dry in cold weather. His post are more bland than unsalted, boiled chicken. His way with words can lull an insomniac to sleep immediately. You would have to stuff his ass with spicy rub and marinate him for a week to get any flavor out of his thoughts.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Hey, don't kill (or insult) the golden goose hahahahaha. You're looking for more posts and posters with this Romper Room thing? Well, insulting your biggest customer ain't good for the bottom line.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Now Sexy Texy, are you saying you need a SPACE where you feel SAFE?

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2019, 03:00 PM
Me? I feel same anywhere. I was referring to your post above about pbmax - who accounts for a huge percentage of all the posts in the forum - and just about all of them pretty good and normal. What I don't like is people not saying what they mean - sarcastic crap, etc.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Me? I feel same anywhere. I was referring to your post above about pbmax - who accounts for a huge percentage of all the posts in the forum - and just about all of them pretty good and normal. What I don't like is people not saying what they mean - sarcastic crap, etc.First off I’m giving PB shit. He is one of the few posters here who can get ahold of me outside this forum. I have been meaning to give him admin rights and if I ever gave this place away it would go to him if he would accept. My family also knows if I happen to croak unexpectedly they are to contact him and make arrangements to transfer the site (that part I haven’t told him about). He is smart enough to know I’m just having fun and man enough to not cry about.

Appears you are neither.

See I can see what I mean without sarcasm.

red
10-30-2019, 05:25 PM
I thought it already was

I thought it was just the GC that had the limited access

Sure, whatever floats your boat, or maybe burro in you case

red
10-30-2019, 05:27 PM
First off I’m giving PB shit. He is one of the few posters here who can get ahold of me outside this forum. I have been meaning to give him admin rights and if I ever gave this place away it would go to him if he would accept. My family also knows if I happen to croak unexpectedly they are to contact him and make arrangements to transfer the site (that part I haven’t told him about). He is smart enough to know I’m just having fun and man enough to not cry about.

Appears you are neither.

Really? You put this fucking place in your will?

Lol, that just seems fucked up

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 05:37 PM
I thought it already was

I thought it was just the GC that had the limited access

Sure, whatever floats your boat, or maybe burro in you caseAny account once logged in can see the entire forum. The GC is the only exception where you have to ask to get in.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 05:48 PM
Really? You put this fucking place in your will?

Lol, that just seems fucked upIts not in any official will. Just instructions what to do and the logons to do it with.

I know this place isn’t much but after one of my yearly renewal fuckups I questioned what would happen if I wasn’t around to handle it. The first person that came to mind was PB. It would have been Retailguy back in the day but he is no longer around. Harlan can’t be trusted and you are always too wasted to be of any use. Plus you’re kinda a dumbass.

Joemailman
10-30-2019, 05:48 PM
First off I’m giving PB shit. He is one of the few posters here who can get ahold of me outside this forum. I have been meaning to give him admin rights and if I ever gave this place away it would go to him if he would accept. My family also knows if I happen to croak unexpectedly they are to contact him and make arrangements to transfer the site (that part I haven’t told him about). He is smart enough to know I’m just having fun and man enough to not cry about.

Appears you are neither.

Reminds me of that episode of Sanford & Son where Fred Sanford says to Lamont "Someday this will all be yours."

pbmax
10-30-2019, 06:05 PM

Appears you are neither.

I don't remember receiving a copy of your will. Please forward at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

pbmax, Esq.

pbmax
10-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Reminds me of that episode of Sanford & Son where Fred Sanford says to Lamont "Someday this will all be yours."

Too close for comfort. I loved that stupid show.

red
10-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Its not in any official will. Just instructions what to do and the logons to do it with.

I know this place isn’t much but after one of my yearly renewal fuckups I questioned what would happen if I wasn’t around to handle it. The first person that came to mind was PB. It would have been Retailguy back in the day but he is no longer around. Harlan can’t be trusted and you are always too wasted to be of any use. Plus you’re kinda a dumbass.

its definitely cool that you have a backup plan for i/when you get deported

it just that before i read that, i never would have even thought about a little site like this having a contingency plan

i guess you have time for thinking about little things like that when you just stand out in front of home depot all day collecting welfare that real mericans pay for

mraynrand
10-30-2019, 06:10 PM
Too close for comfort.

On Tuesday nights.

http://www.popentertainment.com/TooCloseForComfort2%20cover%20art.jpg

I loved that stupid show. Ted Baxter was better on MTM.

red
10-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Too close for comfort. I loved that stupid show.

you might want to think about talking to mad about a trade

you know he's probably got something like this laying around that will be up for grabs

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2017/03/HVA_GypsyRose-970x546.jpg

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 06:15 PM
I don't remember receiving a copy of your will. Please forward at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

pbmax, Esq.It’s all fun and games until the liens and pending lawsuits gets transferred too.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 06:17 PM

you know he's probably got something like this laying around that will be up for grabs

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2017/03/HVA_GypsyRose-970x546.jpgDont be such a pendejo. You know that’s gonna be my coffin.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Is the blonde from too close for comfort the same honey that replaced Susan Sommers on 3s company?

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 03:19 AM
Inspired by AustralianPackerBackers return, the vote is to open the Romper Room to public viewing. Yes, big deal whatever to many but the hope is that it will encourage off topic discussion.

If it doesn’t well maybe some drama will kickoff. Either way it is a win by this forum’s standards. 👻

As long as you dont ban me expressing who i am. Im in..:)

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 03:29 AM
I thought you or whoever was saying it was similar to the Garbage Can. I hardly ever pay attention to Romper Room anyway - it's boring. Sometimes it goes days without any action. I voted "don't give a damn" because I basically don't. If you want to do something that will make a difference, do that with FYI.

Its potentially boring because of the QUALITY of content being posted. As well as volume. People love to censor opinions that are not aligned with their stories of how they grew up and what they were taught. This is how society limits evolution of consciousness. Case in point. My mum demonized marijuana all her life because of news media which she implicitly trusted. I felt like a druggie because i had issues and marijuana helped them all, but my wanting to please my parents trumped all those gains. Now marijuana is being understood as a holistic medicine. And this realization was only attained by her because of my efforts to help her transcend her pain. Now she understands she could eliminate all her pharmaceuticals because of this medicine. How much of mind fuck is that?

The key to life is to be open to EVERYONE. Do not judge. The measure with which you measure will be given out to you. And judgement is blinding, it limits the human psyche to evaluate the truth. Do not judge even your enemies, because we all bleed read, we all have a heart, we all bleed emotions. Some of us deny this truth because of a story we were told about how to act and behave, and what we we told defines a man or a woman. The stories arent true but we beleive them so we give them power over us. Love is the solution and antidote to all dis-ease. One love.

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:12 AM
On Tuesday nights.

http://www.popentertainment.com/To20art.jpg

Ted Baxter was better on MTM.

I liked that show too but for different reasons.

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:22 AM
I don't want to fight his other heirs.

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2017/03/HVA_GypsyRose-970x546.jpg

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Is the blonde from too close for comfort the same honey that replaced Susan Sommers on 3s company?

Nope. You are thinking of Cindy Snow.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/04/f8/07/04f807149e0ca66c9e318e405bb5ab75.jpg

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:27 AM
Or Terri.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/b8/6f/d7/b86fd7be4672cc61ae887758ee3b3504--priscilla-barnes-suzanne-somers.jpg

MadtownPacker
10-31-2019, 09:33 AM
I’m definitely thinking of Terri!

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2019, 10:08 AM
I don't want to fight his other heirs.

https://i2.wp.com/hispanicla.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/mexican-family.jpg

hoosier
10-31-2019, 11:06 AM
The key to life is to be open to EVERYONE. Do not judge. The measure with which you measure will be given out to you. And judgement is blinding, it limits the human psyche to evaluate the truth. Do not judge even your enemies, because we all bleed read, we all have a heart, we all bleed emotions. Some of us deny this truth because of a story we were told about how to act and behave, and what we we told defines a man or a woman. The stories arent true but we beleive them so we give them power over us. Love is the solution and antidote to all dis-ease. One love.

Should we be open to people who want to eat us? Or sodomize us with a herd of elephants? Or make us listen to Julio Iglesias? You get my point....

MadtownPacker
10-31-2019, 11:21 AM
You know I try not to ban folks unless I really have to but dammit Hoosier you need to back the fuck off Julio!!

“To all the hoes I loved before....”

:lol:

https://youtu.be/rVq0ONrSH-Q

MadtownPacker
10-31-2019, 11:23 AM
https://i2.wp.com/hispanicla.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/mexican-family.jpgDont worry, they are inheriting the social security numbers of everyone on this site.

hoosier
10-31-2019, 11:42 AM
You know I try not to ban folks unless I really have to but dammit Hoosier you need to back the fuck off Julio!!

“To all the hoes I loved before....”

:lol:

Youtube vid didn't take. But no matter, he's sooooo sensual with the eyes all permanently closed.

mraynrand
10-31-2019, 11:59 AM

Should we be open to people who want to eat us? Or sodomize us with a herd of elephants? Or make us listen to Julio Iglesias? You get my point....

And someone was scolding me a few days ago for saying post-modern anti-realism was an actual thing. "No one really thinks that way"

pbmax
10-31-2019, 02:42 PM
And someone was scolding me a few days ago for saying post-modern anti-realism was an actual thing. "No one really thinks that way"

Pretty sure hoosier is a bot.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2019, 06:47 PM
Dont worry, they are inheriting the social security numbers of everyone on this site.

Hallelujah! I might yet get enough income to collect benefits! Please give my number to the high school graduate, the smart one who got a B in Spanish.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2019, 06:50 PM
Pretty sure hoosier is a bot.

I read that quickly without my strong reading glasses and saw "hot." It seemed out of character for both of you and I was momentarily startled.

hoosier
11-01-2019, 08:27 AM
The measure with which you measure will be given out to you

You see what you want to see. This, however, ↑ reads like a pre-Socratic fragment. Should I use it as my signature?

pbmax
11-02-2019, 08:06 AM
You see what you want to see. This, however, ↑ reads like a pre-Socratic fragment. Should I use it as my signature?

It sounds like a piece is still missing from the stone tablet.

MadtownPacker
11-05-2019, 11:40 PM
Those who gave a damn enough to vote have spoken, the RR is now open to the public/any visitor for reading.

australianpackerbacker
11-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Whatever expression you take from what i say, know that it is just an expression. AKA a story. Evaluate with truth whether that story has meaning. I try to see everything that i can conceivably see in my own awareness as a human being. Interacting with others helps me to see where im off base, and challenges me to grow more.

I was actually quoting Jesus because the resonance i felt when saying what i did, was accurate in the context within which it was expressed. But none of the "who said it" matters. "seeing what i want to see", keeps me in the illusion. And thats not honest. Some can live that way. I cant.

"Should we be open to people that eat us?....etc etc...

Think of a martial artist who has been deeply trained in the art of killing his opponent. They are some of the most peaceful people on the planet, because the art of their spiritual practice evolves their understanding of humanity and life way BEYOND the layman. The are of fighting is understand that you dont ever need to fight. They only kill when shit hits the fan. Their true art is peace..

Now think of the military industrial complex, who has created hundreds of thousands of "soldiers" ready for battle by any means necessary. Suicide rates in these trained assassins are very high. But in genuine fighting arts where the art and form is to NEVER fight, these people dont suffer PTSD or any other problem. Killing your fellow man or woman destroys your psyche. There is so much depth to the peaceful warrior that truly no man that has lived a typical western life can comprehend.

I could go on and post thousands of valid reasons why, cant be bothered.

mraynrand
11-06-2019, 08:00 AM
How many martial artists are deeply trained in the art of killing their opponent?

George Cumby
11-18-2019, 03:44 PM
Whatever expression you take from what i say, know that it is just an expression. AKA a story. Evaluate with truth whether that story has meaning. I try to see everything that i can conceivably see in my own awareness as a human being. Interacting with others helps me to see where im off base, and challenges me to grow more.

I was actually quoting Jesus because the resonance i felt when saying what i did, was accurate in the context within which it was expressed. But none of the "who said it" matters. "seeing what i want to see", keeps me in the illusion. And thats not honest. Some can live that way. I cant.

"Should we be open to people that eat us?....etc etc...

Think of a martial artist who has been deeply trained in the art of killing his opponent. They are some of the most peaceful people on the planet, because the art of their spiritual practice evolves their understanding of humanity and life way BEYOND the layman. The are of fighting is understand that you dont ever need to fight. They only kill when shit hits the fan. Their true art is peace..

Now think of the military industrial complex, who has created hundreds of thousands of "soldiers" ready for battle by any means necessary. Suicide rates in these trained assassins are very high. But in genuine fighting arts where the art and form is to NEVER fight, these people dont suffer PTSD or any other problem. Killing your fellow man or woman destroys your psyche. There is so much depth to the peaceful warrior that truly no man that has lived a typical western life can comprehend.

I could go on and post thousands of valid reasons why, cant be bothered.

Either I'm missing something or don't do enough drugs.